Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37950 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akexstinger(m): 6:16am On Oct 01, 2014
PrinceMario: It's obvious that you've visited the igala part of kogi,i think that's where such happen.
Try make such research about the yoruba area of the state,it think that would change your mentality of tagging the whole state lifeless.

And what is happening in mopa,isanlu, egbe and other places apart from only Kabba? You talking trash. It. Will take time, the state is saddled with corruption
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akexstinger(m): 6:20am On Oct 01, 2014
PrinceMario: Lol...same thing my roommates do say. they pay lots of attention anytime i'm receiving a call from home.
They used to wonder why we were carved out of kwara and merged with kogi(Igala and Ebira),people who we share nothing in common with.

Then u need to go to school and learn community and country's existence. Different entities form states and countries. Even if u were merged with kwara or ekiti, u wud be tagged as a second fiddle.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by meforyou1(m): 6:49am On Oct 01, 2014
U are just a bafoon
Klinee: the ibaji people have cease the activities of orient in aguleri otu right now. "Any aguleri or orient kill him" said by ibajis
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 7:19am On Oct 01, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: I told you that you're losing it but you're just grasping at the straw.
Who is my mother? Is she tall or short?
Is she fair or black?
In which city or town can u found her?
What's her business?

Mr man, I don't know and I know you have not left your shanties just like I presume before.
My mother is not in the shanties of your neighborhood and I am getting tired of exchanging words with a dundee like you.
You're below my standard.
I don't know you or your wackos generation.
And once again, what's your obsession with oldies?

Yorrober men won't depart from anything with hole even chicken.
luk at d stupid question dis foolish p!g is askin me,u crazy idiot ur mum is my b!tch,i dont need to tell u ao d b!tch luk lik,cox u already know......flat head
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by ak47mann(m): 8:01am On Oct 01, 2014
[b]Anambra State may soon start refining petroleum products in the next nine months, the Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has said.

The governor, who stated this during an interactive session with journalists on Wednesday night said that since he had adopted development of the oil and gas sector as one of the cardinal pillars of his administration, he would work hard to ensure that in the next nine months, Orient Petroleum would begin to refine petroleum deposits in the state.

He said, “for now, Orient Petroleum is the only company handling that, but we are stepping in to ensure that they start refining petroleum products in the nine months time.

“When we do this, we are sure that more oil and gas based industries will follow and jobs will be provided”.

Obiano said he was going to pursue aggressively an increase in the internal revenue of the state, and that he had appointed an expert in the person of Mr Okey Muoka as his special adviser on internal revenue.

The governor also disclosed that he had appointed the son of the late leader of All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, Chief Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu Jnr as the sole administrator of Nnewi North Local Government Area.
April 10 2014 [/b]
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 8:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: orient dey for aguleri nd not ibaji.
Or are u trying to tell me that odeke people cross into aguleri whenevr they feel like?
I know that the boundary land is deserted for now but not orient facility.
Orient is just gradually moving there base out of Aguleri-otu due to fear. Many of there workers now live and work from Nzam town. Majority of there oil-wells claimed to be found in aguleri-otu is located in that dispute area. For now i dont know if there is any oil-well again in aguleri until the dispute is settle. When i ask one of the orient worker in Nzam, he said that majority of the oil-wells is located in Nzam follow by Innoma and Anam, he never mention aguleri. I will still do more investigation.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 9:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
Klinee: Orient is just gradually moving there base out of Aguleri-otu due to fear. Many of there workers now live and work from Nzam town. Majority of there oil-wells claimed to be found in aguleri-otu is located in that dispute area. For now i dont know if there is any oil-well again in aguleri until the dispute is settle. When i ask one of the orient worker in Nzam, he said that majority of the oil-wells is located in Nzam follow by Innoma and Anam, he never mention aguleri. I will still do more investigation.
Yep bro,
I get what you're trying to say, the suppose aguleri oil well lies deep in odeke community because to access the oil well, you have to pass inalo river and some farm settlement around it and it all belongs to the odeke people.
I still don't understand the geographical nature of that place but since you live there, help me and investigate wella.
And also try and check if igala people have resume their fishing activities at the inalo river and if they have started making use of their farmland.
This dispute is surely doing those igala community( echeano/odeke) more harm than good cos I think that inalo river is the only fishing pond they got and they have stop fishing activities at the pond because of this crisis.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 9:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
Klinee: Orient is just gradually moving there base out of Aguleri-otu due to fear. Many of there workers now live and work from Nzam town. Majority of there oil-wells claimed to be found in aguleri-otu is located in that dispute area. For now i dont know if there is any oil-well again in aguleri until the dispute is settle. When i ask one of the orient worker in Nzam, he said that majority of the oil-wells is located in Nzam follow by Innoma and Anam, he never mention aguleri. I will still do more investigation.
Yep bro,
I get what you're trying to say, the suppose aguleri oil well lies deep in odeke community because to access the oil well, you have to pass inalo river and some farm settlement around it and it all belongs to the odeke people.
I still don't understand the geographical nature of that place but since you live there, help me and investigate wella.
And also try and check if igala people have resume their fishing activities at the inalo river and if they have started making use of their farmland.
This dispute is surely doing those igala community( echeano/odeke) more harm than good cos I think that inalo river is the only fishing pond they got and they have stop fishing activities at the pond because of this crisis.

I will like you to investigate wella abt the level of dispute right now and how those boundary communities are faring.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Yep bro,

I will like you to investigate wella abt the level of dispute right now and how those boundary communities are faring.
For now there is no problem there. Both communties go their normal activities. But if aguleri people dont have fear let them transpass the land with notion of drilling oil, i tell u they will see chegee!!
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 11:36pm On Oct 01, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Yep bro,

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 12:20am On Oct 02, 2014
Klinee: For now there is no problem there. Both communties go their normal activities. But if aguleri people dont have fear let them transpass the land with notion of drilling oil, i tell u they will see chegee!!
Aguleri are not orient workers nah.
And you even know that in a fair fight aguleri will spank odeke and echeano people combine together.

That's 1 of the reason your igala brothers abscond from their only fish ponds and farm settlement.

And I also heard that you people call reinforcement from igala communities at taraba and benue state to help una out in the land dispute just against one town.

Aguleri people are war mongers when their neighbors temper with their land because they have many neighbors and they never want to lose an inch to any of them.
I know say the oil land is not their land that's why they hired militias instead of doing the fight themselves.

It all boils down to crude oil politics.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 9:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Aguleri are not orient workers nah.
And you even know that in a fair fight aguleri will spank odeke and echeano people combine together.

That's 1 of the reason your igala brothers abscond from their only fish ponds and farm settlement.

And I also heard that you people call reinforcement from igala communities at taraba and benue state to help una out in the land dispute just against one town.

Aguleri people are war mongers when their neighbors temper with their land because they have many neighbors and they never want to lose an inch to any of them.
I know say the oil land is not their land that's why they hired militias instead of doing the fight themselves.

It all boils down to crude oil politics.
The fight is between odeke and aguleri, if echanwo comes in then the whole aguleri will be varnish. If you put odeke and echanwo togather they are not half of aguleri. But when they come for you, you will comfirm by yourself. Ibaji will never fear any neighbouring town becos they have all it takes. Igalas are very peaceful people. Aguleri first to attack odeke people when they are not fortify. But when they fortify themselves and come for aguleri they start calling for help. Aguleri can only fight umuleri not igala. You can ask aguleri person about igalas he will tell u more.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 12:43am On Oct 03, 2014
Klinee: The fight is between odeke and aguleri, if echanwo comes in then the whole aguleri will be varnish. If you put odeke and echanwo togather they are not half of aguleri. But when they come for you, you will comfirm by yourself. Ibaji will never fear any neighbouring town becos they have all it takes. Igalas are very peaceful people. Aguleri first to attack odeke people when they are not fortify. But when they fortify themselves and come for aguleri they start calling for help. Aguleri can only fight umuleri not igala. You can ask aguleri person about igalas he will tell u more.
And you think this is the first fight between aguleri and igala community?
They have fought with the igala community at enugu/anambra boundary just because of fish pond and they thrash those people.
Igala people are great fighters but they lack what it takes to finance a war against aguleri.
Not only man power is needed in a job but also financial assistance.
Last year aguleri warriors struck deep into odeke community and burnt many houses but since aguleri people started fighting their neighbors, none of them has struck into aguleri town, they only attack the boundary village at aguleri only umuleri people tried that but was resisted by aguleri warriors.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 11:31pm On Oct 03, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: And you think this is the first fight between aguleri and igala community?
They have fought with the igala community at enugu/anambra boundary just because of fish pond and they thrash those people.
Igala people are great fighters but they lack what it takes to finance a war against aguleri.
Not only man power is needed in a job but also financial assistance.
Last year aguleri warriors struck deep into odeke community and burnt many houses but since aguleri people started fighting their neighbors, none of them has struck into aguleri town, they only attack the boundary village at aguleri only umuleri people tried that but was resisted by aguleri warriors.
What are you saying now? Those aguleri at otuocha are chaf when they hear gun shot by umuleri people they will all run to seek help in those boundary village before they will now come to igala for fortification. Those aguleri never provoke igala until they do then you will know if igala will enter there or not. I dont understand what u mean by finance. What will u do if u send your brothers to a fight,on there way they were killed. Tomorow u send another of your brothers, they were kill too. Will u continue to send? No instead u try to make peace, that is what is what happen between aguleri and odeke.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 2:12am On Oct 17, 2014
Sylverbox:
My brother I feel your pain. I just can't wrap my head round why the Okuns were put inbetween these other two tribes that obviously don't seem to know left from right. I am sorry to say, but I am ashamed of the state called KOGI!

Mister, learn to live with them! Afterall, there are Yorubas too in Cotonou, Benin Republic.

What do you want them to say?? wink

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by dhtglobal(m): 9:10am On Dec 01, 2015
lonelyhousewife:
the decision to move to Kogi is a strategic one. Kogi State is one of the educationally less developed states and as such has advantages in terms of admission into federal institutions, jobs, scholarship and other minor benefits.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 10:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Akexstinger:
Stop spouting like a rocket, who told u anambra spent money in developing the oil wells? Do u know the difference between a well that has been explored, drilled, cased and capped? For your info, those wells were drilled and cased by federal government "Elf total,Mobil" in the late 1960s n 70s, and after discoveries that the crude oil from these drilled wells were not in commercial quantities, the wells were not fully developed, they were cased n then abandoned.

So where is the anambra money coming into this? And besides, who says building a refinery means u are the owner of the wells or that u have reservoir in ur place? Or don't u know the difference between refining and drilling?

And that any country can go into refining business even if there is no crude oil deposit! We have japan, aberdeen, and so many countries where they have refineries, PTI and yet they don't have crude oil deposit.

So if anambra spent millions of dollars in building a mini refinery, that is their own cup of tea, as far as we are concern, those wells are in kogi state.

Kogi state can decide to build their own refinery later at their own time pending when they feel like exploiting the wells to the fullest capacity. Its all about going to into MOUs with china, singapore, japan and u will have a mini refinery in 8 months just like niger republic have done. So please spare me that issh of anambra spent money. Ibaji is my local govt.

Where have you been??! You disappeared from NL for a while! cheesy
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Konquest: 6:23am On Nov 05, 2017
ekolina:
Your Dad misinformed u, Ette is not Nsuka and will never be Nsuka. Ette gets its traditional stool from Kogi(Igala Land) since time inmemorial and the people of Ette don't inter-marry with Nsuka. As a matter of fact you can count the number of homes with Igbo as wife. Those who understood Igbo did cuz of the proximity of Ette with Aji and Enugu-ezike
^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I found this thread via @eziokwu1's thread.

I'm learning new things everyday
about border communities. Ette with a mixture
of 3 ethnicities.

Very interesting history.

I think I read on Nairaland or someplace that
the Nsuka people were not regarded as Ibo
many years ago because of their cultural
affinity with the Igala, including their
tribal marks [facial scarifications].

Even I'm aware that the red chieftaincy caps
were first introduced into the Nsuka
area via Igalas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by wirinet(m): 6:49am On Nov 05, 2017
elobyobi:
Niggaz be like "hi, I'm Chukwuma, from Kogi State"

Mtchewww...

This one small, have you not heard " hi, I am Obinna, I am from Lagos State", what of " hi, I am Okwudili, I am British"?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 3:20pm On Nov 08, 2017
Konquest:
^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^
I found this thread via @eziokwu1's thread.

I'm learning new things everyday
about border communities. Ette with a mixture
of 3 ethnicities.

Very interesting history.

I think I read on Nairaland or someplace that
the Nsuka people were not regarded as Ibo
many years ago because of their cultural
affinity with the Igala, including their
tribal marks [facial scarifications].

Even I'm aware that the red chieftaincy caps
were first introduced into the Nsuka
area via Igalas.
Don't mind some of those funny IPOB people on NL. The day I told one Numbskull here, that Nsukka elders carry tribal marks, he called me unprintable names. There are still some communities in the SE, that cannot crown their kings without a delegation from Igala land in attendance. Without those Igala chieftains, such a coronation is not regarded as spiritually valid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by blaqoracle: 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2017
datguru:
senseless people. Whether you are in Enugu or Kogi, you are still in Nigeria. The Kogi government ain't special in any way . So why the killing and all this shiit ? SMH
igbo fighting desperately to join northern nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Unexploded Civil War Bomb Discovered In Oji River / Atiku, Gbenga Daniel And Ademola Adeleke Rocking PDP Customized Agbada / We Need More Pantamis In Power: Sheikh Gumi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.