Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,153 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi (37922 Views)

Tension In Ondo Community Over Pipeline Attacks-the Nation / Many Dead, 50 Houses Razed As Boko Haram Invades Adamawa Communities / INEC Suspends Election In Delta Community Over Insecurity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by PrinceMario(m): 11:30am On Sep 27, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
I love the Okun dialect. It's musical.
Lol...same thing my roommates do say. they pay lots of attention anytime i'm receiving a call from home.
They used to wonder why we were carved out of kwara and merged with kogi(Igala and Ebira),people who we share nothing in common with.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2014
Continue speaking English while your people suffer.
There is no life but existence in kogi. Kogi is a dead zone! Blame it on your selfish wicked elders and leaders!
The only tourist attraction is kogi is the graves which is in front of every compound!
tongue

PrinceMario: Have u been to Kogi state before ranting rubbish here is detrimental to mental wellbeing.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by cooljude(m): 11:33am On Sep 27, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's my community and you are absolutely right. Ette is purely an Nsukka town. The intermarriage between the three tribes you mentioned is largely responsible for this crisis. Also, a large portion of the Idomas and Igalas who migrated there years ago due to the proximity of ette community and their villages contributed to this mixture.
issues like this have various stories by the different groups. I don't want to argue what i am not specifically sure with ekolina.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Circe: 12:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Samiceman: grin pls remind me... How many higher institutions of learning do we have in Kogi and Enugu state? illiteracy at it's best
I wonder where you come from and how far you've gone academically
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Samiceman: 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Circe: I wonder where you come from and how far you've gone academically
hmmm, I no even go sch... So stop wondering

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by zendy: 2:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
Akexstinger:

Stop spouting like a rocket, who told u anambra spent money in developing the oil wells? Do u know the difference between a well that has been explored, drilled, cased and capped? For your info, those wells were drilled and cased by federal government "Elf total,Mobil" in the late 1960s n 70s, and after discoveries that the crude oil from these drilled wells were not in commercial quantities, the wells were not fully developed, they were cased n then abandoned. So where is the anambra money coming into this? And besides, who says building a refinery means u are the owner of the wells or that u have reservoir in ur place? Or don't u know the difference between refining and drilling? And that any country can go into refining business even if there is no crude oil deposit! We have japan, aberdeen, and so many countries where they have refineries, PTI and yet they don't have crude oil deposit. So if anambra spent millions of dollars in building a mini refinery, that is their own cup of tea, as far as we are concern, those wells are in kogi state. Kogi state can decide to build their own refinery later at their own time pending when they feel like exploiting the wells to the fullest capacity. Its all about going to into MOUs with china, singapore, japan and u will have a mini refinery in 8 months just like niger republic have done. So please spare me that issh of anambra spent money. Ibaji is my local govt.

This is all rubbish talk from lazy people in Kogi who cannot develop thier resources. It is common knowledge that the Anambra river basin is rich in oil and gas deposits. The two oil wells that Orient oil are currently operating on are in Aguleri otu. Is Aguleri in Kogi? FYI Orient oil is a fully licenced petrochemical refining and oil prospecting company which the Anambra state government has invested close to 3 Billion Naira to get it where it is. So instead of you lazy youths of Kogi putting your government to task about what they are doing to develop whatever resources maybe found on your lands,you people are busy conducting 'cross border raids' into Igbo land to reap where you did not sow.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Sylverbox(m): 4:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Exodus2k: Since FG discovered oil in that Boundary problem has increase,

Is crude oil a blessing or a course to citizens in Nigerians?
its a 'Course', Oil 419!
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Sylverbox(m): 5:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
PrinceMario: Lol...same thing my roommates do say. they pay lots of attention anytime i'm receiving a call from home.
They used to wonder why we were carved out of kwara and merged with kogi(Igala and Ebira),people who we share nothing in common with.
My brother I feel your pain. I just can't wrap my head round why the Okuns were put inbetween these other two tribes that obviously don't seem to know left from right. I am sorry to say, but I am ashamed of the state called KOGI!
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by PrinceMario(m): 6:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
peppyluv02: Continue speaking English while your people suffer.
There is no life but existence in kogi. Kogi is a dead zone! Blame it on your selfish wicked elders and leaders!
The only tourist attraction is kogi is the graves which is in front of every compound!
tongue

It's obvious that you've visited the igala part of kogi,i think that's where such happen.
Try make such research about the yoruba area of the state,it think that would change your mentality of tagging the whole state lifeless.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 8:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
Omololu007: weda i don leave my hamlet or not,,is none of ur business u son of a woman wit a smellin pvsshy.....fvck ur crazy moda at home flat head
gringrin

E pain am.

I knew you have not left your shanties at oshun.
Btw, I am not a yorrober man that have the habit of rapping anything with hole whether big or small.

Scratched oil face human being.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: gringrin

E pain am.

I knew you have not left your shanties at oshun.
Btw, I am not a yorrober man that have the habit of rapping anything with hole whether big or small.

Scratched oil face human being.
u must b so foolish if u fink wot pig lik u typ,dey pain me...idiot ao many old woman hav u rape in ur village,,,oloshi olori pelebe
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 10:55pm On Sep 27, 2014
Omololu007: u must b so foolish if u fink wot pig lik u typ,dey pain me...idiot ao many old woman hav u rape in ur village,,,oloshi olori pelebe
So you think I am like you that derives pleasure in raping old women?
Sorry I am not like that bro.
I know you must be one of these idiotic yorrober inbreeding that rape everything with hole. gringrin

And type what I can read so make I know how to smash you.

Foolish fool.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 12:03am On Sep 28, 2014
zendy:

This is all rubbish talk from lazy people in Kogi who cannot develop thier resources. It is common knowledge that the Anambra river basin is rich in oil and gas deposits. The two oil wells that Orient oil are currently operating on are in Aguleri otu. Is Aguleri in Kogi? FYI Orient oil is a fully licenced petrochemical refining and oil prospecting company which the Anambra state government has invested close to 3 Billion Naira to get it where it is. So instead of you lazy youths of Kogi putting your government to task about what they are doing to develop whatever resources maybe found on your lands,you people are busy conducting 'cross border raids' into Igbo land to reap where you did not sow.
the ibaji people have cease the activities of orient in aguleri otu right now. "Any aguleri or orient kill him" said by ibajis
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: So you think I am like you that derives pleasure in raping old women?
Sorry I am not like that bro.
I know you must be one of these idiotic yorrober inbreeding that rape everything with hole. gringrin

And type what I can read so make I know how to smash you.

Foolish fool.
foolish flat head,even ur moda wit a smellin pvssy at home cant talk to me lik dis,bcox she is my bitch...u idiot u fink we dont hear in d news ao u beast rape old women in d east....foolish flat head
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 10:00am On Sep 28, 2014
Omololu007: foolish flat head,even ur moda wit a smellin pvssy at home cant talk to me lik dis,bcox she is my bitch...u idiot u fink we dont hear in d news ao u beast rape old women in d east....foolish flat head
scratched oil face human being, continue hearing and sharing fake news to massage your ego.
My mum is too decent to even interact with a dirty yorrober oil scratched face like you so continue dreaming cos I know yorrober man's dream is to fvck anything that come from the east that's why your men are tropping here in a big numbers to marry neat chicks. gringrin

Ebola infested monkey.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 10:03am On Sep 28, 2014
Klinee: the ibaji people have cease the activities of orient in aguleri otu right now. "Any aguleri or orient kill him" said by ibajis
and who fed you this wack information?

Abi no be aguleri I just left last week?
Guy orient are even dredging the omanbala river side of anam for the construction of their second storage tank at anam.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by bayotee(m): 10:48am On Sep 28, 2014
What's in kogi that people are killing themselves to be part of? Lord have mercy! I have severally wished I were not from kogi state due to poor governance. A state where we can't even have a funtional streeights in the heart of the state (Lokoja). Where primary school teachers could go on strike for more than 6mths for non-payment of salaries, where local goverment employers are paid half of one month salary after about 4mths of non-payment. In my opinion, kogi no be am.
Better to stay where you are!

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: scratched oil face human being, continue hearing and sharing fake news to massage your ego.
My mum is too decent to even interact with a dirty yorrober oil scratched face like you so continue dreaming cos I know yorrober man's dream is to fvck anything that come from the east that's why your men are tropping here in a big numbers to marry neat chicks. gringrin

Ebola infested monkey.
see d way dis criminal is talkin to me,are u talkin abt ur igbo sistas doin ashawo all ova d country,hahahaha,,ur mum is a bitch,ao are u even sure d man u call papa,is really ur dad,,u mom was once a bitch,,i was one of d pple dat fvck her pvsshy,but i dont fvcu d b!tch u call mum again cox hr pvsshy don slack
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 1:25am On Sep 29, 2014
Akexstinger:

Stop spouting like a rocket, who told u anambra spent money in developing the oil wells? Do u know the difference between a well that has been explored, drilled, cased and capped? For your info, those wells were drilled and cased by federal government "Elf total,Mobil" in the late 1960s n 70s, and after discoveries that the crude oil from these drilled wells were not in commercial quantities, the wells were not fully developed, they were cased n then abandoned. So where is the anambra money coming into this? And besides, who says building a refinery means u are the owner of the wells or that u have reservoir in ur place? Or don't u know the difference between refining and drilling? And that any country can go into refining business even if there is no crude oil deposit! We have japan, aberdeen, and so many countries where they have refineries, PTI and yet they don't have crude oil deposit.

So if anambra spent millions of dollars in building a mini refinery, that is their own cup of tea, as far as we are concern, those wells are in kogi state. Kogi state can decide to build their own refinery later at their own time pending when they feel like exploiting the wells to the fullest capacity. Its all about going to into MOUs with china, singapore, japan and u will have a mini refinery in 8 months just like niger republic have done. So please spare me that issh of anambra spent money. Ibaji is my local govt.

Er, point of correction. Those oil wells are located in a sedimentary basin that actually straddles the boundaries of 3 states (i.e. Kogi, Anambra and Enugu state).

While you have made some valid points, it must be pointed out that the oil still needs to be drilled, before it can be refined. The communities in Kogi state where part of those oil wells are located, have also accused the Anambra Orient Refinery workers of polluting their farmlands and fishing ponds with their exploration activities. Kindly read part of the story here:

News Diary: The people of Kogi State who share boundary with Anambra State where there have been lingering boundary disputes have once again disclosed that they are more concerned about access to their farmlands and fishponds and not the presence of oil as is being insinuated.

Kogi State Deputy Governor and Chairman State Boundary Commission,Yomi Awoniyi,made the disclosure at a presentation to the House of Representative Joint Committee set up to interface with parties involved in the alleged encroachment of some parts of Kogi State by Anambra State and to carry out investigation into activities of oil companies in the disputed area.

The Joint Committee meeting was sequel to a motion brought before the House and referred to the Committee’s of Petroleum Resources (upstream) and that of Special Duties.

While noting that oil was only discovered somewhere in the present day Bayelsa in 1956, disclosed that as far back as 1922, documentary evidence of colonial times showed that the first crisis between Kogi and Anambra was over the disputed areas where forest reserves under the Kabba province were being encroached upon to establish Anambra Forest reserves.

The Deputy Governor also said as far back as 1994 there were already efforts between communities in Kogi and Anambra states to use ethnographic references to resolve the areas of dispute in favor of Kogi State,said the inability for the people to access their farmlands and fishing ponds is the state’s concern and not oil.
http://newsdiaryonline.com/kogi-says-tussle-with-anambra-is-over-farmlandsfishponds-not-oil/

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 1:39am On Sep 29, 2014
zendy:

Erm, Oga please be informed that the oil wells where Orient is currently operating or conducting its' exploration activities, cover more than 3 states. Those wells are located in Anambra, Kogi, Enugu and other state boundaries. Kindly read the rest of the story here:

Kogi Reports.com:
Kogi Oil: Experts Want Technical Committee on Anambra, Kogi Dispute

Geographically, the Anambra Basin literally sits on top (north) of the Niger Delta and like the Niger Delta, cuts across several states, including Anambra,Benue, Delta, Edo, Enugu and Kogi. The basin, also like the Niger Delta, has been divided into blocks and awarded to various companies with work commitments enshrined in the various agreements signed. That of OPRL is a Sole-Risk Agreement with a commitment to build a refinery.

OPL 915 lies across the states of Anambra, Edo, Enugu and Kogi, with about 50 percent of the block in Kogi, while the remaining states share the other 50 percent. shocked There are four wells drilled on the block by Elf Petroleum – Anambra River-1 in 1967, Anambra River-2 and 3 drilled later in 1984. The company in 1985 drilled Oda River-1. The three Anambra River wells are located in the Anambra State part of the block, while Oda River-1 was drilled in Kogi State. No wells have been drilled in the territories of Edo or Enugu States.

OPL 916, on the other hand, is located immediately south of OPL 915 and covers Anambra, Edo, Delta and Kogi states, with about 80 percent of the block in Anambra State. Like OPL 915, the block has four wells drilled – Nzam-1 (1954) and Alo-1 (1976) both by Shell, while Elf drilled both Okpo-1 and Iji-1 in 1985. According to reports, Alo-1 found gas, while others have ‘dry’ reported as their current status. All wells except Iji-1 are located inside Anambra State. Iji-1 is in Delta State.

The present controversy is caused by the attraction of the 13 percent derivation fund that will start accruing to Anambra State as an oil and gas producing state. If the Anambra River field is entirely situated inside the territory of Anambra State (and this can only be revealed by the seismic data currently being acquired, and new wells that will follow), then all of the benefits will go to the state. On the other hand, if it extends across the state’s boundary, then some aggregation of reserves on both sides will be used as basis to determine what belongs to each state.

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by laudate: 1:54am On Sep 29, 2014
Lordlexyy: That's my community and you are absolutely right. Ette is purely an Nsukka town. The intermarriage between the three tribes you mentioned is largely responsible for this crisis. Also, a large portion of the Idomas and Igalas who migrated there years ago due to the proximity of ette community and their villages contributed to this mixture.

Here we go again! Ette is an Nsukka town?? Since when? shocked I did youth corps in another town, quite close to that place oh!

Please let us be careful about generalising....their traditional folklore contains references to the fact that they descended from the Igalla people.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Klinee: 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: and who fed you this wack information?

Abi no be aguleri I just left last week?
Guy orient are even dredging the omanbala river side of anam for the construction of their second storage tank at anam.
At where? You dont even know anywhere there. Am from the area and am also living there. For now orient is doing nothing in aguleri otu side. Infact we havnt see anything on ground, i dont know who is feeding you with this false information.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 8:30pm On Sep 30, 2014
Omololu007: see d way dis criminal is talkin to me,are u talkin abt ur igbo sistas doin ashawo all ova d country,hahahaha,,ur mum is a bitch,ao are u even sure d man u call papa,is really ur dad,,u mom was once a bitch,,i was one of d pple dat fvck her pvsshy,but i dont fvcu d b!tch u call mum again cox hr pvsshy don slack
Kia,

You're no longer making brain with this fvck issue.
You would have told me that u fvck oldies but dude I am sorry for your predicament.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 8:42pm On Sep 30, 2014
Klinee: At where? You dont even know anywhere there. Am from the area and am also living there. For now orient is doing nothing in aguleri otu side. Infact we havnt see anything on ground, i dont know who is feeding you with this false information.
orient dey for aguleri nd not ibaji.
Or are u trying to tell me that odeke people cross into aguleri whenevr they feel like?
I know that the boundary land is deserted for now but not orient facility.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 10:16pm On Sep 30, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: Kia,

You're no longer making brain with this fvck issue.
You would have told me that u fvck oldies but dude I am sorry for your predicament.
so nah ir papa dey mak sense,,,,ao many old women u don molest for ur village dis week,flat head.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 11:34pm On Sep 30, 2014
Omololu007: so nah ir papa dey mak sense,,,,ao many old women u don molest for ur village dis week,flat head.
what's ur obsession with old women

Dude fvck off cos I hate people who young dude who goes for old women.

Yorrober cone head.
Old women wrapper.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Omololu007(m): 11:39pm On Sep 30, 2014
HarmLessAkpi: what's ur obsession with old women

Dude fvck off cos I hate people who young dude who goes for old women.

Yorrober cone head.
Old women wrapper.
u fuckin idiot,who told u am intrested in old women,just bcox i fvckd ur moda eh,idiot.....u r d flat head dat do molest old women,now tell me ao many old women u hav molest dis week...pig
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by HarmLessAkpi: 12:02am On Oct 01, 2014
Omololu007: u fuckin idiot,who told u am intrested in old women,just bcox i fvckd ur moda eh,idiot.....u r d flat head dat do molest old women,now tell me ao many old women u hav molest dis week...pig
I told you that you're losing it but you're just grasping at the straw.
Who is my mother? Is she tall or short?
Is she fair or black?
In which city or town can u found her?
What's her business?

Mr man, I don't know and I know you have not left your shanties just like I presume before.
My mother is not in the shanties of your neighborhood and I am getting tired of exchanging words with a dundee like you.
You're below my standard.
I don't know you or your wackos generation.
And once again, what's your obsession with oldies?

Yorrober men won't depart from anything with hole even chicken.
Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akexstinger(m): 5:52am On Oct 01, 2014
zendy:

What's our business with orient petroleum and who owns it? Please youngman go and do more research. Did they tell u that the wells were drilled in the anambra river basin? I'm telling u where we we have cased wells and u are here jumpicating from pillars to poles mouthing. Even the orient chairman made statement where he said the oil is around river basin, and the capped wells are in kogi just that the bulk of the oil is anambra and we have told them to go n drill in anambra and not come n exploit the cased well in kogi. We have a lot of resources so please spare me that nonsense of saying "whatever resources"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akexstinger(m): 6:09am On Oct 01, 2014
laudate:

Er, point of correction. Those oil wells are located in a sedimentary basin that actually straddles the boundaries of 3 states (i.e. Kogi, Anambra and Enugu state).

While you have made some valid points, it must be pointed out that the oil still needs to be drilled, before it can be refined. The communities in Kogi state where part of those oil wells are located, have also accused the Anambra Orient Refinery workers of polluting their farmlands and fishing ponds with their exploration activities. Kindly read part of the story here:

Orient is not drilling anything, they want to develop the already drilled wells that were not in commercial quantities. They took permission from DPR to do that because of the federal govt policy on indigenisation companies. Where the orient are operating now is in kogi, their refinery is in anambra.

1 Like

Re: 10 Houses Razed, Scores Injured In Enugu Community Over Move To Join Kogi by Akexstinger(m): 6:13am On Oct 01, 2014
bayotee: What's in kogi that people are killing themselves to be part of? Lord have mercy! I have severally wished I were not from kogi state due to poor governance. A state where we can't even have a funtional streeights in the heart of the state (Lokoja). Where primary school teachers could go on strike for more than 6mths for non-payment of salaries, where local goverment employers are paid half of one month salary after about 4mths of non-payment. In my opinion, kogi no be am.
Better to stay where you are!
You are just a coward. Be proud where you are from, if corruption is disturbing kogi state, that should not hinder you from playing your own part in correcting the ills. Instead, you are here showing cowardice by denying your state with your wrong spellings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Rolling On The Floor In A Church In Kogi (Photos) / Stolen Artefacts: Oba of Benin, Obaseki To Build World-Class Museum / Edo Speaker, Frank Okiye Dumps APC For PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.