Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,438 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:50 AM

An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists (3549 Views)

13 Questions For Feminists / Feminism Redefined By Emma Watson / false reasons why some people believe feminists hate men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks: So what will this open letter do? Will it suddenly turn to a magic wand and kill all feminists on planet earth? undecided undecided

As long as something that provokes a movemennt persists, The movemnt will continue and grow.

Just saying.

lets say this open letter is a letter against the need for islamic jihad, i want you to remove the "feminist" in your post i am quoting now and replace it with "jihadists" and tell us how it sounds to you.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
crackhaus:
Just a few lines after that bit you quoted, she wrote this:

You must have missed the emboldened.

Religion is not tradition. In many cultures child brides were the norm but with enlightenment and education of the damages it causes this changed when it comes to a people's belief its a different issue and everyone has a right to believe what they want even if its not the best you cannot force them to suddenly abandon what they hold on to and even defines them.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 6:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
andromida:

Religion is not tradition. In many cultures child brides were the norm but with enlightenment and education of the damages it causes this changed when it comes to a people's belief its a different issue and everyone has a right to believe what they want even if its not the best you cannot force them to suddenly abandon what they hold on to and even defines them.
All this you have written, can be solved under human rights. You have to give me a cogent reason feminism is needed; give me and I will close this thread immediately.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
andromida:

She missed this, she does not understand that child bride does not necessarily arise because of poverty.

actually, i thought as much as you too. she missed it but still on point at the same time.

I think while you didn't state your reason for child marriage, you are of the opinion that child marriage is mainly a man's fault and it is man's deliberate way to oppress the woman, thats what i can sense from your post.

But no, child marriage is not the man's fault. I agree she got it wrong when she linked it up with poverty. (e can see it as evolutionary. I cannot begin to give you the anthropological background to it now maybe, you will come to understand that there is no need taking it out on the man that child marriage is his fault. Remember, child marriage isn't only about girl bride. It is also about BOY GROOM! And yea, there is a BOY GROOM. It exists. I know you are shocked about it. It is am much as girl bride. Its just that it is not talked about.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
craziebone:

lets say this open letter is a letter against the need for islamic jihad, i want you to remove the "feminist" in your post i am quoting now and replace it with "jihadists" and tell us how it sounds to you.
Ask @sophyrocks if she can point to any logical fight that can't be fought under Human Rights, if there is any, I will close this thread. Feminism is rebellion, there antecedents are too bad to call it a fight for equity(equality does not exist).
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: So as a rich man, I still can be stupid enough to marry my daughter out at a very young age, explain further, cos your point is inconsistent and defies logic.

i think i disagree with you here. It has got nothing to do with riches or poverty. There are boy child marriage too. And it is no less present than girl child marriage. The reason we do not hear of the boy child marriage very much is bot becos it is less common or that it hurts and harms less. It is becos women's movement talked about it. Also, the human being has a natural sympathy for women and their issues. Thats why we are more aware of girl child marriage than boy child marriage.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
andromida:

You forget the religious aspect many times it has nothing to do with poverty their belief system supports and encourages the practice.

my dear, child marriage has got nothing to do with religion and certainly not the Abrahamic religion which arrived just 3000, 2000 and 1435 years ago, Judaism, Christianity and Islam respectively.

What we call child marriage today has got roots is times before the advent of those religions i just mentioned.

You need to read more of history, sociology and anthropology as well as evolution to get a better idea of what we now call child marriage.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: I'm actually not a misogynist and never will, but when people throw trash at you,you throw it back. Good mothers and innocent ladies viewing this thread, its actually for certain poisonous ladies expectially carefreewannabe ,babygirlfl , sophyrocks, I want to flush them out. But sometimes you just have to *generalize* to make a strong point. I'm a loving husband, my lady can testify. But some people ought to be given garbage to eat. angry

So you are married and you have such strong twisted opinions about women? how does your wife cope? Do you allow her have friends? Do you allow her to go out? Do you allow her to eat without your permission? Do you allow her work? Do you allow her have a bank account? Why didnt you marry a Man? What have women done to you? do you mentally and physically abuse your wife? how do you communicate with her? does she have a say in the marriage? i can guess all the answers. Go and read your comments above and tell me if those words are not typical of a hardcore misogynist. You are not a misogynist but your username and comments prove otherwise.

FYI, i am not a feminist but i sincerrely understand their movement. SINCE THERE ARE MEN LIKE U WITH SUCH EXTREME TWISTED VIEWS OF WOMEN IN GENERAL, I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY FEMINISM ERUPTED. Instead of trying to flush out God knows who (like that will ever work), why dnt your likes prove these feminists wrong by doing the exact opposite of what they are accusing you of.

4 Likes

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Misogynist2014(m): 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks:

So you are married and you have such strong twisted opinions about women? how does your wife cope? Why didnt you marry a Man? What have women done to you? do you mentally and physically abuse your wife? how do you communicate with her? does she have a say in the marriage? i can guess all the answers. Go and read your comments above and tell me if those words are not typical of a hardcore misogynist. You are not a misogynist but your username and comments prove otherwise.

FYI, i am not a feminist but i sincerrely understand their movement. SINCE THERE ARE MEN LIKE U WITH SUCH EXTREME TWISTED VIEWS OF WOMEN IN GENERAL, I FULLY UNDERSTAND WHY FEMINISM ERUPTED. Instead of trying to flush out God knows who (like that will ever work), why dnt your likes prove these feminists wrong by doing the exact opposite of what they are accusing you of.
Your post caught me. But it seems you don't recognize satire when u see it. My mission here is to block all feminists who come to Nairaland and frustrate them. Yes, I love my wife. She has a say and the little time we argue, she surrenders, just like a virtuous woman should. That is why I am here, but to stem hardcore feminists , I have to generalize my posts to make them angry and frustrated as much as I can.
The story of Love was passed to us by the Holy Trinity. Though Christ openly said Father is GREATER, HE STILL FINDS HIMSELF EQUAL TO HIM IN LOVE. THAT IS WHAT I WANT AND THAT IS WHAT I FIGHT FOR. Nothing bonds people like love. I encourage husband and wife to mutually submit, but sometimes there will be collusion and the headship part is what I am fighting for. I don't like divorce, fighting and unhealthy competition in marriages and society like its done in the west. I love how women take marriage in high esteem, that is why I am here to fight the holy fight.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by crackhaus: 11:30pm On Sep 27, 2014
andromida:

Define religion.

On second thought, let me help:
Religion is a collection of cultural systems, belief systems, and worldviews that establishes symbols that relate humanity to spirituality and, sometimes, to moral values.

Are you still very sure about that emboldened bit in your post?
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 12:18am On Sep 28, 2014
@who tagged me.

I have no problem with what the woman had to say, in fact I was the one that liked the op's post.

She doesn't have a problem with feminism and what it's meant for. She has a problem with the few feminists she has met and what some feminists in high positions have done under the umbrella of feminism.

My only issue is, she isn't helping matters either by undermining Emma Watson's speech or speaking ill of feminists. Let her do what she can to fix the problem.

We all can agree that there is one.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
All these pained people can take their tears to the congress.

I still wonder why African based men cry at feminism when most African nations still have heavy discrimination against women.
What more do you people want?
For women to be further marginalized than they already are?
Sadistic much? undecided

If you've that much problem with women's lib,pls don't train your daughters. The more you do,the more they'll realize injustice when they see it and the more they'll speak out.

No sadist should quote me on this very beautiful sunday morning
Ain't gat the gall to stomach your bile.

This post is for whoever mentioned my name on this grief and pain filled thread.
I'm not sympathetic to your plight.
I can only offer a hand kerchief.
The rest of your problems can only be solved by the UK congress and American govt.
Take your sorrows there.

Maybe they'll be kind enough to revert the traditional laws of 'women are to be seen and not to be heard' .

So that your sadistic self can be happy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 9:21am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: All these pained people can take their tears to the congress.

I still wonder why African based men cry at feminism when most African nations still have heavy discrimination against women.
Sadistic much? undecided

If you've that much problem with women's lib,pls don't train your daughters. The more you do,the more they'll realize injustice when they see it and the more they'll speak out.

This post is for whoever mentioned my name on this grief and pain filled thread.
The rest of your problems can only be solved by the UK congress and American govt.
Take your sorrows there.

Maybe they'll be kind enough to revert the traditional laws of 'women are to be seen and not to be heard' .

cheesy
Beautiful Sunday morning like this ,person just dey swear up and down grin
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 9:22am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: All these pained people can take their tears to the congress.

Sadistic much? undecided

Take your sorrows there.

aren't you guys tired of these tactics? When you come up with craziness and men challenge you, the next thing you do is say they are sadists with bruised ego. It has become boring.

1 Like

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 9:25am On Sep 28, 2014
Swear that you saw me swear one swear on that post. Lol

Happy sunday to you smiley
You've turned pagan shey?
No sunday church again.
Ok. Your case has been tabled before the lord.
Truckpusher: cheesy
Beautiful Sunday morning like this ,person just dey swear up and down grin
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 9:26am On Sep 28, 2014
Why not take it up with the congress and the govt? They are the ones endorsing laws that feminists push for.
What can I do to help your pain?
TribalEAST: aren't you guys tired of these tactics? When you come up with craziness and men challenge you, the next thing you do is say they are sadists with bruised ego. It has become boring.

2 Likes

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 9:32am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: Swear that you saw me swear one swear on that post. Lol

Happy sunday to you smiley
You've turned pagan shey?
No sunday church again.
Ok. Your case has been tabled before the lord.
Happy Sunday to you too.
I'm not a pagan sad
My church is in my heart grin
Who table my case before the Lord?.......leave that thing joor baba God dey by my side.In fact we dey yearn wella cheesy

Before I forget ,wetin dem preach give una today and how much you don't loose today again ? grin

FYI: Make women just krule for one corner make men dey run the shows abeg,wetin una want sef? shocked shocked
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 9:38am On Sep 28, 2014
Me? I didn't go. I'm on sentry and record keeping duties today.
Na me dey write names of all those that went and those that didn't go.
Maka judgment day grin

What do women want? How can I speak for every woman?
But what I want is to not be mentioned when niqqas create lamentation threads. grin

oh I'm trolling

Truckpusher: Happy Sunday to you too.
I'm not a pagan sad
My church is in my heart grin
Who table my case before the Lord?.......leave that thing joor baba God dey by my side.In fact we dey yearn wella cheesy

Before I forget ,wetin dem preach give una today and how much you don't loose today again ? grin

FYI: Make women just krule for one corner make men dey run the shows abeg,wetin una want sef? shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 9:45am On Sep 28, 2014
andromida:

You forget the religious aspect many times it has nothing to do with poverty their belief system supports and encourages the practice.

http://www.girlsnotbrides.org/themes/poverty/
http://www.dailynews.co.zw/articles/2014/02/13/poverty-scourge-fuels-child-marriages

By the way, idiiotic religious practices persist in mostly poverty stricken areas.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: Why not take it up with the congress and the govt? They are the ones endorsing laws that feminists push for.
What can I do to help your pain?
congress can keep uploading laws that favor feminism but here in naija, senate aint doing shit! Live with that!
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 9:49am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: Me? I didn't go. I'm on sentry and record keeping duties today.
Maka judgment day grin

But what I want is to not be mentioned when niqqas create lamentation threads. grin

oh I'm trolling

when shokocandy cannot stand a reasonable argument, she writes the above.
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 9:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Oh I live with that everyday. And despite the prejudices,I still find ways to achieve my goals and most of all stay happy as a woman.

But you as a man who doesn't want to hear that equality exists and since the senate isn't doing poo,why are you still crying? cheesy
Why won't you breathe fine and relax?
Why hyperventilate at the mention of feminism?
If you cry so much at what happens in other countries,one wonder what you'll do if it happens here.
Hang?
Na wa.
TribalEAST: congress can keep uploading laws that favor feminism but here in naija, senate aint doing shit! Live with that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: Ok. Since the senate isn't doing poo,why are you still crying? cheesy
Why won't you breathe fine and relax?
Why hyperventilate at the mention of feminism?
If you cry so much at what happens in other countries,one wonder what you'll do if it happens here.
Hang?
Na wa.
we are not the ones hyperventilating and crying, you feminists are when you come across a stiff challenge from men and reasonable women like the OP. Why is it that everytime we debate you, you say we are crying? Everytime we challenge you, you say we have bruised ego? You just want to have a smooth ride without obstacles. Don't you think you guys are lazy? Men achieved all they achieved that made them leaders after facing hurdles and obstacles. Go through thesame instead of waiting for people to hand things over to you without lifting a finger. FYI, feminists(including you) are the ones crying, crying for equal rights, crying for gender equality and all sort of confusion. Stop crying
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 11:33am On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: Me? I didn't go. I'm on sentry and record keeping duties today.
Maka judgment day grin

oh I'm trolling

Sorry I was in a serious prayer of binding and casting ,direct communication with the holy ghost.
Why are these your niggas lamenting?
They should just get a woman,tame her ,kill her with love and watch her worship the ground they walk. grin
On a serious note I don't really give a rat asss abt these plenty ish about feminist ideologies ,every smart guy out there knows that women are the easiest people to control,convince,use and practically make her believe anything you say or want all you need to do is to know your onions and she becomes a potty in your hands - feminist or no feminist. cheesy
Guys need to reaccess themselves and go back to the drawing board and get themselves a 'yes sir' kitty for life. cheesy

Ehe! Back to church wahala.
Did you receive the blessings I've sharing ? tongue
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cherryice(f): 11:41am On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: Sorry I was in a serious prayer of binding and casting ,direct communication with the holy ghost.
They should just get a woman,tame her ,kill her with love and watch her worship the ground they walk. grin
On a serious note I don't really give a rat asss abt these plenty ish about feminist ideologies ,every smart guy out there knows that women are the easiest people to control,convince,use and practically make her believe anything you say or want all you need to do is to know your onions and she becomes a potty in your hands - feminist or no feminist. cheesy
Guys need to reaccess themselves and go back to the drawing board and get themselves a 'yes sir' kitty for life. cheesy

now pause, what makes you think women are the easiest to control? Omg I do not know why men are always like this? Ok I understand women are the most soft being on earth but you should never confuse their submissiveness for been fools. Men tho, u can never please them undecided

More reason am remaining a celibate for life grin

1 Like

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cococandy(f): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2014
I'm still waiting for the blessing o.

Totally agree with you about the 'kill her with love' part.
Any man who tries to get through to me with brute force wastes his time.
The only 'do as I say' juju that works for me is tenderness and loving.

Gra gra won't get us nowhere.
Truckpusher: Sorry I was in a serious prayer of binding and casting ,direct communication with the holy ghost.

Ehe! Back to church wahala.
Did you receive the blessings I've sharing ? tongue
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
cherryice:

now pause, what makes you think women are the easiest to control? Omg I do not know why men are always like this? Ok I understand women are the most soft being on earth but you should never confuse their submissiveness for been fools. Men tho, u can never please them undecided

More reason am remaining a celibate for life grin
C'mon sweetheart! you got me all wrong on this one.
When I said 'control' I was talking about being easy to work with,more humane in nature,accomodating and has no competition with a man that she loves ,unlike when dealing with fellow men that sees you as a threat or one that wants to lord over them.

Real men do not control their women,they simply allow their women to do the physical control while they pull the strings behind tongue ,they simply make them helpless because he seems to have answers to all her questions. grin

You know that awkward moment when a woman depends on you emotionally and in everything ,then you begin to see yourself as her champion that can't afford fail her?..........Unfortunately not every woman has the talent to make their man remain a terror in the eyes of other men but a dove to her and only her. cheesy

Real men do not bark out orders at their women ,they simply tell her what to do and she does it because it is the right thing grin
And finally every woman wants to be loved and for me this isn't too much to ask for .Why not kill her with love and own her for life instead trying to be in control through force.......I'm telling you today ,once a woman feel loved she will never demand for any form of equality - mark my words. cheesy

Abeg do not remain celibate, konji is more wicked than the worst man on earth...........Konji can make you end up in bed with a truckpusher or your driver.....Lmao
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 12:18pm On Sep 28, 2014
cococandy: I'm still waiting for the blessing o.

Totally agree with you about the 'kill her with love' part.
Any man who tries to get through to me with brute force wastes his time.
The only 'do as I say' juju that works for me is tenderness and loving.

Gra gra won't get us nowhere.
Your blessing is on the way,just pray harder grin

Honestly ,some people not just women deserve some brute force to remain in line cheesy

I don't want you to confuse this with men that has chauvinistic tendencies. grin

Make I go check wether angel Gab. dun come back from Obodo Oyibo with your baggage of blessings cheesy
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cherryice(f): 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: C'mon sweetheart! you got me all wrong on this one.
When I said 'control' I was talking about being easy to work with,more humane in nature,accomodating and has no competition with a man that she loves ,unlike when dealing with fellow men that sees you as a threat or one that wants to lord over them.

Real men do not control their women,they simply allow their women to do the physical control while they pull the strings behind tongue ,they simply make them helpless because he seems to have answers to all her questions. grin

You know that awkward moment when a woman depends on you emotionally and in everything ,then you begin to see yourself as her champion that can't afford fail her?..........Unfortunately not every woman has the talent to make their man remain a terror in the eyes of other men but a dove to her and only her. cheesy

Real men do not bark out orders at their women ,they simply tell her what to do and she does it because it is the right thing grin
And finally every woman wants to be loved and for me this isn't too much to ask for .Why not kill her with love and own her for life instead trying to be in control through force.......I'm telling you today ,once a woman feel loved she will never demand for any form of equality - mark my words. cheesy

Abeg do not remain celibate, konji is more wicked than the worst man on earth...........Konji can make you end up in bed with a truckpusher or your driver.....Lmao

*yimu* undecided

team celibacy grin men are wicked. Even my father cheesy
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 12:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
cherryice:

*yimu* undecided

team celibacy grin men are wicked. Even my father cheesy
What's the yimu for na?

Make your papa hear am first cheesy

How long can you hold on? stop lying joor.

Every woman wants to be pounded silly cheesy

1 Like

Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by cherryice(f): 12:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Truckpusher: What's the yimu for na?

Make your papa hear am first cheesy

How long can you hold on? stop lying joor.

Every woman wants to be pounded silly cheesy

For as long as eternity takes. Sexx and men aint everything. cheesy
Re: An open letter to Emma Watson and all feminists by Truckpusher(m): 12:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Starlite101 you better say something and stop lurking around like a virus tongue

Help me explain to cherryice that being celibate is an injustice to mankind.grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Your Wife Delivers An Abnormal Child What'll Be Your Action? / Kim Kardashian Slams Woman For Breastfeeding In Public / Cooking Competition?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.