Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,638 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie (37964 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / People Like Nnamdi Kanu And Sambo Dasuki Do Not Deserve Bail – Buhari / Jonathan Does Not Deserve Hero Status- Sylvia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ubenedictus(m): 10:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
keypad1: if buhari or atiku or kwankwaso wins the presidential election next year then the islamization of nigeria will come immediately.

Muslims cleric doesnt talk down their fellow leaders like this. They have agenda. But christians cleric, na to open mouth wide and talk rubbish.

When another sects of islamists emerge, then our eyes will be clearer.

I no dey hide my own. It was buhari that said muslims should vote muslims and christians should vote christians.

Christians be warn.

this is the us vs them mentality that ensures Nigeria will never move forward.

Can you drop your christian-muslim, northerner-southerner sterotype long enough to consider thing objectively?

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by bigdoo: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Who deserves it?
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 10:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
olaeffect: That is how the devil likes them; intelligent, wise, well spoken but spiritually powerless.

As long as you are not casting out demons and healing the sick the devil has no reason to mess with you.

A Christian clergy made so long a statement without a single quote from the Bible but Shakespeare.

Who am u to judge?

1 Corinthians 4:20

Better than those idiots who have read no book other than the bible in their entire life. This way, the Cardinal can reach more than those in his denomination. It also shows he's knowledgeable. He's seen it all (at least the ones that matter).

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by IYANGBALI: 10:29pm On Sep 27, 2014
9iceboi: By sahararepoters.. Mtcheeew..
forget about sahara reporters focus on the issues raised

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by IYANGBALI: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Keneeby: This man is APC suporter. He is nt speaking like a man of God. He has join opposition party. He is a politician. He is there condeming Oritsajefor claiming to be 'thou holy'.
your likes just hate being told the truth. Orisajefo is a thief,gba be

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by emmatok(m): 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
shift15: The cardinal was the President of CAN for 8 years. What was he doing as CAN head when there is no church in the North that has C of O for their land? What did he do when El-Rufai revoked allocation of Catholic church in Central Area, Abuja for no just cause? What did he do when the government was using Nigeria resources to build National Mosque while Ecumerical Centre was lying waste? It took the effort of Rochas Okorocha and Obasanjo under Bishop Sunday Mbang as CAN president to build the National church, what was his role in the 8 years of CAN President? It took Sunday Mbang to stop lopsidedness in Pilgrim sponsorship in Nigeria, what role did he play? It is on record that no single church in Abuja has C of O for their church building until recently, what role did he play throughout his boastful good 8 years as CAN president?
Cardinal Okogie should not bore us with his rhetoric of failure of CAN, they (leaders of Catholic) have already pull out of CAN and CAN is still standing.

You need a lesson in history here, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, was an activists clergy, this man gave IBB and Abacha tough time.
Pastor Ayo on the other hand is the first CAN leader eating,sleeping, and drinking in ASO rock,

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by keypad1: 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

this is the us vs them mentality that ensures Nigeria will never move forward.

Can you drop your christian-muslim, northerner-southerner sterotype long enough to consider thing objectively?
if you can go to the deep northern community and know things about other tribes or religion and their stance on it. If you can do that and get feedbacks from them. Weigh it then return back to me to drop down my statement above. And i will do it.

Unless u r a core northern trying to play that game of deceit, which will never work here.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ghost01: Better than those idiots who have read no book other than the bible in their entire life. This way, the Cardinal can reach more than those in his denomination. It also shows he's knowledgeable. He's seen it all (at least the ones that matter).

Better for the devil and his followers. Thank God some of the so called idiots you may be referring to are PHD holder and even lecturers before they were called by God.

May be that is why they stick to the Bible and they don't go about quoting Shakespeare grin

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lordlexyy: 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
keypad1: if buhari or atiku or kwankwaso wins the presidential election next year then the islamization of nigeria will come immediately.

Muslims cleric doesnt talk down their fellow leaders like this. They have agenda. But christians cleric, na to open mouth wide and talk rubbish.

I no dey hide my own. It was buhari that said muslims should vote muslims and christians should vote christians.

Christians be warn.
Don't be blind with religious bigotry. Who is talking about islamization? The retired bishop has just spoken the truth. There is no area of national and religious importance he didn't touch. It is left for us the populace to decide whether we want an islamist, thieves, weak and corrupt people to govern us. He didn't spare anyone. The very truth we have itching to hear was what the Bishop delivered. So please, don't promote any religious war here. The best candidate irrespective of his party, tribe or religion is who we must gear to vote for. This message obviously call for a review of our value as a nation and should serve as a point of unification, to close rank, put aside partisanship and chart a course that we've all dreamt of. Anyone who object to this truthful saying must be marked a saboteur and a terrorist.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
plendil:

empty.

full grin
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Nobody: 10:50pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sent the link to a frnd and he said its not opening again, tried opening it myself and it's saying error. Guess GEJites have done something to that story.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by KARRATA: 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Not in support.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by iamtheprincipal: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2014

Christians be warn.

What does Christianity mean to you, because I can't find any of its semblance in the present govt.?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by iamtheprincipal: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lordlexyy: Don't be blind with religious bigotry. Who is talking about islamization? The retired bishop has just spoken the truth. There is no area of national and religious importance he didn't touch. It is left for us the populace to decide whether we want an islamist, thieves, weak and corrupt people to govern us. He didn't spare anyone. The very truth we have itching to hear was what the Bishop delivered. So please, don't promote any religious war here. The best candidate irrespective of his party, tribe or religion is who we must gear to vote for. This message obviously call for a review of our value as a nation and should serve as a point of unification, to close rank, put aside partisanship and chart a course that we've all dreamt of. Anyone who object to this truthful saying must be marked a saboteur and a terrorist.

SECONDED!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by CharliParker: 11:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Well said, exactly what is happening, another man of God like TB Joshua, so Orijiole have been conneiving with GEJ
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 11:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
olaeffect:

Better for the devil and his followers. Thank God some of the so called idiots you may be referring to are PHD holder and even lecturers before they were called by God.

May be that is why they stick to the Bible and they don't go about quoting Shakespeare grin

Have you been to our schools before? U think say na everybody wey dey lecture sabi wetin real life be? In fact I can tell you that most, if not ALL, of those you have in mind went into pastoring/phopheteering/Daddy-G-Oing because their God is "a rich God."

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by bluespectra(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
What a brave and factual words from the cardinal how i wish our socalled GOs and MOGs are doing the same, obodo naija would have been a better hamlet for all of us.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 11:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Amusaopeyemi: Sent the link to a frnd and he said its not opening again, tried opening it myself and it's saying error. Guess GEJites have done something to that story.
http:///GEJdoesnotdeserveasecondterm
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lordlexyy: 11:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
shift15: The cardinal was the President of CAN for 8 years. What was he doing as CAN head when there is no church in the North that has C of O for their land? What did he do when El-Rufai revoked allocation of Catholic church in Central Area, Abuja for no just cause? What did he do when the government was using Nigeria resources to build National Mosque while Ecumerical Centre was lying waste? It took the effort of Rochas Okorocha and Obasanjo under Bishop Sunday Mbang as CAN president to build the National church, what was his role in the 8 years of CAN President? It took Sunday Mbang to stop lopsidedness in Pilgrim sponsorship in Nigeria, what role did he play? It is on record that no single church in Abuja has C of O for their church building until recently, what role did he play throughout his boastful good 8 years as CAN president?
Cardinal Okogie should not bore us with his rhetoric of failure of CAN, they (leaders of Catholic) have already pull out of CAN and CAN is still standing.
When we cross the brige to his leadership role, we would talk about it. Now, we are talking politics and the failure of leadership occassioned by multiple corruption cases and poor handling of national affairs as regard security and general development. What's your take on that?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 11:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 11:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ghost01: Have you been to our schools before? U think say na everybody wey dey lecture sabi wetin real life be? In fact I can tell you that most, if not ALL, of those you have in mind went into pastoring/phopheteering/Daddy-G-Oing because their God is "a rich God."

One thing that makes Christianity Christianity is the supernatural and the miraculous, take this away and Christianity will be like any other religion.

If you want a scholastic, powerless, and the long lost poor-church-rat Christianity, you can still have it. But I have checked the bible, that kind is not found there.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (please look it up)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by shift15(m): 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Lordlexyy: When we get to his leadership role we would talk about it. Now, we are talking politics and the failure of leadership occassioned by multiple corruption cases and poor handling of national affairs as regard security and general development. What's your take on that?

It is the leadership role of the likes of the Cardinal that brought us thus far. Many Christians from the North are applauding Oritsejafor for standing up for them. Majority of the churches in the North are just getting building approval and C of O because of his stand for Christians in Nigeria. BTW how many times have you seen anyone moslem speak against Sultan? Are you not aware that the Sultan is also an ally of GEJ and he flies private jet too?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Nobody: 11:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
highmood: I see pain some where, but I am trying to fathom if it is against GEJ, CAN president or the state of the nation. With all due respect Cardinal, you said you are not a prophet so I guess its a personal thought and feelings according to you. GEJ never said he is negotiating with terrorist but if it will secure the release of the girls I believe he would be ready or would you want the girls to die in Sambisa? It was in the watchful eyes of CAN when Cardinal was in active service and during babangida regime that our nation was mortgage to OIC yet some Catholics were there and found nothing wrong with it; today there negligence is costing the Christian communities in the northeast so many lives and properties and even threatening our nation. If you saw the handwriting on the wall abt oritshajafor and yet nothing was done about it, who is then to be blame? Some priests in the south and christians are selfish, how many of them have been to those troubled north to show sympathy to those Christians and others to boost thier belief in Christianity. If the president failed to have done so, why not some priest in the Christendom after all Christ and some whites sacrificed thier lives for us. The cardinal made personal feelings known but no solution. But the last time I checked, God do not reveal everything to all man of God. compared to the previous administrations, GEJ has been better off even in the face of killings and propaganda caused by the passage of FOI bills though I don't expect everyone including priest to agree to it. Orisajafor is not the only one with jet, mind me I am not holding brief for him but the bible says correct in love. Is the cardinal telling me backing out of CAN is the solution to the failure of CAN or the country at large? If Goodluck is not the right person who then; Is it Atiku or Buhari? This country started decaying in the watchful eyes of the previous administrations, yet the cardinal never sighted instances were he advised the president at that time or does he expect this president to turn the decays in four years; was Rome built in four years? Even if the elections has not been 100% better, can the previous elections be compared to the once we are having now? Cardinal flies and drives in federal roads, what is the state of our fed airport and roads compared to OBJ administration? The schools have received more money from this govt than any previous administration, what has the cardinal has to say? Our agriculture is receiving a boost with silos, and rice mills built what has the cardinal has to say. For corruption, I cannot hold brief for the president because I don't know much about that but there could be a better way of siphoning money, if the president had wanted to, not even with oritshajafors jet. He could have done so with his private jet and in his trips.for the killings in the north, if we fold our hands to think that God will descend to fight for us, then we should go and ask the Israelis while they are still fighting to defend themselves; We need to speak and defend ourselves. Personally I don't take all what some priests say seriously, they have personal feelings, shortcomings like everyone else so I am not surprise at his comments. Except he is a pessimist, I expect the the cardinal to point out some progress of this administration to balance the negative statement he had made. He should tell us what the federal and other govt including the states and local government who receives allocations too should be doing in order to move the country forward nit just to paint the fed. govt black while they all have failed. No one is perfect, in one way (God forgive me) priests have aided corruption in this country else when a man comes to pay tithe, make billions of donations, and offerings and you as a priest never asked how he got the money or you as a priest failed to received money from those who made I'll gotten wealth then you are or once part of it. Catholic church use to be in the forefront of humanitarian service but where is the free medical service, where is the free sch etc. Let change our value system for better to move this country forward. God forgive me if I have spoken against the priest some how but it is my candid view.
blah blah blah! cry me a river!!!

GEJ till 2100... grin

...in kirikiri prison!! angry angry grin

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ghost01(m): 11:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
olaeffect:

One thing that makes Christianity Christianity is the supernatural and the miraculous, take this away and Christianity will be like any other religion.

If you want a scholastic, powerless, and the long lost poor-church-rat Christianity, you can still have it. But I have checked the bible, that kind is not found there.

1 Corinthians 4:20 (please look it up)
Mind you, for more than a thousand years, the Catholics were the sole custodian of xtianity. There was no SCOAN to cure HIV or Christ Embassy to visualise a walking Jesus then, yet xtianity didn't perish. The Catholics admittedly committed many unspeakable atrocities though -- the result of the fusion of religion and state.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lordlexyy: 11:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
keypad1: if you can go to the deep northern community and know things about other tribes or religion and their stance on it. If you can do that and get feedbacks from them. Weigh it then return back to me to drop down my statement above. And i will do it.

Unless u r a core northern trying to play that game of deceit, which will never work here.
Does it really matter what northerners think or plan? My concern is that we drop this religious fanatism and focus on what matter the most, which is identifying the right candidate whom the cap fit. Surely, not all northerners have evil agenda against our statehood, and even if they do, they can't out run the power of our collectiveness, standing on one purpose and ideology, which is the mentality of a detribilise and performing gov't. Don't forget also that the north comprises of not just the hausa muslim but also large tribal Christians.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lordlexyy: 11:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
keypad1: if you can go to the deep northern community and know things about other tribes or religion and their stance on it. If you can do that and get feedbacks from them. Weigh it then return back to me to drop down my statement above. And i will do it.

Does it really matter what northerners think or plan? My concern is that we drop this religious fanatism and focus on what matter the most, which is identifying the right candidate whom the cap fit. Surely, not all northerners have evil agenda against our statehood, and even if they do, they can't out run the power of our collectiveness, standing on one purpose and ideology, which is the mentality of a detribilise and performing gov't. Don't forget also that the north comprises of not just the hausa muslim but also large tribal Christians. So don't fret about the north.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Dmacaw: 11:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
emmatok:

You need a lesson in history here, Anthony Cardinal Olubunmi Okogie, was an activists clergy, this man gave IBB and Abacha tough time.
Pastor Ayo on the other hand is the first CAN leader eating,sleeping, and drinking in ASO rock,

it's you that needs a lesson in History even the expired cardinal confirmed himself it was under his leadership as CAN President that Nigeria was registered as an OIC state and he couldn't do anything about it, he gave IBB/ Abacha tough time in what way? And corruption and breach of human rights rained supreme during those administration. the current CAN President has recorded greater success than previous president under his leadership he stopped the introduction of Islamic banking, he stood against establishment of grazing reserves across Nigeria for Fulani herdsmen, the cardinal was dumb during the early days of Boko Haram when Oritsejafor was drawing the worlds attention to it, The cardinal is not political but has long before now asked GEJ not to contest in 2015 but sees everything bad in Oritsejafor supporting the president, Even if GEJ is a bad leader if he has good support from people he would be compelled to do the right thing.... The cardinal has done more harm than good with this acerbic attack on the current CAN Leadership he is trying to pull down the house he claimed he helped to set up, why is he bringing up perspnal issues of jet and University? this is jealousy. what happened to fair hearing what true report do we all have to indict Oritsejafor in this arm deal/laundering scandal? aside a leased aircraft to a company chattered for transportation or since when has been friends with the president become a crime in Nigeria? Posterity will judge all men for our actions and inactions today it's Okogie if he took his stand in the 80's maybe we won't have had Boko Haram today.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Ubenedictus(m): 11:39pm On Sep 27, 2014

sorry dear,

i don't fall into your sterotype.

You need to stop your tribalism and religious fanatism, us vs them mentality will only put Nigeria in more trouble.

If leaders mess up, they should be called to order irrespective of their tribes or religion, whether or not they are southerner or Christian.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by olaeffect(m): 11:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ghost01: Mind you, for more than a thousand years, the Catholics were the sole custodian of xtianity. There was no SCOAN to cure HIV or Christ Embassy to visualise a walking Jesus then, yet xtianity didn't perish. The Catholics admittedly committed many unspeakable atrocities though -- the result of the fusion of religion and state.

I don't know about xtianity ( as at the last time I checked" x" is unknown), Christianity was existing before the Roman Catholic church. But please don't let's go into that.

I am a Christian 1st and foremost. I am not a follower of any Church or denomination but a follower of Christ. I however have a church i fellowship with.

Real Christianity would have perished if not for the few that still choose to follow Christ in his fullness of power, miracle, and Majesty.
Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by Lordlexyy: 11:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
shift15:

It is the leadership role of the likes of the Cardinal that brought us thus far. Many Christians from the North are applauding Oritsejafor for standing up for them. Majority of the churches in the North are just getting building approval and C of O because of his stand for Christians in Nigeria. BTW how many times have you seen anyone moslem speak against Sultan? Are you not aware that the Sultan is also an ally of GEJ and he flies private jet too?
I agree with you on the role Papa Ayo has played so far regarding the voice and attention he has drawn to the plight of Christians most especially in the north, something all Catholic bishop played lips service and politics with. That, i don't agree with the Cardinal on the personal attack on Papa Ayo. But on politics with respect to leadership quality, corruption and the general governance, you will agree with me that man has shed some truth in it. My joy is that, he didn't exonerate anyone so that he would not be accused of siding one part of the divide. He appears angry which every man who has been around this long like him should, with the general impunity, corruption, lack of appreciable development, mediocrity and what are few. He just dish out the truth like it should. I think any well meaning Nigerian ordinary shouldn't pick offence except he is directly or other wise benefitting from the gov't wastage with very minute to show for it. Ordinary, i think we should evaluate the political relevance of his comments and inspect it under the microscop of our reasoning and see if it align with the harsh reality on ground. Don't forget that this man has seen it all and wouldn't be saying all this for any reason other than for a genuine concern for the survival and stability of our nationhood.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie by xtianh(m): 11:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
A true man of God can nva b fearful, my cardinal i wl nva forget ur sayng *may God not punish us accordng to our sins.*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Burial Of IPOB Member Killed In Abia During Military Invasion (Photos) / The Fallen Statue Of Justice Has Been Restored (pictures) / Lamido Cries Out From Prison: I’m Being Persecuted Over 2019 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.