Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (23850 Views)

‘Ambode Has Reduced Poverty’ / Nigerian Government Cuts Electricity Tariff By 50% / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
gratieao:
http://www.punchng.com/news/weve-reduced-poverty-by-50-jonathan/

The president's rating might not be far from the reality. Whether 50% or less, the most important thing is the fact that Nigeria has moved forward from its poverty level some years back. One mistake almost everybody on this thread seems to be making is thinking that the govt is responsible for bringing food to the table of all citizens. No govt, I repeat, no govt can single handedly eradicate poverty from the land! If this is not so, why do they have homeless people in the US? Why do they have street beggars whistling for arms on the street of New York? The best any govt can do to minimise poverty is to create the enabling environment for the citizens to be self engaged and self sufficient and GEJ is truly working towards that. In Nigeria, with massive investment in Electricity sector, it's just a matter of time before artisans, manufacturers and other corporate bodies begin to operate at optimal levels. In the area of agriculture, this administration has indeed reduced poverty level through agric subsidies and loans to rural farmers. All these and many more may have informed the President's assertion. But most importantly, we must remove the toga of believing that governments all over the world have all it takes to eradicate poverty. It's impossible till the end of ages.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by pencil143(m): 10:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
oga jona is confused. no be him fault abegoga jona is confused. no be him fault abegoga jona is confused. no be him fault abeg

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Lordfranklin(m): 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
pelvicky: Our president is working.,but its unfortunate haters won't see it.

Gej till 2050
point of correction,your president and not our president!

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
arcis: The acquisition of private planes in Nigeria since civil rule began
with General Olusegun Obasanjo as President in 1999 has been unprecedented.

Over 130 new private planes were acquired since 2007

at an average cost of $50 million per plane”.

“Between March 2010 and March 2011, in just one year,

Nigerians privately spent $225 million on private jets.
But while a few dozen Nigerians are spending millions of dollars apiece
for private jets, the poverty level in Nigeria is on the rise; with almost 100 million Nigerians,

out of a total population of 170 million, living on less than one dollar a day.”

…….…..Forbes Magazine
The above is the economic reality of Nigeria. This gej guy can lie eh.He lied about having no shoes.He lied about fuel subsidy.Kerosine is now costlier than petrol. What concerns him with that;Pdp members steal money to buy gas.He lied about Henry Okah.He lied about bh sponsors. He lied about one term agreement. Now he lies against suffering Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
pencil143: mind ur words. oga jona is ur presido wede u like it or not
Are you disowning him? No one likes a liar.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
OLADD:

The president's rating might not be far from the reality. Whether 50% or less, the most important thing is the fact that Nigeria has moved forward from its poverty level some years back. One mistake almost everybody on this thread seems to be making is thinking that the govt is responsible for bringing food to the table of all citizens. No govt, I repeat, no govt can single handedly eradicate poverty from the land! If this is not so, why do they have homeless people in the US? Why do they have street beggars whistling for arms on the street of New York? The best any govt can do to minimise poverty is to create the enabling environment for the citizens to be self engaged and self sufficient and GEJ is truly working towards that. In Nigeria, with massive investment in Electricity sector, it's just a matter of time before artisans, manufacturers and other corporate bodies begin to operate at optimal levels. In the area of agriculture, this administration has indeed reduced poverty level through agric subsidies and loans to rural farmers. All these and many more may have informed the President's assertion. But most importantly, we must remove the toga of believing that governments all over the world have all it takes to eradicate poverty. It's impossible till the end of ages.
If your supposed accurate "performing" president can knowingly accurately misrepresent info to score cheap points,it shows the man we've known he is. A great lack of integrity, a corrupt supporterof corrupt people who presupposes that the crumbs from their/his table fall to the poor masses. Poverty is in fact increasing by 99% as his pdp steal and wreck the country since 1999.Does who are involved always believe it's getting to everyone.A massive investment in electricity that has failed to trickle down since Obj.This is failed economics.The investment monies go to politicians not the 100 million struggling Nigerian poor masses. You'll not agree with me the monies follow the wind abroad. Not all are ignorant as you. Remember the 25million youths who had to pay to get employment with the deadly nis?They are Nigerians too,they still lack jobs. So where is the minimal poverty reduction?Jonathan has only reduced his own poverty by 50%.As you said, Nigerians are resourceful, they do survive. Survive.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by focus7: 10:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
But have increased corruptions by 200%.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by sunnx(f): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
But oga Jona the 50% is not reflecting on Nigerian cos the "Have not" is yet to balance their stomach with 3 square meal a day. I think maybe their is contraction in the figure u posist due to the crowd you met @the rally ground. Oga GEJ am one of your strong follower but this your stactistic is absolutely dissatisfying to me cos i can still see bogus suffering among my Nigerians. God dey!

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by guttentag(m): 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2014
Goddex:

Why?
The statistics are there - World Bank, IMF etc
It doesn't mean that everybody is now rich but poverty has definitely reduced

I am not sure Ewu like u is in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by saudatu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
lonelydora: What? Oga Jona, I have been your supporter for sometime now, but I no follow you for this kind talk. I know you are working in some areas but not yet on poverty. 50% or 5% you mean? Please don't make me switch sides.

Oga Jona, there is Godu in everything you are saying

Guy, you funny die .......... lolll
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Bunchersstab(m): 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
undecided
chucky234: GEJ and TAN lying to Nigerians since 1960....
What a skilled crafty liar.
They are like Nigerian police who claim "We serve and protect with integrity" also "The police is ur frnd,assist ur frnd to serve u better" undecided

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
i can't believe this is the guy i'm about to vote for *face palm & smh*

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by tit(f): 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Only poverty Nigerians are complaining in this thread.
My people make una lef them before they infect you with eBola and poverty.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by jigga40(m): 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
White lie!!! shocked
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by garrimallam: 10:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
My president may nt have lied cos :
1.Frankly speaking nobody knows d actual popuation of dis nation, nt NPC talkless of INEC or president.
2.Mr president must have asumed dt with amount of dollars. Realised frm crude sale and d amt allocated to states,there is no how 1/2 of d population could remain poor.
3.Even frm d above assumption, a nation as wealthy as Nigeria with dt percentage is steal in a big trouble unless otherwise.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by skyfall: 10:43pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nigerians, the ball is in your court.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by plaetton: 10:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
I think what he meant is that he reduced the poverty rate of politicians, kidnappers and political jobbers by 50%.

We , the people, are still waiting.

angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by AwesomeRomeo: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
Jonathan......

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by chucky234(m): 10:47pm On Sep 27, 2014
Bunchersstab: undecided They are like Nigerian police who claim "We serve and protect with integrity" also "The police is ur frnd,assist ur frnd to serve u better" undecided
lol
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
tit: Only poverty Nigerians are complaining in this thread.
My people make una lef them before they infect you with eBola and poverty.
You're right. "Poverty Nigerians".There are about 150million of them, struggling to survive every day.Thank you for accepting your president lies a lot. So there's still "poverty nigerians".Jonathan was clearly putting his glaring lack of integrity on display. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
SONONVABITCH Bloody liar

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
garrimallam: My president may nt have lied cos :
1.Frankly speaking nobody knows d actual popuation of dis nation, nt NPC talkless of INEC or president.
2.Mr president must have asumed dt with amount of dollars. Realised frm crude sale and d amt allocated to states,there is no how 1/2 of d population could remain poor.
3.Even frm d above assumption, a nation as wealthy as Nigeria with dt percentage is steal in a big trouble unless otherwise.
Have you considered the percentage laundered and stolen by them and their friends. #9.3m in SA for instance. You're helping your president to aggravate the lies and the anger against his lies.Stop quoting lies,some of us are not that ignorant.

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by atlwireles: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2014
The president never said he reduced poverty by 50%. He said the administration was recognised by FAO for a 50% reduction in extreme hunger.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Lusayo(m): 10:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sorry to say Mr. President, but this is not correct.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by olanshi: 10:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Story for the gods!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 10:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
pascyj: If your supposed accurate "performing" president can knowingly accurately misrepresent info to score cheap points,it shows the man we've known he is. A great lack of integrity, a corrupt supporterof corrupt people who presupposes that the crumbs from their/his table fall to the poor masses. Poverty is in fact increasing by 99% as his pdp steal and wreck the country since 1999.Does who are involved always believe it's getting to everyone.A massive investment in electricity that has failed to trickle down since Obj.This is failed economics.The investment monies go to politicians not the 100 million struggling Nigerian poor masses. You'll not agree with me the monies follow the wind abroad. Not all are ignorant as you.
[color=#006600][/color]

I am not ignorant my friend. It's just that I refuse to team up with hardened critics who never see a ray of improvement in almost every strata of our society. What are the impetus for poverty reduction? Good roads, improved electricity, functional rail system. modern irrigation for agric production and favourable economic policies-all these are not in dearth in this administration. Now to corruption. Do you know one thing? Many of us are so delusional believing that corruption is only prevalent in government circles . My friend, corruption is in every fabric of any Nigerian family! That's the painful truth. I have worked as an external auditor and I can confirm to you that Nigeria is a haven for corruption both in the private and public sectors. The problem is our penchant for pointing accusing fingers at politicians without doing a self appraisal of our atrocious activities in places of work and worship centres. You might not agree with me, virtually all Nigerians are corrupt.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 10:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
atlwireles: The president never said he reduced poverty by 50%. He said the administration was recognised by FAO for a 50% reduction in extreme hunger.
So there's extreme hunger in Nigeria, Pdp can kill.#smh.Since 1999.He has finally reduced it by 50%.Tell poor extreme hunger-beaten Nigerians other lies.Believing you since forever.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by garrimallam: 10:58pm On Sep 27, 2014
U may be right indeed. He knws they are stealing including himself.
Let continue to pray anybody dt took what belong to all must pay back in folds (KARMA)

pascyj: Have you considered the percentage laundered and stolen by them and their friends. #9.3m in SA for instance.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 11:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
OLADD: [color=#006600][/color]

I am not ignorant my friend. It's just that I refuse to team up with hardened critics who never see a ray of improvement in almost every strata of our society. What are the impetus for poverty reduction? Good roads, improved electricity, functional rail system. modern irrigation for agric production and favourable economic policies-all these are not in dearth in this administration. Now to corruption. Do you know one thing? Many of us are so delusional believing that corruption is only prevalent in government circles . My friend, corruption is in every fabric of any Nigerian family! That's the painful truth. I have worked as an external auditor and I can confirm to you that Nigeria is a haven for corruption both in the private and public sectors. The problem is our penchant for pointing accusing fingers at politicians without doing a self appraisal of our atrocious activities in places of work and worship centres. You might not agree with me, virtually all Nigerians are corrupt.
I agree they finally did Benin-Ofosu road. Took 15years. At that rate, they'll get the road to Lagos by 2100.That's all.Keep clapping. Focus on the lies.Jonathan/Pdp has increased poverty and destroyed the politicosocioeconomic life of Nigerians.The truth,that's it.The corruption in government determine the corruption in other spheres. It's simple sociology. If your father is thief,you'll most likely be a thief because you take after him,because he cannot morally or legally caution you. And the corruption in gej's time is oozing even from his mien.

5 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Yustash001(m): 11:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Make hin go tell dat to his village people...politicians deceivin us since 1800

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Boko Haram Attacks Maiduguri / Buhari Meets Obasanjo, Jonathan, Others Over Insecurity Today / Nigerian Embassies In USA And China Have Not Updated Their Websites in Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.