Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (23853 Views)

‘Ambode Has Reduced Poverty’ / Nigerian Government Cuts Electricity Tariff By 50% / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OneNaira6: 11:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Uhh GEJ which statistics did you use to come up with this figure?
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by franxalive(m): 11:52am On Sep 28, 2014
chaaiii...chaiii...dis is grossly unfair... am so xo pained by diz colosal lies...pdp administration na God go pay una back 4 raping n loothing nigerianz dry!!!...diaris God !
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by aby1976(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2014
The president are we fools? Na wa oo. Even if u ve said it increased by 50% I wouldn't have taken it because I believed it's increased by 150%. Come out of the Aso rock. Go to states. Check under their bridges u will see nigerians living there. Even Garri and groundnut that people were living on b4 how many of us can aford it again? Don't worry u will win in 2015 as some fools are ready to return u. But I have one revelation for them 'nigerians will suffer more'. I know u will still take the fuel price to N150 under d guise of surep.prices of things will shoot up. Chai. I pray u don't get relected Mr. president. Amnt a party man. I don't care if it's pdp that will bring a president that will adress our suffering. Just know that there is God oo. I rest my case

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 11:59am On Sep 28, 2014
Justcash: GEJ may have exaggerated, but we need to ask ourselves some very important questions before burying him for this statement;

What was the poverty rate before GEJ's tenure?

What is the current poverty rate under GEJ?

Is the poverty situation of Nigeria better or worse?

If it is better, then GEJ has performed better than his predecessors.

If it is worse, then GEJ deserves to be voted out!

FROM EXISTING ECONOMIC INDICATORS FROM IMF, WORLD BANK and NBS, poverty is declining slowly but steadily since GEJ took over.

IF GEJ MUST BE REPLACED, SOMEONE THAT CAN PERFORM BETTER MUST BE PRESENTED.

TINUBU, ATIKU AND BUHARI are clear NOs FOR ME.
[color=#000099][/color]

Unreservedly seconded.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Elbarca89: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
when he first came he said ' i am one of you, i have no shoes'. At least he is right, he has reduced his poverty by 50% because he now has shoes. Hahaha

expect more looting!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 12:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
gidjah: FROM AREAS like asokoro,maitama,and wuse of course,if u happen to reside in one this areas u will not want to believe that there is poverty in d land
[color=#006600][/color]

That's incorrect. Those living in those areas had at one time lived in rural settings. National surveys are nationwide.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
declaro:

I'm not a friend of any politician at all, but he tried on the Agricultural low interest rates for farmers. I really love that much more than given low interest rates for traders that will only use the money to import finished products into the country instead of going into productions that will create more jobs and increase our economy. Agricultural sector is what will develop the forgotten ruler areas and extinguish hunger in Nigeria. It is very important for the youths to create jobs for themselves from this forgotten and untapped sector. Farming is good for graduates and undergraduates. I want to see Nigerians exporting made in Nigeria foods and agricultural products. Europeans have may phd holders in farming and one can become extremely rich from farming.

WE SHOULD ALSO THINK OF WHAT WE CAN DO FOR OUR COUNTRY NOT ALWAYS WHAT NIGERIA WILL DO FOR US. THIS IS WHILE THE WESTERN COUNTRY SEEMS TO BE BETTER THAN US, WE ALWAYS WAIT TO BE SPOON FEED INSTEAD OF FEEDING OTHERS.
[color=#006600][/color]

May your days be long in peace and truth.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by sirzango(m): 12:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Goddex:

Why?
The statistics are there - World Bank, IMF etc
It doesn't mean that everybody is now rich but poverty has definitely reduced
Forget about this world bank or IMF or any written statistics, just look around you and see if people around you are not getting poorer...
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OLADD: 12:40pm On Sep 28, 2014
aby1976: The president are we fools? Na wa oo. Even if u ve said it increased by 50% I wouldn't have taken it because I believed it's increased by 150%. Come out of the Aso rock. Go to states. Check under their bridges u will see nigerians living there. Even Garri and groundnut that people were living on b4 how many of us can aford it again? Don't worry u will win in 2015 as some fools are ready to return u. But I have one revelation for them 'nigerians will suffer more'. I know u will still take the fuel price to N150 under d guise of surep.prices of things will shoot up. Chai. I pray u don't get relected Mr. president. Amnt a party man. I don't care if it's pdp that will bring a president that will adress our suffering. Just know that there is God oo. I rest my case
[color=#006600][/color]

Are you attributing those menaces to GEJ and his government? You must be an unfair citizen. Were people not living under the bridge before the reintroduction of democracy in 1999? Was there no corruption in Nigeria before GEJ became president? Unfortunately, those problems will be there until the end of this world. It's not a curse but stark reality. In Nigeria, people can afford to spend N2,000 at a go on beers, lavish the little they have on Aso Ebi and naming ceremonies. But when it comes to assigning a small portion of their income on establishing small trades, it becomes a taboo. We know ourselves in this country. We are a people who don't want to contribute to nation's wealth but constantly expect the nation to spoon feed us! Citizens waiting for GEJ or any other leader to eradicate poverty in Nigeria are on a long thing.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by 9JAgosurvive: 12:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
This is what your president who you want to rule form 2015 to 2019 is saying to you already.....

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Toble: 12:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
He has reduced poverty because he now has shoes...
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Seun4Christ(m): 1:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
gratieao: It’s now official, this otueke man is a comedian!
I wonder where he got his statistics from.
'I was actually about to ask our shoeless and clueless president that same Question'
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by olaeffect(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
BlackTechnology: Jonathan I no support you for this one you talk oooooo

Poverty can only reduce when people create businesses that employs people.

Businesses that create jobs can only come into existence when people

1) See it as part of their civic responsibility

2) Are willingly to give out long term low interest rate loans to small medium and large scale businesses

3) Are willingly to go into business partnership directly or indirectly

In all these, the FG has failed to massively educate Nigerians to apply these 3 understanding and lots more

How many Nigerians earning at least 50 000 naira monthly are saving with the intention of going into part time business or lending long term low interest loans to businesses after 10yrs of savings.

In the thread " 7 things about Switzerland you don't know, the OP made us realise that some things were not automated in order to create jobs for book keepers because the swiss believe in low unemployment."

GEJ in this area I will score you 10%

And you think this can work where there is no basic infrastructure like electricity.
If you only know that the telecoms companies in Nigeria spend more on diesel and generator than what the pay staff.

Why can't our government give us power? PDP, APC, GEJ, IBB, OBJ, etc they are all the same.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 1:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
[size=18pt]The man is a nut case. grin
His Transform Nigeria people are even owing me over N1million till date and looking for excuses not to pay me.
Nigeria has never been this bad.[/size]

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Transluxpaints(m): 1:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
oga jona you sure say na you talk am abi the tin skip your lips abeg come mainsland come see how people dey soak garri
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by ejihand(m): 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
pentagonal: this idi0t is definitely high on pej monthly flow.
Truly ignorance is twice deadly than Ebola. Who told you that PEJ still sees her period? Common sense suggest that she might have well passed that age of biological clock.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by kokoA(m): 1:37pm On Sep 28, 2014
Our president's second name should be 'Joseph'.. Coz na dream him dey dream.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by kennydee05(m): 1:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
GEJ those who are against you are far more than those who are with you.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by 9JAgosurvive: 1:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
PDP governors endorsed GEJ; they forgot that two remaining endorsements with which GEJ cannot really make it are;Gods endorsement and that of the people.

If the cabal sponsoring TAN rallies and the 100's of other support groups for GEJ re-elections, are spending billions of Naira already to protect their own interest by ensuring GEJ remains and not the interest of the majority of Nigerians. GEJ himself is buying totally into this falsehood failing to learn from the two most important aspects of his own ascension to the presidency

1.Was the YAR'ADUA cabal not demolished by divine providence when President Yaradua passed on ? why didn't the cabal give Yaradua Life so they can continue to rule via their entrenched cabalization >>>

2.GEJ was elected in 2011 simply because vast majority of Nigerians wanted a change, after enough frustrations from so called " must rule" / "its our turn" nonsense. People nursed a silent hope that this man GEJ, without any real bad/evil reputation,negative history, or military baggage just might be a saving grace for Nigerians - hence Nigerians easily bought hook,line and sinker into themes like[i] "GEJ a breath of fresh air" or GEJ, am one of you I didn't have shoes in school>>[/i]

But alas!! sadly its these very same evil tactics that the then GEJ enemies tried to use against him when he was considered the underdog, are the same tactics GEJ is allowing or using and stay in power ;eg

1. There's is a strong cabal who will go all the way to seek for GEJ re-elections not for any reason but simply to protect their own interest.Only God knows the payback these people will demand should GEJ win re-election

2. Some of GEJ so called south-south kins including criminals like asari,ateke and other murderers are now show shouting its our turn too, GEJ an Ijaw man must rule 8years or we will go on our own rampage.

Nigerians cant you see ? cant you think ?

Is it not sad that for all the loud noise, money being spent and out right campaigning for GEJ taking place already despite the ban on such for now, that in all of these not for once has there been a clear manifesto of what GEJ really intends to do with another 4 years ? no intelligent debate or argument is going on about Nigerians future if left in the hand of GEJ rather the campaign /arguments is all based on what he has done in the past and this are often over bloated with lies (the so called transformation agenda) and also using the useless argument that he is from the south, and thus the south needs to rule 8years too ?

I HAVE NO PROBLEM VOTING FOR GEJ BECAUSE BY MY OWN ESTIMATION THERE'S REALLY NO CREDIBLE OPPOSITION AS OF TODAY,
BUT BECAUSE OF THE OUTRIGHT AND CLEAR HIJACK OF THIS GEJ GOVERNMENT, WE CAN SEE ALREADY AND HOW BAD THE "VULTURES" ARE ALREADY GATHERING AGAIN TO SEEK HIS RE ELECTION COME 2015 -

I FEAR FOR NIGERIA AND ALL YOU GEJ TILL 2019 ... YOU REALLY SHOULD TOO -

I EARNESTLY PRAY GOD COMES THROUGH FOR NIGERIA AGAIN..
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by jeflexy(m): 2:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
I would have believed this statistics if the poor widow at my backyard is gettin some sort of payment or allowance from the government
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by linearity: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Why are most people saying, it is a lie?

I am one of those, who is quick to critize GEJ, but on this front, he is telling the truth, the only problem is, it is not an achievement. The main question, would have been that; 'What percentage of living wages has been achieved"

His comment can be easily verified by anyone as follows:

I don't know what the poverty guideline is in Nigeria, but I will use that of the US:

Poverty guideline for a single individual for 2014 is about $11,000.00/pa. Since the minimum wage in the US is about $9/hr, it means that the poverty guideline is approximately about 60% of the minimum wage.

All GEJ need to do, is to create jobs or cause to create jobs whose wages are about 40% less than the minimum wage in Nigeria; if those jobs outpace net increase in the employable population in Nigeria to a tune of 50%, then he is right.

Using N18,000.00 as minimum wage in Nigeria; that will be a job paying at least N10,800.00/monthly.

Now, it is another question if, 60% if minimum wage can sustain someone in Nigeria, since they are not living wages.

So what GEJ is basically saying is that, they have increased the number of people making at least N10,800.00/monthly by 50%, you now see why I indicated above that, it is not an achievement as those wages cannot sustain a family of one, in today's Nigeria economy.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by sirgreen: 2:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
GEJ IS A QUIET MAN BUT I AM SURPRISE HE HAS THE LIVER TO OPEN HIS MOUTH TO MAKE THIS NASTY STATEMENT. MY ADVICE TO HIM IS THAT HE MAY END UP MAKING PEOPLE TO HATE HIM AS ONE WHO HAS NO TRUTH OR INTEGRITY. WE KNOW THAT INSURGENTS DID NOT ALLOW HIM TO PERFORM THE WAY HE SHOULD AND WE ARE SATISFIED WITH THIS CONDITION EVEN IF HE HAS NOT DONE ANYTHING. HE STILL HAS THE SUPPORT FROM MAJORITY OF NIGERIANS BUT THIS STATEMENT NOW INDICATES THAT HE IS A BLACK MAN WITH BLACK MOUTH AND CHARACTER AND ANYTHING BLACK IS BLACK ANYWHERE IN THE UNIVERSE. HE HAS EMBRACED CORRUPTION LIKE ANY OTHER POLITICIANS AND TALK LIKE THEM. I THOUGHT HE WAS A QUIET GENTLEMAN. SHAME TO HIM!!! THE TRUTH IS THAT HE CANNOT EVEN REDUCE POVERTY IN NIGERIA BY 5%. IF HE IS SHARING MONEY WITH PDP MEMBERS, HE THOUGHT HE HAS REDUCED POVERTY IN NIGERIA- A POPULATION OF NEARLY TWO HUNDRED MILLION. GOVERNANCE IS NOT THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY BECAUSE EVEN A SECONDARIAN CAN LEAD THIS COUNTRY AND IT IS JUST PEOPLE SUGGESTING WHAT HE SHOULD DO LIKE THEY DID TO HIM. THE PROBLEM OF THIS COUNTRY EVER CONTINUE TO BE CORRUPTION AND THAT IS WHY THIS COUNTRY CANNOT GO TO ANYWHERE.

JAMES
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Orikinla(m): 3:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
9JAgosurvive: PDP governors endorsed GEJ; they forgot that two remaining endorsements with which GEJ cannot really make it are;Gods endorsement and that of the people.

If the cabal sponsoring TAN rallies and the 100's of other support groups for GEJ re-elections, are spending billions of Naira already to protect their own interest by ensuring GEJ remains and not the interest of the majority of Nigerians. GEJ himself is buying totally into this falsehood failing to learn from the two most important aspects of his own ascension to the presidency

1.Was the YAR'ADUA cabal not demolished by divine providence when President Yaradua passed on ? why didn't the cabal give Yaradua Life so they can continue to rule via their entrenched cabalization >>>

2.GEJ was elected in 2011 simply because vast majority of Nigerians wanted a change, after enough frustrations from so called " must rule" / "its our turn" nonsense. People nursed a silent hope that this man GEJ, without any real bad/evil reputation,negative history, or military baggage just might be a saving grace for Nigerians - hence Nigerians easily bought hook,line and sinker into themes like[i] "GEJ a breath of fresh air" or GEJ, am one of you I didn't have shoes in school>>[/i]

But alas!! sadly its these very same evil tactics that the then GEJ enemies tried to use against him when he was considered the underdog, are the same tactics GEJ is allowing or using and stay in power ;eg

1. There's is a strong cabal who will go all the way to seek for GEJ re-elections not for any reason but simply to protect their own interest.Only God knows the payback these people will demand should GEJ win re-election

2. Some of GEJ so called south-south kins including criminals like asari,ateke and other murderers are now show shouting its our turn too, GEJ an Ijaw man must rule 8years or we will go on our own rampage.

Nigerians cant you see ? cant you think ?

Is it not sad that for all the loud noise, money being spent and out right campaigning for GEJ taking place already despite the ban on such for now, that in all of these not for once has there been a clear manifesto of what GEJ really intends to do with another 4 years ? no intelligent debate or argument is going on about Nigerians future if left in the hand of GEJ rather the campaign /arguments is all based on what he has done in the past and this are often over bloated with lies (the so called transformation agenda) and also using the useless argument that he is from the south, and thus the south needs to rule 8years too ?

I HAVE NO PROBLEM VOTING FOR GEJ BECAUSE BY MY OWN ESTIMATION THERE'S REALLY NO CREDIBLE OPPOSITION AS OF TODAY,
BUT BECAUSE OF THE OUTRIGHT AND CLEAR HIJACK OF THIS GEJ GOVERNMENT, WE CAN SEE ALREADY AND HOW BAD THE "VULTURES" ARE ALREADY GATHERING AGAIN TO SEEK HIS RE ELECTION COME 2015 -

I FEAR FOR NIGERIA AND ALL YOU GEJ TILL 2019 ... YOU REALLY SHOULD TOO -

I EARNESTLY PRAY GOD COMES THROUGH FOR NIGERIA AGAIN..

1000 Likes.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by akandea(m): 3:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
I refuse to allow GEJ and his propagandists to make me commit the sin of speech
Seriously he could have help himself if he had kept silent!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by damola57: 3:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
Jona is a joker. What he should have said is that they have reduced the number of poor politicians by heavy corruption and money laundry.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Ejiod(m): 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
Chai!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Timilehin3(m): 4:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
azeezhy:

When did you my friend become a GEJ apologist.
lol...bro, u know i won't romance with impunity anytime. Just saying what i heard.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Gorrbachev: 4:25pm On Sep 28, 2014

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 5:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
olaeffect:

And you think this can work where there is no basic infrastructure like electricity.
If you only know that the telecoms companies in Nigeria spend more on diesel and generator than what the pay staff.

Why can't our government give us power? PDP, APC, GEJ, IBB, OBJ, etc they are all the same.

Poverty is a global problem

It exist in advanced nations that have the best of infrastructures eg electricity

The most critical solution is when people see it as their moral responsibility to create businesses that employs people and pay them fine.

Remember

Jobs don't fall from heaven but are created by people.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 5:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
BlackTechnology:

Poverty is a global problem

It exist in advanced nations that have the best of infrastructures eg electricity

The most critical solution is when people see it as their moral responsibility to create businesses that employs people and pay them fine.

Remember

Jobs don't fall from heaven but are created by people.
Your pr is in reverse motion. You're criticizing him too.Bottomline:your president is a shameless, corrupt liar.

Anyone who lies,steals.-African proverb.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Fourwinds: 6:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
Chai hey!
Can we ever get there undecided
we can if and only if d president to be will be ruthless in dealing with corrupt public officials including sending his own wife to jail. Everybody will sit up
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by san316(m): 8:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
Na true. Atleast I have a job now, but the poverty wey i bin dey inside since still dey haunt me. So no difference. But sha, oga jona for just avoid those things wey go make am lie now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

AWOLOWO VS OJUKWU (achievements And Records) / Kamal Ladejobi: 'Fayose Has Not Touched A Newspaper Since He Became Governor' / Bukola Saraki And 219 Ex-lawmakers To Return Their Official Number Plates - FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.