Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,874 members, 7,810,326 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (23821 Views)

‘Ambode Has Reduced Poverty’ / Nigerian Government Cuts Electricity Tariff By 50% / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by gratieao: 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday in Benin said the country had reduced its poverty rate by 50 per cent.

Jonathan said this while speaking at the South South Peoples Democratic Party political rally in Benin, tagged ‘Unity Mega Rally.’

He said that the PDP, as a party, believed in stomach infrastructure because the party must ensure that there was food security and job creation in the country.

He noted that any leader who claimed not to believe in stomach infrastructure was not ready to lead, as “you cannot lead hungry people.”

He desrcibed the PDP as the only stable party since its formation that had never changed its name, logo or motto, adding that it is the only paty that gives its members the freedom to climb to the highest level.

He said that all the nation needed was unity, and gave the assurance that although all the roads could not be rehabilitated at once, his administration would continue to improve on all infrastracture in the country.

He also gave the reassurance that since the nation was able to conquer the Ebola Virus Disease, it would also conquer the Boko Haram insurgency.

The president however appealed to the party loyalists to be decent in their variuos electioneering competitions in order not to create enermies among themselves.

Earlier, Vice President Namadi Sambo said the presenet administration had completed seven power projects with a total of 2,000 mega watts for the South South under the Transformation Agenda.

Similarly, Senate President David Mark described Jonathan as “a good sell” hence his unianimous adoption by the party as its choice candidate for 2015.

The PDP National Chairman, Alhaji Adamu Mu’azu, described the president as a bridge builder and unifying factor.

He reassured that all defectors to the party would be reintegrated into the party without bias.

The Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party, Chief Tony Aneneih, said the zone had every reason to be proud of its contribution to national development.

He also said that the zone had made sacrifice to keep the country together as well as contributed to the economic growth.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that, the president had earlier inaugurated the Benin-Ofusu Dual carriage, where Gov Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State, described the quallity of work as impressive.

Oshiomhole also congratulated the president on the massive road construction and rehabiliattion across states in the country.

NAN also reports that the rally was attended by who is who in the PDP both in the state and in the country, including serving and past governors, national assembly members, as well as aspirants.
http://www.punchng.com/news/weve-reduced-poverty-by-50-jonathan/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by gratieao: 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
It’s now official, this otueke man is a comedian!
I wonder where he got his statistics from.

273 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by pelvicky(m): 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Our president is working.,but its unfortunate haters won't see it.

Gej till 2050

34 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2014
Jonathan I no support you for this one you talk oooooo

Poverty can only reduce when people create businesses that employs people.

Businesses that create jobs can only come into existence when people

1) See it as part of their civic responsibility

2) Are willingly to give out long term low interest rate loans to small medium and large scale businesses

3) Are willingly to go into business partnership directly or indirectly

In all these, the FG has failed to massively educate Nigerians to apply these 3 understanding and lots more

How many Nigerians earning at least 50 000 naira monthly are saving with the intention of going into part time business or lending long term low interest loans to businesses after 10yrs of savings.

In the thread " 7 things about Switzerland you don't know, the OP made us realise that some things were not automated in order to create jobs for book keepers because the swiss believe in low unemployment."

GEJ in this area I will score you 10%

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Idrismusty97(m): 9:03pm On Sep 27, 2014
Another 2015 scripts! He should have said 99.9%

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by omokidew: 9:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
50% indeed.. uncommon transformation liar grin

43 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by pentagonal: 9:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
this idi0t is definitely high on pej monthly flow.

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Goddex: 9:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
BlackTechnology: Jonathan I no support you for this one you talk oooooo

Why?
The statistics are there - World Bank, IMF etc
It doesn't mean that everybody is now rich but poverty has definitely reduced

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by natureblack(m): 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
That's what we want,reduce it to the minimum.

No man can worship God or love his neighbour on an empty stomach
lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by GetUmad: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
50%. Why not 100%? The same way his P. A, the finance minister claimed the Govt created how many millions of jobs last year.
50% is an understatement. Its should actually be 150%. Its evident on the street. When average Nigerians now consider essential commodities ostentatious.

Federal Government cooking imaginary figures since 2010.

68 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by TeamclicksAir: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Then increased looting by 100%

52 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
You have reduced the poverty in your pockets by 50%.

undecided Tell me another one.

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by lonelydora: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
What? Oga Jona, I have been your supporter for sometime now, but I no follow you for this kind talk. I know you are working in some areas but not yet on poverty. 50% or 5% you mean? Please don't make me switch sides.

Oga Jona, there is Godu in everything you are saying

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Sparrow13: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2014

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by acenazt: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2014
Good luck johny and him TAN people no dey fear God. Them dey lie without piety.

32 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Goddex:

Why?

There is no accurate data in Nigeria. So you can't trust WB and IMF statistics.

Besides my reasons for disagreeing with Jona (my man) is stated in the modified post you quoted.

13 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Reduce poverty in otueke by 50% and increase that of Nigeria

22 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
The intention of putting threads, such as this, on frontpage is comedy. Nothing else.

41 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by superior1: 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
And when we call you Jona-dumbo, some will say we are insulting you but needless i will say the the truth

The Nigeria president is ultra-dumb

79 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Mayor21(m): 9:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by alex2242(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
dis jonathan na just one big fool

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by ifysimple(f): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Why won't he say that when he now has shoes.

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Lordseyad(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
k
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by akpanikpe(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
If I hear!!!!!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Mayor21(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Aderupoko2: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
All liars shall go to hell fire, Jonah....!

23 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by akpanikpe(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
If I hear!!!

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by XketchDesigns(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Chai!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Der iz goud o!!!!!!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Samsexy8: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
abeg wich dey more active in alomo and jedi

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by epospiky(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
I guess i'm not in nigeria then.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by logicboy01: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
Goddex:

Why?

What dirty statistics?

Guy, it seems, you like to be fed lies by foreigners.

28 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by wellmax(m): 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2014
Ah uncle Jona, you can lie ooo, I will tell my mummy for you

26 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Breaking! Scores Killed In Yola Blast / Melaye Submits Petition On Corruption By Manitoba To EFCC / Imo Police Kill 4 Suspected IPOB/ESN Members, Charms, IEDs Recovered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.