Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (23852 Views)

‘Ambode Has Reduced Poverty’ / Nigerian Government Cuts Electricity Tariff By 50% / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by KlaireKlement(f): 7:25am On Sep 28, 2014
50 %??...hmmm,I won't say he's lying o.Maybe its in an audio format that's y we can only hear it and not see it.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Baawaa(m): 7:29am On Sep 28, 2014
pelvicky: Our president is working.,but its unfortunate haters won't see it.

Gej till 2050
What an irony
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Eeser: 7:37am On Sep 28, 2014
To all those supporting Jonathan's comment, may God reduce the poverty rate in your lives just exactly the way Jonathan has reduced the poverty rate in this country.
Can I get an amen?

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Esperooke(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2014
This shows how clueless this man is. He dwell on the lies he is being fed with. Come to think of it, the poverty-increasing multiplying effect of fuel subsidy is still here with us (forget about the overhyped SURE-P which is an empty jingle), added to the unprecedented corruption rate. Poverty is best reduced by reduced unemployment, reduced cost of living, improved security etc. And, unarguably, this administration has done worse.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Timilehin3(m): 7:44am On Sep 28, 2014
I was watching the programme live on Channels TV yesterday. I am not sure he said poverty ooo, i heard HUNGER has been reduced by 50% in Nigeria through their Agricultural transformation programmes.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 28, 2014
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 28, 2014
d baba must b high on somtin...dry jin I guess

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by phlemzy: 8:28am On Sep 28, 2014
Online ranting will never bring in the desired canditate. We have an option. The power to vote him in or out lies in our hands.The ranting should be totally pour at the polling station when thumb printing in 2015. Let those that feel he's done well enough to remain for another four years vote for him,while those that feel he doesnt deserve a return crest theirs too and the count will give the verdict. 2015 election will be too observed to be rigged.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Dontbeused: 8:44am On Sep 28, 2014
Good work! Bravo!!
...'nd u av reduced electricity by 90%
Increased Corruption by 50%
Subsidy by how many %?
Money laundry by how many %?
I saw an accident due to a big pothole...wow! terrible
Maybe Jona is on the moon!!!!!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by authority2006(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2014
arcis: The acquisition of private planes in Nigeria since civil rule began
with General Olusegun Obasanjo as President in 1999 has been unprecedented.

Over 130 new private planes were acquired since 2007

at an average cost of $50 million per plane”.

“Between March 2010 and March 2011, in just one year,

Nigerians privately spent $225 million on private jets.
But while a few dozen Nigerians are spending millions of dollars apiece
for private jets, the poverty level in Nigeria is on the rise; with almost 100 million Nigerians,

out of a total population of 170 million, living on less than one dollar a day.”

…….…..Forbes Magazine
That's what you called total disconnect between the rich and the poor as well as between the government and the the citizens
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2014
pentagonal: this idi0t is definitely high on pej monthly flow.

i doubt if she still bleeds...fat pockets obstructs
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by authority2006(m): 8:55am On Sep 28, 2014
phlemzy: Online ranting will never bring in the desired canditate. We have an option. The power to vote him in or out lies in our hands.The ranting should be totally pour at the polling station when thumb printing in 2015. Let those that feel he's done well enough to remain for another four years vote for him,while those that feel he doesnt deserve a return crest theirs too and the count will give the verdict. 2015 election will be too observed to be rigged.
It will take the mercy of God before Jonathan can be voted out. I said this because the magnitude of election rigging I witnessed in South South in during 2011 presidential election, the same massive rigging also occurred in South East. 98-100% voters turn out in Nigeria should even tell you guys that are not in the area that rigging is the only explanation.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by gidjah(m): 8:56am On Sep 28, 2014
gratieao: It’s now official, this otueke man is a comedian!
I wonder where he got his statistics from.
FROM AREAS like asokoro,maitama,and wuse of course,if u happen to reside in one this areas u will not want to believe that there is poverty in d land
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by creekman(m): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2014
Without mincing words, this president is leaving in another world and definitely not in Nigeria. Poverty reduced by 50%........This is crazy.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by bregeard(m): 9:06am On Sep 28, 2014
gratieao:
http://www.punchng.com/news/weve-reduced-poverty-by-50-jonathan/
One word for Jonathan Good luck...OLORIBURUKU
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 28, 2014
Steewpidity can't be worse!
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by persius555(m): 9:24am On Sep 28, 2014
I am sorry to say, but somebody in the govt is doing a goodd job at feeding the president with crappy statistics that dont hold water. Personally, in the last five years i have seen quite a few number of nigerians been economically empowered to lift themselves out of poverty, at the same time more people have been struggling for too long tolift themselves(i mean gainfully employed) out of poverty, this could be attributed to higher dependency ratio, expensive cost of living and at the same time more able bodied are too frequentlyin and out of not well paying jobs. The above is my yardstick for evaluating the level of poverty reduction. Anybody else can posts his or her own method of evaluating the level of poverty in the country.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Timilehin3: I was watching the programme live on Channels TV yesterday. I am not sure he said poverty ooo, i heard HUNGER has been reduced by 50% in Nigeria through their Agricultural transformation programmes.

When did you my friend become a GEJ apologist.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by pharmson22: 10:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes, u ar right by killing, looting and bombing d poor
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by abdul4new(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2014
this president of a man is a joker I wonder where he got his statistics from Jonathan can lie to high heaven yeah.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 10:34am On Sep 28, 2014
deb:

You sounded like one of those who know the truth but still deliberately chose to be blinded by sentiments. If you knew all these and you are only scoring him 10% on just "this area" what makes you think that a very low and poor thinker like your GEJ can score beyond 10 in any other area?

Even you should make a better President than GEJ. Leadership is not about position it's about who we are. A lot of us don't just believe enough in ourselves that we think a fellow human being is better than us just by the virtue of the position mother luck afforded them.

If GEJ, in your honest opinion for the first time I guess, can score just 10% in what should be the basic knowledge of any Head of State of a nation, what else can he score above 10%? "If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do?" even if the "righteous" GEJ meant well? He simply cannot give what he does not have and that is where we find ourselves. GEJ is the president but he is not the one ruling. The guy na "Odeson"

To be truthful to you

YOU SPOKE LIKE A BABY

If you understand life with a matured mind , you would hold the intellectual community partially responsible for not looking deep into our various national challenges and finding conventional and unconventional solutions to them.

Is Jona God that knows everything. Why do you think the bible says there is safety in the multitude of counsels.

Do you know that your positive suggestions can get to him when those around him read it , believe it and suggest it to him.

Go through you comment and compare it with mine and you will realize that you are a destructive critics who never suggested a single conventional or unconventional solution to poverty

Social Media is not a place to insult people but to suggest better alternatives.

If I am Tinubu Buhari APC I will never include you in my inner circle because of your baby mentality

Finally go through your post and compare between you and Jona who is "Odeson" and tell me
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Fernandinho: 10:46am On Sep 28, 2014
BIG FAT LIE
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by molas02: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2014
do i will vote for u com 2014 bt to d one u just said u ar a lair.......
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Mayday87: 11:11am On Sep 28, 2014
pelvicky: Our president is working.,but its unfortunate haters won't see it.

Gej till 2050

U are living in another planet.. wake up
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by thosedays: 11:12am On Sep 28, 2014
Gej on this one you dey OYO cheesy
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by declaro(m): 11:14am On Sep 28, 2014
BlackTechnology: Jonathan I no support you for this one you talk oooooo

Poverty can only reduce when people create businesses that employs people.

Businesses that create jobs can only come into existence when people

1) See it as part of their civic responsibility

2) Are willingly to give out long term low interest rate loans to small medium and large scale businesses

3) Are willingly to go into business partnership directly or indirectly

In all these, the FG has failed to massively educate Nigerians to apply these 3 understanding and lots more

How many Nigerians earning at least 50 000 naira monthly are saving with the intention of going into part time business or lending long term low interest loans to businesses after 10yrs of savings.

In the thread " 7 things about Switzerland you don't know, the OP made us realise that some things were not automated in order to create jobs for book keepers because the swiss believe in low unemployment."

GEJ in this area I will score you 10%

I'm not a friend of any politician at all, but he tried on the Agricultural low interest rates for farmers. I really love that much more than given low interest rates for traders that will only use the money to import finished products into the country instead of going into productions that will create more jobs and increase our economy. Agricultural sector is what will develop the forgotten ruler areas and extinguish hunger in Nigeria. It is very important for the youths to create jobs for themselves from this forgotten and untapped sector. Farming is good for graduates and undergraduates. I want to see Nigerians exporting made in Nigeria foods and agricultural products. Europeans have may phd holders in farming and one can become extremely rich from farming.

WE SHOULD ALSO THINK OF WHAT WE CAN DO FOR OUR COUNTRY NOT ALWAYS WHAT NIGERIA WILL DO FOR US. THIS IS WHILE THE WESTERN COUNTRY SEEMS TO BE BETTER THAN US, WE ALWAYS WAIT TO BE SPOON FEED INSTEAD OF FEEDING OTHERS.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by BlackTechnology: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2014
declaro:

I'm not a friend of any politician at all, but he tried on the Agricultural low interest rates for farmers. I really love that much more than given low interest rates for traders that will only use the money to import finished products into the country instead of going into productions that will create more jobs and increase our economy. Agricultural sector is what will develop the forgotten ruler areas and extinguish hunger in Nigeria. It is very important for the youths to create jobs for themselves from this forgotten and untapped sector. Farming is good for graduates and undergraduates. I want to see Nigerians exporting made in Nigeria foods and agricultural products. Europeans have may phd holders in farming and one can become extremely rich from farming.

WE SHOULD ALSO THINK OF WHAT WE CAN DO FOR OUR COUNTRY NOT ALWAYS WHAT NIGERIA WILL DO FOR US. THIS IS WHILE THE WESTERN COUNTRY SEEMS TO BE BETTER THAN US, WE ALWAYS WAIT TO BE SPOON FEED INSTEAD OF FEEDING OTHERS.

GodblessYou

That's why I tell people that jobs don't fall from heaven but are peoples creation

How many people are willingly to have not more than two kids, cut down expenses , increase savings in order to establish businesses , support existing businesses or form partnership businesses.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by spenca: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2014
The presidency just believe they can bamboozle their way around,has poverty reduced by 50% as an effect of deflation or per capital income?

In the time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

#GEJlied #GEJlied #GEJlied #GEJlied
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by spenca: 11:39am On Sep 28, 2014
The presidency just believe they can bamboozle their way around,has poverty reduced by 50% as an effect of deflation or per capital income?

In the time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

#GEJlied #GEJlied #GEJlied #GEJlied
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by smart002(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2014
I jst dey observe jeje
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by smart002(m): 11:46am On Sep 28, 2014
I jst dey observe jeje. Jona, u can lie o

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Amaechi Lied Maritime University Is Only At ‘feasibility Study’ Phase / NAF Trains Recruits And EFCC Operatives (photos) / 2023: Vice-Presidential Candidates And Their Ages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.