Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (23855 Views)

‘Ambode Has Reduced Poverty’ / Nigerian Government Cuts Electricity Tariff By 50% / We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by atlwireles: 12:02am On Sep 28, 2014
pascyj: IHowever he said it,fact is:guy lies a lot.

You are not making sense.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 28, 2014
atlwireles:

I live in a rural area, what's your problem with that?
smh.You post something you didn't read it.Just like your president. Your own report says poverty is extreme in rural areas and that poverty reduction has been extremely slow where you are.Since there're more people like you in rural areas, 70% of Nigerians,it therefore means poverty rate is still chronic at 70%.And that's the reality. Emm,get your head out of the hole,your behind is showing. Your president has reduced poverty in urban areas where the politicians(his friends) are,where there was always less poverty anyway. This means your president is elitist and out of touch with the reality of most Nigerians. And I've not even added the glaring poverty and squalor in urban areas, it's already 70%.Read your own report before posting it.

6 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by jayboymakanaki: 12:15am On Sep 28, 2014
crypity u. Time to wake up.
pelvicky: Our president is working.,but its unfortunate haters won't see it.

Gej till 2050
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by hardebounty(m): 12:15am On Sep 28, 2014
Goddex:

Why?
The statistics are there - World Bank, IMF etc
It doesn't mean that everybody is now rich but poverty has definitely reduced

Don't come here wit dose shitty Nsense talk oooh..
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by OCTAVO: 12:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Mr President, you can lie oooo. Diaris God o. *In PEJ's voice*

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Afolabi78: 12:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Ngwakwe: The same set of Nay-sayers that ridicules Nairalanders by attributing their conditions to non-existing poverty come here to deny their freedom from poverty courtesy of GEJ's Administration and favourable Economic policies.

Ride on my President, don't mind these armchair critics, they aren't voting for you no matter how well you transform our country. Most of your critics pray and desire for calamities on Nigeria as the water brook desires and longs for water just to give them talking points to pull you down.

Your re-election is already guaranteed provided you do your best and ensure our girls are back from the enemy's captivity.
May your life be like nigeria say amen if you are sure What your is true.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:19am On Sep 28, 2014
pentagonal: this idi0t is definitely high on pej monthly flow.
wow! how can u say DAT
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by atlwireles: 12:27am On Sep 28, 2014
pascyj: smh.You post something you didn't read it.Just like your president. Your own report says poverty is extreme in rural areas and that poverty reduction has been extremely slow where you are.Since there're more people like you in rural areas, 70% of Nigerians,it therefore means poverty rate is still chronic at 70%.And that's the reality. Emm,get your head out of the hole,your behind is showing. Your president has reduced poverty in urban areas where the politicians(his friends) are,where there was always less poverty anyway. This means your president is elitist and out of touch with the reality of most Nigerians. And I've not even added the glaring poverty and squalor in urban areas, it's already 70%.Read your own report before posting it.

Don't misinterpret the report, the overall theme of the report, is a reduction of poverty in Nigeria. There is nothing to spin here. The fact is,poverty is higher in the rural areas. The north/south divide accounts for most of that. Yet, the World Bank reckoned that the poverty headcount in Nigeria (based on a US$1.4 per day threshold) fell to 33.1% in 2012‑13, compared with 61.2% in 2010. That is the central theme of this report.

I don't know what rubbish you are trying to prove here.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Afolabi78: 12:28am On Sep 28, 2014
Ngwakwe: The same set of Nay-sayers that ridicules Nairalanders by attributing their conditions to non-existing poverty come here to deny their freedom from poverty courtesy of GEJ's Administration and favourable Economic policies.

Ride on my President, don't mind these armchair critics, they aren't voting for you no matter how well you transform our country. Most of your critics pray and desire for calamities on Nigeria as the water brook desires and longs for water just to give them talking points to pull you down.

Your re-election is already guaranteed provided you do your best and ensure our girls are back from the enemy's captivity.
May your life be like nigeria say amen if you are sure What your President say is true.

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by allanphash7(m): 12:34am On Sep 28, 2014
lol ooooooooooooooooooooool
ifysimple: Why won't he say that when he now has shoes.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Toks2008(m): 12:38am On Sep 28, 2014
menesheh:
i will still vote him cus no Better alternative. We especially me have seen a little bit of improvement than what we gat before ugh.

Thats just the problem and i wonder why AapC cant file in people like Buba marwa and oshiomole or fashola as vp.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 12:53am On Sep 28, 2014
atlwireles:

Don't misinterpret the report, the overall theme of the report, is a reduction of poverty in Nigeria. There is nothing to spin here. The fact is,poverty is higher in the rural areas. The north/south divide accounts for most of that. Yet, the World Bank reckoned that the poverty headcount in Nigeria (based on a US$1.4 per day threshold) fell to 33.1% in 2012‑13, compared with 61.2% in 2010. That is the central theme of this report.

I don't know what rubbish you are trying to prove here.
95% of Nlers on this also know and have said you/your paymasters are lying. I needn't say more.I mean you're lying still when you infer that 95 out of a 100 random nigerians spin.Nothing to spin here right back at you and 5 other people. The reality of the hunger speaks for itself. Your report says poverty reduction is slow because of gej's corruption. No spin,spinner.

May your life be like Nigeria (say amen)if what your president said is true.

4 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by atlwireles: 1:02am On Sep 28, 2014
pascyj: 95% of Nlers on this also know and have said you/your paymasters are lying. I needn't say more.I mean you're lying still when you infer that 95 out of a 100 random nigerians spin.Nothing to spin here right back at you and 5 other people. The reality of the hunger speaks for itself. Your report says poverty reduction is slow because of gej's corruption. No spin,spinner.

95% of NL?? so you took a poll of all members and came up with a 95% number undecided. You are unfortunately another noise maker. Even as the data proves, that, you don't know what you are talking about. You still try to dump conjecture on this thread. I don't have time for meaningless verbose. Have a good night.

My life is Nigeria, I say amen to your prayer. Remember, nobody else is responsible for happiness besides yourself. wink

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by NobleG1(m): 1:03am On Sep 28, 2014
What an id*iot. He's one of the most incompetent presidents in African history.

6 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 28, 2014
atlwireles:

95% of NL?? so you took a poll of all members and came up with a 95% number undecided. You are unfortunately another noise maker. Even as the data proves, you don't know what you are talking about, you still try to dump conjecture on this thread. I don't have time for meaningless verbose. Have a good night.

My life is Nigeria, I say amen to your prayer. Remember, nobody else is responsible for happiness besides yourself. wink
Nobody is responsible for happiness besides yourself.
While you and lying man want to lie and claim responsibility for a fictitious poverty reduction(?). How convenient.
Nobody is responsible for many Nigerians' happiness, not you, not gej.
Fela's Suffering and Smiling (a Nigerian song)is over 2decades old.Nigerians didn't become the happiest people on earth today, poverty or not.

95% of posters on thread affirm your lies.Good night.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by ifeanyi83(m): 1:16am On Sep 28, 2014
These pie charts and graphs do not paint the clear picture... a visit to Mushin is just about enough to tell anyone that the poverty level in Nigeria is still high...

3 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:32am On Sep 28, 2014
pascyj: You're right. "Poverty Nigerians".There are about 150million of them, struggling to survive every day.Thank you for accepting your president lies a lot. So there's still "poverty nigerians".Jonathan was clearly putting his glaring lack of integrity on display. Thanks.

Lmao... I couldn't withstand this. "Poverty Nigerians" indeed grin grin grin
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 1:36am On Sep 28, 2014
seangy4konji: Its absurd when this man still categorize us...The poverty level is extremely high and its not because all of them are not educated or lazy,They simple cant get a job with their degrees and just settling for anything and even people without degree but with entrepreneur skills but with no one to give loan to float the talent will still live in face me and face you...Na common sense only and you spew this rubbish boss

I have promised not to abuse you cause i know you dont know anything about all you are saying and just
clueless about everything...

I would advice you as one African president used to say and i hear him on Edmond obilo show and he says my people love me because i always say the truth and they know that if i dont have anything good or true to say to them?I always keep quiet so they love me...You can see that no blame on your beautiful loving wife now when she has kept her mouth shut instead of trying to show the world she is running the country instead of youWe all know you got no clue anyway so please just keep quiet and loot all you can while there,You are not the first and will not be the last,we are young and have all witnessed the death of your leaders who looted but never looted like you and your whoring ministers and partners...time will tell..

Nigeria will decide when its time but if its poverty

Its all around and lets just say Thank God for keeping us alive cos God is bigger than ALL OF YOU.

I love you kiss kiss kiss

Please where should I send your kiss to?
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by kraftykc(m): 2:52am On Sep 28, 2014
Goddex:

Why?

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/05/world-bank-report-poverty-nigeria/
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Tibins(m): 3:11am On Sep 28, 2014
BlackTechnology: Jonathan I no support you for this one you talk oooooo

Poverty can only reduce when people create businesses that employs people.

Businesses that create jobs can only come into existence when people

1) See it as part of their civic responsibility

2) Are willingly to give out long term low interest rate loans to small medium and large scale businesses

3) Are willingly to go into business partnership directly or indirectly

In all these, the FG has failed to massively educate Nigerians to apply these 3 understanding and lots more

How many Nigerians earning at least 50 000 naira monthly are saving with the intention of going into part time business or lending long term low interest loans to businesses after 10yrs of savings.

In the thread " 7 things about Switzerland you don't know, the OP made us realise that some things were not automated in order to create jobs for book keepers because the swiss believe in low unemployment."

GEJ in this area I will score you 10%

My bros e no easy as you think am o! Good things are worked over time & NOT overnight ooo!
I like your courage sha, but do you statistical research well. Even sef you fit use EBOLASCOPE. But truth be told despite all the distractions GEJ try pass others. Sure we towards the right path..... GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Justcash(m): 3:32am On Sep 28, 2014
GEJ may have exaggerated, but we need to ask ourselves some very important questions before burying him for this statement;

What was the poverty rate before GEJ's tenure?

What is the current poverty rate under GEJ?

Is the poverty situation of Nigeria better or worse?

If it is better, then GEJ has performed better than his predecessors.

If it is worse, then GEJ deserves to be voted out!

FROM EXISTING ECONOMIC INDICATORS FROM IMF, WORLD BANK and NBS, poverty is declining slowly but steadily since GEJ took over.

IF GEJ MUST BE REPLACED, SOMEONE THAT CAN PERFORM BETTER MUST BE PRESENTED.

TINUBU, ATIKU AND BUHARI are clear NOs FOR ME.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by honeymix77(m): 4:48am On Sep 28, 2014
Create enabling enviroment, fix infrastructure, access to loan with reasonable interest, reduce corruption and make good policies, it will encourage investors, entrepreneurs will come in, its small business that drives the economy. God has blessed this country immensely but we always play the blame game one way or the other we are all in this together. Though like the saying goes “everything rises and falls with leadership ”. Government need to cut down waste, empower the police and the judiciary, abeg make I stop here, I just feel we should start proffering solution instead of the blame game, Nigerians are divided along so many lines, party, ethnic, religion etc politicians knows this and they use it against us, let's be wise and come together to move this country forward. God save Nigeria

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by tokjohn: 5:02am On Sep 28, 2014
Watch those who became successful before it's too late!

Like and Share!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3V8uIyZq4E
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Smooyis(m): 5:30am On Sep 28, 2014

2) Are willingly to give out long term low interest rate loans to small medium and large scale businesses

In all these, the FG has failed to massively educate Nigerians to apply these 3 understanding and lots more

How many Nigerians earning at least 50 000 naira monthly are saving with the intention of going into part time business or lending long term low interest loans to businesses after 10yrs of savings.

In the thread " 7 things about Switzerland you don't know, the OP made us realise that some things were not automated in order to create jobs for book keepers because the swiss believe in low unemployment."

Where is the electricity for such?

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by cooljoe13: 5:30am On Sep 28, 2014
Track ur stolen phones nd laptop now.
olawaleboss..com.es/2014/09/how-to-track-your-loststolen-
phones-and.html?m=1
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by deb(m): 5:48am On Sep 28, 2014

You sounded like one of those who know the truth but still deliberately chose to be blinded by sentiments. If you knew all these and you are only scoring him 10% on just "this area" what makes you think that a very low and poor thinker like your GEJ can score beyond 10 in any other area?

Even you should make a better President than GEJ. Leadership is not about position it's about who we are. A lot of us don't just believe enough in ourselves that we think a fellow human being is better than us just by the virtue of the position mother luck afforded them.

If GEJ, in your honest opinion for the first time I guess, can score just 10% in what should be the basic knowledge of any Head of State of a nation, what else can he score above 10%? "If the foundation be destroyed what can the righteous do?" even if the "righteous" GEJ meant well? He simply cannot give what he does not have and that is where we find ourselves. GEJ is the president but he is not the one ruling. The guy na "Odeson"

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 28, 2014
was seun thinking of doing pdp good by moving this to the fp? alas it backfired.

2 Likes

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by yomanovic: 6:14am On Sep 28, 2014
Goddex:

Why?

Your statement with that of GEJ are whole body of contradictions. What statistics are you talking when his cliam is rather unfounded in the lives of Nigerians? Or you think say oyinbo man you dey follow talk for here?
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by otokx(m): 6:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Its the same way GEJ claims electricity supply has improved yet his alma matter even UNIPORT has been in darkness for months now yet bills keep coming.

1 Like

Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 28, 2014
where kerosene is still not affordable
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 28, 2014
because you and your are not hungry.God self know say na lie u dey lie.
Re: We’ve Reduced Poverty By 50% – Jonathan by spenca: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2014
The presidency just believe they can bamboozle their way around,has poverty reduced by 50% as an effect of deflation or per capital income?

In the time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell

#GEJlied

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Unrest At OSHODI In Lagos / Police Ban Officers From Demanding Customs Papers / Broom And Umbrella Which Is More Important?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.