Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,172 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? (3186 Views)

Story Of How I Met The Love Of My Live(with Pix) / 5 Signs You've Met Your Perfect Match! +/- / MARRIED OR SINGLE: How Do You Know When You've Met Or Are With The Right Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 12:34am On Sep 28, 2014
I mean the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know it's possible to let yourself believe someone is meant to be your soul mate and bla bla but how are you ever 100% sure?! The rate of divorce today is way too much and I believe the sole reason is people just run into marriage deluding themselves to thinking they are meant to be with someone when in reality this person might be the complete opposite of their true soulmate. I'm currently in a serious relationship and love this person truly but I just don't know if he is my soulmate, is there a 'litmus test' to know or do I just accept his proposal if and when he does? Cheers.

IX Ada XI
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by naijacentric(m): 12:46am On Sep 28, 2014
Wen its difficult to see d person's faults n u feel so much peace

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by suckerpunch: 1:16am On Sep 28, 2014
You can't be 100% sure someone is ur 'soulmate' and I doubt there's a 'litmus test' for identifying one.

Honestly, I don't believe there's anything like a soulmate. Having to spend the rest of ur life with someone is a matter of choice made from good questions: "Do i see myself living well with him/her? For the rest of my life? Does he/she truly loves and adorns me?. Am I willing to sacrifice ANYthing to make sure our relationship works? Am i willing to look pass his/her personality(the bad ones)? Do I foresee a peaceful environment with him/her?

You know, people use the term soulmate as an excuse for getting married to.someone based on their appearance or wealth..and they go like "I've found my soulmate!" But what happens when these factors get affected? Quarrels then divorce!

If you want a good relationship, u should know "determination, patience, acceptance, forgiveness, love and many other factors" is responsible for it..

If he happens to propose to you today, would u say yes or no? Without a second thought in ur heart..Even after reading this.

N.B: Two people don't need to be 'soulmates' to have a fulfilling relationship!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by libertyfather(m): 1:31am On Sep 28, 2014
Ask him.
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by naturally: 1:33am On Sep 28, 2014
When you feel the law of attraction and compatibility
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by AfricanApple(f): 1:35am On Sep 28, 2014
u can only know your soulmate by the time you around 70 and still loving each other.
for now u can only hope he is what you wish for

i am very sorry to say this, I do not mean to be insulting but your question about if you should just accept his proposal sounds foolish.
it makes u sound confused

u are d one wearing d shoe so u know where its paining u. u don't just expect us tell u to test him or accept his proposal when we know nothing of your relationship

if you truly love him like u said, you won't ask that question unless u are doubting him or he's done something to u

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by amakufrancis(m): 3:17am On Sep 28, 2014
AfricanApple: u can only know your soulmate by the time you around 70 and still loving each other.

i am very sorry to say this, I do not mean to be insulting but your question about if you should just accept his proposal sounds foolish.

u are d one wearing d shoe so u know where its paining u. u don't just expect us tell u to test him or accept his proposal when we know nothing of your relationship

if you truly love him like u said, you won't ask that question unless u are doubting him or he's done something to u
true talk
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by amakufrancis(m): 3:17am On Sep 28, 2014
AfricanApple: u can only know your soulmate by the time you around 70 and still loving each other.

true talk.
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by scribble: 3:28am On Sep 28, 2014
Check his haircream

Does he use soulmate product?

If so then your guess is as good as mine

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by chibwike(m): 4:04am On Sep 28, 2014
when d tym comes, u'd knw by default settings

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by brownlords: 4:54am On Sep 28, 2014
If he demand for s£x about 5 to 8 times a day he's your soulmate. Nonsense
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 5:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks for all the sensible responses, much appreciated

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by isokey: 5:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Uhmmmmmmmm
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by royalregal(f): 8:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
God knows the ending from the beginning.

Take the case to God,if it's God's will,he would reveal it to you.

He is not a liar or deceiver, his name is God of revelations.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2014
royalregal: God knows the ending from the beginning.

Take the case to God,if it's God's will,he would reveal it to you.

He is not a liar or deceiver, his name is God of revelations.

Thanks hun
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by mynd44bankrall: 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
There is this thing they rub on the body.
Its for knowing the real from the fake
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Yemlizzy(f): 9:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
Let time be the judge,it should decide to see how things will be in the long run.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 9:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
mynd44bankrall: There is this thing they rub on the body.
Its for knowing the real from the fake
What's it called please?
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Crocz(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mindependent: I mean the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know it's possible to let yourself believe someone is meant to be your soul mate and bla bla but how are you ever 100% sure?! The rate of divorce today is way too much and I believe the sole reason is people just run into marriage deluding themselves to thinking they are meant to be with someone when in reality this person might be the complete opposite of their true soulmate. I'm currently in a serious relationship and love this person truly but I just don't know if he is my soulmate, is there a 'litmus test' to know or do I just accept his proposal if and when he does? Cheers.

IX Ada XI

I've got the answer for this one:

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by mynd44bankrall: 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mindependent:
What's it called please?
if its you in your dp I won't advise you to use it. Its very fetish.
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 9:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yemlizzy: Let time be the judge,it should decide to see how things will be in the long run.
How long is long enough?
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
mynd44bankrall: if its you in your dp I won't advise you to use it. Its very fetish.

Hmm if you say so
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Yemlizzy(f): 9:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mindependent:
How long is long enough?
Six month for a start,if you both can withstand each other's flaws and still stand strong then you might be in for a blissful relationship ahead.

It requires a lot though to stand this test of time. How much can you take in of your partner's shortcoming? Time will tell like i said earlier. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 10:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Yemlizzy:
Six month for a start,if you both can withstand each other's flaws and still stand strong then you might be in for a blissful relationship ahead.

It requires a lot though to stand this test of time. How much can you take in of your partner's shortcoming? Time will tell like i said earlier. Good luck.

Cheers hun, I guess patience is key
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Tymax(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
This remains one of life's trickiest questions. Human beings are fickle. I thought I'd met my soulmate twice before but they changed their minds eventually. At some point I began to doubt my emotional eligibility. But I am a happy individual, I emerged from that mood and later realized that the problem wasn't my person. It was just life happening. Right now I am cautious 'cos people are not as they seem.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Mindependent(f): 10:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Tymax: This remains one of life's trickiest questions. Human beings are fickle. I thought I'd met my soulmate twice before but they changed their minds eventually. At some point I began to doubt my emotional eligibility. But I am a happy individual, I emerged from that mood and later realized that the problem wasn't my person. It was just life happening. Right now I am cautious 'cos people are not as they seem.
How\why did they change their mind? How are you sure you weren't the cause?
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by MrCork: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
Mindependent: I mean the one that you want to spend the rest of your life with. I know it's possible to let yourself believe someone is meant to be your soul mate and bla bla but how are you ever 100% sure?! The rate of divorce today is way too much and I believe the sole reason is people just run into marriage deluding themselves to thinking they are meant to be with someone when in reality this person might be the complete opposite of their true soulmate. I'm currently in a serious relationship and love this person truly but I just don't know if he is my soulmate, is there a 'litmus test' to know or do I just accept his proposal if and when he does? Cheers.

IX Ada XI

angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by MrCork: 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2014

IX Ada XI

..r u light skin? angry

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Tymax(m): 11:34am On Sep 29, 2014
Mindependent:
How\why did they change their mind? How are you sure you weren't the cause?
I discussed with them after the break up and they responded stubbornly. I evaluated my actions after each breakup because I am someone who hates to repeat a mistake. I am certain beyond any doubt that they left for selfish reasons. One of them admitted that much later.

Young people do not always appreciate good partners early enough and then they begin to build fantasies around other individuals who APPEAR to be angels.

I have learned that a man is easily burned when he is too good to be true. Cos deep down, women don't want a knight. They like tension and anxiety.
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 29, 2014
Na Jet Li get that question. #TeamTheOne

1 Like

Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2014

IX Ada XI
You never know... u just have to wing it... remember there are two hearts in this matter
.. Two thoughts...
Two of everything that u can imagine...
But the truth is if a guy really loves u, he'd respect u, then he'll give u more than enough reason to stay even when he doesn't know he's doing that...

Things just happen... never forced... never feigned... that doesn't mean there wouldn't be times when u feel like strangling him... but even in ur anger or his anger, u can still feel the love...

never forget that the best kind of lovers are those who are also friends...

All in all... u pray... and ask God to direct ur steps and never doubt ur guts..
Re: How Do You Know If And When You've Met The One? by MisterLongman(m): 8:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
Try getting on his nerves...... His reactions will go a long way in determining how you guys will relate in the future...... Like Marilyn Monroe's quote "If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best"

(1) (2) (Reply)

a / Guys How Do I Toast Girls On Nairaland / Is It Wrong To Have A Crush On A Nairalander You Haven't Met Before?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.