Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 PM

Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! (1230 Views)

"I Only Married And Stays With You Because Of The Way You Bang Me" -says My Wife / How My 10-year-old Demonic House Girl Was Having Sex With My 2-year-old Son / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by DickDastardly(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Experienced parents in the house, house do i reverse this? I and my wife are almost loosing our minds keeping vigil all night to nurse her undecided

HELP!
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by ITbomb(m): 2:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
She must be taking after one of you, ask unaself, who club pass between you and your wife

2 Likes

Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
DickDastardly: Experienced parents in the house, house do i reverse this? I and my wife are almost loosing our minds keeping vigil all night to nurse her undecided

HELP!

LOL, she's still too small to develop any sane sleeping patterns. So deal grin

It's really annoying, I know. But eventually, they do learn to sleep like normal people lol.
I do not envy you at all. Good luck trying to have a wink of sleep around a pissed-about-nothing two months old lol. They are the angriest at night. LMAO. I pity you & your wife. Shame. It'll pass smiley
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Tallesty1(m): 2:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
ITbomb: She must be taking after one of you, ask unaself, who club pass between you and your wife
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
OP, night baths help just a little. Baths do make babies sleepy.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by DickDastardly(m): 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thanks. Hope this helps undecided
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Eya, cheesy

what my sister and her husband do is, they take turns to look after the baby. Its still stressful though.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by olamonsor2: 2:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Just smiling. Datz is attack from d village o. Powers behind ur daughter sleepless night die.

2 Likes

Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by DickDastardly(m): 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
firstEVA: Eya, cheesy

what my sister and her husband do is, they take turns to look after the baby. Its still stressful though.
Exactly what we do but we are almost breaking down.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 28, 2014
DickDastardly:
Exactly what we do but we are almost breaking down.
sorry o, its one of those things, she will out grow it sha.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Sparkle777(f): 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
Same thing happend to me. But always feed her even while she sleeps at least every two to three hours. Bring her out during the day often. With time,she ll settle in. Also share the time and sleep when she does. Goodluck.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by allycat: 6:06am On Sep 29, 2014
At this stage they sleep in 3 hour cycles. During the day because you are awake it feels like she is always asleep and at night when you want to sleep it seems she follows her usual pattern sending you crazy. As she grows she starts sleeping longer stretches at night and staying awake longer in the day. It will pass. Just tell your wife to try and sleep anytime she sees baby asleep and not try to quickly do chores. Good luck!
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Ishilove: 10:27am On Sep 29, 2014
DickDastardly, so you are old enough to be married with a baby, and yet you come here for form teenager??

I don't believe you angry
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by okirewaju(f): 10:59am On Sep 29, 2014
Awwwwwww,this brings lots of memories

Not to worry, she'll outgrow it soon

Enjoy it while it last
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 29, 2014
She think that she is still inside the tommy,that is how their do in there,sleep during d day and play at night,she will get over it soon.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by onatisi(m): 3:42pm On Sep 29, 2014
Bunsky: She think that she is still inside the tommy,that is how their do in there,sleep during d day and play at night,she will get over it soon.
I love this comment
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by DickDastardly(m): 6:08pm On Sep 29, 2014
Ishilove: DickDastardly, so you are old enough to be married with a baby, and yet you come here for form teenager??

I don't believe you angry
tongue
Dey there naa wink
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by heavensown: 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2014
OP, this is perfectly normal.....They change and settle into normal patterns after sometime but it varies with every child. Some babies are already on an almost normal pattern after 3 to 4 weeks and for some, it takes months. I guess you never bargained for this but that is parenthood for you wink Try to sleep when they sleep especially your wife. I assume she is not back to work yet. That is the only way to get some rest. House chores, cooking and day to day activities should come secondary for now in order to get some rest. Hope you find this helpful.
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by DickDastardly(m): 7:05pm On Sep 29, 2014
heavensown: OP, this is perfectly normal.....They change and settle into normal patterns after sometime but it varies with every child. Some babies are already on an almost normal pattern after 3 to 4 weeks and for some, it takes months. I guess you never bargained for this but that is parenthood for you wink Try to sleep when they sleep especially your wife. I assume she is not back to work yet. That is the only way to get some rest. House chores, cooking and day to day activities should come secondary for now in order to get some rest. Hope you find this helpful.
Makes sense in theory cheesy wink thanks anyway
Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by MARKone(m): 7:31pm On Sep 29, 2014
grin

The guy say how e go reverse am.

Your wife neva abandon the baby with you, go another room, lock door, bone dey sleep, na only you go come do the night vigil that day. You no fit shout to avoid disturbing the neighbours.

Na for morning you go carry pikin, with red eyes, come meet am, hala

Woman! Don't try that thing again grin

But some babies can cry. She go soon stop am by the 5th month or 6th, should be her stomach.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help: My 2 Months Daughter Sleeps All Day And Stays Awake All Night! by natasha: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
My baby was like that also. Night was like his day time. His eyes would just be shining bright at night time like torchlight . We had to resort to drastic measures. We didn't allow him ANY nap at day times. Whenever he starts to slp we tickle him n make faces 2 keep him awake and amused till Arnd 7 pm. Then I bath him, his dad feeds him n by then, d poor guy is too tired 2 disturb any n just crashes till Arnd 3 am when he wakes up for a feed n crashes back till 7 am again.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

What Names Will You Like To Name You Children? / 8 Causes Of Marriage Failure You Must Avoid By Bamisepeters / See The One Reason Women Live Longer Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.