Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,097 members, 7,814,856 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

Feeling Guilty After The Breakup - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Feeling Guilty After The Breakup (1379 Views)

She Always Felt Guilty After Romance. / YOUR FIRST LOVE: How Long Did You Date And What Caused The Breakup? / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by inme: 4:36pm On Sep 28, 2014
I broke up with my Girlfriend 3 weeks ago. I was no longer comfortable with her attitude, so I sent her a text message that I was quitting the relationship. I was really upset that night when I sent the text, she tried calling me back that same day, but I didn't pick up.

Since then she hasn't called or sent a text message. But inside of me, I have been feeling guilty and all that. . . I feel I dumped her and I didn't give her a chance for us to talk things over. Even though we are going to break up, it shouldn't be that way.

HOW DO I GET OVER THIS GUILT?

NB: I honestly would like the relationship to end. But I am also ready to give us another chance
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by iceberylin(m): 4:38pm On Sep 28, 2014
ĨŚŃŤ ĨŤ ŐßVĨŐÚŚ undecided

ŚĤĔ ĎŐŚŃŤ ČÁŔĔ sad

2 Likes

Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 4:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
Hehehe...you don't even know what you want.

I know you want her to beg you. you were expecting she would continously beg you after the first call.

Dont go calling her except you are ready to do away with your ego.

If you feel she's still worth it, then get her back. You know her number just call her and tell her you wanna see her. Men discuss issues not walk out dishonarably. Your actions were childish. If she stills feels you she would gladly come back.

3 Likes

Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Tallesty1(m): 4:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
She dumped you first

1 Like

Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by ohwell: 4:53pm On Sep 28, 2014
inme: I broke up with my Girlfriend 3 weeks ago. I was no longer comfortable with her attitude, so I sent her a text message that I was quitting the relationship. I was really upset that night when I sent the text, she tried calling me back that same day, but I didn't pick up.

Since then she hasn't called or sent a text message. But inside of me, I have been feeling guilty and all that. . . I feel I dumped her and I didn't give her a chance for us to talk things over. Even though we are going to break up, it shouldn't be that way.

HOW DO I GET OVER THIS GUILT?

NB: I honestly would like the relationship to end. But I am also ready to give us another chance
You didnt break up with her in a gentleman's way, but that is in the past now. Lets look forward.
I dont think you should re-consider the relationship just because you feel guilty or feel sorry for letting her down in the way that you did.
You would be wasting your time and hers...If you dont love her anymore, but feel guilty, just call her and meet up to have a chat with her...discuss why you want to end it, and both of you can have your closure.
@iceberylin, the guy that said she doesnt care. I have been in her shoes and I called back twice, he didnt pick up so I figured, well, he is not in love with me anymore, doesnt want me anymore, has told me he doesnt want me anymore, and he isnt picking up. So even though I still loved him, i figured I couldnt force him to have feelings he didnt have so I stopped calling and tried to move on.
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
satope1: Hehehe...you don't even know what you want.

I know you want her to beg you. you were expecting she would continously beg you after the first call.

If you feel she's still worth it, then get her back. You know her number just call her and tell her you wanna see her. Men discuss issues not walk out dishonarably. Your actions were childish. If she stills feels you she would gladly come back.

Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by iceberylin(m): 4:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
ohwell:
You didnt break up with her in a gentleman's way, but that is in the past now. Lets look forward.
I dont think you should re-consider the relationship just because you feel guilty or feel sorry for letting her down in the way that you did.
You would be wasting your time and hers...If you dont love her anymore, but feel guilty, just call her and meet up to have a chat with her...discuss why you want to end it, and both of you can have your closure.
@iceberylin, the guy that said she doesnt care. I have been in her shoes and I called back twice, he didnt pick up so I figured, well, he is not in love with me anymore, doesnt want me anymore, has told me he doesnt want me anymore, and he isnt picking up. So even though I still loved him, i figured I couldnt force him to have feelings he didnt have so I stopped calling and tried to move on.
ŚĔĔ ŤĤĔ ĨŔŐŃŶ....
ŶŐÚ ČÁĹĹĔĎ ŤŴĨČĔ ŐŔ MŐŔĔ ßÚŤ ŚĤĔ ČÁĹĹĔĎ ŐŃČĔ ÁŚ ŤĤĔ ŐP ČĹÁĨMŚ (Ĩ ĎŐŃŤ ŤĤĨŃĶ ŚĤĔ ĔVĔŃ ČÁĹĹĔĎ :Ď)

MÁŶßĔ ŚĤĔ ŴÁŃŤĔĎ ŤŐ ŤĤÁŃĶ ĤĨM ŦŐŔ MÁĶĨŃĞ ŤĤĔ ßŔĔÁĶÚP winkĔÁŚŶ
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by inme: 5:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
satope1: Hehehe...you don't even know what you want.

Thanks bro

I am not waiting for her to beg me, at least I expect her to feel sorry for what she did.

@Bolded . . . I think I am going to call her then so we can talk about it
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by inme: 5:06pm On Sep 28, 2014
iceberylin: ĨŚŃŤ ĨŤ ŐßVĨŐÚŚ undecided

ŚĤĔ ĎŐŚŃŤ ČÁŔĔ sad

I know her too well. She care more than I do
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by iceberylin(m): 5:08pm On Sep 28, 2014
inme:

I know her too well. She care more than I do
ĎĤ ŦŐŐĹ yaself sad
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by djeezy(m): 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
You thought she would come begging and crying for you to forgive her. Dude if she hasn't contacted you then you've just given her what she wanted, a break up
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by hushmail: 6:07pm On Sep 28, 2014
you were looking for breakup she gave it to you on a platter of gold

now u are complaining

get over it

there are no easy ways to break up

methinks she already replaced u

b4 u thought of d breakup grin grin grin
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
andromida:

?
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
inme:

Thanks bro

I am not waiting for her to beg me, at least I expect her to feel sorry for what she did.

@Bolded . . . I think I am going to call her then so we can talk about it
But do your research. Nose around before doing anything to be sure she's still interested o.

Just discuss with her. No one is perfect. sometimes we try to call the bluff of our partners to test their loyalties although childish but you outgrow it.
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by kenex4ever(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
What I can see here is dat d girl has dumped u B4 u even did, 4 her nt to keep disturbing u then she clearly has been looking 4 a way to dump u. It's either she has anoda guy or she doesn't love u again.
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by kenex4ever(m): 6:46pm On Sep 28, 2014
What I can see here is dat d girl has dumped u B4 u even did, 4 her nt to keep disturbing u then she clearly has been looking 4 a way to dump u. It's either she has anoda guy or she doesn't love u again.
I KNOW U STILL LOVE HER but dnt go 4 her again because she doesn't care.
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by kenex4ever(m): 6:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
hushmail: you were looking for breakup she gave it to you on a platter of gold

now u are complaining

get over it

there are no easy ways to break up

methinks she already replaced u

b4 u thought of d breakup grin grin grin
Yea, and d OP must have noticed he is nt d only one dating her
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 6:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
satope1: ?

Your post was on point. (Made sense)
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Afrok(m): 7:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
That moment when ur ex would've being tired of the relationship but kept misbehaving so that U can take the final shot, U finally end the relationship and deep inside of him/her the relieve and smiles are written all over her and there U are walloping in quilt. Damn... When U call it quit, u've ended both the relationship and the quilt at once except U were really a bad partner.
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
andromida:

Your post was on point. (Made sense)
Oh ok. Thanks. I thought you were booking space... cheesy
Re: Feeling Guilty After The Breakup by inme: 8:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
Thank you guys for your comments. I will take the positives from here.

For those that said she's tired of relationship and was waiting for me to call the shot, I don't think that's right

We've been together since March, she spent her quality time with me, she's always shown that she loves me.

She carry me along in everything she does . . .

As human, we all have blemish, that's the part of her I am not cool with.

And I feel I cannot spend the rest of my life with such woman.

I could play along and pretend everything was fine when I know inside of me I am not cool with her attitude.

We've been talking about settling down . . . I didn't want her to be let down at the tail end

(1) (Reply)

In Your Own Words, Define/describe True Love In A Sentence / 10 Extremely Romantic Words You Should Say To Your Love / 6 Lies She's Been Telling You Since You Met.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.