Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (28216 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by moscobabs(m): 8:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Thats why I encourage sex before Marriage

But some gullible followers will call it sin meanwhile the pastor tasted his wife bfre marriage oo

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by odepacy: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2014
No
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by free2ryhme: 8:03am On Oct 05, 2014
bunmioguns:
Please I need your your opinions on this

It depends on the issue at hand
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2014
In the Catholic church it depends on the circumstances. If the for instance the man is aware of his condition and kept it from his partner before getting married, on that ground the church can annul the marriage. Meaning that the marriage never happened in the first place. Both if both parties are aware before marriage then the "aggrieved" party is on a "long thing".

3 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Dexema(m): 8:07am On Oct 05, 2014
There r oda ways
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Rolandonyi: 8:07am On Oct 05, 2014
It can be called off if one partner deceices the other party into such marriage knowing fully well that he or she has such problem and refused to disclose it during the period of courtship.

If however, the other party was carried along and then decided to disappoint the other party in order to make fool of him or her, then, it becomes a sin and such marriage cannot be desolved according to Catholic doctrine.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by M4gunners: 8:09am On Oct 05, 2014
As only Son of my Parent,i may not divorce her,but will definitely have a Child of my own . I hope you guys understand.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 05, 2014
moscobabs:
Thats why I encourage sex before Marriage

But some gullible followers will call it sin meanwhile the pastor tasted his wife bfre marriage oo
see your head. Haha. Anyway if your faith consider it a sin it is a sin no matter what reasons you may come up with. Though there are medical test to actually check that which I believe is one of the series of test recommended by church before joining couples in holy matrimony. You know sey before you become revered father for Catholic church dem go test you dey sure sey you no dey impotent and sterile too.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:15am On Oct 05, 2014
bunmioguns:
Please I need your your opinions on this
Blood of Jesus!
Bunmioguns, what happened to ya penni s?
Last Bullet
logically, they can be divorced if there's no remedy.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Akalia(m): 8:18am On Oct 05, 2014
The bible gave credence to divorce only on the basis of ifidelity, so going by that, it is wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:20am On Oct 05, 2014
my wahala na bury n shrewsbury them 2 mess me up, now i for don iron this ghana must go bag against tmao to go collect the awoof money, bury n shrewsbury diaris god oooooooo.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Freshboi: 8:22am On Oct 05, 2014
majorgr:
As a Christian, u are not under the world's counsel and government system but under the Kingdom of God governmental system. You see, in our kingdom, there is what is called health care scheme, which is better than any health scheme the world can provide. It is called HEALING! If there is a case of impotency, God will heal it and rectify the faults you just hav to bring ur husband to the point where his faith can allow access to the Healing powers of God. I just witness such a starling situation, after many years, a lady who culdnt conceive is now pregnant bucuz of her confession of faith!

Sometimes,I wonder how some people can be this daft? Though I do not doubt healing as a Christian,you still need the expertise of medical officers. Put yourself in the shoes of a woman whose husband has been discovered to be impotent. Would she be happy? Will she enjoy the union knowing fully well that her husband is shooting 'blanks'? Change your thinking....
#teambreadandbeans
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Odumani: 8:26am On Oct 05, 2014
Very insightfull. Better read the Holy Bible than use it as pillow.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by proxillin(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Say yes to sex before marriage .

U would have know if your hubby is impotent before marriage
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by sapientia(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2014
If he or she knew about it and yet deceived you.. Then.. To me.. Its chioma ajunwa.. But if they knew and put their trust in God.. He is able
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by sapientia(m): 8:33am On Oct 05, 2014
proxillin:
Say yes to sex before marriage .

U would have know if your hubby is impotent before marriage

haba... That a man can pound well n even pour does not mean he cant be impotent.. Nyways.. Sure hope the impotency meant here is the ability to pour or recieve what can germinate into a foetus

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by dBard: 8:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Was d 'marriage' consumated If no, then it's null. I.e , dre was no marriage.
If yes, going by Biblical principles, d ans is no. Adultery remains d only grounds f divorce
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by mcocolok(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2014
joedejana:
SYNAGOGUE IS NOT FAR AWAY.

Synagogue ke.... Make building collapse for my head coupled with fake arrangi miracle. Have faith in God and he will grant you your hrt desire
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by supereagle(m): 8:35am On Oct 05, 2014
No.It is death of a partner that ends it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Mbediogu(m): 8:36am On Oct 05, 2014
Not biblical. There was no consent between Adam and Eve. Their ages was not an issue. Conjugal act did not arise - they were asked to multiply and fill the earth which involves potency and fertility one of which is subject of the thread. We realise also the difference between legal and religious marriages.
The similarity between both types are emotional attachment and fact that children may result, otherwise they are utterly different.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by monex(m): 8:41am On Oct 05, 2014
if you werent aware of your partners impotency then NO. it is not wrong.

it is not actually a divorce as there was no marriage in the first place.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 8:41am On Oct 05, 2014
personally, I preach sex before marriage - atleast after introduction, as a matter of fact, I'm going to make sure my fiancee is pregnant before she becomes my wife, it might be wrong but not being able to procreate in a marraige might lead you to doing even something more wrong, couples with the 'trying to concieve' status go through hell - especially the wife.

Test each other's engine before driving home, God will understand.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by zigger(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
If the both of them agreed to it then no P
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2014
immortalcrown:
My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.

Let me shock everyone with this

The only reason that is justifiable for divorce is sexual infidelity and frank enough this has to do with the woman infidelity and not the man.
Lets read once again this passage and while we all know that when he is used in the bible, it is probably making reference to bothe sexes but in this particular passage regarding marriage,it is specific:

Matthew 5:32: But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Any woman who divorces her husband due to sexual infidelity is making the greatest mistake of their lives because a man is polygamous by nature and even great men in the bible married more than one woman, talking about Abraham,David,Solomon and even many more.

Furthermore, we know you cant remain single forever and what is the guarantee that the new man you will be with will not even do worse?

My advice for randy husband is this;Be reasonable if you must commit your sin that will definitely land you in hell but while you don't mind rotting in hell,please respect yourself,your marriage and that woman in your life and do your sexcapades as far as you can without ridiculing your wife by doing it to her face.

For a woman faced with a randy hubby, please pray for him and warn him to use a protection,and probably focus on your life and that of your children. As long as he does that madness far far from you, just forget about that and live your life happily because if you leave him, trust me, another lady will come in and he will forget you in a flash so why give that hopeless loosed husband snatcher the luxury to take over your home.

Consider any other lady that wants your man as foolish,hopeless and a terrible sorry case looking for affection with desperation and this taught alone will make you feel good and happy.

As per the impotence thing, there must always be a way out except its spiritual which also has a way out so rather than seek for divorce,seek for solution.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by benarex(m): 9:01am On Oct 05, 2014
My people, God is not in support of divorce for any reason whatsoever. Taking a look at the stories of Abraham and Sarah, and how Samuel was born you'll understand that the union called marriage must be endured. Patience is the keyword.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
benarex:
My people, God is not in support of divorce for any reason whatsoever. Taking a look at the stories of Abraham and Sarah, and how Samuel was born you'll understand that the union called marriage must be endured. Patience is the keyword.

The only reason i support a man divorcing his wife is sexusl infidelity and for the woman,repeated physical assault. any other reason can be worked out and infact tolerated.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by tdept: 9:04am On Oct 05, 2014
born2fuck:
Being a christian doesn't mean you should be mumu, even Jesus was never mumu as people of now a days Christianity, I remember dem David, Solomon, Elijah, and Moses, all of dem sharp. If your marriage have issue, divorced and get a new life, there is always room for forgiveness
u b capital mumu grin
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by deor03(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
M4gunners:
As only Son of my Parent,i may not divorce her,but will definitely have a Child of my own . I hope you guys understand.

What if you're the impotent party? So she can go ahead and have her child. Afterall we guys understand

@OP
Yes , it is wrong to end a marriage because of impotency. Marriage is a total package.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by wiringdpt(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes you can and religion has nothing to do with it.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by chibaik(m): 9:06am On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:
The question here should be: was there ever a marriage to start with?

In my view, a number of factors must be considered before someone can truly claim that he or she is married.

1) The union must be one entered with full consent.
2) The couples must be able to consummate the union via the conjugal act.
3) The couples must have attained the age of reasoning.

Without those 3, there is no marriage. A man who is impotent would have defaulted on at least one of the above. The lady would be right to ask for a dissolution of the union as divorce does not come to play here.

So na only men dey dey impotent?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by lastpage: 9:10am On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:
The question here should be: was there ever a marriage to start with?

In my view, a number of factors must be considered before someone can truly claim that he or she is married.

1) The union must be one entered with full consent.
2) The couples must be able to consummate the union via the conjugal act.
3) The couples must have attained the age of reasoning.

Without those 3, there is no marriage. A man who is impotent would have defaulted on at least one of the above. The lady would be right to ask for a dissolution of the union as divorce does not come to play here.

Three Gbosaa, for YOU! 1,...2,...3!!

But let me see it from a different angle:
Marriage is supposed ot last a life-time.
"Shex", leading to procreation is a big part of the "contract"... even the Bible said "Spouse should NOT DENY each other (Shex)"!
Impotency on the other hand implies that one spouse WILL DENY the other of Shex ... since S/He can perform! (whether self-inflicted or not, does not really matter)

but what strikes me is that No Man or Woman will "WILLINGLY" marry an impotent spouse!

In view of the above, it seems the impotent partner must either have "intentionally" deceived the other spouse of their "sexual condition" or the issue did not come up at all before marriage.

If it is the former, then the marriage could be said to be null and void (deceit)

If it is the latter, then may be the question 'Op' should be asking is: Should intending Couples "sample" each other before tying the knot?
Because me don buy "No Testing Fridge" before, .....come carry am reach house, the thing no come work! angry angry
Come see wahala for Deadi-Bodi!
shocked shocked

My advice: Once you are engaged and very certain of going ahead with the marriage very soon, please "sample the product", God forbid you come be like wey carry Fridge reach house finish only t discover say na "condemn' na im l buy!
Dat one na total loss!

You will not believe the number of marriages that CRASH as a result of something as simple as sexual imcompatibility!
If you doubt me, go to a customary court and just listen to the proceedings (Remember to be quiet o, one yeye Judge nearly jail me and my friend in those days, if not that we still had our secondary school uniform on us, when we busted out laughing during one funny divorce case like dat! You are warned.)

Lastpage!
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 9:12am On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:

Um, you won't see those mentioned explicitly in sacred scriptures but they are all implied. In my view, they are 'biblical'.

There is no place for divorce in N Testament.There is place for seperatn without divorce.

Ur response is 'the opinion of men' not the word of God for xtians.

For xtians who exercise faith in God, nothg is impossible not even impotency- ask Abraham.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones / Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.