Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (28215 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 10:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
and if the woman is barren and the man is good to go?

The same thg applies if d woman is baren - ask Abraham.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Mynd44: 10:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

A BOLD YES as long as he does it far far away without doing it to her face

95 out of a 100 guys will cheat on their wives even if they have the sexiest women in the world as wives
We need a slap smiley. Or maybe send it via PM
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by freecocoa(f): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
For Christian men who will not stay with a barren woman despite the bible preaches that there will not be any barrenness in the land,i ask,if you find yourself impotent,do you expect your wife to sacrifice and stay with you?Without cheating,ever loving,caring and understanding.LETS learn to make the best out of any situation in marriage.There is always a favourable way out for both parties to enjoy and to live on.
Just to be sure, you do know that infertility and impotence are two different things, right?

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 10:09am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:

We need a slap smiley. Or maybe send it via PM

Why? I no dey right?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 10:12am On Oct 05, 2014
booqee:
Ok somewhere in the Bible: go ye into the world and multiply. grin
But then again, Marriage is till death do you part.

Well except in a case where the person caused it himself and didn't tell his/her partner, I don't think its nice or good to leave a partner because of impotency. He or she didn't choose to be or create himself. It could even happen to you who want to separate cos of that reason. You're just lucky God didn't create u dat way.

Never going to happen to me in Jesus name tho but I wouldn't do such.
[color=#990000][/color]. Point of correction,impotency is'nt an inherent problem,it is simply caused by man-made factors.A man can be impotent for life,if he had untreated mumps as a child,untreated STDs especially Syphilis as an adult & if he has a spirit wife. A woman can be impotent in marriage,if she damaged her womb thru an abortion by a quack in her single days,untreated STDs & if she has a spirit husband. That's all for now.Above all,it pays to be health-conscious & prayerful at all times,cos that's the only weapon.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 05, 2014
[quote
author=freecocoa post=26876828]Just to be sure, you do know that
infertility and impotence are two different things, right?[/quote]I know.Impotent men can still pregnant a woman,but infertile men cannot.For me,no much difference,just two sides of same ugly coin.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by M4gunners: 10:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
impotency is when a man has unable to keep himself erect during sex, women dont have erection problems
Are you now explaining what impotency mean to me or what?If you didn't understand my comment I'm sorry can't help you further.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by freecocoa(f): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
I know.Impotent men can still pregnant a woman,but infertile men cannot.For me,no much difference,just two sides of same ugly coin.
Hmm, I bet you also know how exhausting it will be to try and have babies with an impotent man, not to talk of the lack of intimacy via penetration, you saying you can knowing go into a union with an impotent man?

Well, to each his own.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by mamarika: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2014
The wisdom of man is the foolishness of God!
keemaQ:
personally, I preach sex before marriage - atleast after introduction, as a matter of fact, I'm going to make sure my fiancee is pregnant before she becomes my wife, it might be wrong but not being able to procreate in a marraige might lead you to doing even something more wrong, couples with the 'trying to concieve' status go through hell - especially the wife.

Test each other's engine be for drive home, God will understand
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2014
M4gunners:
Are you now explaining what impotency mean to me or what?If you didn't understand my comment I'm sorry can't help you further.
well you are confusing it with infertility, so i just had to make it clear that its not the same thing smiley
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by benz33(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
i believe i am, getting married because i love,cherish and wish to spend my natural life with a well deserved companion..Kids are added advantage.I can not and will not,in all my existence in this life and in the after divorce my husband on that groun.Impotency is not and will not be the basis to measure my marriage.It won't even bring chaos.It sure can bring one thing and that's redemption.I will prove to him that he has got me,we must find a way to have children of our own,if he choose to be open minded.Impotency to me is Nothing.Not even my parents,friends will ever know nada!Not even the gods!!

LADIES LIKE YOU ARE RARE......If you can stay by your man on this, then the man must worship you and i know your husband will not have issues with you financially and material wise. Good one from you. But its easier said than done.....Impressed.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 10:32am On Oct 05, 2014
[quote
author=freecocoa post=26877135]Hmm, I bet you also know how exhausting
it will be to try and have babies with an impotent man, not to talk of
the lack of intimacy via penetration, you saying you can knowing go into
a union with an impotent man?

Well, to each his own.[/quote]I know its really a difficult thing to live with,infertility is way bette,But owing to my natur,my mentality,i know i can cope.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by M4gunners: 10:35am On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
well you are confusing it with infertility, so i just had to make it clear that its not the same thing smiley
Hmmm ok.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 05, 2014
[quote
author=benz33 post=26877287]

LADIES LIKE YOU ARE RARE......If you can stay by your man on this,
then the man must worship you and i know your husband issues with you
financially and material wise. Good one from you. But its easier said
than done.....Impressed.[/quote]Well,i all my sexcapades,datescapades,frolicapescheesy,i have come to realise that i most attracted and focused to challenging circumstances.Its not a religious thing,I can wake up tomorrow dump a guy with full legs for a cripple.I dont give a dam..That's what my head accepts.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Kirinwa: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2014
immortalcrown:
My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.

As a matter of fact there's no reason for divorce because divorce on grounds of adultery was given in old testament cos of their sturbornness but New testament says stay married Until death do you part.

What baffles me is that some preachers divorce and remarry. Whatever informs that decision.

Besides op I guess you are still single cos I cant fathom how a married person was asleep during declaration of marriage oaths.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Kirinwa: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2014
immortalcrown:
My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.

As a matter of fact there's no reason for divorce because divorce on grounds of adultery was given in old testament cos of their sturbornness but New testament says stay married Until death do you part.

What baffles me is that some preachers divorce and remarry. Whatever informs that decision.

Besides op I guess you are still single cos I cant fathom how a married person was asleep during declaration of marriage oaths.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by akinades71(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2014
An impotent person is not expected to enter into an marriage. Contract in the fist place when well aware of his condition except if the other party is aware of it before the marriage is consummated is an integral part of the component that keep marriage going,if any party is not able to discharge his conjugal responsibility on an account of impotency,it can lead to infidelity which is even worse than divorce.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kamo2930yahoo(f): 10:55am On Oct 05, 2014
lanrefront1:
You didn't explain yourself well.

Are you taking about couples who have been married for many or several years and something now happened to the husband?

(There is female impotency too but the I'll assume we're talking about that of the male since it's the most common and understandable)

Then the second scenario: a man and woman gets married and the wife discovers that the husband is impotent. Such a marriage can definitely be dissolved by church elders or authority.
there is no Bible believing church that would dissolve a marriage cos of impoteny, it's a big lie.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by proxillin(m): 10:58am On Oct 05, 2014
sapientia:

haba... That a man can pound well n even pour does not mean he cant be impotent.. Nyways.. Sure hope the impotency meant here is the ability to pour or recieve what can germinate into a foetus

Impotency is different from infertility
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kennie17(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
No marriage should be contract at first if the conjugal rites cannot be well perform by the man,it is part and has a huge value in a marriage
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kamo2930yahoo(f): 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
born2fuck:
Being a christian doesn't mean you should be mumu, even Jesus was never mumu as people of now a days Christianity, I remember dem David, Solomon, Elijah, and Moses, all of dem sharp. If your marriage have issue, divorced and get a new life, there is always room for forgiveness
the Bible says divorce should only come when there is adultery, and you are to forgive 7o times 7 times a day, that is 490. which one is mumu there now?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by benz33(m): 11:07am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
I know its really a difficult thing to live with,infertility is way bette,But owing to my natur,my mentality,i know i can cope.

....Hmmmmm You have commented well in your first comment, but you are trying to make your stand worse again with some new things that are coming from you now. I will advise you stand by your word. But is still think its easier said than done.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by josite: 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014
IF THE IMPOTENCY has not always been there,if it develops after the marriage.it is best to take it as a sickness and a christian is certainly not the person that abandons a sick person cus of sickness,so it is wrong for a christain to abandon a spouse cus of impotence or sickness.

if however a christain elects to be human as most of us christians often do ,expecting GOD to understand,the spouse should be ly and kindly given the options to suggest an acceptable man that will be providing the much needed sex/sperm as many of our forefathers faced with the same challenge used to do or better still to agree to a divorce cus it is best to leave rather than cause the impotent man additional pain.it may even be that GOD wants to bless the impotent man and he wants you to be out of his life before he does so.dont be suprised the moment you abandon the impotent man,he becomes potent and gives your best friend a triplet producing pregnancy.

marriage is created by law and the law of nigeria allows you to divorce if the guy cannot consume u.note however a man may be potent meaning he has good erection and yet not virile.so you need to say the exact definition of impotence cos quite a number of men that dont have a good enough erection for appreciable length of time are virile meaning if their sperm drops inot your pussy,u get pregnant meaning they are impotent by reason of no erection but potent by being capable of having productive sperm.

if you mean he is not virle,not productive and you really waant to have kids,i will advise you divorce if both of u cannot aggreed on another man impregnating u.Atimes impotency arises out of incompatibility from heaven or hell and change of partners resolves the issue as one of the partners may be labouring under an unbroken curse.

It is evil to hold down a man or woman into the marriage if they dont want to stay.as paul says let the unbelieving spouse departs if they want to.A SMART,WISE,GODLY imptent man will not force the spouse to say if she wants to leave,let her go especially if she is approaching menopause.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kamo2930yahoo(f): 11:11am On Oct 05, 2014
datguru:
For true christians, when I say christians, I mean genuine born again children of God, DEATH should be the only thing that will end your marriage, GOD HEALS IMPOTENCY, he can give womb to a woman without womb, so the deal is to keep believing God for a miracle, GOD has his own time table and calendar very different from our own, HE will perfect it in HIS time.
best comment.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kamo2930yahoo(f): 11:18am On Oct 05, 2014
NairaMode:
Without mincing words and as a direct answer to your question with reference to the Bible using my own interpretation, the answer is Capital NO!.
The Christian Bible says: "On no occasion should you divorce your spouse except for adultery".

That being said, if you ask for my personal opinion next time, I will oblige.
the question says IS IT WRONG? And u said NO? Your answer ought to be YES judging by your reasons.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by xtervaganza(m): 11:25am On Oct 05, 2014
What happened to miracle election?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 05, 2014
I dont understand your words.Never said its easy,but what's actually easy,can be hard for some?is living atall easy?There are situations in marriage i cant go into,which is much preferable to some folks.But in respect of impotence,infertility,my husband should have no worries.its okay.BUT all i want is the truth and at the right time(onset).I want to marry him based on all truth,that way,i will be willing to adjust gradually and successfully to what is on ground.Its not easy,but it is not impossible[quote
author=benz33 post=26877927]

....Hmmmmm You have commented well in your first comment, but you are
trying to make your stand worse again with some new things that are
coming from you now. I will advise you stand by your word. But is still
think its easier said than done.[/quote]
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by sleinadczar: 11:29am On Oct 05, 2014
Why is it always christians? Why una no D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ ask weda e D̶̲̥̅̊є̲̣̥y̲̅ right for muslims to do some kind things? Na onli christianity be religion for this world? HYPOCRITES
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Obamedo: 11:33am On Oct 05, 2014
A a marriage must be a marriage in order for you to consider a divorce on any grounds
A marriage entered into with one party withholding vital information such as the ability to have children is a marriage based on falsehood and isngrounds for annulment rather than divorce ie the marriage was never valid

Scenario 1. A woman gets married to a man knowing fully well she has a congenital problem such as a chromosomal abnormality which prevents her from conceiving without informing the man. She has will fully withheld vital information from the man with severe implications and he was this deceived into marriage. According to law the marriage is not valid because there was no dull disclosure even if it has been consummated. It is up to the man to decide if he wants an annulment or not.

A similar scenario is a man who marries a sex change woman who was formerly a man with no disclosure.

Scenario 2. A couple have been married for several years and the man develops impotency over time due to health issues. I've diabetes and smoking. There are no grounds for divorce biblically. The marriage can also not be annulled as it has been consummated. Infertility is not grounds for divorce or even annulment if there is no prior knowledge.

There is a difference between infertility and impotency.
All views are my own and given without prejudice.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

Let me shock everyone with this

The only reason that is justifiable for divorce is sexual infidelity and frank enough this has to do with the woman infidelity and not the man.
Lets read once again this passage and while we all know that when he is used in the bible, it is probably making reference to bothe sexes but in this particular passage regarding marriage,it is specific:

Matthew 5:32: But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife,except for sexual immorality, makes her the victim of adultery, and anyone who marries a divorced woman commits adultery.

Any woman who divorces her husband due to sexual infidelity is making the greatest mistake of their lives because a man is polygamous by nature and even great men in the bible married more than one woman, talking about Abraham,David,Solomon and even many more.

Furthermore, we know you cant remain single forever and what is the guarantee that the new man you will be with will not even do worse?

My advice for randy husband is this;Be reasonable if you must commit your sin that will definitely land you in hell but while you don't mind rotting in hell,please respect yourself,your marriage and that woman in your life and do your sexcapades as far as you can without ridiculing your wife by doing it to her face.

For a woman faced with a randy hubby, please pray for him and warn him to use a protection,and probably focus on your life and that of your children. As long as he does that madness far far from you, just forget about that and live your life happily because if you leave him, trust me, another lady will come in and he will forget you in a flash so why give that hopeless loosed husband snatcher the luxury to take over your home.

Consider any other lady that wants your man as foolish,hopeless and a terrible sorry case looking for affection with desperation and this taught alone will make you feel good and happy.

As per the impotence thing, there must always be a way out except its spiritual which also has a way out so rather than seek for divorce,seek for solution.
You are wrong and no true christian should believe your epistle.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Thebrightest(m): 11:42am On Oct 05, 2014
booqee:
Ok somewhere in the Bible: go ye into the world and multiply. grin
But then again, Marriage is till death do you part.

Well except in a case where the person caused it himself and didn't tell his/her partner, I don't think its nice or good to leave a partner because of impotency. He or she didn't choose to be or create himself. It could even happen to you who want to separate cos of that reason. You're just lucky God didn't create u dat way.

Never going to happen to me in Jesus name tho but I wouldn't do such.
After reading your comment, i finally know i have found somebody who will love me for what i am.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 05, 2014
deor03:

What if you're the impotent party? So she can go ahead and have her child. Afterall we guys understand

@OP
Yes , it is wrong to end a marriage because of impotency. Marriage is a total package.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones / Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.