Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner (28214 Views)

Is It Wrong To Call The Name Of Jesus During Sex? / Is It Right For Christians To Seek For Signs And Wonders? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 05, 2014
i believe i am, getting married because i love,cherish and wish to spend my natural life with a well deserved companion..Kids are added advantage.I can not and will not,in all my existence in this life and in the after divorce my husband on that groun.Impotency is not and will not be the basis to measure my marriage.It won't even bring chaos.It sure can bring one thing and that's redemption.I will prove to him that he has got me,we must find a way to have children of our own,if he choose to be open minded.Impotency to me is Nothing.Not even my parents,friends will ever know nada!Not even the gods!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by ENDTIMES: 9:14am On Oct 05, 2014
Impotency before marriage - YES, impotency occurring during the marriage - NO.

Don't go further for the truth.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by M4gunners: 9:15am On Oct 05, 2014
deor03:

What if you're the impotent party? So she can go ahead and have her child. Afterall we guys understand

@OP
Yes , it is wrong to end a marriage because of impotency. Marriage is a total package.
Truly if am the impotent one,i we advice her to divorce me,but if she refuses then as a Woman she knows what to do for us to have a Child even if I'm not the biological Father of the Child.In my own dictionary there's nothing like love in a marriage with At least a Child.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by lastpage: 9:16am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

The only reason i support a man divorcing his wife is sexusl infidelity a[b]nd for the woman,repeated physical assault[/b]. any other reason can be worked out and infact tolerated.

You mean a man does not have the right to divorce his wife who "repeatedly, physically assault him"?
Okay, until dem beat the man to coma... and im come pass-on, na dat time you go know say, sexu@l violence is not exclusive to men alone and "Man" sef get blood for body!
shocked shocked shocked

Advice: Dont marry a woman who is physically stronger than you (Me, l cannot separate fight where the man is crying and calling for help: People please come Ooooo, she wan kill me Oooo!! shocked shocked grin

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
i believe i am, getting married because i love,cherish and wish to spend my natural life with a well deserved companion..Kids are added advantage.I can not and will not,in all my existence in this life and in the after divorce my husband on that groun.Impotency is not and will not be the basis to measure my marriage.It won't even bring chaos.It sure can bring one thing and that's redemption.I will prove to him that he has got me,we must find a way to have children of our own,if he choose to be open minded.Impotency to me is Nothing.Not even my parents,friends will ever know nada!Not even the gods!!

WOW! I am impressed

Hope this is not lip talk sha.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2014
lastpage:

You mean a man does not have the right to divorce his wife who "repeatedly, physically assault him"?
Okay, until dem beat the man to coma... and im come pass-on, na dat time you go know say, sexu@l violence is not exclusive to men alone and "Man" sef get blood for body!
shocked shocked shocked

Advice: Dont marry a woman who is physically stronger than you (Me, l cannot separate fight where the man is crying and calling for help: People please come Ooooo, she wan kill me Oooo!! shocked shocked grin

Lastpage!

LMAO! You are cracking me up. Are you saying some women beat their husbands? Na wa o
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by lastpage: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

WOW! I am impressed

Take note: The issue raised throughout was about "having children"!

She never said she would not go out to "satisfy her sexu@l urge"... which is a natural thing and you cant expect a just married woman to be without shex, for life.
To think so is to fool oursleves, even the "Mother/Nuns" in the convent have found a way to circumvent that vow. wink wink wink

Lastpage!
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by pappy2000: 9:20am On Oct 05, 2014
Pls the question is can impotency be cured
What are the remedy. One of my friend is impotent and I will appreciate if anyone can help him in terms of drugs or herbs. He said his was due to masturbation
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by M4gunners: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2014
lastpage:

shocked shocked shocked

Lastpage!
Hahaha bros you funny o.Na da one be d worst.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 9:22am On Oct 05, 2014
born2fuck:
Being a christian doesn't mean you should be mumu, even Jesus was never mumu as people of now a days Christianity, I remember dem David, Solomon, Elijah, and Moses, all of dem sharp. If your marriage have issue, divorced and get a new life, there is always room for forgiveness

For b.a xtians, there is no place for divorce but for sepertn without divorce.
Impotent Abraham was not divorced by Sarah.
D pple u called sharpmen faced conseqences for there action.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

WOW! I am impressed

I am not impressing anyone.What for?I am naturally an open minded persona.No doubt,i can actually walk down the aisle with an impotent man,i he reveals that to me.Got no pros with that.
Toks2008:

WOW! I am impressed

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Melahou(m): 9:24am On Oct 05, 2014
Yes it's wrong and

No its not if there is no full disclosure of the impotence before the marriage
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
I am not impressing anyone.What for?I am naturally an open minded persona.No doubt,i can actually walk down the aisle with an impotent man,i he reveals that to me.Got no pros with that.

This one is strong o shocked
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 9:31am On Oct 05, 2014
djeezy:
The Bible said go ye into the world and multiply. Well that's an aside. No doubt marriage is meant to be for better for worse. Meaning once you've in, you can't get out. Of course the bible knew this was harsh and created an exception, cases of infidelity. Well if there's room for one exception. Surely enough to accommodate more. One of the elements of a valid marriage is consummation and I see no way an impotent man can achieve that and so the marriage should be treated as never existed in the first place. So a spouse can want out.

'one of d elements of a valid marriage is procreation' is d opinion of men. D primary purpose for marriage is companionship. -' it is not good for a man to be alone.I will make him an help suitable for him.'
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 05, 2014
in
terms of sex,no be toys full ground brekete..Him go wear am like belt
for waist o jare.During the kwokirikwo,i want to only see his face and eyes
not his dicckk.cheesy wink
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 05, 2014
olubukato:

This one is strong o shocked
Wetin strong :p
i don even tire to dey knack sef! cheesy cheesy wink sad
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by born2boink(m): 9:37am On Oct 05, 2014
tdept:
u b capital mumu grin
U bi first class mugun
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 05, 2014
immortalcrown:
My answer to your question is capital YES because the holy bible especially the New Testament which is the main constitution that governs christians did not mention 'impotency' as a reason for divorce.
and if the woman is barren and the man is good to go?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 9:42am On Oct 05, 2014
Freshboi:

Sometimes,I wonder how some people can be this daft? Though I do not doubt healing as a Christian,you still need the expertise of medical officers. Put yourself in the shoes of a woman whose husband has been discovered to be impotent. Would she be happy? Will she enjoy the union knowing fully well that her husband is shooting 'blanks'? Change your thinking....
#teambreadandbeans

'The wisdom of God is foolishness to men'. W serve a miracle workg God - ask Abraham.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 05, 2014
M4gunners:
As only Son of my Parent,i may not divorce her,but will definitely have a Child of my own . I hope you guys understand.
impotency is when a man is unable to keep himself erect during sex, women dont have erection problems

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by AreaFada2: 9:45am On Oct 05, 2014
majorgr:
As a Christian, u are not under the world's counsel and government system but under the Kingdom of God governmental system. You see, in our kingdom, there is what is called health care scheme, which is better than any health scheme the world can provide. It is called HEALING! If there is a case of impotency, God will heal it and rectify the faults you just hav to bring ur husband to the point where his faith can allow access to the Healing powers of God. I just witness such a starling situation, after many years, a lady who culdnt conceive is now pregnant bucuz of her confession of faith!

Even without faith it can still happen. It's mostly biology. I have seen it in people of no faith! I'm in a position to know.

Give Caesars's thing to Caesar: good Christians are counselled to find ways to obey human laws without compromising religious law.

I know a man in 9ja (the type that spends lots of days away in these Pentecostal church camps and can't be reached on phone). He waited for over 10 years for his wife to conceive, no way. He later tried IVF and got a set of twins.

Some people use IVF but won't tell the truth but testify in church as a miracle.

Having said that, faith is good for biology/body by helping to ameliorate hopelessness and stress, which promotes good health.

Good health gives the body the best chance to function properly.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by 2mNaira: 9:48am On Oct 05, 2014
sapientia:

haba... That a man can pound well n even pour does not mean he cant be impotent.. Nyways.. Sure hope the impotency meant here is the ability to pour or recieve what can germinate into a foetus

There is a difference btw impotence and infertility.A potent man can be infertile; an impotent man can be fertile.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by SisterCaro(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2014
I do not think that it is wrong, but if they do decide to stay married the woman should be allowed to have her own children and service partner, body no be firewood jare! No woman should suffer and die of Konji because her husband has a weak diccck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 05, 2014
For Christian men who will not stay with a barren woman despite the bible preaches that there will not be any barrenness in the land,i ask,if you find yourself impotent,do you expect your wife to sacrifice and stay with you?Without cheating,ever loving,caring and understanding.LETS learn to make the best out of any situation in marriage.There is always a favourable way out for both parties to enjoy and to live on.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Kay17: 9:52am On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:
The question here should be: was there ever a marriage to start with?

In my view, a number of factors must be considered before someone can truly claim that he or she is married.

1) The union must be one entered with full consent.
2) The couples must be able to consummate the union via the conjugal act.
3) The couples must have attained the age of reasoning.

Without those 3, there is no marriage. A man who is impotent would have defaulted on at least one of the above. The lady would be right to ask for a dissolution of the union as divorce does not come to play here.

It begs the question: who defines marriage, God or the State?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Danhumprey: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:
Wetin strong :p
i don even tire to dey knack sef! cheesy cheesy wink sad
You sure? Abi to 'knack' dey hungry you right now?grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by kjhova(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2014
lynpetra:

Thanks @lynpetra for being different. So many Christians scream "LOVE" daily in public but when the chance presents itself to demonstrate that Christ-like sacrificial love...they show there true demoniac colour!

BTW: @OP, impotence is a different situation from infertility. I noticed many posters here ignorantly use both terms interchangeably.

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Kay17: 9:54am On Oct 05, 2014
striktlymi:

Um, you won't see those mentioned explicitly in sacred scriptures but they are all implied. In my view, they are 'biblical'.

I don't think they are implied.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Kay17: 9:56am On Oct 05, 2014
majorgr:
As a Christian, u are not under the world's counsel and government system but under the Kingdom of God governmental system. You see, in our kingdom, there is what is called health care scheme, which is better than any health scheme the world can provide. It is called HEALING! If there is a case of impotency, God will heal it and rectify the faults you just hav to bring ur husband to the point where his faith can allow access to the Healing powers of God. I just witness such a starling situation, after many years, a lady who culdnt conceive is now pregnant bucuz of her confession of faith!

But the secularists are not impressed with the healthcare system catering for the Christian body. Ebola, Hiv, Cancer, etc still plague the church, where is the healthcare system for it?
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Toks2008:

The only reason i support a man divorcing his wife is sexusl infidelity and for the woman,repeated physical assault. any other reason can be worked out and infact tolerated.
so a woman should tolerate a man cheating so long he doesn't beat up her undecided
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by Toks2008(m): 10:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Mondisweets:
so a woman should tolerate a man cheating so long he doesn't beat up her undecided

A BOLD YES as long as he does it far far away without doing it to her face

95 out of a 100 guys will cheat on their wives even if they have the sexiest women in the world as wives

Beating up a lady is a different ball game. It is barbaric,idiotic,foolish,beastly and even totally cray and i will never advice any lady to tolerate that shit.

Once could be a mistake but the second time shows its a habit and such lady should run before its too late for her but sharp tongue ladies should also mellow down but no matter how sharp tongued a lady can be,no man ought to beat up a lady for any reason.
Re: Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner by freecocoa(f): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2014
How did you end up marrying an impotent man in the first place?

Except the person became impotent after marriage, then I say, till death do you part.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Becky Enenche Warns Married Women Against Checking Their Husband’s Phones / Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.