Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today (26022 Views)

Pardon Soldiers Arrested For Mutiny Against Bokoharam- Ezekwesili Begs Buhari / Five Ex-permanent Secretaries To Face Trial For Alleged Corruption / UN Moves To Stop Execution Of 54 Soldiers For Mutiny (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by coolchimex: 3:23pm On Sep 30, 2014
If only the authorities can investigate the root cause of their mutiny, but will they? No! Why? Because it will open an overwhelming canker worm of corruption and tribal/ethnic/religious bigotry.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by austinereds(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
jst leave all this young boys alone its just cruel
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2014
honprof1: He who calls Nigeria Army coward, is not only a mediocre but also not fited in this society .. Ur comment simply shows ur nursing of suppressed beef for Nigerian army ; fine u could have had encounter with them out of ur carlessness or other related silly act to deserve being punished..
I advice u to source for more knowledge on this ongoing unrest situation in the norh east .

The more u look the less u see in Nigeria so wake up man ! Most of the soldiers are aware of the false intelligent report on formations so they applied their individual sense of bellonging .
If u recall from the judgement by the military tribunal pannel , the 12 soldiers were charged on 3 counts , mutiny, insorbodination and false allegation ..if false allegation is of a fact, WHY HAS THE GOC BEEN ASKED TO GO ON COMPULSORY RETIRement?

it seems you didnt comprehend my post, let me elucidiate. What i meant is that the blatant defiance of the orders of their superiors is an inexcusable act of cowardice that violates everything the military stands for. If the mutinous soldiers were aggrieved, there are other effective ways of channelling their complains and registering their grievances than a mutiny.

And for the issue indiscriminate infringemental abuse of civilians, it is an open secret that the average military man in nigeria man does not much of a provocation from a civilian before he starts intimidating and manhandling him. Heck, he will call a bloody civilian and start punishing you for just looking at him or even making a phone call closeby.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Ayostically: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
kennygee: I think we need to look into this Mutiny ish.

Soldiers refusing what they are trained to do doesn't happen every day.

A friend of mine said the weapons this BH guys use are more sophisticated than what our soldiers are given. Some of the guns won't even fire sometimes when they are face to face with BH guys.

If this is true, is it not a suicide mission?

But why is it raining Mutiny all of a sudden?

The Nigerian Military should be checked, something is definitely wrong some where.

Our govt is jst being wicked. D funds allocated 4 arms n ammunition hv bn divertd in2 private pockets yet these men r sent wit som obsolete arms 2 meet thier deaths. Its nt as if their families wil b taken care of wen they die figthing, knowin wwl dat d generals r growin fat on their sweat n blood
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by 2livescrew: 4:52pm On Sep 30, 2014
berrystunn: kill all your soldiers....till now no boko dey face trial oh...

Yes o.Its obvious that Nigeria army and federal govt are part of this conspiracy to annihilate Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Dailyfavour(m): 5:00pm On Sep 30, 2014
I hope Boko haram has not cast spell on our soldiers, or what hell is the problem. Let those ones live OOO:
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by hardbody: 5:33pm On Sep 30, 2014
Dannyset: I pity dis Soldiers. All dis will only repel dos looking for employment in d Army.

And very soon they will start conscripting. Thank God, very soon i go pass the age of voluntary or even forced military service. Before then let me go and swear to an oath that i am 60 years
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Tonylyte(m): 8:03pm On Sep 30, 2014
ifyalways: Mixed feelings for me.

Melancholy
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 30, 2014
These soldiers should have known the consequences of disobeying d last order, bt the FG should look into the cause of these mutiny and solve it once n for all. This is not the time to kill the spirit in our soldiers to but to raise their moral against our common enemy. I feel so sorry for them, cnt say more.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by ayodele123(m): 12:14am On Oct 01, 2014
It is grossly unfair of the Military authorities to sentence them to death
They are doing this to cover up the inefficiencies of the Military High Command,using them as scape goats.
Just like the Biafran Army did to Colonel Victor Banjo for the defeat and retreat from the Midwest during the Nigerian Civil War
Just the way the British Admiralty did to Admiral John Byng in 1759 executing him for failing to fight during the Siege of Minorca
The Admiral was sent to war with 10 damaged,poorly equipped ships,under manned ships.He protested but he was not heard.
He arrived the Island being besieged by the French,fought an indecisive battle with the French Navy and sailed away to a British port to re-equip the ships for a counter attack.By the time he returned to the Island,the Island had fallen.For his 'failure to do his utmost' which was the charge against him,he was executed.
Same is happening now in Nigeria.The Boko Haram are better equipped than the Nigerian military.In some of the war theaters,the Nigerian soldiers are often outnumbered and outgunned.The morale of the Nigerian soldier is low,poorly trained for this kind of insurgency that the Boko Haram are skilled at, and poorly armed,yet sent to war.Because he protested,he is court martialled and sentenced to death.
This is unfair!
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by slimwizzlle: 7:30am On Oct 01, 2014
Codedrock: Oga oo.. They still dont deserve to die na..
True
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by joey2002: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2014
How come the soldiers facing the mutiny charges mostly have Christian names and are southerners. This thing is just a big charade. Total conspiracy.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2014
it is unpatriotic to dabble into Military issue without adequate knowledge.. If it were the time of Abacha, some of una for no survive these simple comments. I wish u guys know better!

All the same, u are entitled to your freedom of speech naw, oya fire down...
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by josite: 12:04pm On Oct 01, 2014
when u enlist in an army,u sign to obey the last command even if obeying means death.it is not for a soldier to refuse depolyment because he is issued with a dane guy and the enemy has automatic guns. the death punishment is the most appropriate so that you can be motivated to resign yojur commission from the army you dont believe in and from the commands/commanders you are not willing to obey.if im C -IN C,they will all be dead by now before any stupid lawyer van file any stupid appeal.go learn from history ,from the art of war what irreversible damage a soldier that breaks the rank can do to the entire army.DEATH TO MUTINEERS IN JESUS NAME.U THINK SOLDIERING NA CHILD'S PLAY.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by josite: 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2014
joey2002: How come the soldiers facing the mutiny charges mostly have Christian names and are southerners. This thing is just a big charade. Total conspiracy.

IM A YORUBA MAN AND I DONT CARE IF ALL OF THEM ARE YORUBA.DEATH TO MUTINEERS.
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2014
onirugbon1:

Crazeman cheesy I see no similarity in altitude cheesy cheesy
Enjoyed the video though, brief time travelling to the 60's
grin looks like you don't know the delusional musiuwa
Re: Another 60 Soldiers Face Trial For Mutiny Today by labistercollins(m): 10:46pm On Oct 01, 2014
I think we need to look into this Mutiny ish.

Soldiers refusing what they are trained to do doesn't happen every day.

A friend of mine said the weapons this BH guys use are more sophisticated than what our soldiers are given. Some of the guns won't even fire sometimes when they are face to face with BH guys.

If this is true, is it not a suicide mission?

But why is it raining Mutiny all of a sudden?

The Nigeria Military should be checked, something is definitely wrong some where.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Have Never Flown First-class In My Life” – Silverbird Boss Ben Murray Bruce / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / #Our5k: Nigerian Youths Demand Fulfillment Of Campaign Promises On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.