Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With (3373 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / With 600k, Should He Settle Down For Marriage At The Age Of 32? / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by unit(f): 2:41pm On Jul 30, 2006
THIS IS TO ALL THE SISTAS IN THE HOUSE
What's the age limit you would place on the guy you want to settle down with?My ex was 6years older than me and i had no problem with it cos i believe most women are more mature in mind n in the way they think than men their age so there is always a balance with the older guy(i stand to be corrected).A friend of mine who is just 2years older than me wants to take it the next level and i really don't know if he is mature enough for me.He sounds,talks and thinks mature but am not sure,i've always wanted a guy who is 4-6 years older than me,so back to my question how old would you want him to be?
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by edygirl(f): 7:10pm On Jul 30, 2006
I don't mind settling down with someone who is 4yrs younger than I am so far he is capable. I can't settle with anybody who is more than 8yrs older than me. I'll be seeing him as my uncle and won't be able to play with him. I know it's all mind thing but that's me.I have never even dated anyone that is More than 5 yrs older than me. Gosh! it won't just work for me even if he tries with the last drop of his blood, I won't be able to be in love with him but may tolerate him.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by LoverBwoy(m): 2:31am On Jul 31, 2006
@ unit
i've always wanted a guy who is for-6 years older than me
so what will happen when u meet a guy that really really really likes u and you get along very well but he's 1-4 years older than you?
will u turn him down just because he's not older enough? undecided
or theres something else you want - cars,mansion,big man job? grin
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Debbystar1(f): 3:27am On Jul 31, 2006
well it all depend on love. but is should'nt be someone heading papa's age
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by diddy4(m): 5:00am On Jul 31, 2006
guess age has a part to play in love too. well well well.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by unit(f): 10:08am On Jul 31, 2006
@loverbwoy
ve you ever heard that love is not enough.settling down is not for baby minds,if he is 1-4years older and his thinking is right and he loves me why not i just need a man who thinks like a man and has a purpose for his life but i'd rather ve him at least 4years older
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Coco29(f): 11:47am On Jul 31, 2006
i feel it does not matter love is love regardless of age cheesy
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by dollypee1(f): 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2006
AGE HAS NOTHING, NOTHING WHATSOEVER 2 DO WITH LOVE IF U 2 LOVE EACHOTHER WHY WLD AGE BE A BARRIER?
AS A MATTER OF FACT MY FIANCE IS 12YRS OLDER THAN ME,I FEEL SO COMFORTABLE AROUND HIM ,HE RESPECTS ME AND LOVES ME FOR WHO I AM EVEN THO HE BEHAVES LIKE AN" AGBAYA" AT TIMES BUT HES FUN 2 BE AROUND WITH.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by iice(f): 1:13pm On Jul 31, 2006
Hmmm, i never deal with messy emotional things, I tend 2 like older guys coz they usually more matured however that does not always prove the case, there are exceptions 2 the rule. For me is so long as the guy is matured enuf 2 suit me, complimentary 2 my xter then its all good.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by bechex(m): 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2006
A lady 2 years or more younger would do for me. But not more than 6 years
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by LoverBwoy(m): 4:18am On Aug 01, 2006
unit:

@loverbwoy
ve you ever heard that love is not enough.

oh yes ive heard that from loads of nigerians girls wink, they usually mean- u need a big ass ride, a big mansion, and a boutique for madam even though she spent 5yrs in university. grin

settling down is not for baby minds,if he is 1-4years older and his thinking is right and he loves me why not i just need a man who thinks like a man and has a purpose for his life but i'd rather ve him at least 4years older

i understand women generally mature quicker than men but still u cant really set a "level" .remember age(number) is not relative to maturity wink
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:20am On Aug 01, 2006
at least my age or a yr or 2 older.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by luvu567(f): 4:22am On Aug 01, 2006
at most he would be 5 years older than I
cant be younger than me
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:23am On Aug 01, 2006
but at the same time if i fall in love with someone who isnt my age or a yr or two older. oh well so be it.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by kiki(f): 4:26am On Aug 01, 2006
not more than 5 yrs cos i don't want my husband to be some old ass man wen i'm still yung we gon be yung to getter and we gon get old 2gether if u know wat i'm sayin grin grin grin
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by luvu567(f): 4:38am On Aug 01, 2006
yess ooo

my man cant have a head full of gray hair while im 29
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Nobody: 4:48am On Aug 01, 2006
lol i wouldnt fall in love with a 50 yr old man when im like 25 hell no.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by kiki(f): 4:54am On Aug 01, 2006
K2DaC:

lol i wouldnt fall in love with a 50 yr old man when im like 25 hell no.

Lol
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by iice(f): 7:06am On Aug 01, 2006
Need some1 u can still groove with grin grin
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by kiki(f): 7:07am On Aug 01, 2006
iice:

Need someone u can still groove with grin grin

hell yeah
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by desiree(f): 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2006
Max 6 years older, for obvious reasons
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by naijadiva2(f): 3:44pm On Aug 07, 2006
5 yrs older or 3 yrs younger.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Memunah(f): 9:36pm On Nov 04, 2006
2-4 years age difference btw my and my guy is okay by me
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by famochi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 06, 2006
age doesnt really matter i can date a girl that is even older than i am as long as it is not obvious or noticeable in her appearance
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by chimaze(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2006
I don't think age matters in a relationsip as long as both of you love and respect each other.

I my self I've dated a 28year old lady while I was 18 and it worked out fine, until she got married. My last girlfriend was 7 years older than me, but we broke up because she never respected me. She wanted to use me to get pregnant but I found out what her plan was. Guess what I did? I took of like Lightning Mcqueen!!
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Memunah(f): 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2006
Na wah for you oh!I respect you
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by marlet01(m): 1:34pm On Nov 08, 2006
@ chimaze
maybe someday you would go out with a girl old enough to be your mother,
who knows.
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by Tywoh(f): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2006
My first guy was 7 years older.
I didnt think there was anythimg wrong until the relationship ended.
I dont feel like dating or marrying someone dat are age difference ll be
up to 7 years.
One bitten, twice shy.
But age may not matter if true love exist.
But it does matter to me
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by kimba(m): 12:13am On Nov 09, 2006
when a girl says she'll prefer a guy thats a couple of years older BECAUSE HE WOULD BE MORE MATURE, is she celebrating his maturity or her own immaturity?
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by sammyjl(f): 11:32am On Jan 08, 2007
kiss I prefer 5 years older than me (thats my limit). I dont even mind if he is a few hours older than I as long as he's just older than I.

But there is definitely no ways I'd be comfortable getting or ready to marry a younger dude. No ways!!
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by grillotoy(f): 6:05pm On Jan 09, 2007
I wuld prefer a guy dat is 10yrs olda dan i am cos dey r matured n knows how 2 treat a lady beta dis smal guyz r stil catchin their fun nd mess ladies up
Re: What's The Age Limit You Would Place On The Guy You Want To Settle Down With by diyobdw(f): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2007
grillo_toy:

I wuld prefer a guy that is 10yrs olda dan i am because dey r matured n knows how 2 treat a lady beta this smal guys r stil catchin their fun nd mess ladies up

Do older men care better or just know how to better colour your mind that they treat you better?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Still Proper To Approach A Girl On The Road . : / 10 Things Gifts You Can Buy A Girl And Their Meanings / How To Seduce A Man With Class & Elegance!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.