Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,082 members, 7,811,033 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1224540 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:50am On Apr 11, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Red cap is strictly for Ndi Nze na Ozo. You can't wear the red hat until you get initiated and perform the rituals on Isa-ile. But today most youth have no respect for the item especially those who doesn't have the Ozo institution in their place.

what are non ozo males supposed to wear?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:12am On Apr 11, 2015
You can wear the black version of the red cap, but the red version is a very serious offence for non ozo title holders to wear.
Even in my village you can't wear red beret.

InyinyaAgbaOku:

what are non ozo males supposed to wear?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:55am On Apr 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
You can wear the black version of the red cap, but the red version is a very serious offence for non ozo title holders to wear.
Even in my village you can't wear red beret.

Lol . ok

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 8:08am On Apr 11, 2015
BuddahMonk:
This is one of the reasons why we are being insulted by ofe people, this is what Obijackson is building in Lagos yet Igboland is begging for highrise office buildings that will trigger white collar jobs and make our cities look nice.

Obi Jackson is building a 500MW closed cycle gas turbine plant in Okija. People like Obi Jackson want to invest in Anambra, but they are being frustrated. (I can't disclose everything on nairaland).
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2015
HappyJoe:

Obi Jackson is building a 500MW closed cycle gas turbine plant in Okija. People like Obi Jackson want to invest in Anambra, but they are being frustrated. (I can't disclose everything on nairaland).
Anambra State govt is trying for Obijackson
His only problem is that his people do not want to bear the cost of development.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:24am On Apr 11, 2015
chidyhels:

His only problem is that his people do not want to bear the cost of development.
oour people at times to now that development comes at a cost

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2015
[b]APGA Sweeps Anambra State Assembly Polls, Records 100% Victory
The April 11, 2015 House of Assembly Election in Anambra State has exposed the love of Ndi Anambra for their dynamic and working governor, Chief Willie Obiano who has expanded the frontiers of excellence in the “Light of the Nation” in just one year in office.
Chief Obiano and his party, All Progressives Grand Alliance recorded a historic victory by winning all the State Constituencies announced.
The results released so far show that APGA won all the 10 State Constituencies in Anambra North Senatorial Zone covering Ayamelum (1), Oyi (1), Anambra East (1), Anambra West (1), Onitsha North (2), Onitsha South(2) and Ogbaru (2).
In Anambra Central Senatorial Zone, APGA won, with huge margin, Awka North (1), Awka South (2), Njikoka (2) and Dunukofia (1). APGA also won in Anaocha Consituency II while results for Idemili North and Idemili South and Anaocha Consituteny I are yet to be released.
APGA recorded total victory in all Constituencies in Anambra South Senatorial Zone; Orumba North (1), Orumba South (1), Aguata I Constituency II, Nnewi South (2), Nnewi North (1), Ihiala (2) except Ekwusigo where PDP Elements’ attempt to rig was foiled by the people and the election shifted to April 25, 2015 and Aguata Constituency I where the SPO for Uga Ward 1 absconded with sensitive materials thus rendering the election there inconclusive.
As Ndi Anambra await the final result from Aguata Constituency I where APGA currently leads with 13163 votes; APC – 3203; PDP- 1297 and the rescheduled polls in Ekwusigo come April 25, the people, their governor, Willie Obiano and their party, APGA have every reason to celebrate as this is the first time the party will win 100% in State Assembly polls.
These results give credence to the public outcry that the March 28 National Assembly elections in Anambra State were massively rigged against the wishes of the people.
Summarily, APGA has won 25 out 25 State Constituencies, leading in 4 other Constituencies being collated and has greater chances of winning the rescheduled polls in Ekwusigo Constituency.[/b] cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2015
It seems like Abia is about to be rescued from the vagabonds in power. Ebonyi is the next stop.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kagame:
It seems like Abia is about to be rescued from the vagabonds in power. Ebonyi is the next stop.

Abia is messing up. They're allowing Orji have his way.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 9:56pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:

Abia is messing up. They're allowing Orji have his way.

Really I saw Olisa Metuh on TV and the way he was biاching about I knew it wasnt going in PDPs favour.

What has changed?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 12, 2015
Kagame:

Really I saw Olisa Metuh on TV and the way he was biاching about I knew it wasnt going in PDPs favour.

What has changed?

the decision to cancel results in some LGAs was reversed after Orji visited inec officials. Apga seems to be resisting it from what I heard on channels but it's not looking good.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2015
musing:

the decision to cancel results in some LGAs was reversed after Orji visited inec officials. Apga seems to be resisting it from what I heard on channels but it's not looking good.

My goodness ...the inflated figures coming from those LGAs will be enough to overturn the over 40,000 lead APGA has currently.

APGA should keep vigil ,Abia must be rescued.

Next stop is Ebonyi.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 7:25am On Apr 13, 2015
25/25. Excellent
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 13, 2015
cjrane:

Only GEJ would have been so clueless to site more mega projects in the north than his own region. Buhari will not bend his back to do any tangible project in Igboland. Especially considering the rabid anti- Igbo rhetorics of the characters surrounding him.

Clearly, if PDP strategize well and select a capable northerner in 2019 to give them a good chunk of northern votes, they will win by a big margin. Nothing has really changed. Playing into the Nigerian tribal alliances and doing a good homework on selecting a capable northerner in 2019 is the game changer. PDP lost because the contest was between a northerner and a minority southerner, and their candidate was the southern minority.
pls i need to talk to you urgently about something that is not related to this topic...urgently pls 08160763123
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Dainfamous: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2015
cjrane:

Only GEJ would have been so clueless to site more mega projects in the north than his own region. Buhari will not bend his back to do any tangible project in Igboland. Especially considering the rabid anti- Igbo rhetorics of the characters surrounding him.

Clearly, if PDP strategize well and select a capable northerner in 2019 to give them a good chunk of northern votes, they will win by a big margin. Nothing has really changed. Playing into the Nigerian tribal alliances and doing a good homework on selecting a capable northerner in 2019 is the game changer. PDP lost because the contest was between a northerner and a minority southerner, and their candidate was the southern minority.
When more Igbos become aware of what motivates the unique hatred of the Igbo by other Nigerians: anti-Semitism, the Igbos would begin to acquire the skills with which to cope.This hatred is blind, unreasoning. Usually its unprovoked. Its a sort of mental illness too.Hitler was anti-Semitic. The genocidaires who tried to kill off all the Igbos were anti-Semites.

Ndi Igbo cry, but not to the holy G-d of our ancestors-the G-d of Israel. The Igbos were forced and tricked to abandon Chukwu. But happily some have come back to the true way---Prophet Isaiah. These few that have began to repent have a duty to put the others through and right. The greatest gift that you can give an Igbo is a Torah, with commentaries, and the now available books that definitively prove that the Ibos are Ibri......

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:53pm On Apr 13, 2015
Pix from Anambra, I created thread to challenge our brothers from the west mode moved it to ethnic section. God dey!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:55pm On Apr 13, 2015
Update on Onitsha shopping mall and Awka flyover

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2015
Awka flyover
Onitsha, and Nkpor flyover

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 4:12pm On Apr 13, 2015
Osha

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
FKO1, please we have seen most of these pictures before, particularly those Onitsha flyovers and surrounding, please focus on new projects like the mall, resort, new road projects etc. If you can go to Aguleri to cover Orient refinery, that would be okay too..

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:18pm On Apr 13, 2015
What happen to it, I know the site opposite Harmakopp, its between Okija and Ozubulu very close to Madonna.

Obijackson have Smile Newtwork but since Nnamani's Rainbownet stopped working in East we are yet to see a reliable ISP except these nonsense telcos provide.

Here in Lagos there are more than 4 ISPs competing here, why don't these guys killing themselves here move to East and make it.
In Lagos there is Swift, Spectranet, Smile Network and MainOne all providing ISP in only Lagos while in entire East we are managing erratic services from telcos.

If I should have the dough now the first business I will think in East is an ISP that will cover the entire East and Anioma, this is money spinner walahi it will change business climate in East.

chidyhels:

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 13, 2015
BuddahMonk:
What happen to it, I know the site opposite Harmakopp, its between Okija and Ozubulu very close to Madonna.

Obijackson have Smile Newtwork but since Nnamani's Rainbownet stopped working in East we are yet to see a reliable ISP except these nonsense telcos provide.

Here in Lagos there are more than 4 ISPs competing here, why don't these guys killing themselves here move to East and make it.
In Lagos there is Swift, Spectranet, Smile Network and MainOne all providing ISP in only Lagos while in entire East we are managing erratic services from telcos.

If I should have the dough now the first business I will think in East is an ISP that will cover the entire East and Anioma, this is money spinner walahi it will change business climate in East.

Those land upon which his projects are executed is the problem.
Court cases everywhere.
I wish Anambra is truely ready for development but unfortunately they are not.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ACM10: 6:39pm On Apr 13, 2015
oneeast:
FKO1, please we have seen most of these pictures before, particularly those Onitsha flyovers and surrounding, please focus on new projects like the mall, resort, new road projects etc. If you can go to Aguleri to cover Orient refinery, that would be okay too..

Why can't you scroll pass if those pics are irritating your eyes? Even Spyder sometimes post the same pics over and over again in Enugu thread. Please Frankie, don't let Chino distract you. Continue the good work.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:17am On Apr 14, 2015
Nawaooooooooooo

But with all these lands Obiano is sharing to people like rice why is hard for him to meddle into the affairs now. Look at the way lands are acqired to build markets yet to build factories and other productive investments always meet brickwall.

Our people don't joke with land walahi, why should investment like this take this long to take off, what happen to other form of dispute resolution, why can't Obiano broker peace and personally compensate some disgruntled parties so that this investment will start in pronto.

chidyhels:

Those land upon which his projects are executed is the problem.
Court cases everywhere.
I wish Anambra is truely ready for development but unfortunately they are not.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 10:31am On Apr 14, 2015
oneeast:
Bro I'm not working with Anambra state government, I'm not permit to take pictures on government projects, last time I went to refinery site and Agulu lake hotel the security men there warned me, but that of Agulu hotel I'm sure the project is 96% ready exterior I saw the project last week on my way to PH. Have a lovely day!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oneeast: 10:46am On Apr 14, 2015
Nwanne m yea I got the same treatment at Agulu Resort last xmas. The security agents said that it was because of the whitemen working at the site. I even went to Greenwood where they are building Three Arms Zone, it was the same restriction. maybe they want to unveil these projects as a surprise package. Even Orient I heard has 24/7 security patrol, everybody is treated as a threat because of the experience they had with the Kogi people.

FKO81:

Bro I'm not working with Anambra state government, I'm not permit to take pictures on government projects, last time I went to refinery site and Agulu lake hotel the security men there warned me, but that of Agulu hotel I'm sure the project is 96% ready exterior I saw the project last week on my way to PH. Have a lovely day!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 15, 2015
oneeast:
Nwanne m yea I got the same treatment at Agulu Resort last xmas. The security agents said that it was because of the whitemen working at the site. I even went to Greenwood where they are building Three Arms Zone, it was the same restriction. maybe they want to unveil these projects as a surprise package. Even Orient I heard has 24/7 security patrol, everybody is treated as a threat because of the experience they had with the Kogi people.

then we have to rely on Google satellite, just hope they update soonest!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2015
A section of Dolly-Hills, Trans-Nkisi Extention-Onitsha

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by bankson80(m): 7:07am On Apr 17, 2015
umunnem,am impressed with what am seeing...anambra adibagonu mama ooo

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Myluv1: 2:21pm On Apr 17, 2015
FKO81:
Osha
Thanks for the pix updates.

What is the commissioner of environment doing about those sand dunes... and there are road markings to do, dear Obiano!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 4:31pm On Apr 17, 2015
There is zero crime rate in Anambra, no wonder investors are falling over themselves to have a stake in Anambra..

Anambra, the safest Nigerian state..

Governor Willie Obiano yesterday demolished three houses belonging to kidnappers. The team was led by Assistant Commissioner for Operations , Joseph Agugoesi and OC SARS, James Nwafor among others.

This brings to 50 houses of kidnappers demolished so far in the state.That of yesterday were at Eziowelle , Idemili local government area, Azigbo Nnewi South local government area.
Details laterhttp://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=9032

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yellowsun: 5:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^ in as much as I support the proactive approach taken by the present administration to combating crime especially KIDNAPPERS, I am still not comfortable with this demolition approach to fighting kidnapping. Government should rather take possession of the property. What if tomorrow Government discovers the accused to be innocent or probably framed into this how do we start compensation.

Remember the Upper Class Hotel incidence under former Gov. Peter Obi, till now no competent Court has found the accused guilty of the crime, the said man is currently a free man after been released on Bail by SARS Awkuzu.

My take let justice prevail avoid jungle justice for as much as we want it otherwise.

Ndi banyi ekene mu noooo

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.