Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,073 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (208) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1229089 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 3:43pm On Apr 25, 2015
Anambra must align with the center so that we shall continue to reap the huge infrastructural benefits from the center just like in the days of GEJ. Anambra is the winner here- the Light of the entire black nations..

The governor of Anambra State, Willy Obiano, has appealed to the president-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, to help address the problems affecting the South East, and to appoint its people into key positions regardless of their political affiliations.
Mr. Obiano said the region will support the government of Mr. Buhari, despite the outcome of the March 28 election which saw him and his All Progressives Congress, APC, losing in the South East.

Mr. Obiano made the appeal Friday when he visited Mr. Buhari at his residence in Abuja.
The governor said he believed Mr. Buhari would not limit his search to APC members whenever he gives out appointments.
“I suspect that the President is not going to give appointment to only people from his party because everybody would support him and so he has to consider people from the other parties so that we can all embrace the change,” he said after a brief meeting with Mr. Buhari.
The governor said he had pleaded for the consideration of people from Anambra state and the South East in general when the president-elect settles down to make appointments.

“We also pleaded in the area of appointment for the people of Anambra and of course for people from the south East be it Ministerial, Ambassadorial and what have you,” he said.
The Anambra governor said he congratulated Mr. Buhari on his victory.
“Well, I came to congratulate His excellency, the President – elect, on his victory and I am also here to reassure him that Anambra and the south East would support him.
“I also pleaded with him on some pressing problem that are of importance to the south east like the second Niger bridge and some of the federal roads,” he said.
Mr. Obiano said like Mr. Buhari, he believes in change. He said his government has brought “change” to the security structure in Anambra state.
“I will always support things that would bring change to improve the well-being of Ndi Anambra and Nigeria as a whole,” he said.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 8:47am On Apr 26, 2015
Ikpeazu declared winner of Abia gubernatorial elections. Too bad for APGA. APGA should learn to stop aligning itself with PDP in any elections. They were used and dumped as always. just too bad
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:52am On Apr 26, 2015
People who claimed Anambra people "voted" obiano because of peter obi should also tell us Abians "voted" Ikpeazu because of Theordore Orji.. grin jokers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:18am On Apr 26, 2015
Aguleri otu oil well bridge, being built by Governor obiano. Real quality and sustainable projects. This is why I support obiano

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:23am On Apr 26, 2015
Aguleri otu oil well road being built by obiano..

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:24am On Apr 26, 2015
focused governor

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:27am On Apr 26, 2015
Igbariam Nando Awkuzu road under construction

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:33am On Apr 26, 2015
Hope he sustains the pace of these road projects including those from other parts of the states

Freeglobe can Andy uba play opposition politics lol?

Abeg free peter obi...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 9:41am On Apr 26, 2015
asha80:
Hope he sustains the pace of these road projects including those from other parts of the states

Freeglobe can Andy uba play opposition politics lol?

Abeg free peter obi...
Andy will always be around the corridors of powers, APC or PDP. Remember he is obasanjo's boy..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by DaVerdict: 9:56am On Apr 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:
focused governor

Good one from Obiano, though i didn't vote for him during the Anambra state governorship election in which he won, but we all must join hands and move the state forward as people with vision.
We must as a matter of fact shun all forms of bring him down by all means syndrome, and work together as a people with one destiny.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:08am On Apr 26, 2015
tabletman1 I see you..you have not been commenting for a while..hope all is well?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 11:15am On Apr 26, 2015
Not too comfortable with the sharp bends on the aguleri otu road - thats a recipe for road accidents cos the road looks a bit narrow.

Ive noticed that most federal highways are mapped out in a linear manner , why cant we do same in anambra?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:18am On Apr 26, 2015
Schematics:
Anambra must align with the center so that we shall continue to reap the huge infrastructural benefits from the center just like in the days of GEJ. Anambra is the winner here- the Light of the entire black nations..

maybe next time people should not too proud,loud and displaying unnecessary braggadocio when making political statements like gej till 2019

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:20am On Apr 26, 2015
Kagame:
Not too comfortable with the sharp bends on the aguleri otu road - thats a recipe for road accidents cos the road looks a bit narrow.

Ive notice that most federal highways are mapped out in a linear manner , why cant we do same in anambra?
it depends on the terrain and land issues in se..ply owerri okigwe federal highway and see

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 11:28am On Apr 26, 2015
Kagame:

Ive noticed that most federal highways are mapped out in a linear manner , why cant we do same in anambra?
I dont think anything can be done about the sharp considering it's a hilly path but the contractors should be made to place adequate road signs and road markings around that area.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:29am On Apr 26, 2015
Cool. I see Anambra going places.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 11:31am On Apr 26, 2015
asha80:
it depends on the terrain and land issues in se..ply owerri okigwe federal highway and see

Ive driven through owerri -okigwe - very narrow and not a dual carriage way. But thats an old highway and an exception.

This is a new highway and there are vast acres of surrounding land that can be acquired with adequate compensation.

Obiano is trying , but he can do better.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kagame: 11:37am On Apr 26, 2015
FreeGlobe:

I dont think anything can be done about the sharp considering it's a hilly path but the contractors should be made to place adequate road signs and road markings around that area.

Ok.

It seems linearity might add some extra cost to the project , considering the hilly terrain.

Well, another point is the quality of the road. Seems its a completely asphalted road.Or is that the base layer before the concrete layer?

Good job with the drainages though.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Malawian(m): 12:40pm On Apr 27, 2015
i dont like those narrow apiam ways that is the newly built aguleri oil rig road.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by backtosender: 11:53pm On Apr 27, 2015
Jonathan Appoint peter obi as the new (SCE) chairman the security and exchange commission and sack NHIS boss

http:///tYzanw cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 1:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[size=18pt]FreeGlobe[/size] e be ka ino
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by slimthugchimee(m): 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2015
https://m.Facebook.com/Campusamebo/photos/a.157665201086912.1073741826.147514482101984/384507778402652/?type=1&source=46&refid=17 guys Please help me like my sisters pics in Facebook just follow the link please its important u do she is silver contedtabt number 9
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
new hotel at Umuchu

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VAQAXY: 10:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
This 4 star hotel I think is own by Godwin Ezeemo, the PPA governorship candidate in Anambra in 2013.

The guy is equally building a very big fish farm at his Umuchu ranch.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:
new hotel at Umuchu
who is going to be staying in this grand looking hotel?what the the economic activities in umuchu or environs?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:27pm On Apr 28, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 11:49pm On Apr 28, 2015
asha80:
who is going to be staying in this grand looking hotel?what the the economic activities in umuchu or environs?

Abi weddings and social events inviting people from elsewhere don't happen at Umuchu?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
cjrane:

Abi weddings and social events inviting people from elsewhere don't happen at Umuchu?
these do not happen everyday
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:06am On Apr 29, 2015
Nawaa,that hotel is too big for an unknown town like Umuchu .
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Schematics: 6:18am On Apr 29, 2015
I don't think it is about Umuchu but Anambra south. The entire Anambra south does not have an ordinary 2 star hotel.

All the big hotels are located in Anambra Central where you have bulk of the hotels including the 5 star Agulu Resort and Anambra North where you have another 5 star Onitsha Resort (Raddison Blu).

I think its a good thing to have at least a 4 star hotel like this in Anambra south which has none up till now except this new one.

Remember Anambra south has the highest number of super rich individuals in Anambra State and by extension SE. They need some thing world class as this to entertain their numerous visitors and host their occasions.

OdenigboAroli:
Nawaa,that hotel is too big for an unknown town like Umuchu .

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:58am On Apr 29, 2015
serious i dont know why some people are unnecessarily clannish, this man should have opened this in Onicha, Nnewi or Oka instaed of sleepy town of Umuchu, how many people will be patronizing it now except during christmas.

na him money shaa, anything that rocks his boat, hotels like this doesnt make economical sense to site it at Umuchu

asha80:

(1) (2) (3) ... (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.