Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (271) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226623 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:16am On Jun 05, 2015
This is How Onitsha Hotels will Look like when completed early 2016!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 12:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
investnow2013:
This is How Onitsha Hotels will Look like when completed early 2016!
Otua

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 1:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
I wont be surprise if the tiny Igbo traitors who voted a jihadist as National leader begin to advice him not to site federal projects in PDP S.East states.
From my observation up to 60% of those derailing this thread are these traitors.

Here are some advice for you wicked efulefus:
*if your President is politically smart he will do all he can to get Igbo vote for his evil party in 2019 by siting more federal project in Southeast and South south states.

*We can do without your Federal presence -- Heavy investment is
all South East and South.S need to quickly develop and not your bloody Federal project.

* Stop Blackmailing igbos who didnt vote your darling Buhuhari. If Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's party spread development throughout the country even in buhari stronghold why not your beloved brainless President.

*APC is truely an Islamic party nothing you say will change this fact

* Did you vote APC to hurt us or to protect Igbos interest? Igbo PDP attracted enough federal projects into South East(it is on Record). It will be a very big SHAME if you Igbo APC end up not attracting enough federal projects aswell

STOP BLACKMAILING US.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 3:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
FKO81:

Willie is really trying, some states are facing finacial turmoil, but when you come to Anambra all sectors are receiving attention, managing three cities and their subs, that is why when you complained about the slow paced of Onitsha mall I was shocked, you of all people? with little federal allocation, and he is carrying on with these projects, three malls, three flyovers, bridges, hotels, roads etc and all the contractors are on sites doing great, and he is paying civil servants promptly, to me he is the best manager,

Anambra is 3rd state after Lagos & P.H with wealthy consumers, everything possible should be done to complete those beautiful Malls and Hotels,.there will be no regret

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 4:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
Bishop42:

Anambra is 3rd state after Lagos & P.H with wealthy consumers, everything possible should be done to complete those beautiful Malls and Hotels,.there will be no regrets
I visited Onitsha mall and hotel last week Friday, contractors were on sites working, I'm 100% sure Anambarians will go for Xmas shopping there, Onitsha hotel will not be ready this year, I'm also 100% sure Agulu lake hotel will be commission in few months time before Xmas, another big projects willie promised to deliver are Awka flyovers and six lanes in his newyear massage to Anambrians, IDC are working hard to deliver the projects, my office is at temp-site, I monitor the projects almost everyday.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2015
FKO81:

I visited Onitsha mall and hotel last week Friday, contractors were on sites working, I'm 100% sure Anambarians will go for Xmas shopping there, Onitsha hotel will not be ready this year, I'm also 100% sure Agulu lake hotel will be commission in few months time before Xmas, another big projects willie promised to deliver are Awka flyovers and six lanes in his newyear massage to Anambrians, IDC are working hard to deliver the projects, my office is at temp-site, I monitor the projects almost everyday.
I believe Nnewi and Awka malls will be read next year.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 4:11pm On Jun 05, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:16pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wheelchairs Donated to Anambra-State govt by Grace Project International USA.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 4:17pm On Jun 05, 2015
I would like to see a situation whereby Anambra and the south-east in general decouple their Economy from the Economy of the rest of the country. That way we can grow at a faster pace, create more jobs, schools, Health-care centres etc. . . Why is there only two universities in Anambra at the moment? Why don't we have free Health-care and education? Why don't we have social security for old retired people in the village? These things are lacking and need to be looked into to raise the humman developement index.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Donations of 30 Wheelchairs by Grace International USA!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 4:25pm On Jun 05, 2015
yang:
I would like to see a situation whereby Anambra and the south-east in general decouple their Economy from the Economy of the rest of the country. That way we can grow at a faster pace, create more jobs, schools, Health-care centres etc. . . Why is there only two universities in Anambra at the moment? Why don't we have free Health-care and education? Why don't we have social security for old retired people in the village? These things are lacking and need to be looked into to raise the humman developement index.

I like the social security for the elderly part.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 4:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Whoever did this did an excellent job. Pls do more. Well done!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:31pm On Jun 05, 2015
yang:
Anambra-State have 5 Universities at the moment & with 3 others coming up in Nkpor/ Ogidi by The Winners Church,One at Achina by the Catholic Church called Peters University & finally, one under construction at Alam-Ozubulu, Ekwusigo lga by The Anglicans!. This is not including Oko poli & College of Education at Nsugbe near Onitsha!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 4:58pm On Jun 05, 2015
Onitsha main market

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:04pm On Jun 05, 2015
More from Main market

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2015
Main market

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
^^This is cool. More like Chinese economic center in Guangzhou. The economic heart beat. There is a clear indication that the whole West African sub region visits Onitsha on a daily basis. Economy is everything.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2015
Security is not left-out

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2015
Onitsha computers and mobile phones market

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
Wow! This is cooler! Can I get a space at main market display our products from Indo and how much can a space of 60-60 go for? Its time to have an helipad at main market. This trading center is cool in that it has well paved roads that traversed through it.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:26pm On Jun 05, 2015
post=34462615:
Onitsha computers and mobile phones market

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:29pm On Jun 05, 2015
Most of these designs were actually copied from Guangzhou.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:
Wow! This is cooler! Can I get a space at main market display our products from Indo and how much can a space of 60-60 go for? Its time to have an helipad at main market. This trading center is cool in that it has well paved roads that traversed through it.
New Plaza is up for crab you can come down and apply, I asked the agent he said application form cost 5k

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:35pm On Jun 05, 2015
Which area of main market is that? Hope its the centre? Accessibility is cool.

post=34462979:

New Plaza is up for crab you can down and apply, I asked the agent he said application form cost 5k
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:40pm On Jun 05, 2015
More from the plaza

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2015
Main market is actually evolving into malls/plazas. Good one!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
Just saw this and decided to share. Its a good thing getting private investors to go into this sort of investments.

Governor Willie Obiano yesterday signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Integrated Farms Limited for the construction and management of a modern abattoir in the State.

The MoU which is worth 11.4 million US dollars is for the hygienic slaughter, processing and packaging of livestock for edible meat and has 90% percent of the Equity ownership of its Special Purpose Vehicle, SPV coming from the investor and the remaining 10% from the State Government.

The allocation of royalty, profit and loss is to be shared among the state government and the investor according to their respective equity ownership while 5 percent of the annual dividend will be devoted towards the project’s social responsibility to the host community.

Performing the function, Governor Obiano said the latest MoU brings to about 2.4 billion US dollars, the total amount attracted by his government in investment in the past one year.

According to the Governor, the project is one of the numerous others his administration has initiated across the various sectors with a view to securing a new lease of life for Ndi Anambra.

He noted that his administration having beefed up security in the State and taken proactive measures to improve power supply to Industrial clusters across the state, the coast is now clear for investors to bring their investment into the state, expressing delight that Ndi Anambra are now heeding the call by government to think home.

While assuring of his total commitment towards supporting the project, Governor Obiano charged the investor to show immediate presence on ground by taking oof with the signing of the MoU.

Earlier, the Chairman of ANSIPPA, and Traditional Ruler of Umuoji, Igwe Cyril Enweze revealed that the project will create jobs through direct and indirect avenues for Ndi Anambra in line with indigenous content policy as well as ensure transfer of expertise to other operators in the meat industry, attributing the realization of the MoU to the immeasurable cooperation the ANSIPPA enjoyed from the Ministry of Health.

The Chief Executive Officer of the investing company, Engineer Azubuike Onowu explained that the project not aimed to displace the incumbent Operators in the State Meat industry but to support them improve on their practice with a view to availing Ndi Anambra Quality service delivery.

For his part, the Managing Director of the Company, Engineer Dozie Abajue thanked Governor Obiano for the opportunity given them to invest in the state and assured that the project will fully commence operations in line with its terms of reference within the next 15months.

IMG_0061

Also speaking, the Managing Director of ANSIPPA, Chief Joe-Billy Ekwunife restated the commitment of the Agency to drive the Governor’s vision to effectively engage the Private Sector in transforming the State Economy, describing the project as human oriented.

In a vote of thanks, the State Commissioner for Lands, Mrs Stella Onuorah said Ndi Anambra are blessed to have a leader like Governor Obiano whose resolve to improve their living condition is unflinching and commended the conducive investment environment he has enthroned in the state.

Highlight was official signing of the MoU by the Governor and the Partners.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:49pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:

Not far from CBD

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:12pm On Jun 05, 2015
All Saint cathedral Onitsha

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tabletman1: 6:19pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:

New market road very close to main market and closer to emeka offor shopping mall where phones and laptop are being sold.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 6:30pm On Jun 05, 2015
CEMA appears to be new entrant or have they been there? Those guys at Emeka Offor Plaza will sit up by force because they thought they were the only ones that knows the way to Europe and China.

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:34pm On Jun 05, 2015
[size=18pt]GOV. OBIANO SHOULD BE WARY OF THIS BEFORE IT METAMORPHOSES TO SOMETHING ELSE[/size](from ndi mpiwa azu to ndi ogbuochu!!!!!

Barely five days after last
Sunday’s ill-fated petrol tanker disaster
that left about 70 persons dead at Asaba
Motor Park, Upper Iweka, Onitsha, another
auto crash, Thursday, claimed two lives at
Ogidi, near Onitsha.
The accident, according to an eyewitness,
occurred when an official of Anambra State
Traffic Management Agency, ATMA, (names
withheld), hit a commercial motorcyclist at
Ugwu Nwasike Round-about, Ogidi.
According to the source, as soon as the
ATMA Sports Utility Vehicle, SUV hit the
cyclist, the cyclist in turn, knocked down a
passerby, who was later identified as Emeka
Ogbu, a Senior Prefect of Day Star
Secondary School, Ogidi.
Both the cyclist and the senior prefect died
minutes after they were rushed to New
Mayor’s Hospital, Iyi-Enu, Ogidi, a nearby
private hospital.

When the news of the incident filtered in,
the state Commissioner for Transport,
Chuma Mbodu, expressed regret that a
government official and vehicle were
involved in such an ugly development.
Mbodu said he was yet to get the true
picture of the accident, adding that
investigations were still in progress by the
ministry to get to the root of the matter.
The premises of the deceased’s school was
deserted when visited Vanguard, but a boy
who claimed to be one of the students, said
the deceased hailed from Enugu State.
“He joined our school just this third term but
because of his brilliance, the school
management appointed him the senior
prefect,’’ he said.
He added that the deceased was the only
son of the family and was just returning
home from school when he was killed close to
his house.
He alleged that the ATMA official was
chasing the commercial motorcyclist
apparently to arrest him for a traffic
offence before the cyclist in turn, hit the
boy to death.

Confirming the accident, Ogidi Divisional
Police Officer, DPO, Mr. Hassan Musa, said
investigation was on-going.
“That boy was a senior prefect of a
secondary school at Ogidi and we
commiserate with the family,” the DPO
stated
follow on twitter @anambrastate_ng

(1) (2) (3) ... (268) (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.