Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (274) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227353 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
cjrane:

Dude,
I don't need you to respect me. I get a lot of it amongst people that matter.
Now, i will repeat again incase you missed this from my previous posts. I am here to engage constructively with other TRUE Igbo people. I will not be afraid nor cowed by your threat to withdraw your "respect". Whatever that is worth. I am not here to be respected by any faceless person.[
I am here to rub minds with others to ponder the Igbo position in this unfortunate country and articulate the way forward.

And the way to go about this is to ostracize people who would likely serve as spies in the event of another scuffle with the north? You sure are brilliant! smiley

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
cjrane:

Dude,
I don't need you to respect me. I get a lot of it amongst people that matter.
Now, i will repeat again incase you missed this from my previous posts. I am here to engage constructively with other TRUE Igbo people. I will not be afraid nor cowed by your threat to withdraw your "respect". Whatever that is worth. I am not here to be respected by any faceless person.
I am here to rub minds with others to ponder the Igbo position in this unfortunate country and articulate the way forward.

by stigmatizing your fellow brothers for derailing instead of calling them to order and correcting them abi? so much for a "TRUE ARTICULATE IGBO"

If you had understood my stance i was pleading that the stigmatization was long over due, and not your Arabic caricature of a comment with respect to what happened days ago!!!!!!!!

As for the respect I have for you- ----------------------still booting---------------------

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 6:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
uduokirika1:

by stigmatizing your fellow brothers for derailing instead of calling them to order and correcting them abi? so much for a "TRUE ARTICULATE IGBO"

If you had understood my stance i was pleading that the stigmatization was long over due, and not your Arabic caricature of a comment with respect to what happened days ago!!!!!!!!

As for the respect I have for you- ----------------------still booting---------------------
Nwanne, when is Giwa going to host Gabros in jos? I'm in town and wouldn't wanna miss that "El classico" for any reason
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
[/b]
And the way to go about this is to ostracize people who would likely serve as spies in the event of another scuffle with the north? You sure are brilliant! smiley

i am not here to ostracize anyone nor beg them to "spy" anyone for me. I am not an intelligence officer that know how such things happen. I am an ordinary citizen that observe what has been going on in Nigeria and the gang up against the Igbo interest in this country.That is simply the reason it hurts me when the Igbo turn against themselves(Abagworo Vs. Chino war) rather than their oppressors. If you have read my posts as you claim, you will see i encourage a wide dissent of opinions because in hearing all shades of opinions, you are better informed about any issue.

Now, when in the middle of discussing issues or how to progress, someone with an apparent Igbo sounding name begins to speak in Hausa because someone disagrees with them, is an unbecoming behavior. The same man with the temerity to curse his brother in hausa cannot dare greet a hausa man in Igbo, talk less of cursing him in Igbo.

Since he likes speaking hausa, i know the hausa revere Arabic so much. Thus, i advised him to upgrade to Arabic which i'm sure will gain more respect than merely speaking hausa.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:22pm On Jun 06, 2015
Zonacom:

Nwanne, when is Giwa going to host Gabros in jos? I'm in town and wouldn't wanna miss that "El classico" for any reason

Gabros are Home against Dolphins after the window period before engaging Giwa in Rang Pam stadium a week later. I will try get the actual date and time.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 6:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
uduokirika1:

Gabros are Home against Dolphins after the window period before engaging Giwa in Rang Pam stadium a week later. I will try get the actual date and time.
Ok. l hope to watch the Rwang pam encounter. Something tells me the match will be a cracker. Meanwhile, whats up with the Kaita lone deal? Has it been sealed?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Lol..as much as I think cjrane went a bit too far I understand where he is coming from..an experience I had in owerri 10yrs ago explains it..we were entering a viewing center and there was some disagreement btw the owner of the event center and an imsu student who obviously was and born and brought up in Lagos and his name is Igbo was from the exchanges I was hearing..then those of us who knew the owner of the place prevailed on him to allow the student want the match and a friend I was with paid for the student..then instead of the imsu student to just relax and watch match he started this small opening raking and ranting for about one minute...nobody talked to him only for him to end the raking with shouting some Yoruba sentences(like the ones you hear area boys drop at times in Lagos cheesy)..

O boy want happened next lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:35pm On Jun 06, 2015
Zonacom:

Ok. l hope to watch the Rwang pam encounter. Something tells me the match will be a cracker. Meanwhile, whats up with the Kaita lone deal? Has it been sealed?

Kaita is currently with Gabros in Camp at Ihiala, though Rangers are still making case, lets see what happens after the window break.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 6:39pm On Jun 06, 2015
uduokirika1:

Kaita is currently with Gabros in Camp at Ihiala, though Rangers are still making case, lets see what happens after the window break.
Ok then. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Unemadu: 6:45pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
Were you not the same guy that created a thread barely 24 hours ago renouncing tribalism? Where do you fall on the matter? undecided

Translation: my friend, how is your wife?
Nothing tribal there

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nnewi1stSon: 6:52pm On Jun 06, 2015
Unemadu:

Translation: my friend, how is your wife?
Nothing tribal there
Bro, read between the lines, that rubbish was meant as a mockery not a question. I know better!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
Nnewi1stSon:
Were you not the same guy that created a thread barely 24 hours ago renouncing tribalism? Where do you fall on the matter? undecided

So abokiii is a bad thing, lol...mr man your problem is biblical.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
asha80:
Lol..as much as I think cjrane went a bit too far I understand where he is coming from..an experience I had in owerri 10yrs ago explains it..we were entering a viewing center and there was some disagreement btw the owner of the event center and an imsu student who obviously was and born and brought up in Lagos and his name is Igbo was from the exchanges I was hearing..then those of us who knew the owner of the place prevailed on him to allow the student want the match and a friend I was with paid for the student..then instead of the imsu student to just relax and watch match he started this small opening raking and ranting for about one minute...nobody talked to him only for him to end the raking with shouting some Yoruba sentences(like the ones you hear area boys drop at times in Lagos cheesy)..

O boy want happened next lipsrsealed

Asha,
I am personally not against people taking pride in other African languages. I speak yoruba very well. You just have to have a good sense of person, so that you can see what is better to emulate from other cultures and what is better in your own culture than the new culture. So that you don't copy wholesale and blindly. If you cannot see anything good about yourself, then you'd be a rolling stone and object of ridicule to others. In a way our younger generation have no sense of who they are and what forces have been shaping their lives. This is what concerns me the most.

As a person, i also believe in compromise just to let things be.However, I soon realized that i had actually learned this attitude from my parents as Igbo people! I soon asked my parents and others why they had this laid-back attitude of not speaking out against evil, and they said "The War"
Then, they refused to talk about "the war". My father, a former Biafran soldier, did recommend 2 books; "Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war" by Alex Madiebo, so that i could see the true sequence of the tragic events and the dairy of Ojukwu published as " Selected speeches & random thoughts" to understand the desperation of the time and why nobody wished to recall those days in stories.I had since added Faraway in the sky, an account of an American missionary and the legendary Chinua Achebe's personal account "There was a country".

These four books are a must for our youths to get a peek into why Nigeria is how it is and why we must change the tactics we have used in reacting to this oppression that started on May 27th, 1967. Unfortunately, nobody can find the time to tell you these facts unless you disciplined yourself to read and find out for yourself. I recommend these books especially to Chino and Abagworo. It will help them understand who they are and how others see them....and most importantly how to reason in order to see they are actually on the same side!

My point is that we tend to be afraid of speaking out against what we know in our hearts to be false for fear of being disrespected, labeled "Igbotic",illiterate, "tribalistic" or worse. While our adversaries donot hesitate to play the ethnic or religion card when it suits their cause.The reason why many more Igbos died in the second pogrom was simply that naivety of thought that we are all the same, "One Nigeria" and they see me as i see them.So i can call katsina my hometown and invest all my life savings there. What tragic fallacy!
The result of the acceptance of the so called "One Nigeria" heresy carefully sculpted to appear innocent so that our people now adopt the narratives and concoctions of their enemies as solemn facts! The first pogrom against the Igbo was spontaneous following the killing of Ironsi as a punishment for the "Igbo coup" that brought him to power, while the second pogrom was planned and systemic massacre only comparable in scale to the Rwanda massacre of Tutsis. The reason why it happened so successfully?......Disastrous underestimation of the intent of the people we call "Fellow" Nigerians. That is why Igbos have continued to invest all their money in god forsaken parts of the north and elsewhere trusting on the benevolence of those folks, just as our parents disastrously did just in the 1960s. The tragedy of it is that our people will believe they are from Kano or elsewhere simply because they were born there and speak hausa fluently just like Musa and Jibril that were born in the same hospital as them. Only for the facts to hit them at some point when they are treated differently! Just as our parents learned the hard way.
I know i have not made my point clearly in black and white, but it was deliberately intended to be fuzzy. So that people that can read between the lines and search the truth for themselves.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
CJrane, I respect!

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
CJ,
i will definitely read those works.
I also had a wonderful encounter with Frederick Forsyth's best seller. The making of an African Legend, the Biafra story.
An eye witness account most importantly by a NON-Nigerian . Everything in the preamble to the war were eerily similar to what we are experiencing today.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:28pm On Jun 06, 2015
Out-going Chairman of APGA Victor Ume with Labaran Maku & Obiano at Awka-Anambra State!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Awka-Anambra State during the APGA 2015 National Convention

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 10:13pm On Jun 06, 2015
"The tragedy of it is that
our people will believe they are from Kano or elsewhere simply because they were born there and speak hausa
fluently just like Musa and Jibril that were born in the same hospital as them."

I was born and brought up in Maiduguri,Borno state ,never had any ill feeling towards my tribe. I guess the self-hate thing is inborn?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2015
cjrane:

Asha,
I am personally not against people taking pride in other African languages. I speak yoruba very well. You just have to have a good sense of person, so that you can see what is better to emulate from other cultures and what is better in your own culture than the new culture. So that you don't copy wholesale and blindly. If you cannot see anything good about yourself, then you'd be a rolling stone and object of ridicule to others. In a way our younger generation have no sense of who they are and what forces have been shaping their lives. This is what concerns me the most.

As a person, i also believe in compromise just to let things be.However, I soon realized that i had actually learned this attitude from my parents as Igbo people! I soon asked my parents and others why they had this laid-back attitude of not speaking out against evil, and they said "The War"
Then, they refused to talk about "the war". My father, a former Biafran soldier, did recommend 2 books; "Nigerian revolution and the Biafran war" by Alex Madiebo, so that i could see the true sequence of the tragic events and the dairy of Ojukwu published as " Selected speeches & random thoughts" to understand the desperation of the time and why nobody wished to recall those days in stories.I had since added Faraway in the sky, an account of an American missionary and the legendary Chinua Achebe's personal account "There was a country".

These four books are a must for our youths to get a peek into why Nigeria is how it is and why we must change the tactics we have used in reacting to this oppression that started on May 27th, 1967. Unfortunately, nobody can find the time to tell you these facts unless you disciplined yourself to read and find out for yourself. I recommend these books especially to Chino and Abagworo. It will help them understand who they are and how others see them....and most importantly how to reason in order to see they are actually on the same side!

My point is that we tend to be afraid of speaking out against what we know in our hearts to be false for fear of being disrespected, labeled "Igbotic",illiterate, "tribalistic" or worse. While our adversaries donot hesitate to play the ethnic or religion card when it suits their cause.The reason why many more Igbos died in the second pogrom was simply that naivety of thought that we are all the same, "One Nigeria" and they see me as i see them.So i can call katsina my hometown and invest all my life savings there. What tragic fallacy!
The result of the acceptance of the so called "One Nigeria" heresy carefully sculpted to appear innocent so that our people now adopt the narratives and concoctions of their enemies as solemn facts! The first pogrom against the Igbo was spontaneous following the killing of Ironsi as a punishment for the "Igbo coup" that brought him to power, while the second pogrom was planned and systemic massacre only comparable in scale to the Rwanda massacre of Tutsis. The reason why it happened so successfully?......Disastrous underestimation of the intent of the people we call "Fellow" Nigerians. That is why Igbos have continued to invest all their money in god forsaken parts of the north and elsewhere trusting on the benevolence of those folks, just as our parents disastrously did just in the 1960s. The tragedy of it is that our people will believe they are from Kano or elsewhere simply because they were born there and speak hausa fluently just like Musa and Jibril that were born in the same hospital as them. Only for the facts to hit them at some point when they are treated differently! Just as our parents learned the hard way.
I know i have not made my point clearly in black and white, but it was deliberately intended to be fuzzy. So that people that can read between the lines and search the truth for themselves.
Luvly piece, u just restored my respect for ur intelectual acumen. Like I said earlier infos just like this is what we really need to redirect rather than stigmatizing.

I've read all these books u highlighted and more with respect to d civil war! My dad too was an ex biafran soldier so I ve most of d biafra war history at my finger tips and also know that the greatest enemy of thhe igboman is himself just as you've highlighted believing in vague country.

Therefore it pains me so much when I see fellow igbos bashing and castigating each other especially on public fora just as this. I advocate strongly for uto nwanne ( which I refer to. as d nearest neighbour system) whereby d more informed draws his/her subordinate closer thereby bridging d gap of mediocrity.however some actions and inactions of some of us have made me to believe we still have a long way to educating ourselves on the intricacies bedeviling regional growth of the Igbo economy.

After seeing the likes of Chino, Abagworo, Customize07 & co done collateral damage on our already covalencing image I decided to stick strickly to sports update on this thread
But seeing you of all people whom I hold in high esteem post an Arabic content in a bid to chide a brother was. What prompted my immediate response.

What we need now is a centrifugal reorientation to accomodating our brothers and sister's strenghts and weaknesses!

Udo diri unu

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 12:30am On Jun 07, 2015
cjrane:

Asha,

nice piece there, I just got the book "there was a country" sometime last week,but laziness and work won't allow me read up till now. But before that, I had read "why we struck", a book written by a yoruba ex soldier (adewale ademoyega) about the war. He was on the biafran side, though under circumstance! .....his people rejected him because of the role he played in the 1967 coop. After reading through your write up, I had a renewed burst of energy to go through the book squarely. Thanks bro

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:43am On Jun 07, 2015
investnow2013:
I thought that He is from Abia-State, but was told that he is from Anambra-State!

I don't really care about where he is from or who he is , so long Ohamadike is out it's all good. Umeh is the reason why Obi left Apga ,he didnt stop there he almost destroyed the party. He think he can fight Obi and still survive in Anambra....hehe
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 12:49am On Jun 07, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

One hopes they are able to replace all the old buildings in main market with modern buildings. Also, making space for eateries or relaxation places in those buildings. The absence of abundant eateries or decent restaurants inside decent buildings with cleanliness of the restaurant environment to the level of at least Mr. Biggs, makes visiting main market an unpleasant event even for the locals. Visiting Onitsha main market should actually be developed into a tourist level activity that should be pleasurable to do by visitors to the city.

I am just seeing this...Replacing them might be asking for too much but remodeling them,separating residential building from commercial ones. In fact , Obiano has a lot of work to do as regards aesthetic of the state. Money is also involved and it won't happen overnight. Ndidi bu ogwu uwa.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 1:10am On Jun 07, 2015
cjrane:

Asha,

Odogwu nwannem,nmadu ka eji aka; This post aptly described my state of mind when I speak about the stupidity of those Igbo who has several mansions littered all over sw and north but not a drop of sand in Igboland. Odenigbo will not build a goat barn na be ndi ofe m'obu ndi awusha!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 2:15am On Jun 07, 2015
Bishop42:
"The tragedy of it is that
our people will believe they are from Kano or elsewhere simply because they were born there and speak hausa
fluently just like Musa and Jibril that were born in the same hospital as them."

I was born and brought up in Maiduguri,Borno state ,never had any ill feeling towards my tribe. I guess the self-hate thing is inborn?

Very few people will believe I was born in Plateau state ,partly grew in Lagos,Anambra and Benin but not for a second will I ever believe in that deceit called "one Nigeria". Unor okuko munwa bu Odenigbo ama aluia na be ndi ofe na awusha.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:35am On Jun 07, 2015
Zonacom:

Didn't know the little convo we had in hausa the other day actually got some mofos pained. Some people just hate for no reason
PEOPLE ARE SILLY....HOW CAN YOU HAVE CONVO IN HAUSA ON IGBO THREAD ..THAT IS AFFRONT AND SILLY. TO SENSIBILITY OF IGBO

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 6:43am On Jun 07, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Odogwu nwannem,nmadu ka eji aka; This post aptly described my state of mind when I speak about the stupidity of those Igbo who has several mansions littered all over sw and north but not a drop of sand in Igboland. Odenigbo will not build a goat barn na be ndi ofe m'obu ndi awusha!

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND US..WE THINK WE ARE SMART BUT STUPID ..HOW CAN IGBO MAN BUILD MANSION IN LEKKI AND SMALL HOUSE IN EAST..THE ONLY HOUSE I WILL BUILD IN ANYPLACE APART FROM IGBO LAND IS SMALL 3 BED ROOM ..ALL MY INVESTMENT IS IN IGBO SPEAKING

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by rafindo(m): 7:17am On Jun 07, 2015
asha80:
only regional banks and not commercial banks..there is no revolution in this aspect with commercial banks..stop getting unnecessarily emotional and raissing hopes here
the guy raise up men.full of emotions he refuse to differentiate between dreams ND realities. I laugh at how clueless apga can be.it shows u how uneducated they are about our laws.the constitution entails that all party must have their national hqtr at abuja in other to prevent sectionalism.even when the defunct acn was existing the national hqtr was still abuja.this at this junction I can conclude convincingly Igbo as no leader.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Zonacom(m): 7:21am On Jun 07, 2015
tonychristopher:

PEOPLE ARE SILLY....HOW CAN YOU HAVE CONVO IN HAUSA ON IGBO THREAD ..THAT IS AFFRONT AND SILLY. TO SENSIBILITY OF IGBO
Noted. Happy sunday
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 7:23am On Jun 07, 2015
Bona, I admire you for your peaceful disposition. Dalu.. smiley

Zonacom:

Noted. Happy sunday
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:38am On Jun 07, 2015
rafindo:
the guy raise up men.full of emotions he refuse to differentiate between dreams ND realities. I laugh at how clueless apga can be.it shows u how uneducated they are about our laws.the constitution entails that all party must have their national hqtr at abuja in other to prevent sectionalism.even when the defunct acn was existing the national hqtr was still abuja.this at this junction I can conclude convincingly Igbo as no leader.
Which part of the constitution are you talking about?. Please Nwanne educate us!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:33am On Jun 07, 2015
River Niger Bridge at Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:35am On Jun 07, 2015
River Niger Bridge at Night

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.