Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,042 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (272) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1226707 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 05, 2015
uduokirika1:
[size=18pt]GOV. OBIANO SHOULD BE WARY OF THIS BEFORE IT METAMORPHOSES TO SOMETHING ELSE[/size](from ndi mpiwa azu to ndi ogbuochu!!!!!

Barely five days after last
Sunday’s ill-fated petrol tanker disaster
that left about 70 persons dead at Asaba
Motor Park, Upper Iweka, Onitsha, another
auto crash, Thursday, claimed two lives at
Ogidi, near Onitsha.
The accident, according to an eyewitness,
occurred when an official of Anambra State
Traffic Management Agency, ATMA, (names
withheld), hit a commercial motorcyclist at
Ugwu Nwasike Round-about, Ogidi.
According to the source, as soon as the
ATMA Sports Utility Vehicle, SUV hit the
cyclist, the cyclist in turn, knocked down a
passerby, who was later identified as Emeka
Ogbu, a Senior Prefect of Day Star
Secondary School, Ogidi.
Both the cyclist and the senior prefect died
minutes after they were rushed to New
Mayor’s Hospital, Iyi-Enu, Ogidi, a nearby
private hospital.

When the news of the incident filtered in,
the state Commissioner for Transport,
Chuma Mbodu, expressed regret that a
government official and vehicle were
involved in such an ugly development.
Mbodu said he was yet to get the true
picture of the accident, adding that
investigations were still in progress by the
ministry to get to the root of the matter.
The premises of the deceased’s school was
deserted when visited Vanguard, but a boy
who claimed to be one of the students, said
the deceased hailed from Enugu State.
“He joined our school just this third term but
because of his brilliance, the school
management appointed him the senior
prefect,’’ he said.
He added that the deceased was the only
son of the family and was just returning
home from school when he was killed close to
his house.
He alleged that the ATMA official was
chasing the commercial motorcyclist
apparently to arrest him for a traffic
offence before the cyclist in turn, hit the
boy to death.

Confirming the accident, Ogidi Divisional
Police Officer, DPO, Mr. Hassan Musa, said
investigation was on-going.
“That boy was a senior prefect of a
secondary school at Ogidi and we
commiserate with the family,” the DPO
stated
follow on twitter @anambrastate_ng

Are there no other ways of effecting arrest of offenders other than this crude method
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yellowsun: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
uduokirika1:

Are there no other ways of effecting arrest of offenders other than this crude method

I believe the bill is yet to be passed to the House of assembly how come its implementation? However I still trust Obiano has what it takes to sanitize our state once and for all but it must be within the dictates of the rule of law.

well done with those Otu nkwo pixs.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:23pm On Jun 05, 2015
This will set in motion for other malls to berth in the city of Onitsha. The consumer is just much as even people from other states visit the city. Such a huge mall.

, you sure this gonna be ready by September?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:
This will set in motion for other malls to berth in the city of Onitsha. The consumer is just much as even people from other states visit the city. Such a huge mall.

, you sure this gonna be ready by September?
You can see for yourself, I took these pics last week, what I saw on ground I'm convinced the mall will be ready

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2015
smiley...I'm a very patient lady,you know.....

Malawian:
all these rubbish started with chino trying to bully peppyluv. it was this same chino that ruined osymerga's thread.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:46pm On Jun 05, 2015
FKO81:

You can see for yourself, I took these pics last week, what I saw on ground I'm convinced the mall will be ready

Yeah! Going by the pix and if they maintain this tempo the Shoprite facility should be ready even before September. I think the Awka and Nnewi malls will be coming on stream much later in the year. Good job!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:32pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:

Yeah! Going by the pix and if they maintain this tempo the Shoprite facility should be ready even before September. I think the Awka and Nnewi malls will be coming on stream much later in the year. Good job!
Not sure about Awka and Nnewi malls although works are going on but they are far......
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 9:55pm On Jun 05, 2015
SpaceTour:
Main market is actually evolving into malls/plazas. Good one!

One hopes they are able to replace all the old buildings in main market with modern buildings. Also, making space for eateries or relaxation places in those buildings. The absence of abundant eateries or decent restaurants inside decent buildings with cleanliness of the restaurant environment to the level of at least Mr. Biggs, makes visiting main market an unpleasant event even for the locals. Visiting Onitsha main market should actually be developed into a tourist level activity that should be pleasurable to do by visitors to the city.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 05, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

One hopes they are able to replace all the old buildings in main market with modern buildings. Also, making space for eateries or relaxation places in those buildings. The absence of abundant eateries or decent restaurants inside decent buildings with cleanliness of the restaurant environment to the level of at least Mr. Biggs, makes visiting main market an unpleasant event even for the locals. Visiting Onitsha main market should actually be developed into a tourist level activity that should be pleasurable to do by visitors to the city.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 12:07am On Jun 06, 2015
I have modified Page one I'll do the same in few pages. One love!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 10:25am On Jun 06, 2015
New construction of bridge ( Anam people)towns that make up Anambra west local govt.Mmiata Anam,Umuoba abegbu Anam,umunwelum Anam,oroma etiti,umueze Anam,inoma akator Anam,Nzam. Wikipedia said they have the largest oil reserve in nigeria and large amount of untapped gas cool

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anambra_West

13 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 10:32am On Jun 06, 2015
This Obiano of a man is blowing my mind with excellent performance. This long bridge is supposed to link the oil rig and another link to connect the dual-carriage way airport road. This is what real development and advancement is about. Whoa!

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:11am On Jun 06, 2015
Anambra-State di uto!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sexylogan(m): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
peppyluv02:
smiley...I'm a very patient lady,you know.....

smiley
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Work going on

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 12:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
SpaceTour:
This Obiano of a man is blowing my mind with excellent performance. This long bridge is supposed to link the oil rig and another link to connect the dualcarriage airport road. This is what real development and advancement is about. Whoa!
Ife na eme na obodo nwanne cool

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:31pm On Jun 06, 2015
NOBLEDANDY:
Work going on

My biggest fear about Nnewi Mall is that it was designed to carry a car parking lot in the roof. This will make it exorbitantly expensive to build. Even when it is a small size.Since it is like building a bridge on top of a mall. They could easily have used the ground floor as the parking lot and used the first and second floor as mall space which would still be cheaper to build than the current design of having the parking lot situated on the first floor.
What needs to happen is to change the design especially with putting the parking lot on the ground floor and make the mall a multistorey building to have as much space as it ever requires.
The building below is a mall, with the parking lot below

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
You are right but I think the parking at the roof top is just limited. The open paved lawn will still have bulk of the parking space. The Nnewi Triangle that I know is such a large site that accommodate over a thousand cars. Let us see how it all plays out.

cjrane:

My biggest fear about Nnewi Mall is that it was designed to carry a car parking lot in the roof. This will make it exorbitantly expensive to build. Even when it is a small size.Since it is like building a bridge on top of a mall. They could easily have used the ground floor as the parking lot and used the first and second floor as mall space which would still be cheaper to build than the current design of having the parking lot situated on the first floor.
What needs to happen is to change the design especially with putting the parking lot on the ground floor and make the mall a multisorey building to have as much space as it ever requires.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:55pm On Jun 06, 2015
chinolization:
You are right but I think the parking at the roof top is just limited. The open paved lawn will still have bulk of the parking space. The Nnewi Triangle that I know is such a large site. Let us see how it all plays out.

Do you know why bridge pillars are usually so big? Do you know why bridges or flyovers cost much much more than buildings?
Because they are designed to carry dead weight of vehicles. A volkwagen beetle car weighs over 1,000 pounds or one ton , while a VW golf car weighs over 3,000 pounds when it has nobody inside! That is about the weight of 20-25 grown up men for the weight of just one small VW golf car! Nowadays. cars are built with more comfort and more are SUVs so they weigh 3 or 4 times more than a VW beetle. Not to talk about when the cars have any luggage in the boot.
That is why engineers typically prefer to use the earth surface or ground floor as parking to carry the dead weight of vehicles. While the weight of building (which is the weight of the bricks and the maximum number of people expected inside at every time) can typically be calculated and built without too much structural support needed by building bridge like pillars.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jun 06, 2015
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed angry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 1:02pm On Jun 06, 2015
That's a good point!

cjrane:

Do you know why bridge pillars are usually so big? Do you know why bridges or flyovers cost much much more than buildings?
Because they are designed to carry dead weight of vehicles. A volkwagen beetle car weighs 1,000 pounds or one ton when it has nobody inside! That is about the weight of 8-10 grown up men. Nowadays. cars are built with more comfort and more are SUVs so they weigh 3 or 4 times more than a VW beetle. Not to talk about when the cars have any luggage in the boot.
That is why engineers typically prefer to use the earth surface or ground floor as parking to carry the dead weight of vehicles. While the weight of building (which is the weight of the bricks and the maximum number of people expected inside at every time) can typically be calculated and built without too much structural support needed by building bridge like pillars.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
Obiano on inspection of Agureri-Otu link bridge in Anambra-East lga of Anambra State. This is where Orient Petroleum Company & One Gas Company are operating!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:17pm On Jun 06, 2015
Agureri-Otu Linked Bridge Under Construction by Anambra State Govt!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2015
Obiano is bringing everything Home including Party Convention which is now happening in Awka-Anambra State of Alaigbo

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
Everything cannot be done in Lagos or Abuja When we have an Igbo Nationalist like Obiano in charge of Anambra-State! of Alaigbo!. Apga Party Headquaters is under-Construction in Awka! Very soon Bank Headquaters will be relocated to Onitsha Anambra State of Alaigbo!. Orient Petroleum Company have its Headquaters in Awka!. Now! Kedu ihe ji gi ime ka Aku gi ruo uno?.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:38pm On Jun 06, 2015
More From Awka-Anambra State The venue of APGA National Convention!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 1:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
investnow2013:
Everything cannot be done in Lagos or Abuja When we have an Igbo Nationalist like Obiano in charge of Anambra-State! of Alaigbo!. Apga Party Headquaters is under-Construction in Awka! Very soon Bank Headquaters will be relocated to Onitsha Anambra State of Alaigbo!. Orient Petroleum Company have its Headquaters in Awka!. Now! Kedu ihe ji gi ime ka Aku gi ruo uno?.
forget bank headquarters..that ain't happening

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2015
asha80:
forget bank headquarters..that ain't happening
How about regional Bank?. I was told that one of the regional banks owned by Anambraman with Anambra State Govt shareholding & Support will Kick-Start the Revolution on that Front!.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 2:00pm On Jun 06, 2015
Arrival of Obiano at The Convention Ground Awka-Anambra State!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 2:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
investnow2013:
How about regional Bank?. I was told that one of the regional bank owned by Anambraman with Anambra State Govt shareholding & Support will Kick-Start the Revolution on that Front!.
only regional banks and not commercial banks..there is no revolution in this aspect with commercial banks..stop getting unnecessarily emotional and raissing hopes here
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 2:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
asha80:
only regional banks and not commercial banks..there is no revolution in this aspect with commercial banks..stop getting unnecessarily emotional and raissing hopes here
Asha80! Bank is Bank! Whether commercial or regional!. it will surely happen!.What is sure is that it will start not long from now!.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (269) (270) (271) (272) (273) (274) (275) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.