Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227111 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abagworo:

Kano is an ancient city but yet looks more like a city to me than everything we have in Southeast and South-south except Port Harcourt. Take a look at the few tall buildings and their quality.
this the quality of houses in owerri imo state or visit

www.nairaland.com/1054852/few-pics-imo-state/196
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 3:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
Please go and post that nonsense on the useless imo state thread. We do not need it here. Thank u

Scholes007:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by IGBOSON2: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abagworo:

Kano is an ancient city but yet looks more like a city to me than everything we have in Southeast and South-south except Port Harcourt. Take a look at the few tall buildings and their quality.

^^^Maybe if Anambra could do a little hocus-pokus and magically conjure a couple more fictitious local gov't area and ojoro population after counting everything in a census but the kitchen sink; and more importantly, if the can get the useless federal gov't and the rest of Nigeria to accept such brazenness.......then maybe Anambra can get a flyover and two or three highrise buildings like we see in the pic you attached! Never mind the fact that with all this they'd also have to contend with hordes of out of school kids, begging and prime targets for terrorist recruiters!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:55pm On Jun 10, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:59pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abagworo:

You lack common sense,very stupiid for my liken, ediot you call our efforts and style of buildings Igbotic, Igbos rebuilt their cities after civil war and even our enemies are still shocked for what we have achieved, instead to appreciate our achievements you are rubbishing them, your contributions always off point, I have noticed your hatred towards Anambra people, your frustrations and hatred ends in your keyboard and online, I will advice you to come down to head-bridge Onitsha, look round the city drive round Anambra state, read more about them, you will know that the state is too BIG for chi-cken like you and your likes to hoodwink.
Monkeey what will you call this skyline from Czech republic? Probably Czechtic

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 4:02pm On Jun 10, 2015
chinolization:
Please go and post that nonsense on the useless imo state thread. We do not need it here. Thank u

go through my posts and tell me if i am imo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:35pm On Jun 10, 2015
Awka-Anambra State

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2015
Abagworo:

Your hatred for Anambra will kill you soon, anu mpama.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:40pm On Jun 10, 2015
Scholes007:

Nnaa,iwe yi adina oku mana biko kwusi itinye picture n'esiro Anambra ebea.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:41pm On Jun 10, 2015
Awka bukwasi Obodo Oyibo!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 4:54pm On Jun 10, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,iwe yi adina oku mana biko kwusi itinye picture n'esiro Anambra ebea.
ewela iwe ka m wepu ya
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2015
Umunnem! Investing at ''Home'' have now become a ''Must'' for our people with the news of what i heard happening in Lagos!.Obiano Policy of Making Anambra-State the number '1' destination for any investment is now making sense for some of our People!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2015
I suggest that every Town Unions & Village associations in Anambra-State should be pro-active like the 'Great' People of Nnewi did after Niger-zoo civil war by making it mandatory for all their people to invest 50% of their investment at home!

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:18pm On Jun 10, 2015
Igbo bu Igbo kunie! Anambra Umunnem kunie nooo!. If we arise!, Our brothers in Benue, Edo,Delta,Rivers,Bayelsa,Akwaibom,Cross-Rivers,Abia,Imo & Enugu will join us!.There are many investment opportunities in our Land to invest in!. Obiano said that he want to end our dependant on Ibadan for Day Old Chicks for our Poultry Industry in the whole of the Southern Nigeria For instance.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 10:23pm On Jun 10, 2015
IGBOSON2:

^^^Maybe if Anambra could do a little hocus-pokus and magically conjure a couple more fictitious local gov't area and ojoro population after counting everything in a census but the kitchen sink; and more importantly, if the can get the useless federal gov't and the rest of Nigeria to accept such brazenness.......then maybe Anambra can get a flyover and two or three highrise buildings like we see in the pic you attached! Never mind the fact that with all this they'd also have to contend with hordes of out of school kids, begging and prime targets for terrorist recruiters!

Bro, don't mind the ediot pretending that he does not know that Apart from big oil producing states, Kano, Lagos and Katsina in that order get the lion share of federal allocations. All out of brazen falsification of our census data.
I am happy that the north gets its way so that the south will have some sense someday. The people in the southwest believe that supporting northern agenda to spite the SE and SS is a good political strategy. We just have to reciprocate their gesture.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:01pm On Jun 10, 2015
Obiano at the Commissioning of Nkpor Junction -Amawbia Section Of Onitsha - Enugu Old Road come with new install traffic lights Ikemba dey salute una cool

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Kingsley1000(m): 6:16am On Jun 11, 2015
Please what's anambra state government doing concerning that waste dump at owerri road opposite metrological/material institute in obosi.if you'v passed through that route recently,you'll notice that it's an eyesore,and an unpleasant sight to behold,it's even escalating to road side,those pungent stinking odour surging out from it isn't good for one's health...i learnt that people from asaba,parts of delta,imo in close proximity to onitsha use to dump their there..what's the government doing in evacuating these refuse(perhaps constructing a recycling system will help in utilizing these wastes especially the plastics,rubber and metals,transit into producing another package like what is obtainable in developed nations)...the prime problem of anambra people is dirtyness,cleanliness isnt in our culture at all,is very appalling..Do we have commisioner of environment?if we do,he should be proactive by inculcating the spirit of cleanliness and enlighten people on how imperative it's to our health.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 6:34am On Jun 11, 2015
This empowerment is cool. Self dependence is the way to go. In the next 5 to 10 years more Innosons and Ibetos will spring up and keep providing employment to our graduates.

Obiano Flags-off ASBA, Disburse Funds to MSMEs

History was made today with the Flag-Off of the Anambra Small Business Agency (ASBA) and Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise Development Fund Scheme by the governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano at the Governor’s Lodge Amawbia.

Some beneficiary firms engaged in bakery & beverage production, PVC pipe manufacturing, poultry & fish feed production, production of steel & associated materials, and production of aluminium cooking pots received their cheques at the event.

The Managing Director/CEO of ASBA, Mr. Clement Chukwuka‎ confirmed that these funds are not free but are being provided to beneficiaries at a flat rate of 9% without hidden charges.http://anambrariansnews.com.ng/?p=12676

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 6:42am On Jun 11, 2015
Kingsley1000:
Please what's anambra state government doing concerning that waste dump at owerri road opposite metrological/material institute in obosi.if you'v passed through that route recently,you'll notice that it's an eyesore,and an unpleasant sight to behold,it's even escalating to road side,those pungent stinking odour surging out from it isn't good for one's health...i learnt that people from asaba,parts of delta,imo in close proximity to onitsha use to dump their there..what's the government doing in evacuating these refuse(perhaps constructing a recycling system will help in utilizing these wastes especially the plastics,rubber and metals,transit into producing another package like what is obtainable in developed nations)...[[s]i]the prime problem of anambra people is dirtyness,cleanliness isnt in our culture [[/s]/i]at all,is very appalling..Do we have commisioner of environment?if we do,he should be proactive by inculcating the spirit of cleanliness and enlighten people on how imperative it's to our health.

9 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:44am On Jun 11, 2015
2015 AFN Golden League: Obiano to commission Anambra’s first tartan track today

History will be made in Anambra today, as the state Governor Willie Obiano will commission the state’s first tartan track at Rojenny Stadium, Oba, Anambra State.

Since its creation from the old East Central State in 1991, Anambra, the state that gave Nigeria great athletes like Innocent Egbunike, the national record holder in 400m, world championships and Olympics medalist and Mary Onyali, also an Olympics medalist does not have tartan track.

Athletes from the state travelled to Delta, Enugu or Edo states to train, some even relocated to Lagos or Abuja.

But thanks to the effort and the foresight of Obiano, the ugly story has been consigned to the archives; Anambra athletes can now train at home. Yussuf Alli, AFN Golden Manager , Meet Manager , said a full house is expected at the meet as Anambrans are highly excited and can’t wait for the event to start.

Also the cream of home based athletes from all the nooks and crannies of Nigeria are trooping into Anambra to be part of the epoch occasion and also to win the prize money and points which could help them win the N1. 5 million jackpot at the end of the Golden League.

The Golden League and the Warri Relays and CAA Grand Prix are also to assist them prepare for the AFN/CRS All Nigeria Athletics Championships which will serve as trial for the Beijing 2015 IAAF World Championship and 2015b All Africa Games in Congo.

The top six male and female athletes that meet the standards set for any of the Golden League events will receive individual cash prizes as follows:1st – N40,000, 2nd – N30,000, 3rd – N20,000, 4th – N15,000, 5th – N10,000,6th - N5,000. For the top-3 relay teams that meet the standards set for the relay events will receive cash prizes as follows: 1st -N40,000, 2nd -N30,000, 3rd – N20,000.

Top-three male and female athletes that meet the standards set for the promotional events would receive cash prizes as follows: 1st – N25,000, 2nd – N20,000 and 3rd – N15,000.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 9:56am On Jun 11, 2015
Anambra traffic management Agency(ATMA) managing road traffic in Awka/Onitsha express way, the road is still under construction, don't mind my chinco camera.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 10:03am On Jun 11, 2015
Greenwood city road under-construction

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogatenemy: 10:05am On Jun 11, 2015
If only Obiano can create Onitsha city council, responsible for paving all the streets roads, street lights and closing the gutters, plus pedestrian side walk.

We will be getting some where.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:15am On Jun 11, 2015
waternogatenemy:
If only Obiano can create Onitsha city council, responsible for paving all the streets roads and closing the gutters, plus pedestrian side walk.

We will be getting some where.

That's why we have Local Governments. But it's a pity the local governments in Nigeria have been rendered useless.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogatenemy: 10:20am On Jun 11, 2015
cnario:

That's why we have Local Governments. But it's a pity the local governments in Nigeria have been rendered useless.

It is important Obiano sets up a special unit to undertake that task in Onitsha. It falls into his domain. Onitsha can expand later, but for now, let us clean up.

Let us demolish unsuitable dwelling, street light, clean the markets, even rebuild them, we are paying and doing this in Lagos, why not Onitsha?

It is only a blind person that cannot see the potential of Onitsha as a gold mine.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 1:13pm On Jun 11, 2015
FKO81:
Greenwood city road under-construction
Great pics Frank!
Thank you for supporting this thread with regular updates.

My only plea with those building that greenwood road is to pit gutter on both sides and make sure the tared road reached the edge of the gutter.We know that the type of clay-based soil we have holds water for long, which makes it vulnerable to road failure unless gutters are provided to channel the water away.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 2:25pm On Jun 11, 2015
OreMI22:

Great pics Frank!
Thank you for supporting this thread with regular updates.

My only plea with those building that greenwood road is to pit gutter on both sides and make sure the tared road reached the edge of the gutter.We know that the type of clay-based soil we have holds water for long, which makes it vulnerable to road failure unless gutters are provided to channel the water away.
I'm sure the contractor handling the road will pit gutter and walkway on both.
Amaku road Awka.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 2:33pm On Jun 11, 2015
Awka express road

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 2:39pm On Jun 11, 2015
FKO81:

I'm sure the contractor handling the road will pit gutter and walkway on both.
Amaku road Awka.

Those gutters give me extra joy! Even though they are open, and should have been covered. But the fact they exist at all gives me immense joy!
Yes, i hope they don't forget adding gutters beside our roads. It is too important judging from the nature of our soil.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
Be-careful of substance you take for sex enhance drugs they are killer pills cool

[b]Sad news! 2 University students in Anambra State found dead after using sex enhancing drugs
Two students of a University in Anambra State were found dead in a hostel room located near their school, according to a report by Daily Independent. (the late lovers pictured pictured above)
The female student is from Imo State. She visited her boy friend and they went in together on Saturday but never woke up until their doors were forced open by the police after a neighbor raised the alarm.The male student was 300level student of public administration. They allegedly died after sex romp and their neighbors never knew until their bodies started decomposing.
The guy allegedly drugged the girl to have access to free sex which resulted to her death and he equally took the pills and lay beside her.
Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) from Awkuzu removed both bodies and deposited then at an undisclosed morgue.
The Police Public Relation Officer (PPRO), DSP Uche Ezeh while reacting to the incident said investigations were ongoing to ascertain the veracity of the case but confirmed the incident while charting with Daily Independent Metro.
Source [/b]

http://newsflash9ja..com/2015/06/sad-news-2-university-students-in.html

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 3:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
I open this thread October last year, few pics that I took then, we can see the impacts Gov Willie has created in Awka within one year of his administration

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.