Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,401 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1227604 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

I have typically noticed that it is our people in USA that understand that building basic infrastructure is more important than trying to replicate new York city. This realization often comes with traveling and living abroad especially in a place like USA that has multiple levels of great cities.

I have the same pain when people talk about replicating Lagos in the SE or replicating Onitsha in Nnewi or Awka. it all goes to show they have missed the whole lesson on sustainable cities.

Many average American cities that are not the huge ones such as (Atlanta,New york,Boston,Los Angeles,Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago,Washington DC,Baltimore) have just every amenity, working public utilities and ability to support business than the mega cities. Therefore, there is no need to replicate Miami in Jacksonville because whatever is obtainable in Miami is also obtainable in Jacksonville. Therefore, replicating flawed mega cities is just the worst type of mindset.

As Odenigbo said, putting in the BASIC infrastructure in a planned conducive city is all you need. ofcourse, the idea of building business parks which Obi started in Onitsha then stopped is an excellent tool used by small American cities to provide standard office spaces within designated areas of the city to enable businesses to easily find lettable office space to set up.Some may want to use central business district, it's fine. but it mustn't be a term always associated with skyscrapers and sorts.

We can talk about providing business parks for many SE cities to enable business lettable office spaces within the city to set up easily, but aiming to build empty skyscrapers just to compete with elsewhere betrays one's vain mindset.
simply put

All these replication new York in in Onitsha talks makes me shake my head...strive to put basic amenities that drive towns and cities first

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 6:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
I think the last administration set the ball rolling by introducing Onitsha Business Parks. Of which Obiano is taking the whole thing to another level.

Pictures 1 and 2 is the first Onitsha Business Park containing SE regional offices of NSE and SEC. There are also good number of financial institutions there too. 3 and 4 is the second Onitsha Business Park comprising Telcom companies, Techs IT and service firms.

We need more of this to spread in our region.

ChimaAdeoye:

I have typically noticed that it is our people in USA that understand that building basic infrastructure is more important than trying to replicate new York city. This realization often comes with traveling and living abroad especially in a place like USA that has multiple levels of great cities.

Many average American cities that are not the huge ones such as (Atlanta,New york,Boston,Los Angeles,Miami, Houston, Dallas, Chicago,Washington DC,Baltimore) have just every amenity, working public utilities and ability to support business than the mega cities. Therefore, there is no need to replicate Miami in Jacksonville because whatever is obtainable in Miami is also obtainable in Jacksonville. Therefore, replicating flawed mega cities is just the worst type of mindset.

As Odenigbo said, putting in the BASIC infrastructure in a planned conducive city is all you need. ofcourse, the idea of building business parks which Obi started in Onitsha then stopped is an excellent tool used by small American cities to provide standard office spaces within designated areas of the city to enable businesses to easily find lettable office space to set up.Some may want to use central business district, it's fine. but it mustn't be a term always associated with skyscrapers and sorts.

We can talk about providing business parks for many SE cities to enable business lettable office spaces within the city to set up easily, but aiming to build empty skyscrapers just to compete with elsewhere betrays one's vain mindset.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B69U: 7:08pm On Jun 12, 2015
asha80:
simply put

All these replication new York in in Onitsha talks makes me shake my head...strive to put basic amenities that drive towns and cities first

Wat is currently happening in the east? Why remain basic level forever? Man must grow.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:22pm On Jun 12, 2015
B69U:

Wat is currently happening in the east? Why remain basic level forever? Man must grow.
do you have good roads tansversing your town?are all pathways tarred?do you have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply in your home town?do you have a mail office in your home town?do you have reticulated pipe borne clean water in all the houses in your him town?do you have quality primary and secondary schools that can compete with Malaysia in your hometown? If you have all these the move to the next level

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B69U: 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2015
asha80:
do you have good roads tansversing your town?are all pathways tarred?do you have 24hrs uninterrupted power supply in your home town?do you have a mail office in your home town?do you have reticulated pipe borne clean water in all the houses in your him town?do you have quality primary and secondary schools that can compete with Malaysia in your hometown? If you have all these the move to the next level

U are answering questions with questions? I said wat are they presently working on in the east. The answer should be all the above. Why plan one by one, if u have the bigger picture. The bigger picture makes things happen faster without error with an all inclusive approach.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2015
B69U:

U are answering questions with questions? I said wat are they presently working on in the east. The answer should be all the above. Why plan one by one, if u see can have the bigger picture. The bigger picture makes things happen faster without error.
having bigger picture without taking into consideration the historical settlement and sense of loyalty of the average easterner is a waste of time

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B69U: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2015
asha80:
having bigger picture without taking into consideration the historical settlement and sense of loyalty of the average easterner is a waste of time
I am sure that will be considered and factored into the bigger picture. Ultimately, change will be embraced as the only constant factor in life.

They will embrace the future and all the benefit it has to offer them and not fight it. Fighting will be futile.

With that said, asha08 ur kind of people are in every ethnic group, they are never ready for change or the next level, so they fight it, but later appreciate it and its benefit. grin

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:41pm On Jun 12, 2015
B69U:

I am sure that will be considered and factored into the bigger picture. Ultimately, change will be embraced as the only constant factor in life.

They will embrace the future and all the benefit it has to offer them and not fight it. Fighting will be futile.

With that said, asha08 ur kind of people are in every ethnic group, they are never ready for change or the next level, so they fight it, but later appreciate it and its benefit. grin
nope I like facing reality instead of being unnecessarily emotional about issues

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:43pm On Jun 12, 2015
Omambala erika..

press release

Former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and businessman Sir Emeka Offor signed an agreement today for a partnership to eliminate river blindness (onchocerciasis) from seven states in Nigeria where The Carter Center works with the Federal Ministry of Health, including Sir Emeka's home state, Anambra. The project is made possible by grant support of USD$10 million from the Sir Emeka Offor Foundation (SEOF). It will help reach the goal of eliminating river blindness from the world's most endemic country by 2020.

"The new resources from the Sir Emeka Offor Foundation will extend the reach of the Carter Center's work in South East and South South Nigeria and help accelerate river blindness elimination throughout Nigeria at a pivotal time," said former U.S. President Jimmy Carter, whose health programs have actively collaborated with the government of Nigeria to eliminate and control diseases in Africa's most populous country since 1988.

Read full story here:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201506121490.html

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by B69U: 7:44pm On Jun 12, 2015
asha80:
nope I like facing reality instead of being unnecessarily emotional about issues

wat is reality? Planning and hard work or whining?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:48pm On Jun 12, 2015
B69U:

wat is reality? Planning and hard work or whining?
planning with with the circumstances on ground plus hard work...who is whining?have you seem me whining on this thread before?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:54pm On Jun 12, 2015
SpaceTour:
Omambala erika..

Read full story here:
http://allafrica.com/stories/201506121490.html

Carter foundation is a good cause to donate to, but i'm just thinking that $10 million dollars will actually do a lot of good in Alaigbo.
Even if it is just to build the bridge over Anambra river in order to kick-start the Anam ultra modern project or even the setting up of an independent power plant to help boost electricity and industrialization of the zone.

i don't know how i feel when my Dad leaves me hungry and donates to the the millionaire to be his friend.
Anyhow sha, good job for donating to a charitable cause for humanity.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 7:59pm On Jun 12, 2015
Next thing is for Arthur Eze to try to out do Emeka offor and then Bishop Okonkwo will try to out do Arthur Eze.
i hope this does not spur our shallow thinking business men to begin a competition of who will donate more to oyinbo organizations. Our business men often leave their immediate environment and be looking for who to help in India,South Africa or even Zamfara state, yet half of his village youths are jobless or are victims of xenophobia in south africa.

Charity must begin at home. Americans typically have Gates foundation, Steve jobs, Warren Buffet and all these folks cutting them millions of dollars profit every year.While Ndigbo people have nobody to care for them like that.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 8:01pm On Jun 12, 2015
Health before anything else. I thought the below is already going on over Anambra river? This can help kickstart Anam city and expand development to that region with the oil exploration taking place there.

ChimaAdeoye:

Carter foundation is a good cause to donate to, but i'm just thinking that $10 million dollars will actually do a lot of good in Alaigbo.
Even if it is just to build the bridge over Anambra river in order to kick-start the Anam ultra modern project or even the setting up of an independent power plant to help boost electricity and industrialization of the zone.

i don't know how i feel when my Dad leaves me hungry and donates to the the millionaire to be his friend.
Anyhow sha, good job for donating to a charitable cause for humanity.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2015
SpaceTour:

Health before anything else. I think the below is already going on over Anambra river in Otuocha? This can help kickstart Anam city and expand development to that region.

We are not talking about the same bridge.
Yes, they are both going over Anambra river, but one is at Otuocha which is going on and the other is at Nsugbe to access the Anam ultra modern city from Onitsha. it is like saying because a bridge is being built over River Niger at Lokoja, then the second Niger bridge at Onitsha request has been solved because of the Lokoja bridge over the same river.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2015
My List of States where having such high-rise apartments will be economically viable.

OR

States that are Ripe for high-rise Apartments

1. Lagos
2. Portharcourt
3. Anambra
4. Abia
5. Kano
6. Enugu
7. Imo
plus Abuja

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 10:11pm On Jun 12, 2015
B69U:

ur kind of people are in every ethnic group, they are never ready for change or the next level, so they fight it, but later appreciate it and its benefit. grin
Agreed
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chizobamgbume(m): 1:39am On Jun 13, 2015
B69U:

Lol, and someone will keep comparing it with dubai even when we are not ready to change or move to next level.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ekul95(m): 1:51am On Jun 13, 2015
ndi be'anyi Anambra adibago mma nyeka ko dimma #proudlyNAWFIA #ProudlyNJIIKOKA #ProudlyAnambra #willieISworking

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ekul95(m): 1:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Anambra adibago mma ye'aka KO'dimma

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ekul95(m): 1:54am On Jun 13, 2015
chizobamgbume:

Lol, and someone will keep comparing it with dubai even when they are not ready to change or move to next level.
what is your state
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chizobamgbume(m): 2:00am On Jun 13, 2015
Ekul95:
what is your state
I'm from Anambra. So don't even think I wish my state bad.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2015
LMC Approves FC IfeanyiUbah takeover of Gabros International FC

Businessman and Chairman/CEO of Capital Oil Limited, Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah has completed the takeover of Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) side, Gabros International FC following an approval granted by the League Management Company (LMC) and conveyed in a letter signed by the LMC Chairman and NFF Vice President, Mallam Shehu Dikko. By the approval the club formerly known as Gabros International FC will now be known and addressed as FC IfeanyiUbah.

In the letter, the LMC Chairman remarked that the approval has been granted consequent on the verification of Ifeanyi Ubah Limited’s compliance with requirements for takeover of clubs and change of name. The change of name takes effect from Match Day 11 and all points accumulated by Gabros International FC has been transferred to FC IfeanyiUbah which now appears on the NPFL fixture and log.

Dikko said, “After submitting to the very rigorous process put in place to ensure that only serious business minded persons and corporate groups are admitted to club ownership, the LMC is satisfied that Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah has substantially met the requirement and has been granted approval to takeover Gabros International FC”.

The LMC Chairman commended Dr. Ubah for patiently working to meet these requirements and said “it demonstrated your commitment to operating and funding the club in line with LMC Rules and Frame Work which has been designed to protect the institution of the league and also safeguard the interests of the players and other employees of clubs participating in the NPFL”.

The letter listed some of the conditions met to include but not limited to submission of the certificate of incorporation of the FC IfeanyiUbah as a limited liability company registered by the Corporate Affairs Commission, submission of a quarterly Financial Performance Guarantee issued by Skye Bank and the club’s business strategic development plan. The Financial Performance Guarantee is not cash paid to the LMC but a bank’s undertaken to make available that amount of money  to the LMC should the club be proven to have defaulted in meeting its financial obligation to employees (players, coaches and other employees) or to another club and failed to remedy after appropriate notice. This is a safety net put in place by the LMC to address the problems of indebtedness especially to players and coaches by clubs.

Others are a letter of Personal Performance Guarantee of the club by Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, letter from Zenith Bank attesting to Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah’s good standing as the bank’s customer and a Personal Guarantee Deed of agreement of Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah in favour of the LMC for the value N1.5b for three years including investment in club infrastructure. The personal guarantee deed represents an undertaken by Dr. Ubah as the club promoter to guarantee and fund the participation and operations of FC IfeanyiUbah for a minimum period of 3 years in league football and compliance to all the NPFL and NFF rules and other extant football rules and regulations .

The rest of the requirements fulfilled by FC IfeanyiUbah include a sponsorship agreement with Capital Oil Ltd for a three year deal worth N5b to support the club including the provision OF new infrastructure (mini stadium) and a letter of consent from the owners of Gabros International FC for the takeover and change of name of the club.

Dikko further remarked that the LMC is quite delighted to have a big private investor with huge passion for football taking over a club in the NPFL and hope that this will set the stage for other serious  business men and blue chip companies in Nigeria to take over clubs in the elite league either as owners, investors and or sponsors. He assured existing and potential investors in the league that the LMC is always available to provide all the necessary support and advisory service to any qualified party interested in taking over club in the league.

Check out the new logo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:55am On Jun 13, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2015
asha80:
Just stumbled upon this..how true is it and what can be done

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/rivers-state-others-have-overtaken-s-east-in-commerce-industry/

We moved our businesses to Ogun, Lagos and Kano but keep acting like we dont want to be in Nigeria. I posted a picture of Kano and they were calling for my head. Keep developing other lands and keep pretending like you dont know. Ndewo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:43am On Jun 13, 2015
Abagworo:

We moved our businesses to Ogun, Lagos and Kano but keep acting like we dont want to be in Nigeria. I posted a picture of Kano and they were calling for my head. Keep developing other lands and keep pretending like you dont know. Ndewo
your reply here is hypocritical.first you are the one that seemed to be admiring nnamdi kanu when saying he is simply involved in propaganda without hurting anyone and i remember saying that preaching hate gets one no where.

Why did you not post the picture of Kano in Imo thread?shebi you are the one saying Imo does not need industries since our neighbours are deep into it so we should focus on tourism?what has the present Imo govt done to encourage industrialization in Imo so that at least Imo can absorb these guys supposedly relocating?

By the way I actually do not believe that aspect of Kano because I know Kano has been experiencing deindusrialization for some time now too..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chinolization: 10:53am On Jun 13, 2015
Shut up fool, go and face ur useless imo state. It is states like urs that has no economic value that the writer was referring to. Few Imo industrialists rather go to other states than investing at their home state just like Orange drugs did. Why can't imo state put necessary actions in place to attract investors? I have warned u that ur input is not needed here. Go and stay in ur useless imo state thread.

Abagworo:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2015
Emeka Ike takes on Wale Adenuga

Nollywood came about with the sales, marketing and multiplication of CDs. The Igbos got more involved by their investments. The Igbos did what they had to do, whether good or not, it has given us the platform.
...See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 11:07am On Jun 13, 2015
ak47mann:
Emeka Ike takes on Wale Adenuga
Nollywood came about with the sales, marketing and multiplication of CDs. The Igbos got more involved by their investments. The Igbos did what they had to do, whether good or not, it has given us the platform.
...See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/cool
at a point we might have to ignore issues like this and focus on more important things like the one i posted above
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 11:27am On Jun 13, 2015
asha80:
your reply here is hypocritical.first you are the one that seemed to be admiring nnamdi kanu when saying he is simply involved in propaganda without hurting anyone and i remember saying that preaching hate gets one no where.

Why did you not post the picture of Kano in Imo thread?shebi you are the one saying Imo does not need industries since our neighbours are deep into it so we should focus on tourism?what has the present Imo govt done to encourage industrialization in Imo so that at least Imo can absorb these guys supposedly relocating?

By the way I actually do not believe that aspect of Kano because I know Kano has been experiencing deindusrialization for some time now too..

I never ever said Imo does not need industries. What I wrote is that Government is not meant to build industries but we the natives. I often cited Nnewi model as a good thing to emulate among Igbos at least for a start. I always wrote that no Governor or government can claim any form of help given to Nnewi either in terms of power, road, housing or water supply. Almost everything there is through self help.

The Kano picture happened to be necessary here because of too much Igbotic buildings being posted. Real highrises help give a city good skyline .

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Igbonazy: 11:31am On Jun 13, 2015
Have you guys considered the fact that constantly praising other people's cultures or lands could be one of the reason igbos are relocating to these lands?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Abagworo(m): 11:36am On Jun 13, 2015
Igbonazy:
Have you guys considered the fact that constantly praising other people's cultures or lands could be one of the reason igbos are relocating to these lands?

It is good to move but the important thing is investing most of your earnings in Igboland instead of where you have moved to. The Chinese and Indians moved more than us but they invest back in their homelands.

(1) (2) (3) ... (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) (284) (285) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.