Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (350) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231231 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 5:05pm On Aug 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Ofodirinwa: 7:56pm On Aug 12, 2015
they're not going to have a choice soon enough.
The real solutions = band your money together, build your own big box retailers.
Turn 100 shops into 1 big strong one that keeps revenue flowing to it's investors.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 9:24pm On Aug 12, 2015
asha80:
http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/national/36-south-east/1353-igbo-traders-advised-to-restrategise

Would the listen?

They need to evolve, I will be meeting a guy that will build an ecommerce site for me next month, online stores and shopping malls are now taking over the retail business in Nigeria but our people are not seeing the looming danger, they still stuck to the old other.

They need to evolve and move along with the world, governments in East need to be organising symposium, seminars, workshops and summits on comtemprorary ways of doing business now so that our people will joiin the bandwagon.

See how different automobile coys are making inroads into Nigeria, will our people keep importing instead of divesting and to manufacturing and local production.

Our people should buckle up

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:29pm On Aug 12, 2015
AnambraDota:

They need to evolve, I will be meeting a guy that will build an ecommerce site for me next month, online stores and shopping malls are now taking over the retail business in Nigeria but our people are not seeing the looming danger, they still stuck to the old other.

They need to evolve and move along with the world, governments in East need to be organising symposium, seminars, workshops and summits on comtemprorary ways of doing business now so that our people will joiin the bandwagon.

See how different automobile coys are making inroads into Nigeria, will our people keep importing instead of divesting and to manufacturing and local production.

Our people should buckle up
yudala already has an outlet that is about to be opened in owerri..i am sure you know the people behind it
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by yang(m): 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2015
I remember saying this in this thread before

But who will listen

I even remember one guy arguing with me that malls cannot compete with small businesses.

Well, whatever we think, a change in the way we do business is coming, the question is are we prepared to control this change or are we to leave the fowl yansh open for foreign businesses to scoop all the money away to their country

asha80:
http://www.absradiotv.com/index.php/national/36-south-east/1353-igbo-traders-advised-to-restrategise

Would the listen?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2015
asha80:
yudala already has an outlet that is about to be opened in owerri..i am sure you know the people behind it

No, who be Yudala
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 10:40am On Aug 13, 2015
AnambraDota:

That road should be renamed from Oguta Rd to School Rd, I wonder why the Oguta Road, the place is home to some of the best secondary schools in Africa, CKC, DMGS and QRC....lol the place is School Road not Oguta Road

Awka Road is home to St Charles, Ado Girls and Washington.
school road lolz it sounds like a good idea cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NwaAnambra(m): 12:38pm On Aug 13, 2015
who is in charge of disposing refuse along old road. the place is an eyesore. I have disturbing pictures of refuse piled along old road and maybe forced to post it here if the ugly trend persists.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NwaAnambra(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
if the idemili north local Govt chairman can't take care of refuse along old road then he is simply a misfit.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:48pm On Aug 13, 2015
Anambra to employ 1500 teachers, 600 retire

ARRANGEMENTS have been concluded by the Anambra State Government to employ no fewer than 1,500 primary school teachers, Chairman of the State Universal Basic Education Board, Nzemeka Olisa, has disclosed.
Olisa said in Awka yesterday stated that the recruitment was imperative as about 600 teachers in the system have retired. However, insisted that the prospective employees must possess a minimum of National Certificate of Education (NCE).

He disclosed that the board promoted no fewer than 4,000 teachers recently, 87 of whom were promoted from grade level 15 to 16 to accord them the status of directors. Nevertheless, he explained that the promotion accumulated from the 2012 and 2013 exercise, adding that the 2014/2015 batch was being compiled and would be implemented soon.

According to him, the board has adopted a system that checked urban drift of teachers by posting them to their hometowns with allowances if such towns are rural communities. Equally, he said, teachers who distinguished themselves morally were rewarded with pilgrimages to Jerusalem.

He disclosed that 21 teachers have so far benefited from the gesture while four had been dismissed for moral bankruptcy and several others facing different panels over ugly behaviour.

School management skills training
Meanwhile, the state government on Tuesday began training for 100 School-Based Management Committee (SBMC) members to improve education planning and management in public schools.

The Commissioner for Education, Prof. Kate Omenugha, while declaring the workshop open at Umueri, disclosed that this second phase of the training was in the best interest of students.

http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015/08/anambra-to-employ-1500-teachers-600-retire/

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 5:59am On Aug 14, 2015

Anambra on a steady rise. This is what governance is about. No wonder Anambra is not feeling the cash crunch. Capital projects are all going on uninterrupted. Monthly bills, salaries etc are paid promptly. Attraction of $2.4 billion investment within 16months is mind blowing..unprecedented!

IGR now N1.3b, says Obiano

Anambra State Governor Willie Obiano has said the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has leaped to N1.3 billion as against the N500 million mark his administration inherited.

The governor said the state’s investments were valued at $2.4 billion in his 16 months in office.

Obiano spoke yesterday at the Eighth Distinguished Guest Lecture Series of the Pan-Atlantic University’s School of Media and Communication (SMC) in Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos State.

Speaking on the theme: ‘Sustaining the legacy of Growth and Development in Anambra State’, Obiano said through his Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) campaign, the revenue had improved to N1.3 billion.

“It was a similar foresight that made us reorganise our revenue structures and improve our monthly revenue generation from the N500 million mark we inherited to N1.3 billion within one year.

“The state’s investments are valued at $2.4 billion in 16 months of my stay in office,” he said.

To sustain this, Obiano said the state required a three-pronged response of commitment, consistency and creativity, calling on the society to create and sustain a worthy legacy.

The governor was presented with an award of recognition while he decorated members of the university’s management, including SMC’s Head of Department, Dr James Tsaaior and Dean, Dr Ikechukwu Obiaya.
http://thenationonlineng.net/igr-now-n1-3b-says-obiano/

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:09pm On Aug 14, 2015
NwaAnambra:
who is in charge of disposing refuse along old road. the place is an eyesore. I have disturbing pictures of refuse piled along old road and maybe forced to post it here if the ugly trend persists.
I think i have to start posting pix of old road since @investnow isn't doing anything about it. I drive that route everyday and just so pissed off.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnambraDota: 11:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
AnamCity:

Anambra on a steady rise. This is what governance is about. No wonder Anambra is not feeling the cash crunch. Capital projects are all going on uninterrupted. Monthly bills, salaries etc are paid promptly. Attraction of $2.4 billion investment within 16months is mind blowing..unprecedented!

Saying that Anambra is not feeling the national financial crisis is living in delusion of graduer, Anambra is feeliing it wela just that she has shock absorbers that alleviate the whole suffering to the bearest minimum.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2015
Okay, if you say so!

AnambraDota:

Saying that Anambra is not feeling the national financial crisis is living in delusion of graduer, Anambra is feeliing it wela just that she has shock absorbers that alleviate the whole suffering to the bearest minimum.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 6:31am On Aug 15, 2015
Anambra attracts N472bn investments in 18 months

Governor Willie Obiano of Anambra State on Friday, said the state attracted investment worth 2.4 billion dollars (N472bn) in the past 18 months.

The governor disclosed this during a courtesy visit and bell ringing at the Nigerian Stock Exchange in Lagos.

Obiano said the state government had embarked on several initiatives and strategies aimed at increasing investment and revenue generation.

He said the state’s Internally Generated Revenue currently stood at N1.3bn, adding that there were plans to increase the monthly IGR to N3bn.

He said that the state had established an investment outfit where investment discussions could be finalised in a one stop shop within one week.

The governor added that tax incentives would be given to companies that would indicate interest to invest in the state.

He stated that the state had established an outfit called Anambra State Investment and Promotion Agency to fasten investment opportunities.

The governor said ANSIPA was a special purpose vehicle established to facilitate the industrialisation process of the state through helping prospective entrepreneurs to overcome the hurdles of infrastructure and land title.

“It is a one stop investment outfit, so if you want to invest in Anambra State, you don’t need to go to 10 places, just come to the outfit and discuss your business.

http://www.punchng.com/news/anambra-attracts-n472bn-investments-in-18-months/

https://www.nairaland.com/2526981/anambra-attracts-n472bn-investments-18#2526981.5

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
Know the stats

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 8:15pm On Aug 15, 2015
The last incident that happen at one of the parks in Onitsha, I noticed today that the state government have started reconstructing the park, may the souls of those that lost their lives here rest in peace Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 9:21pm On Aug 15, 2015
nwanambra any thing ine post make sure nobu something di ok maka ndi ofe ijie ya kom madi onu na nairaland one day in the future

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by forgiveness: 9:58pm On Aug 15, 2015
hehehehe! i just retured to my house from Anambra. starting from Onisha, Umoji, Nnewi,Ekwulobia, and oko. now now!

I saw Chris Uba town.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 9:19am On Aug 16, 2015
peter obi returning from Switzerland took picture yesterday at enugu int airport cool

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 10:36am On Aug 16, 2015
all what you people are saying is good but there is one thing all of you are silent on,and that is the rate by which igbo people especially anambra and imo people are investing in lagos and Abuja in many areas especially real estate, it's just plain stupid is too much investment in let me use the word unfriendly territory instead of enemy territory,is there any body to tell this people to start investing back home? please FOK8 I will like you to open a tread about it on nairaland our people need to cut back on investment out side south east

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:40am On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
all what you people are saying is good but there is one thing all of you are silent on,and that is the rate by which igbo people especially anambra and imo people are investing in lagos and Abuja in many areas especially real estate, it's just plain stupid is too much investment in let me use the word unfriendly territory instead of enemy territory,is there any body to tell this people to start investing back home? please FOK8 I will like you to open a tread about it on nairaland our people need to cut back on investment out side south east
no need opening a thread about it..it can be discussed in any of the se state threads
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:

You don't need to tell anybody not to invest because Ojukwu told them but nobody listened.

They have the investments, they reap the gains and benefits aswell, why should I bother if they start incuring the wraths of investing in enemy zomes

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 11:52am On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
Sincerely, I don't c anything wrong in people building residential houses in states outside the eastern region where they reside, my grouse is there decision to site profitable industries and firms outside SE.
I honestly believe that when we talk about " thinking home " we mean igbos siting there industries and companies in the eastern region and not someone living in Lagos building a 4 storey in awka.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 2:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:

The problem is South East governors.

Enugu doesn't want Anambra people "to buy up too much land in Emene"

Anambra is watching idly as Onitsha based people go to live in Asaba (instead of opening up the Nsugbe/Igbariam axis with bridges and facilities).

I don't want to talk about Abia (Theodore Orji sacked many Imo workers).
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by HappyJoe: 2:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:

Remember what Ibeto went through in Ebonyi State?

How many "non-indigenes" will be convinced to invest in that state? Even indigenes will run, when they know local politics can kill their businesses.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by badnature: 2:26pm On Aug 16, 2015
but I still believe igbo people should begin to coordinate their investments back home,migration of igbo in every ramifications helps in planning even in time of census and south east governors need to reach out to igbo in diaspora many of them have manufacturing,construction companies the need to be encourage to come back home just the way Israel does
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cuche: 2:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
Pastor JohnKennedy Opara led a group of men to demand that Anambra State Government make available a certain amount of money to the commission, a Federal Government established agency, the money which the leader of the delegation stated will be used by the commission to provide meals for the intending pilgrims
The Federal government has provision for the pilgrims commission in it's budget including other incentives, recently Forex rate of 160 naira to dollars was approved for this same board
Thinking it was business as usual, when people use God's name to appropriate government money mostly un- accounted for, to themselves and religious establishments they represent through the cooperating public servants who do not realize that the business of Government has many public projects competing for attention from the scarcely enough Benjamins
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 2:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
HappyJoe:

Remember what Ibeto went through in Ebonyi State?

How many "non-indigenes" will be convinced to invest in that state? Even indigenes will run, when they know local politics can kill their businesses.
thank god that ibeto issue has been resolved...it was becoming embarrassing
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 2:36pm On Aug 16, 2015
badnature:
but I still believe igbo people should begin to coordinate their investments back home,migration of igbo in every ramifications helps in planning even in time of census and south east governors need to reach out to igbo in diaspora many of them have manufacturing,construction companies the need to be encourage to come back home just the way Israel does
that is what you should be talking about..siting their industries,businesses and wealth generating outfits in the east.

Not houses

(1) (2) (3) ... (347) (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.