Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,703 members, 7,831,195 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (386) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1230461 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2015
VickJames:

To answer your question, a very brilliant idea was given by a patriotic igbo man in the moniker of lyn19. He said, we can build an offshore platform for our goods and use smaller ships to convey them to the shore. I think that's a brilliant idea.

If you want something to be done, you'll always look for ways for it to be done.
offshore? And the Nigerian state will just watch you build offshore platform right? Which state will this offshore platform be near?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
VickJames:

To answer your question, a very brilliant idea was given by a patriotic igbo man in the moniker of lyn19. He said, we can build an offshore platform for our goods and use smaller ships to convey them to the shore. I think that's a brilliant idea.

If you want something to be done, you'll always look for ways for it to be done.
I think there is one Obuaku seaport in Abia State they've been talking about, how viable is that? Any idea? ...I'm interested in this seaport of a thing because I'm looking forward to exporting agro products very soon.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:24pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
offshore? And the Nigerian state will just watch you build offshore platform right? Which state will this offshore platform be near?
What about Obuaku seaport in Abia State, any idea

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:26pm On Sep 29, 2015
Why not Anambra/Abia state invest in Akwaibom's Seaport?. If we do that,The economy of the whole Eastern Nigeria will be greater than Lagos & the rest of Nigeria!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:28pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
What about Obuaku seaport in Abia State, any idea
I doubt if obuaku can receive big oceanliners..it can receive large barges though..i think it needs serious initial and periodic maintainance dredging to have hope of receiving ocean liners
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:29pm On Sep 29, 2015
We can also partner with Rivers & Delta States to improve the PortHarcout & Warri ports by patronising them in greater number!...Igwe bu Ike!!!!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
Why not Anambra/Abia state invest in Akwaibom's Seaport?. If we do that,The economy of the whole Eastern Nigeria will be greater than Lagos & the rest of Nigeria!
why not behaving like the Englishman sweetalk akwaibome into building that seaport telling them what they will gain by it while you know the real reason why you want it built

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:32pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
I doubt if obuaku can receive big oceanliners..it can receive large barges though..i think it needs serious initial and periodic maintainance dredging to have hope of receiving ocean liners
I see...But I think it will be a good idea starting from somewhere..Starting from large barges and maybe as time goes on, expand it so it can receive big oceanliners won't be a bad idea
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
That's another good idea because importing/exporting through AkwaIbom State will be much more easier than going through Lagos...The stress associated with Lagos scares the hell out of me angry
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:36pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
I see...But I think it will be a good idea starting from somewhere..Starting from large barges and maybe as time goes on, expand it so it can receive big oceanliners won't be a bad idea
I dont think obuaku needs dredging for large barges..however for big ocean liners who will bear the cost of the dredging?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
why not behaving like the Englishman sweetalk akwaibome into building that seaport telling them what they will gain by it while you know the real reason why you want it built
We must match our words with action by investing some serious cash in it if we are serious!.It is better now that we have Eastern solidarity!. We must try as much as possible to take advantage of that!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
I dont think obuaku needs dredging for large barges..however for big ocean liners who will bear the cost of the dredging?
I think once serious economic activities starts going on there, government won't hesitate to dredge it...If Abia State can do that, it will surely boost their internally generated revenue..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:41pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
We must match our words with action by investing some serious cash in it if we are serious!.It is better now that we have Eastern solidarity!. We must try as much as possible to take advantage of that!.
not everything is done by gragra or ekwueme style...not sure what eastern solidarity you are talking about

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:43pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
I think once serious economic activities starts going on there, government won't hesitate to dredge it...If Abia State can do that, it will surely boost their internally generated revenue..
abia state should build it first..then we see how it goes.constant dredging no be beans sha
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by carnegiefan: 7:44pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:

The "issue" is what role the federal government has to play in things like this. The cost is not really the problem; the problem is with an overbearing federal government that can stop you even if you can afford it, or worse still stop you AFTER you've spent money by an executive fiat, especially now that we have a near dictator in charge.
I personally believe that if there is no federal interest whatsoever, private investors can raise the money and build the whole thing.
The return on investment is too tempting.
Prove me wrong though.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
We may not need to leave Abia State alone in this, We need to push for it by forming a company made up of many States/individuals from the East to bid for it!.We can call the company The EastPort Ltd!.This company can invest in Ibom Port project or any port project in the East & beyond!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:47pm On Sep 29, 2015
If our big economic players from the East both home and abroad can organize an economic summit which will involve all the governors from Eastern Nigeria, I think we can reach a compromise there on how to go about this seaport of a thing..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2015
asha80:
abia state should build it first..then we see how it goes.constant dredging no be beans sha
True but Abia State needs to be encouraged to do that..The question is who will encourage them? If my State governor isn't a fool, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't team up with Abia governor to do that.. angry
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:52pm On Sep 29, 2015
carnegiefan:

The "issue" is what role the federal government has to play in things like this. The cost is not really the problem; the problem is with an overbearing federal government that can stop you even if you can afford it, or worse still stop you AFTER you've spent money by an executive fiat, especially now that we have a near dictator in charge.
I personally believe that if there is no federal interest whatsoever, private investors can raise the money and build the whole thing.
Prove me wrong though.
You have a point there...With the economic conspiracy against the East going, I suspect FG's interference once we starts doing that on our own..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 7:53pm On Sep 29, 2015
carnegiefan:

Prove me wrong though.
I agree with your last paragraph..whether fg will not use executive fiat against it will be an issue..also private investors are best suited to do these type of capital intensive project with the economic downhill at the moment..the so called lekki and badagry sea ports that are to be constructed are private financed driven
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:54pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
True but Abia State needs to be encouraged to do that..The question is who will encourage them? If my State governor isn't a fool, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't team up with Abia governor to do that.. angry
Abia State govt that don't know the Goldmine they have in Aba talk less of a Seaport!.This is a Serious project to leave Abia State to do by themselves alone!.We need a Company formed by our people for this purpose alone!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 7:57pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
We may not need to leave Abia State alone in this, We need to push for it by forming a company made up of many States/individuals from the East to bid for it!.We can call the company The EastPort Ltd!.This company can invest in Ibom Port project or any port project in the East & beyond!
You have a good point there. That's why Eastern Economic Summit is a necessity. ..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:01pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
You have a good point there. That's why Eastern Economic Summit is a necessity. ..
What I don't like about a summit call it economic or social is that it may end up like a political jamboree or a debating forum which will end up achieving nothing!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ezeagu(m): 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
So after all the insults I received you guys are now seeing how ports and logistics would be saving grace for eastern Nigeria Igboland?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by carnegiefan: 8:03pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:

This is why I personally don't see any single GREAT governor in SE. All we have there are third world Nigerian governors that cannot challenge anything. This is actually one of the strong points of those who say that Biafra cannot work, but I believe that the federal government play a big role in stopping such ambitious efforts in the East.
Still one of them needs to grow the balls to embark on projects that even the feds don't support; but it may mean single terms in office for such bold governors. Nigeria is the problem.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:05pm On Sep 29, 2015
What can it take to turn Aba or Onitsha into a World Class Cites!. I don't think a summit will do that but action!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
What I don't like about a summit call it economic or social is that it may end up like a political jamboree or a debating forum which will end up achieving nothing!
It only happens when government is sponsoring it and there is a possibility of some cash somewhere to be shared. But when serious minded shroud businessmen come together to discuss how to create an enabling environment for themselves, they will surely match their words with action.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 8:09pm On Sep 29, 2015
carnegiefan:

This is why I personally don't see any single GREAT governor in SE. All we have there are third world Nigerian governors that cannot challenge anything. This is actually one of the strong points of those who say that Biafra cannot work, but I believe that the federal government play a big role in stopping such ambitious efforts in the East.
Still one of them needs to grow the balls to embark on projects that even the feds don't support; but it may mean single terms in office for such bold governors. Nigeria is the problem.
you are absolutely right..The problem is that free money has made them so lazy that they can't even think of how to generate money on their own...

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 8:14pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
What can it take to turn Aba or Onitsha into a World Class Cites!. I don't think a summit will do that but action!.
A summit will create a kind of unity you know..Remember, " igwe bu ike" and " anyuko mamiri onu, ogbo ufufu"
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:19pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
A summit will create a kind of unity you know..Remember, " igwe bu ike" and " anyuko mamiri onu, ogbo ufufu"
We just need 5 or more determined nwa for Igbo to do the trick!.They will be the driving force for this idea!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by CyberWolf: 8:22pm On Sep 29, 2015
investnow2013:
We just need 5 or more determined nwa for Igbo to do the trick!.They will be the driving force for this idea!.
They still need to come together and the interference of Nigerian government in anything project cannot be ruled out..That's why they need to involve our lazy governors..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:23pm On Sep 29, 2015
CyberWolf:
We just need 5 or more determined nwa for Igbo to do the trick!.They will be the driving force for this idea!.Don't you see what Mr Kalu & few others have accomplished with The Radio Biafra!. Do you think a summit will do this?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (388) (389) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.