Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1225464 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 05, 2015
Our attention has been drawn to the vicious rumour injected into the social media by an immoral opposition, alleging that the amiable wife of the governor of Anambra State, Chief Mrs. Ebelechukwu Obiano, Osodieme has passed on.

This poisonous lie is a new low in opposition politics in Anambra State and one that must be condemned by anyone who has the slightest respect for the right to life and the dignity of the human person. For the avoidance of doubt, Chief Mrs Ebelechukwu Obiano is alive and in the best physical, psychological and emotional condition possible. She has been observing her annual vacation in the United States and has not had any reason to spend a night in the hospital since she arrived the USA.

We urge the general public to disregard this immoral rumour as there is no semblance of truth to it. The power of life and death resides with the Almighty God and no matter what may be the cruel designs of man against his kind, life only comes to an end when it pleases God.

Thank you
Emeka Ozumba
Special Assistant, Media

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:56am On Oct 05, 2015
VickJames:

At Awka
The location I mean (the exact place)
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Antivirus92(m): 9:15am On Oct 05, 2015
Vick James...is everyone invited? where in awka is it holding? I will like to be there and probably meet with u. what do u think?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 10:18am On Oct 05, 2015
why will these peter obi idle youths spread rumors of obiano's wife's death. This man is really desperate. I don't know why obiano is being diplomatic about this issue.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 4:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
patrick89:

The location I mean (the exact place)

I've been trying to get the true location of the place and the identity of the man online but it seems that the man isn't that popular on social media. The different news sites I checked, there's no follow up information I could get there.

What I will try and do is to mail the anambra state govt website, to get information from them since I don't stay in the state. I would've loved to attend and will want us to arrange a mighty talk that will shock them.

It is very important we put things in place where they're supposed to be.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 4:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Antivirus92:
Vick James...is everyone invited?
where in awka is it holding?
I will like to be there and probably meet with u.
what do u think?

I couldn't get any substantial information on the person, I will send mail to anambra state govt website if they can send me information on the person and the association.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2015
Catch us if you can! Omanbala erika.

The Financial commitment of ANIDS in Anambra Education including the Returning of Schools back to Churches and giving the Mission schools enough financial help that run into MEGA MILLIONS has finally paid off .

The Buses bought for all the schools in Anambra state ,the supply of Computer ,Generators and Internet MAST to many of the schools in Anambra state under ANIDS .
The General empowerment and improvement of the standard of schools in ANAMBRA STATE has place Anambra once again on the Map of glory.

Today in Abuja ,Anambra Schools Sweep Federal Ministry of Education/President's Teachers and School Excellence Award among all the secondary and primary schools in the country.

1. In the senior secondary category, Lorreto secondary school, Adazi Nnukwu came first.
2. In the Junior Secondary category, Queen of the Rosary secondary school came first
3. In primary school category, Sancta Maria, Onitsha came first.

Other Schools that did the State proud are DMGS; CKC and St. Monica, Ogbunike.

The criteria was based on the improvement on infrastructure, buildings and other learning materials and how far the improvement reflected on students performance ,and we all recall that Anambra state use to be at the back bench until Fmr Governor Peter Obi return schools to Mission and also invest through ANIDS seriously in our schools and today the seed of yesterday is paying off with many good returns .

At the award today in Eagles Square Abuja , the organizers who prior to the event have physically visited the schools during assessment and noted that the transformation in Anambra schools were unbelievable.
In Lorreto, they observed the pictures of the old structure and the renovated structure.
They also observed the new school bus, internet connectivity, computers, generator, improvement in the library as well as sports.

They noted that the improvement also reflected on their performances ,this is the state we are proud off.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 8:26pm On Oct 05, 2015
Odenigbo create a special thread for this let envy kill some enemies within cheesy

I keep asking myself what would I have done if GOD ALMIGHTY did not create me an Anambran? GOD I thank you.

On a side note, I hope people can now see the essence of spreading development, schools in Anambra rural areas are giving the ones in the city a run for their money and infrastructure.

Anambra erika cool

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:28pm On Oct 05, 2015
Guy,ok.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2015
chino11:
Odenigbo create a special thread for this let envy kill some enemies within cheesy

I keep asking myself what would I done if GOD ALMIGHTY did not create me an Anambran? GOD I thank you.

I for end up miserable like Abagworo.... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chino11(m): 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2015
Abeg edit and remove that name it is evil.

OdenigboAroli:

I for end up miserable like ... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by chigo4u: 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2015
please can anybody refer me to a good house agent in awka?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:23pm On Oct 05, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

The Financial commitment of ANIDS in Anambra Education including the Returning of Schools back to Churches and giving the Mission schools enough financial help that run into MEGA MILLIONS has finally paid off .

The Buses bought for all the schools in Anambra state ,the supply of Computer ,Generators and Internet MAST to many of the schools in Anambra state under ANIDS .
The General empowerment and improvement of the standard of schools in ANAMBRA STATE has place Anambra once again on the Map of glory.

Today in Abuja ,Anambra Schools Sweep Federal Ministry of Education/President's Teachers and School Excellence Award among all the secondary and primary schools in the country.

1. In the senior secondary category, Lorreto secondary school, Adazi Nnukwu came first.
2. In the Junior Secondary category, Queen of the Rosary secondary school came first

The criteria was based on the improvement on infrastructure, buildings and other learning materials and how far the improvement reflected on students performance ,and we all recall that Anambra state use to be at the back bench until Fmr Governor Peter Obi return schools to Mission and also invest through ANIDS seriously in our schools and today the seed of yesterday is paying off with many good returns .

At the award today in Eagles Square Abuja , the organizers who prior to the event have physically visited the schools during assessment and noted that the transformation in Anambra schools were unbelievable.
In Lorreto, they observed the pictures of the old structure and the renovated structure.
They also observed the new school bus, internet connectivity, computers, generator, improvement in the library as well as sports.

They noted that the improvement also reflected on their performances ,this is the state we are proud off.
This is why I always believe that we( the Omanbalas) can be what ever we want to be whether govt oh!, Abuja oh!, Lagos oh!, Federal oh! or not!. We can only look inwardly into ourselves & see that we can go places!. Take for instances,Roads in our streets should not be in a bad state if we plan to get all done in just a year with interlocking stones. I just find out in one of the street I have house, it will cost each Landlord 300 Thousand Naira only & this as I was told will last for 10 years or more!.Why not Political party like APGA put that in their manifestos or even do it there by writing their name in Gold!.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Fourcade(m): 6:38am On Oct 06, 2015
@Investnow2013
I sent you a private message. smiley
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by jonathanOz: 8:23am On Oct 06, 2015
FreeGlobe:
why will these peter obi idle youths spread rumors of obiano's wife's death. This man is really desperate. I don't know why obiano is being diplomatic about this issue.
And how do you know peter obi supporters are responsible for the news? Be careful with what you type here bro. What will Obi gain from the death of Obiano's wife? You are here hating while Obi and Obiano might be friends after all.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2015
jonathanOz:

And how do you know peter obi supporters are responsible for the news? Be careful with what you type here bro. What will Obi gain from the death of Obiano's wife? You are here hating while Obi and Obiano might be friends after all.

as if we don't know the only opposition obiano is facing in anambra is from peter obi and his idle youths.

This poisonous lie is a new low in opposition politics in Anambra State and one that must be condemned by anyone who has the slightest respect for the right to life and the dignity of the human person.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:41am On Oct 06, 2015
Fourcade:
@Investnow2013

I sent you a private message. smiley
repling!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
Possible reasons why they are after Deziani and why Orient petroleum and other igbo oil companies must be careful:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 1:43pm On Oct 06, 2015
Although I'm against this administration but congrats Chris Ngige!! I believe Ngige will deliver. I hope he will work with obiano. Ngige haters tongue
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 3:02pm On Oct 06, 2015
FreeGlobe:
Although I'm against this administration but congrats Chris Ngige!! I believe Ngige will deliver. I hope he will work with obiano. Ngige haters tongue

When its time, we will find him, we will catch him and bombard him with emails of what we need in Anambra state. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 3:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
VickJames:

When its time, we will find him, we will catch him and bombard him with emails of what we need in Anambra state. grin grin grin
badt niccur grin grin grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by levelszik(m): 3:51pm On Oct 06, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

Pls explain to me why this news hasn't hit front page.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 3:53pm On Oct 06, 2015
levelszik:
badt niccur grin grin grin
grin grin grin
You know the story bro.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
levelszik:
Pls explain to me why this news hasn't hit front page.

Firstly ,we opened a special thread for it but you know how sshit goes here. Don't worry,it won't stop the moving train.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:35pm On Oct 06, 2015
Akwata Junction fly-over,Awka ,when completed.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:49pm On Oct 06, 2015
Tall on dreams, short on implementation that, apart from corruption, has been said to be the bane of socio-economic planning and development in Nigeria.

But things are changing.

Change, they say, is the only constant thing in life. In recent times, instead of the old belief that “the more things change, the more they remain the same”, a new paradigm has been unfolding. According to this new paradigm, “the more things change, the faster they change”.

Because things change so fast, those affected by the changes hardly notice. That is the state of mind of ndi Anambra, particularly, residents of Awka, the capital city of Anambra State, and its adjoining towns who have been witnessing rapid changes in the last sixteen months.

Perhaps, a look at what the popular “Aroma Junction”, Awka, used to look like might drive this point home to ndi Anambra and those who used to go through the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway before now. Take a look at the chaos in picture 1 below:

“Aroma Junction” is not so, any more! Construction work has been on-going on a new flyover right where the roundabout used to be. Despite the construction works, there is greater order. Further down (towards Onitsha) a new flyover is springing up at Kwata junction. About three kilometres from Kwata junction (again, towards Onitsha) another flyover is springing up at Amawbia junction.

Ifeadinmesi: KWATA Flyover
KWATA Flyover
These are some of the signposts of the changing landscape of Awka, Anambra State Capital. I am reliably informed that when completed the three flyovers would like the models below:

Like most residents of Awka, this writer had come to regard the on-going construction works on the Awka-Amawbia segments of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway as “the new normal”, not noticing the positive changes taking place daily. It took some three unrelated events for me to decide to do some serious study of the infrastructural developments in and around Awka.

The first was a telephone call, about a month ago from a long-time friend of mine, who is also, a Professor of Mass Communication at the Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University, Igbariam Campus, Anambra State. The second was a point made by a lady at a gathering in Awka (who was the star of MOM’s Sunday Revue of September 20, 2015) when she asked “wetin Obiano they do sef?” (what is Governor Willie Obiano really doing?). The third was a comment reportedly made by someone else at a gathering somewhere around Aroma Junction, which was passed on to me by a friend who wanted to score some cheap points against the Obiano administration.

In the course of our normal banter on the quality and level of Marketing Communications in Nigeria, my Professor friend mentioned in passing that he was stuck in traffic for almost one hour at Kwata junction, the day before. He pointed out that he normally drove from Awka to Igbariam in about 15 minutes. That day’s Kwata Junction traffic situation, he stated, made him miss a very important departmental meeting. As a professional Communications person, his angle was on what could be done, from the point of view of Information Management, to ease the traffic grid-lock experienced once in a while at that important junction.

While commending the State Government for the good works being done, the Professor pointed out that perhaps Government and or the construction company could inform the public in advance (through public service announcements in traditional and new media) when major works likely to obstruct traffic would be undertaken, noting that, that day’s grid-lock was occasioned by work being done with the use of a crane, which was not a normal feature on the on-going construction works. He added that Government and or the construction company would do well to ensure that the various traffic management agencies, including the Federal Road Safety Corps and the Anambra State Ocha Brigade, were properly briefed in advance, just as they would also be involved in simulating and working out the necessary traffic diversion measures.

Like this writer, and many other residents of Awka, the “wetin Obiano dey do sef” lady had come to regard the changing landscape of Awka as “the new normal”.

The comment around Aroma Junction, obviously made by a lay person, had to do with the scarcity and price of cement. I was told that the person had sarcastically stated that Obiano seemed to be wasting too much cement on the walls of the three flyovers springing up in the Awka-Amawbia segments of the Enugu-Onitsha Expressway, hence, the scarcity and spiralling cost of cement in Anambra State. I also learnt that in the course of that discussion, it was argued that although the three flyovers would ease traffic and add to the beautification of the environment, they would at the same time make it difficult for people to see what was happening at the other side of the road, particularly, if there was a robbery.

I am informed that the price of cement has been on a downward trend, just as availability has been increasing, particularly, since President Muhammadu Buhari took over. When I took up the possible security issue with those who should know, I was educated that the gentleman was probably still living in the pre-Obiano administration Anambra State. There is no need for such fears in the new safe and secure Anambra!

The Spirit of Anambra

Shortly after he assumed office, in March 2014, Governor Willie Obiano, addressed the issue of the Spirit of Anambra, the core essence of ndi Anambra (the DNA of the Anambra Brand). A formal rallying banner, the Anambra State Anthem was developed, alongside other manifestations of Brand Anambra, including a ten-point Shared Values, as well as a State Crest. The eventual Anambra State corporate identity has since been passed into Law by the Anambra State House of Assembly.

During the process of developing the DNA of the Anambra State Brand, it was identified that ndi Anambra are “a people of uncommon species, who have been and are still being shaped by history and environment to be tough, hardworking, creative, innovative and adventurous.” It was also identified that the story of ndi Anambra “is one of achievements in education, literature, academia, commerce and industry, entertainment, sports and indeed every sphere of life” and that “wherever we are, whatever we do, we always shine the light for others to see, hence, our rallying banner…light of the nation.”

Making Awka a befitting Capital

Some time ago, in a National quiz, on television, children were asked to name a State without a Capital. The answer given was “Anambra State”.

Governor Willie Obiano’s discontent with the deplorable state of Awka began to show long before he was sworn in. In his Inaugural Speech, Governor Obiano was emphatic about his dream of a fitting Capital City for ndi Anambra. In a very passionate voice, he had assured
Ndi Anambra that

“Your clamour for a Capital City that fully reflects the essence of our people will be addressed by my administration. We shall re-design and remodel Awka to meet the structural and aesthetic requirements of a 21st Century city that we can all be proud of.”

In less than two months of assuming office, Governor Obiano, on May 15, 2014 inaugurated a 10- man Board for the Awka Capital Territory Development Authority (ACTDA), and charged it to oversee the preparation of the 1st Master plan of Awka Capital Territory and implementation.

Governor Obiano further charged the Board chaired by Chika Egwuatu to look at the Dubai Model as the minimum acceptable by the Ndi Anambra. He showed the members slides of Dubai as it was in 1990 and another slide of the same city when it had undergone transformation in 2003. The Governor pointed out that as at 1990, Dubai had only three high-rise buildings as the slide showed, but within 13 years by 2003, Dubai had changed so much that no one who had visited it in 1990 would believe it was the same city.

Governor Obiano told the Board members “My dream is that in eight years you will transform Awka like Dubai did from 1990 to 2003. Let us look to the future, the way things are supposed to be. Don‟t be limited by funds. Dubai didn’t think about funds. Today, Dubai, which was a desert, has become a tourist destination because people had brains.”

The ACTDA Board, comprising ndi Anambra experts in design, architecture, town and urban planning, surveying, engineering, and estate management, among other professions, is a star-studded Board, typifying the core essence of ndi Anambra.

The Chairman of the Board, Chuka Egwuatu, is a Lawyer and Estate Surveyor, who distinguished himself in the development of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. Governor Obiano personally charged him to do “the kind of thing you were able to do at the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, and in other works” adding “so, we want you to bring this to bear in your present assignment.”

Michael Okonkwo, a renowned Architect and Town Planner, is the Managing Director/CEO of ACTDA. Michael’s pedigree for the designed environment started early in his career earning him a publicized Honourable Mention award in a design competition sponsored by the American Institute of Architects (AIA).

Michael has worked as a project architect and construction administrator in some of the most prestigious firms in the United States of America. Most notable of the firms being the New York City based firm of Peter Marino + Associate Architects, PMA, an architectural and interior design conglomerate of international repute. Michael was a major part of PMA from 1996 to 2006. At PMA, Michael cultivated sensitivity to the particulars of site, design period, history and, invariably, unique client concerns. While there, Michael had the enviable opportunity in overseeing some of PMA’s most prestigious projects for most of the world’s notable taste makers and affluent personalities.

The Awka Capital Territory Development Area is intended to become a world class multi nuclei city made up of comprehensively planned communities offering a range of land uses including a variety of residential neighbourhoods, retail commercial in several forms and types, industrial areas that generate new jobs and a generous open space and parks network.

The new Awka Capital Territory covers about 400 square kilometres and six local government areas, with the old Awka as the core. Instead of the traditional 50 year plan, the new Awka Capital Territory looks at 20 t0 25 years because of the fast pace of technological change.

The new Awka Capital Territory is conceived to be a multi-functional city built around the following themes: a) Health; b) Entertainment (Culture & Films); c) Financial (Bid for NIFC); d) Education; Government (The 3 arms zone).

ACTDA has a four-pronged Mandate: 1) Accelerate infrastructural development; 2) Produce a Master Plan; 3) Implement the Master Plan; and 4) Control development including building and compliance. Like Governor Obiano would say, “all this is good thinking and good paper work. Any good manager or designer can do that.”

How far?

I did my own investigation and spoke to a couple of people, including, Michael Okonkwo.

Where the rubber meets the road

In the words of Michael Okonkwo, the execution of the any project in the magnitude of Obiano’s “befitting capital” dream requires “three key elements. One is the political will. The second is the composition of the right quality and number of professional expertise. And finally, you need the resources, most of it financial”.

Michael tells me that Obiano has exhibited and demonstrated the political will by amending the bill setting up the Awka Capital Territory, by expanding the scope of the territory and securing the buy-in of the various communities in the six local governments planned to be part of the new capital territory, and by setting up the 10-man Board. The qualifications, background and professional expertise of the Board members fully meets the composition criterion.

This leaves us with the issue of financial resources, against the background of dwindling federally allocated revenues and competition for available internally generated revenue by Governor Obiano’s other programmes, particularly, the four pillars of Agriculture, Industrialisation, Trade & Commerce, Oil and Gas (AITO) and the various Enablers.

Michael Okonkwo has an answer to that. “The Awka Capital Territory Master Plan was conceived to engender investor confidence. Yes, Government will play its part, but we are also looking at private investors, local and international. Ndi Anambra have bought into similar projects in Nigeria and abroad. Look at Abuja, for example, about eighty per cent of the notable developments in Asokoro and Maitama are from ndi Anambra. Look at the Zoo Estate in Enugu, about ninety per cent of the developments are owned by ndi Anambra. Again, look at Lagos State, you cannot imagine the amount of developments there contributed by ndi Anambra.”

In the course of my study, I did meet a good number of sceptics who were particularly appalled by what they saw as the nonchalant attitude of ndigbo to well-ordered environments, particularly, what they described as the decaying state of Onitsha and Nnewi, as a result of pressures from the people and their attitudes. I took this up with Michael Okonkwo.

His response: “If you order the environment, ndi Anambra will most certainly plug in. We are going to carry out a sensitisation programme aimed at attitude shift. It is also important to point out that just as we have included urban renewal of the old Awka as the nucleus of the capital territory programme, we are going to use that as a model for our other urban centres like Onitsha, Nnewi, and Ekwulobia.”

The ACTDA Board and Management have since recorded several achievements including the completion of the aerial photography of the new Awka Capital Territory with a resolution of 10cm. According to Michael Okonkwo, “this method of mapping produces a higher Digital Terrain Model (DTM), Height, accuracy that is adequate for all urban planning and engineering designs. Aerial photogrammetry is a method of surveying involving the measurement and interpretation of features directly from aerial photographs. For ‘large’ projects, aerial survey by camera permits data capture and mapping at a pace more rapid than possible using field surveyors.”

Other achievements by ACTDA include: a) the production of the Model City Concept for Awka Capital Territory; b) the production of Development Control Manual (DCM); c) the production of Conceptual land use Map of Awka Capital Territory; d) the Production of Executive Business District (EBD) Layout Design; e) the production of Millennium City Preliminary Layout; and f) the development of Modern City Design Abattoir for the Ministry of Agriculture.

ACTDA has, in conjunction with the Anambra State’s investment promotion agency, ANSIPPA, signed an MOU with the firm of Efab & and Contab to commence the development of a modern housing estate in Amansea. A trip to South Africa is imminent, I am told, to hold discussions with potential investors and developers for other aspects of the ACTDA programme.

Governor Obiano’s dream of a befitting capital for Anambra State is on course. The Spirit of Anambra is alive and in action.

Written by Mike Obiajulu Meze

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 7:24pm On Oct 06, 2015
uduokirika1:
In our euphoria of the Ranch system of caTtle rearing we have failed to acknowledge and celebrate that today exactly marked this thread's First annual aniversary

FKO81. Created this thread on the 2nd of October 2014

Investnow2013

OdenigboAroli
Ofodirinwa
Zonacom
Buddahmonk
Investnow
Cjrane
Freeglobe
Cuche
Asa80v
VickJames
Malawian
ChimAdeoye

Thanks bro for remaining us, I forgot I hv been so busy for days now, congrats to us! We will always rub minds together both online and offline to build a great state. Thanks to those who contributed positively to this wonderful thread. Creating this thread was what motivated me to join Nairaland I have been viewing as guest for more than two years, before I joined last year Oct,I noticed different threads that was created, those who never wish us well always stop the thread from propagating, thanks ones again to those that contributed positively and Moderators that never allow the thread to go down. 397 pages no easy just one year.
Cheers guys!

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2015
chino11:
Nwanne are you a DEMGRAMITE? This school is rated among Kings college and Hope Waddell college

For the memory of our dear Archdeacon T J Dennis.His in the heart of every Dengramites both old and young, his structure was donated by 2005 SET his great grand daughter came from England during the inauguration of our new library cool cool

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2015
From Vanguard News Old boys launch N500m endowment for oldest school in Igboland cool

Awka—AS part of activities to mark the 90th anniversary of Dennis Memorial Grammar School, DMGS, Onitsha, the old boys of the school have planned an endowment fund of N500 million for the upgrading of the school.

DMGS was founded by the Church Missionary Society in 1925 in memory of Archdeacon T.J. Dennis, one of the early missionaries who remarkably achieved the feat of translating the English Bible into Igbo language, but died before the work was completed.

It is the oldest secondary school in Igbo land and over the years, the old students of the school had been putting up structures, most of which will be commissioned this weekend when the old boys gather for their convention in the school.

President-General of DMGS Old Boys Association, Chief Gibson Okeke , an Engineer, told reporters at a pre-convention briefing in Onitsha that over N400 million had been invested in the school in the past five years, with the old boys contributing over N300 million.

One of the projects to be commissioned during the convention this weekend is a hostel block that can accommodate 1000 students, which was singlehandedly funded by an old boy, Dr. Ernest Azudialu-Obiejesi.

Okeke commended the state government’s hand-over of schools to their original missionary owners, adding that it had helped to improve the standard of education and moral upbringing.

Anyi na emesi ife ike this is just from donations from all the old boys across the globe which am part of it cool

7 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2015
Hey Frankie, thank you very much for creating this thread. We appreciate you, we'll make sure it continues to grow just the same way Anambra is growing. You can't imagine how happy our brothers in diaspora are with the firsthand feelings they get from the happenings back home.

OdenigboAroli, thank you so much for that detailed writeup. I just pray they stick to that plan. Dubai did it in 13 years, we can do same in 20, considering our economic/financial constraints. Very soon we'll have a beautiful and organized capital city that we will all be proud of. This is the picture I have in mind...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 8:46am On Oct 07, 2015
enochnochi:
Hey Frankie, thank you very much for creating this thread. We appreciate you, we'll make sure it continues to grow just the same way Anambra is growing. You can't imagine how happy our brothers in diaspora are with the firsthand feelings they get from the happenings back home.

OdenigboAroli, thank you so much for that detailed writeup. I just pray they stick to that plan. Dubai did it in 13 years, we can do same in 20, considering our economic/financial constraints. Very soon we'll have a beautiful and organized capital city that we will all be proud of. This is the picture I have in mind...
Most Blacks tribes arent collectively ambitious and i bet it's due to low self esteem and lack of unity. There is nothing extraordinary about building these Superstructures and making money from them.

I believe Ndiigbo/Anambra can because we are different .

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ak47mann(m): 8:53am On Oct 07, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Most Igbos have finally gotten the message which is to have some investment at home. This can be seen mostly in the real-eatate sector. That's why we are having a massive housing boom in the east but you can't say the same for the rest of Nigeria minus Lagos and Abuja.

Igbos, especially this young generation (18-40 yrs),have finally understood that there is no place like home. This generation is so politically aware and very pro-Igbo in their thinking. Give Igbo land another 10 years and it will be filled with indigenous industries and investments. I can bet my money on that as long as the current way of thinking continues.
you are correct specially with boko haram a lot of them have diverted their wealth to the east.To me i thank boko haram for that they are doing a good job cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.