Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,262 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:19 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (401) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1230488 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2015
patrick89:

Hmm if you go to any igbo village meeting, you will see argument! I marvel at the level of their debate, it's same with that of parliamentary system, when people will endorse, majority will support or kick.. it's very compelling...

You didn't lie Nwanna. Igbos are very good with argument. They argue about every single thing. If you are a keen listener, you'll cherish their points and if you were elected to be a judge, I tell you, you will get confused.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 10:58pm On Oct 09, 2015
Timeline....

October 2014---october 2015.

--------400 pages.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yeske2:
Rapubazia, let's talk about our beautiful state nna.

Yes, I want to say something about igbos. This past week, I was opportune to get in touch of how school fees are paid in different "big" private schools in Lagos here. I found out that our brothers are spending huge sum of money to educate their wards in the west here.

Taking a particular school as a case study. I don't want to mention the name of the school for security reasons. The number of igbo kids per class is 80percent of the other kids. How much is their school fees, just above 500thousand naira per term. To be sincere with you, this school has as many students as in some public school. They can boast of 600 students or more.

If you multiply that amount by the number of students who are igbos, you'll understand what that money can do in the east. The funniest part is that the school is a boarding school and a missionary for that matter.

We're spending too much in other states when we can invest such amounts in our system. I am not saying they should bring such money, but if they can bring their wards to the east and let them school there. I think the money will make a lot of sense for us.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2015
funkiebully:

That guy level no be here o.

Thank God we have an eye of the govt house here.

Abeg investnow, tell obiano that works at d three flyover in Awka have stalled
Work is fast progressing on the three flyovers I monitor the projects almost everyday, the sites it's not far from my office.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yeske2:
Timeline....

October 2014---october 2015.

--------400 pages.
I was here!!!!!!!!Ekene dili Jeso!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2015
FKO81:

Work is fast progressing on the three flyovers I monitor the projects almost everyday, the sites it's not far from my office.

Thanks bro.

Meanwhile I was here at page 400.

Congratulations ndi Anambra!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2015
I broke the jinx in this 400th page.
Chineke bueze!
grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 11:11pm On Oct 09, 2015
VickJames:

You didn't lie Nwanna. Igbos are very good with argument. They argue about every single thing. If you are a keen listener, you'll cherish their points and if you were elected to be a judge, I tell you, you will get confused.
Arguments brings out the best as we all share our views and can pick from the best.
Alaigbo principally has no main city though Enugu remains our eternal capital. We argue and try developing all parts, same as of old when different villages have their different market days of eke, orie, nkwo and afor. No single village takes all market days as it must be shared to make all parts of the town viable.
This is one of our republican nature that can never be taken away, it's a gene thing, we must argue to agree on the best way forward.
You can never lord it over an Igbo man, never.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ok.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:17pm On Oct 09, 2015
funkiebully:

Thanks bro.

Meanwhile I was here at page 400.

Congratulations ndi Anambra!
grin grin Me too, congrats to Anambrians na Ndi-Igbo nwemu! Love to Igbo nation!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2015
My own is total development of the eastern region. I have not rested and I still use my data everyday to research on ways to make the region world class. Sometimes, I leave my office very late, not for any official reasons but for the sake of research.

It is painful that many people are not taking this thing seriously but they remain adamant and stay put in their own world. The number of importers are increasing everyday and it will get to a time, the whole Lagos will be Jampacked. Before you let the federal government choose another region for development, we have to start ours now and force the ever-increasing businesses to relocate to the juicy-east.

If you relax and say God will do it, but u do not do anything about it. Then its a pity that things will not always come your way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Handsomegod(m): 11:24pm On Oct 09, 2015
This land is not for sale!! I was rooted here,too!! #team400pages#

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2015
Umunnem How can we quickly restore public water supply again to our major cities of Ihiala, Ekwulobia, Otuocha, Onitsha,Oba, Nnewi & Awka?.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:27pm On Oct 09, 2015
Yeske2:
Arguments brings out the best as we all share our views and can pick from the best.
Alaigbo principally has no main city though Enugu remains our eternal capital. We argue and try developing all parts, same as of old when different villages have their different market days of eke, orie, nkwo and afor. No single village takes all market days as it must be shared to make all parts of the town viable.
This is one of our republican nature that can never be taken away, it's a gene thing, we must argue to agree on the best way forward.

How can we repackage the republican lifestyle of Ndigbo?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
investnow2013:
Umunnem How can we quickly restore public water supply again to our major cities of Ihiala, Ekwulobia, Otuocha, Onitsha,Oba, Nnewi & Awka?.

Do we have water boards in those places?

Investnow, I will really want to raise something about block tiles on our street.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2015
We all must come together and speak of the way forward and not someone telling us how and what to do, our ancestors had never done it and it wouldn't begin with us.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by osymerga(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2015
funkiebully:

That guy level no be here o.

Thank God we have an eye of the govt house here.

Abeg investnow, tell obiano that works at d three flyover in Awka have stalled
Work at the three fly over has not stalled. It only slowed down because of the persistent down pour these past few weeks.
Work is still in progress...
Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FKO81(m): 11:32pm On Oct 09, 2015
investnow2013:
Obi then was trying to restore great Onitsha water scheme, Awka water and other areas, i don't know how far with those projects now?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkiebully: 11:33pm On Oct 09, 2015
osymerga:

Work at the three fly over has not stalled. It only slowed down because of the persistent down pour these past few weeks.
Work is still in progress...
Shalom.

Thanks, I passed Arroma flyover last week enroute enugu and didn't see work, that's y I asked.

I hope they are completed soon.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
FKO81:

Obi then was trying to restore great Onitsha water scheme, Awka water and other areas, i don't know how far with those projects now?
We must continue to hammer this to the govt that because our people are sinking Wàter borehole should't prevent them to Take Public water supply seriously because of the health implications!.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by uduokirika1(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
400pages in one year!!!!!

Nna eeeh make I pack my keke for here!

***brings out snuff box (nkpu utaba)***

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2015
VickJames:

How can we repackage the republican lifestyle of Ndigbo?
Cool, we should start from the umunna, ndiobodo, ndibeanyi, Ndigbo meetings all across the globe. Attend your umunna meetings around xmas in your villages though might not be too convenient for those in the diaspora.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:46pm On Oct 09, 2015
E don happen. We made 400....Proud of you Frankie and Umu-Omanbala. Nya gazielu unu,umu nnem.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by joeisreal(m): 11:52pm On Oct 09, 2015
I wish to congratulate all those who are contributing to make this thread a success. One year and we are at 400 pages. We are Anambrarians Light of the nation, Trail blazers and Giants among men.

That beside, I want to point out something that has been eating away at my heart. I know this fact that Anambra state is the second smallest state by land mass after Lagos state and I am therefore appealing to the present state Government let by His Excellency Willie Obiano to map out like 2 or 3 areas in Anambra state as Forest Reserves not to be tampered with, not to witness any tree felling and bush burning. Or create an arboretum within the three major delevoping territories namely Awka, Onitsha and Nnewi. I do not mean the size of park besides Zik's home at Onitsha but someplace the size of Jardim Botânico, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil . We should take care of our environment and it will in turn add to our general well-being and longevity.

Please those of you close to the powers that be or who can voice it somewhere it will receive attention @FKO81, @investnow2013, @uduokirika1, @Chino11 and others...who are not less regarded should take this to heart.

I was here at page 400

Udo diri unu nile...

10 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 11:56pm On Oct 09, 2015
Ana etinyezikwa foto ebe a?

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by darfay: 12:31am On Oct 10, 2015
Tetrsw
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by darfay: 12:32am On Oct 10, 2015
trswd
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 1:18am On Oct 10, 2015
vickjames u doin a great job.i have suggestion 2 make,most of the tall building n d state are 2 mainstream nd not variant,almost all wit slant roofs,i just think flat rooftops luk beta nd modern.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 2:15am On Oct 10, 2015
I was here too. Congrats.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by knowledgeable: 3:41am On Oct 10, 2015
VickJames:

Yes, I want to say something about igbos. This past week, I was opportune to get in touch of how school fees are paid in different "big" private schools in Lagos here. I found out that our brothers are spending huge sum of money to educate their wards in the west here.

Taking a particular school as a case study. I don't want to mention the name of the school for security reasons. The number of igbo kids per class is 80percent of the other kids. How much is their school fees, just above 500thousand naira per term. To be sincere with you, this school has as many students as in some public school. They can boast of 600 students or more.

If you multiply that amount by the number of students who are igbos, you'll understand what that money can do in the east. The funniest part is that the school is a boarding school and a missionary for that matter.

We're spending too much in other states when we can invest such amounts in our system. I am not saying they should bring such money, but if they can bring their wards to the east and let them school there. I think the money will make a lot of sense for us.

All those high profile yoruba pastors with their jets,....which group do you think constitutes the highest ratio of contributors to their coffers?

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by knowledgeable: 4:21am On Oct 10, 2015
Yeske2:

My bro, these are genetic/environmental things indeed. This "arguments" is one of the core elements that made Nollywood the magic it is today. It's cultural too. Igbos are "blesssed". Strong, vibrant and energetic arguments have always being the bane of Igbos from the beginning of time. These strong, organic, vibrant and energetic arguments become hypnotic to those not involve in it. Nollywood Igbo root is directly link to this hypnotic effects. Although, other natural attributes like, the beauty of Igbo women, a uniquely concentration of light skin individuals (photogenic) and Igbo's architectural tastes cannot be over looked as well.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Antivirus92(m): 5:20am On Oct 10, 2015
where am I now? on d page 400? chukwu daalu!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.