Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,105 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (403) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1231236 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:10pm On Oct 10, 2015
State govt. creates department of fishery in Min. of Agriculture

Towards making Anambra state self sufficient in fish production, a fisheries department has been created in the state Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
The Special Assistant to the Governor on fisheries, Mr Emeka Iloghalu, disclosed this at the State Agricultural Development Programme Office in Awka, after a meeting with stakeholders.
Mr. Iloghalu who stated that the state targets to produce one thousand, four hundred kilograms of table fish monthly for five months in each of its twenty one local government areas, also unveiled plans for new fishery projects that will involve the women and youths in all the twenty-one council areas.
He said the meeting appraised and brain stormed on the progress of the value chain fish production to be able to achieve the 2015 target of three hundred and fifty-two thousand, eight hundred kilograms of table fish.
Mr. Iloghalu announced that effective linkages of all the actors in fisheries value chain have been established and more stakeholders are registering, adding that they intend to revive abandoned fishery projects.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 7:51pm On Oct 10, 2015
Nna e, Nnamdi Kanu is so strong on Obiano this evening o, calling him a cocaine sniffing drunk.
Hmmmm
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by ChimaAdeoye: 4:15am On Oct 11, 2015
Yeske2:
Nna e, Nnamdi Kanu is so strong on Obiano this evening o, calling him a cocaine sniffing drunk.
Hmmmm

I wish Nnamdi Kanu had an email address to get people's concerns and also gather intelligence quickly from the ground. people have complained it is a herculean task to call and get answered. An easier way for people to participate in the discussion of the independence of their land through email should be made available to them. Nnamdi Kanu speaks the truth but he should have some finesse. Managing human beings isn't easy, talk more of people that have been oppressed for so long as the Igbos have been in Nigeria. So a lot of work and patience is required.

Nnamdi should carefully examine how Nelson Mandela conducted his own freedom struggle with a lot of self control and wisdom.Mandela eventually convinced the world to impose sanctions on the terrorist apartheid state. Mind you, before that, the apartheid government had branded Mandela a terrorist. Communicating your case is a huge step in this cause.

You cannot achieve Biafra if more than 50% of Igbo is against it. Therefore, instead of cursing people, he should clearly state the injustice which everyone already knows and sees, then convince them. Igbos are oppressed all over Nigeria and excluded from the governance of Nigeria, so convincing someone about this shouldn't be too hard to do. People will volunteer their skills and resources if you are able to give them a courteous treatment. One that recourses to insulting people is a mark of poor communication skill of stating the case.
I hate when he keeps hammering Britain, although the conduct of that country is shameful in contributing to the oppression and killing of fellow human beings. In fact, Britain should seeks ways of restructuring Nigeria to make it workable and not simply backing one side with weapons supplied through a rogue state like Iran. I listen to the relay of the broadcast on the internet http://www.liveonlineradio.net/english/radio-biafra.htm , i will call and tell nnamdi to tone down on hammering on our people in derogatory terms. Tell them very specifically where and how they erred with facts and figures without insulting the man. it makes you sound credible not to be regarded as a hoodlum.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 5:23am On Oct 11, 2015
^^^
He really needs to tone down on his choice of words, thanks for your concern.
So many unprintable words for those who didn't hear him last night.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 9:42am On Oct 11, 2015
Last night, I subscribed my modem and took time to study China's economic change and what they're doing to dominate the world. I came to an understanding that China didn't need some white investors to do the magic for them, but they did the magic themselves.

What am I trying to bring out from the first paragraph?

China built one of the largest workforce the world has ever known. Most of their youths are professionals in what they do. They didn't believe someone needs to graduate from UNN or Unizik to be a professional. As you can see, tertiary education in the university now is mere marking of attendance and passing exams.

So, I took my time out and researched on ways we can be better and reduce dependency on the government. I got information from my brother and some research websites online. What I deduced are these:

1. We should train people to be professionals in every aspect of life. We should build people with first class skills and analytical capabilities. If we have people with skills, then growing the economy will be easy. The state government will employ skilled labour in ther various ministries and not spend on "whites".

2. Check the chinese contractors and engineers, most of them are not from university of hongkong nor china. These guys were taught how to build roads and houses. These guys, after learning these skills are exported to the world and build projects for other countries. Manpower is a very great asset for any people.

3. We spend billions on contractors and engineers, who are whites. Why can't we just create our own workforce and only spend on resources to build these roads, houses and manage our networks?

4. To buy the machines to construct roads and pay your workers to build them is quite cheaper than paying whites to do the job for you. Our engineers will build our roads for us and other things.

I think many people will not see the light of what I have said but let me break it down for you.

The present education system "CANNOT" build professional but only graduates who can speak english about what they read.
Now, we still have millions of igbos who are and still will be disappointed by jamb and will lose interest in education.

We will still have those students who will not take conventional classroom learning seriously.

We will still have men who will have itchy fingers to create things and not necessarily learn them through read and pass method of education.

We can't be like China, I know but we can beat other people who're not Chinese to the game. We can export professionals to countries who have low population and low workforce. Our states can build Engineering companies who will go to different countries who're in dire need of construction and do not have money for Indians, Chinese and the Lebanese. These companies will be branded and their profits will come to us.

This is the dynamics of the whole thing. Professionals cannot and will not sit idle. They will always want to showcase what they know. They will likely go to places where they lack professionals and work there. Canada is one country that always give work permit to professionals, so as other countries like norway and co. These professionals can work there and improve on what they already know.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 9:48am On Oct 11, 2015
VickJames:
Last night, I subscribed my modem and took time to study China's economic change and what they're doing to dominate the world. I came to an understanding that China didn't need some white investors to do the magic for them, but they did the magic themselves.

What am I trying to bring out from the first paragraph?

China built one of the largest workforce the world has ever known. Most of their youths are professionals in what they do. They didn't believe someone needs to graduate from UNN or Unizik to be a professional. As you can see, tertiary education in the university now is mere marking of attendance and passing exams.

So, I took my time out and researched on ways we can be better and reduce dependency on the government. I got information from my brother and some research websites online. What I deduced are these:

1. We should train people to be professionals in every aspect of life. We should build people with first class skills and analytical capabilities. If we have people with skills, then growing the economy will be easy. The state government will employ skilled labour in ther various ministries and not spend on "whites".

2. Check the chinese contractors and engineers, most of them are not from university of hongkong nor china. These guys were taught how to build roads and houses. These guys, after learning these skills are exported to the world and build projects for other countries. Manpower is a very great asset for any people.

3. We spend billions on contractors and engineers, who are whites. Why can't we just create our own workforce and only spend on resources to build these roads, houses and manage our networks?

4. To buy the machines to construct roads and pay your workers to build them is quite cheaper than paying whites to do the job for you. Our engineers will build our roads for us and other things.

I think many people will not see the light of what I have said but let me break it down for you.

The present education system "CANNOT" build professional but only graduates who can speak english about what they read.
Now, we still have millions of igbos who are and still will be disappointed by jamb and will lose interest in education.

We will still have those students who will not take conventional classroom learning seriously.

We will still have men who will have itchy fingers to create things and not necessarily learn them through read and pass method of education.

We can't be like China, I know but we can beat other people who're not Chinese to the game. We can export professionals to countries who have low population and low workforce. Our states can build Engineering companies who will go to different countries who're in dire need of construction and do not have money for Indians, Chinese and the Lebanese. These companies will be branded and their profits will come to us.

This is the dynamics of the whole thing. Professionals cannot and will not sit idle. They will always want to showcase what they know. They will likely go to places where they lack professionals and work there. Canada is one country that always give work permit to professionals, so as other countries like norway and co. These professionals can work there and improve on what they already know.
I dont think this can be done in isolation
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:04am On Oct 11, 2015
I have mapped out different areas of concentration where we can build professionals:

1. Civil Engineering: The world is always building and expanding. No thanks to the ever increasing population, migration and more destruction of properties. Civil Engineers are needed in countries and economies where they're planning on expansion and everything necessary. We're planning on an intensive engineering development where experts will be made. This is how it will be done, we will have rogue experts from around the world who have interests in teaching and developing other people. These professionals will be from China or other Civil engineering countries. These people will train us on ways we can be hands-on engineers with a very excellent knowledge on designs and CADs. Every six months, there will be exhibition of projects done by these students and they will showcase it in their galleria. These projects will not be:
1. How to make block nor
2. How to patch roof.

The project meant for exhibition will be top-notch. It will be as a result of what the students thought that have not been done in any part of africa. They will be shared in groups and each group will develop a project and see it to completion.

In this civil engineering school, these students will build their roads themselves and other things in it.

2. Mechanical Engineering: Most mechanical systems are alike because the major difference is the endpoint result of the machines. In recent times, mechanical engineering has shown the world that its not yet time to leave the world with the world bringing out jaw-dropping mechanical systems. I am not saying we're going to make inventions but we're going to be good in mechanical engineering.

We have innoson and coscharis who are into automobiles.

We have the people in Nnewi who are dealing in spare parts.

We have a projects around africa about power generation and Utilisation.

We have oil and gas firms needing professionals in mechanical systems and control.

We have ships, aeronautic systems that need mechanical engineers.

We have to service, couple and maintain mechanical systems.

To be frank, our mechanics of nowadays do not requisite knowledge to maintain our cars and mechanical systems. All they do is scavenge other systems to make other systems work. Countries like Germany, France, America, Canada, Norway are presently recruiting mechanical engineering trainees. Shell, Chevron and other oil companies are looking for engineering professionals who will not take them much to train. If we can only train people to be excellent mechanical engineers who will be relevant in our states and can still be relevant for the outside world.

This will in a long run, profit the government because there won't be anyone depending on the government for funds. The government will get more IGR from its professionals and investors will love to locate their manufacturing companies in the east.

Like what I said above, projects will be done every six months and they must bring out possible ways of solving issues in our present power sector.

Energy conservation and Utilisation is a billion dollars business. Igbos are meant to take over the power industry because we have the power in gas and coal.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:05am On Oct 11, 2015
asha80:
I dont think this can be done in isolation

Please explain what you mean by isolation.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by asha80(m): 10:08am On Oct 11, 2015
VickJames:

Please explain what you mean by isolation.
I mean been done is se states or anambra alone...maybe I am wrong but china is a sovereign state..you get the drift?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:17am On Oct 11, 2015
What I have opportuned to see is that, most economies are trying to reduce dependency on its government. China has done that, India is doing same now.

Information Technology:

ICT is a booming sector and when you look carefully for those in telecommunication which I have been given the opportunity to see what they do. There's a high need for RF engineers in the ICT world. Optimisation engineers are the high sort after engineers in the world now because the percentage of telephone and computer users are growing. In Nigeria, the Chinese company ZTE and Huawei are optimising and managing our telecommunication base stations. The amount of money these people make every month can make you a billionaire overnight. As you can see, some parts of the eastern region do not have good network. Even with 4 working telecommnunication companies in the country. Now, extrapolate it to africa. Many places need optimisation engineers and who is trying to cover those places? The Chinese! Optimisation of networks is not rocket science. I have an amount of knowledge about it and I can say we can also be RF optimisation engineer in the east if we train ourselves to manage EDGE and 3.5G networks. With those professionals, we can get good networks in the east and other parts of Africa. With our own engineers. It is important we look into this and see what we can gain from it. There are so many grounds yet uncovered in the world. These grounds need to be covered by optimisation engineers and where should they come from? The east!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:20am On Oct 11, 2015
asha80:
I mean been done is se states or anambra alone...maybe I am wrong but china is a sovereign state..you get the drift?

This is what I thought about. But there's no time. The Nigerian government will not stop you from training experts in your states. They will not stop them from building roads and managing mechanical systems. This can be done and unknowingly, every expert needed for a particular job will be an igbo man. From there, igbos will have one of the highest number of professionals in africa.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:37am On Oct 11, 2015
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING: whether good or bad government, some people are benefiting from it. Engineers most times do not concern themselves about what happens in government. One aspect of engineering who care less the most are the electrical engineers. They're everywhere you go and they do everything you want. When I talked about other aspects as seen above, I didn't mention the great contributions our electrical and electronics engineers will play. All systems made today has electrical/electronic components in them. This goes to show how electrical engineers are needed. The question we still ask ourselves, what is our electrical engineers doing now? Nothing!

In Nigeria, the worth of electrical/electronics engineers have been dampened by senseless by our lack of exposure of what is happening now. Electrical Engineers are the answer of our tomorrow and whether you like or not we need them.

You'll say our universities churn out thousands of electrical engineers everyday, lol. Those are not electrical engineers, those are just engineering graduates. There's a difference. Watch youtube videos and see what electrical engineers are doing with basic principles. It is important we understand something, electrical engineering basically obeys principles and if you know these principles works in real life, you'll be the most sort after electrical engineers in the Nigeria.

Power projects are getting stalled, Africa is a dark continent, electrical systems are basically brought into this country through imports.

Now, let me say something:

1. Why do we import fan, blender, electric bulb, iron, etc? Basically laziness and lack of technical know-how on how to produce these things locally.

2. Did our electrical engineers study power generation, distribution and utilisation in the university? Definitely Yes, but can they produce electricity? No. Why? They were not taught.

3. Who is presently providing electricity in Enugu now, Emeka Offor. Who did he employ? Whites! Power generation isn't rocket science and every electrical engineering graduate knows that but he wasn't opportuned to practicalise it and make it happen.

Africa is dark and every country wants light but the people who wants to give them light are expensive. We can be of help.

Electrical systems are wide. We have control systems. Control systems is our future. Everyone wants everything to be controlled, why can't we learn control systems which is definitely one of the sweetest part of electrical engineering.

If you have these people in your region. Something drastic will happen and the economy will explode.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:51am On Oct 11, 2015
AGRICULTURE: I know we're getting this right and we will continue to get it right in this direction because anything done in agriculture is right because agriculture is right in itself.

I know planting is our culture and no one needs to be taught how to put seeds into the ground and know the normal 3-5m metre spacing system. But as other aspects of life has improved, so as the agricultural sector.

We need to have experts in agriculture in our region because agric business is a very lucrative one. Revenue that can be gotten from agriculture will make you richer than many oil-producing countries. Just the other day, we discussed about cattle farming and how much we can gain from it. I saw that we can make as high as 12.3billion dollars from cow business. This is one thing we need to look into.

Rice is one hell of an agricultural product that can change the present state of this country. I heard we import almost 800billion naira worth of rice every year. I may be wrong but its close to that range. If we can just feed Nigeria rice, we crazy system of farming done in Israel, we're good to go.

If only we can get indigenous experts in agriculture and spend much on them. They will be the first revolutionalise the economy for us. They can generate as high as 50billion dollars in total from agriculture. You know that the soil in the east, is as rich as Bill Gate.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:06am On Oct 11, 2015
Specialist in Business Development:

This is the part I love the most. If we can develop these people, the region will be a billionaire's den. Our people are majorly known for business and if we can't improve on our business skills, other people we come and take it from us. I thought of ways we can improve on our business and get more customer base. Its for us to get business development experts. These people will be the ones to search for business ideas and sell it to our businessmen. They will also do concrete research on the health status of a particular kind of business. They will also alert intending businessmen on whether someone can still invest in a particular kind of business or not. They will be experts in raising funds for new business ideas. They will start businesses, grow it and sell it out. They will be smart. They will keep money in the region and do business overseas.

This doesn't come by chance but as a result of learning. Business is more important than engineering because we eat through business. Our people are known to be business moguls, but we need to secure the future before others climb on our shoulders.

You can't learn this in a read and pass environment. These people must be thought to do these things. With the european banks are giving low interest rate loans to companies and people, these people can get these loans and service it. They will bring money into the region and use it to develop a new business, make profit and sell it to us. If there will be no buyers, as a result of lack of funds, they can sell them as shares. This is a very good way of doing BOT!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:32am On Oct 11, 2015
I am not a fan of this tertiary education system in our country today. I am not saying we shouldn't go to the university but what I'm actually saying is this. Why waste 5years reading and passing exams only. I can bet that we don't really have a particular direction in the practicals we did in the university. No end result in those practicals. We need to change our ways of reasoning education in the east. China, Japan, Lebanese and some other countries who grew late, changed their approach towards education. We should redefine education. It is not about reading kirchoff's law and dalton's atomic theory alone. Who kirchoff dan help?

The merging of Skills and conventional education is the way forward. Some topics we did in the university are irrelevant and they shouldn't be taught.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by oilykid(m): 11:42am On Oct 11, 2015
Vickjames, thumbs up bro. Nice ideas but achieving all those things won't be an easy task due some certain factors.most of these professionals have to been sent and trained abroad which will require a large chunk of the govt budget unless its going to be private sponsored which I don't think its going to be feasible in Nigeria.

Another thing is intelligence sharing in the sense that when these professionals get over to China or any western or Asian country where they are going to learn all this stuffs, will those people teach us everything that we need to know in order to be self sufficient in technology.. Mind you that if they do, their services and expatriates won't be needed again in Africa or Nig and this would go a long way in affecting their economy since they won't be exporting their technology to Africa again
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2015
VickJames:
I am not a fan of this tertiary education system in our country today. I am not saying we shouldn't go to the university but what I'm actually saying is this. Why waste 5years reading and passing exams only. I can bet that we don't really have a particular direction in the practicals we did in the university. No end result in those practicals. We need to change our ways of reasoning education in the east. China, Japan, Lebanese and some other countries who grew late, changed their approach towards education. We should redefine education. It is not about reading kirchoff's law and dalton's atomic theory alone. Who kirchoff dan help?

The merging of Skills and conventional education is the way forward. Some topics we did in the university are irrelevant and they shouldn't be taught.
I want to meet u one day we share the same views about igbo land.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 12:03pm On Oct 11, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

I wish Nnamdi Kanu had an email address to get people's concerns and also gather intelligence quickly from the ground. people have complained it is a herculean task to call and get answered. An easier way for people to participate in the discussion of the independence of their land through email should be made available to them. Nnamdi Kanu speaks the truth but he should have some finesse. Managing human beings isn't easy, talk more of people that have been oppressed for so long as the Igbos have been in Nigeria. So a lot of work and patience is required.

Nnamdi should carefully examine how Nelson Mandela conducted his own freedom struggle with a lot of self control and wisdom.Mandela eventually convinced the world to impose sanctions on the terrorist apartheid state. Mind you, before that, the apartheid government had branded Mandela a terrorist. Communicating your case is a huge step in this cause.

You cannot achieve Biafra if more than 50% of Igbo is against it. Therefore, instead of cursing people, he should clearly state the injustice which everyone already knows and sees, then convince them. Igbos are oppressed all over Nigeria and excluded from the governance of Nigeria, so convincing someone about this shouldn't be too hard to do. People will volunteer their skills and resources if you are able to give them a courteous treatment. One that recourses to insulting people is a mark of poor communication skill of stating the case.
I hate when he keeps hammering Britain, although the conduct of that country is shameful in contributing to the oppression and killing of fellow human beings. In fact, Britain should seeks ways of restructuring Nigeria to make it workable and not simply backing one side with weapons supplied through a rogue state like Iran. I listen to the relay of the broadcast on the internet http://www.liveonlineradio.net/english/radio-biafra.htm , i will call and tell nnamdi to tone down on hammering on our people in derogatory terms. Tell them very specifically where and how they erred with facts and figures without insulting the man. it makes you sound credible not to be regarded as a hoodlum.

The whites that I know are very conscientious. There is no other way of telling them their ills than being blunt. Such is their tradition. We all know that even in their family units, kids tell their parents the blunt truth unlike in Africa. Therefore, I have not seen any lies or whatever Nnamdi has so far said about the British government....Even as he's been very explicit about how good the English (the commoners) are as a people.

The lives of the people we govern should matter to us much more than the nourishing of inter regional politics. Mr. Obiano receives the security report of his state each morning. And i find it difficult to fathom why he refused to make a statement on the shootinng to death of innocent citizens of his state who were peacefully sharing pamphlets. I can't understand the politics behind the silence. He really erred here.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OGOg: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2015
asha80:
It can be done sir
Instead of investing in state university alone the govt should invest more in technical school.
Part of the reason Nigeria is still unindustrialized is because of lack of skilled manpower.
Anambra can decide to invest in technical school, send our bright university students for focused training in different endeavours, this would be the first step.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 1:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
What we don't understand is that our country didn't grow when scientists were been trained. This is not the era of science but the era of engineering. We waste so much billions every year to educate our kids in united states, canada and UK. To what end? To be graduates. Nonsense idea.

Let me enlighten minds on what university is all about. Most universities around the world are the same. They don't teach you hands-on. They teach you more of theory and less practical applications. University is good for those who will analyse issues and not those who will do it. Get it? I will need a university expert to analyse in simple terms how to build a complicated structure by analysing the kinetics and structural mechanics of the said structure. But who will do it? Those with hands-on skills.

This training doesn't mean they won't have analytical skills, No. They will have the best skills.

These american and other european universities only teach what scientists have already done. Institutes teach you how to do these things. They give you pure knowledge and info about things. You can hardly see Americans advertise their technological institutes but they will advertise their universities for you. To come and learn what faraday said. Who cares what faraday said? What I am only concerned is how I can put what faraday said into practice. Chinese are not after making scientific breakthroughs, they'll tell you that its for americans and the Russians. What they do is mass produce using already laid down rules.

What's the fuss about university education if you practise what you learnt. Spend that time to change your life and that of your family. Build institutes that will teach people how to run their lives and you later collect tax from them. Than people who do not know what to do with their lives and kill themselves in immigration aptitude test.

America, UK, Canada, Norway, Belgium, Bahrain, Qatar, etc will not deport you if you have technical power and skill. You're an asset to them. But if you go there as a person who is thinking doing one menial job, you're one hell of a parasite.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 1:25pm On Oct 11, 2015
lygn19:
I want to meet u one day we share the same views about igbo land.
God willing, we will meet at the top and we will change things. Amen
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2015
oilykid:
Vickjames, thumbs up bro. Nice ideas but achieving all those things won't be an easy task due some certain factors.most of these professionals have to been sent and trained abroad which will require a large chunk of the govt budget unless its going to be private sponsored which I don't think its going to be feasible in Nigeria.

Another thing is intelligence sharing in the sense that when these professionals get over to China or any western or Asian country where they are going to learn all this stuffs, will those people teach us everything that we need to know in order to be self sufficient in technology.. Mind you that if they do, their services and expatriates won't be needed again in Africa or Nig and this would go a long way in affecting their economy since they won't be exporting their technology to Africa again

This is what we have to do. We're not sending anyone to those countries. We're going to invite them down here. Travel cost and maintenance cost will be zero.

What we're going to do is build institutes for these things. We're not going to just train some and leave some behind. This will be part of our education system in the east. I am not saying the government will enact a law where university education will be banned, No. People will still attend universities but people will be trained in these institutes. Trained very well and they will not need university education. These experts will be invited because they will be the ones teaching us.

You think it will be difficult? Nope! Elizade university in Ondo state has almost all his lecturers as whites. So, it is possible to invite these experts to Nigeria and create a home for them in Nigeria.

This is what we can do for them. Build their own houses within the school environment. Make sure its well protected and let them have access to every resources they will need.

After every year, we organise one award winning ceremony and give them awards. Since our Ohaneze loves giving every tom, dick and harry chieftancy title, they will hit them with another title. These things will make them want to stay for like 10years. If we get what we want from them for ten years, they can go back to their beloved country. By then, we will have our own home-grown experts who will want to teach others.

Those that will be experts and will teach others will be sent to different training schools abroad. These guys will be very few. They will learn more because they will be teacher too. So, they'll need to amass more knowledge to be able to guide others well.

If we spend money on the necessary fixed structures and machineries, we will reap the fruit 1000 folds. Its possible. That's the reason why China is growing. China is spending less trying to pay its workers but collect so much from its citizen from tax and other things.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Tex42(m): 2:24pm On Oct 11, 2015
jonathanOz:
Sometimes i wonder what's wrong with our people. Kwara people just recently rained insults on Saraki cos of the crimes he's accused of. Yorubas were the worst critics of OBJ during his days. In our case we prefer shielding suspected criminals from probe once we consider them one of us. Why?
What annoys me more is the fact that the niger deltans we always support dont give a fu*k about us yet we keep bootlicking. If the woman is found guilty, she should be made to face the music. Q.E.D
Well, I don't know if u are igbo, Anambrian or not, but what u stated Is the fact. we should stop celebrating national treasury looters, especially when they are one of own. If we must have a Biafra that is devoid of Farudsters cum leaders, then now is the time to start criticizing the illicit actions of our leaders.

If Allison is guilty of her crime, let her face the full course of justice otherwise she can walk a free and vindicated woman.

Not even sure the south-south is with us.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2015
[size=18pt]^^^^^^^^^^^[/size]
Dont trust what he says.

Great Ideas VickJames!
Thanks for sharing your great thoughts here.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
what did willie obiano and peter obi do to nnamdi kanu? grin grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
FreeGlobe:
what did willie obiano and peter obi do to nnamdi kanu? grin grin grin grin
He is rattling them poco a poco for touching his tail. Ngige is probably moping his forehead of perspiration for not getting a bad mention from KANU this critical moment of his political career.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by FreeGlobe(f): 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2015
LadyFiona:
He is rattling them poco a poco for touching his tail. Ngige is probably moping his forehead of perspiration for not getting a bad mention from KANU this critical moment of his political career.
He praised Ngige surprisingly. He said he is the only good governor anambra has had so far. But he cannot rule anambra with a muslim party.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
FreeGlobe:

He praised Ngige surprisingly. He said he is the only good governor anambra has had so far. But he cannot rule anambra with a muslim party.
As in eeee, no kidding. KANU is so unpredictable.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2015
I decided not to listen to him today, the guy case don tire me.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
Anambra State govt. set to construct over 10,000 housing estates

The State government says it plans to commence the construction of ten thousand affordable housing units in each of the three senatorial districts of the Anambra State.
Disclosing this to the ABS in Awka, the Commissioner for Housing, Mr. Frank-Emeka Offor, said a team of Irish Investors who would execute the projects are already in the state to sign a memorandum of understanding, MOU, with the state government.
Mr. Offor called on communities in the three Senatorial districts to donate land for the project, pointing out that increased interest of foreign investors in the state was due to the security initiative of the Governor Obiano led-administration as well as its liberal socio-economic development policies.
He also said that in line with the policy of the present state government to continue, complete and commission projects inherited from previous administrations, the Ministry of Housing would sustain and enhance basic infrastructure in government sponsored housing estates across the state, as well start new ones.
Mr. Offor further said that serious efforts are being made toward rapid completion of the hotel and shopping mall complexes in Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
Two Anambra students win STAN exhibition

Two students of the Queen of Rosary College (QRC) Onitsha have emerged winners of the Science Teachers Association of Nigeria (STAN) Project Exhibition held recently.
In a release from the office of the State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, the students, Miss Odife Chinecherem and Aidelokhai Winifred won the exhibition with their locally manufactured food drier device which could be used to dry all kinds of food items.
The two students who were supervised by a team of QRC Parents Teachers Association Science Teachers are to represent Nigeria at an International Science Project Exhibition scheduled for Mexico in November this year.
In another development, Anambra State Junior Debate Team is to represent Nigeria at the Junior World Schools Debate coming up in Croatia in December this year.
According to the release from the office of the State Commissioner for Information, Culture and Tourism, the representation is sequel to the brilliant performance of the team at the 2014 Independence Inter- States Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) Schools' Debate where it came first in the entire federation.
Meanwhile, the Anambra State Senior Debate Team has returned from Singapore where they performed creditably in representing Nigeria at the recent World Schools' Debate held in Singapore. The release further stated that the victorious Anambra Senior Debate Team would be presented with a certificate of recognition by the First Lady of Nigeria Mrs Aisha Buhari on 19th October 2015.

5 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by meccuno: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2015
ChimaAdeoye:

First Class Comment......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.