Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (497) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1230314 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
IgboNazi2:
Innoson wakes up one day and begins to brag that his family is better than other families in Anambra I'd bet many would stop buying his car to prove him wrong..Humility is a virtue.we need plenty of it on this thread.

Let just do our thing and stop unneccesary competition esp with fellow igbos. You can tell them how beautiful and safe your State is and not telling how worthless their state is compare to Anambra
my Friend stop this nonsense. Using different monikers to say the same nonsense won't hold water.

It's called "healthy competitions". It started when Sullivan wanted to outshine anambra state. Now enugu is one of the most prestigious states in Nigeria. Anambra now desperate to take over its title is developing really fast? What is wrong with that?

If it wasn't for the competitions between ford car and Toyota, how do you think cars would have been by now? The spirited competitions made Toyota big now ford is struggling to become number one again by making their cars cheaper.

Nothing is wrong with heathy competitions...even Abia state is joining in the mix with ebonyi state. If it wasn't for those competitions, eastern states would still be backward

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 5:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

They've started already. I heard it's at a cost of 2 billion naira and his wife is handling it.

I do not think we can afford such luxury at this austere time IMO.
“Corporate bodies are decorating Anambra State”
- Princess Chinwe Nwaebili, Comm for Environment

The Commissioner for Environment, Princess Chinwe Nwaebili, has cleared the air regarding who is funding the ongoing Christmas decorations in Anambra State. There had been insinuations and malicious commentaries in the social media alleging that Governor Obiano took loan to embark on decorations. According to Princess Nwaebili, the current Christmas decorations in Anambra State have been voluntarily undertaken by banks, corporate organization and contractors who wisht to identify with the good works of Governor Willie Obiano. These responsible corporate citizens share His Excellency’s true belief that things are getting better in Anambra State and there is need to encourage our people who customarily spend Christmas with their kith and kin to come home.
The Commissioner for Environment whose Ministry entertains and coordinates the requests by these organizations to decorate specific locations has this to say: “Governor Willie Obiano is not spending a dime on Christmas decoration. I can confidently tell you that banks, corporate organizations and contractors have voluntarily adopted over 15 different locations in Anambra State for decorations as part of their corporate social responsibility to the people of Anambra State. We also encourage them to leverage their image by branding their decorated locations with their corporate identity In fact, I want to seize this opportunity to thank them because apart from taking the financial burden off government, they are helping to create the right ambience and celebratory atmosphere for the yuletide season.” To disabuse the minds of the doubting Thomas’s, she went further to display the list of locations that have been adopted for Christmas decorations by these organizations.

IDC - Upper Iweka, Amansea, Flyovers at Aroma and Amawbia
CCC - Fr. Tansi Roundabout
Kanubeen - Government House
Steffanutti - Umueze, Ekwulobia
Cossel - Nwagu Agulu
Rockland - Revenue House
New Idea - Nkisi, 3-3 Roundabout and Nwafor College Gate Nsugbe.
Pachucs - Nnobi Roundabout, Nkwo Ichida
Civil Crest - DMGS Roundabout
Tamad - Intersection of Zik Avenue and Green Wood
Greyline - Amansea, Cattle Market
Sagez - Ugwu Nwasike, Tarzan Pedestrian Bridge
Cosco - Abba and Ukpor Roundabout
Brecco - Awkuzu Junction
Grand Star - Ihiala-Orlu Road
Benejaf - Nnewi Shopping Mall
Doliz Brown- Trans Nkisi Junction & GRA Junction Onitsha
Estrada - Anaku, Umueje, Omor
Akumast - Nkwo Enugwu-Ukwu/Oye Agu Abagana
CCECC - Owerri Road
Cynovitus - Nkpor Junction
Daniels - Odumodu Junction and Afor Igwe
Amico Constr - Mkpuota
MAc Mourtz - Uga Roundabout
Beecraft - Eke-Awka Roundabout

She wishes ndi Anambra a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year. (Pix) St Paul's Theological College Nnewi Anambra State!

11 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Yeske2(m): 5:34pm On Dec 07, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

They've started already. I heard it's at a cost of 2 billion naira and his wife is handling it.

I do not think we can afford such luxury at this austere time IMO.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:
“Corporate bodies are decorating Anambra State”
- Princess Chinwe Nwaebili, Comm for Environment

The Commissioner for Environment, Princess Chinwe Nwaebili, has cleared the air regarding who is funding the ongoing Christmas decorations in Anambra State. There had been insinuations and malicious commentaries in the social media alleging that Governor Obiano took loan to embark on decorations. According to Princess Nwaebili, the current Christmas decorations in Anambra State have been voluntarily undertaken by banks, corporate organization and contractors who wisht to identify with the good works of Governor Willie Obiano. These responsible corporate citizens share His Excellency’s true belief that things are getting better in Anambra State and there is need to encourage our people who customarily spend Christmas with their kith and kin to come home.
The Commissioner for Environment whose Ministry entertains and coordinates the requests by these organizations to decorate specific locations has this to say: “Governor Willie Obiano is not spending a dime on Christmas decoration. I can confidently tell you that banks, corporate organizations and contractors have voluntarily adopted over 15 different locations in Anambra State for decorations as part of their corporate social responsibility to the people of Anambra State. We also encourage them to leverage their image by branding their decorated locations with their corporate identity In fact, I want to seize this opportunity to thank them because apart from taking the financial burden off government, they are helping to create the right ambience and celebratory atmosphere for the yuletide season.” To disabuse the minds of the doubting Thomas’s, she went further to display the list of locations that have been adopted for Christmas decorations by these organizations.

IDC - Upper Iweka, Amansea, Flyovers at Aroma and Amawbia
CCC - Fr. Tansi Roundabout
Kanubeen - Government House
Steffanutti - Umueze, Ekwulobia
Cossel - Nwagu Agulu
Rockland - Revenue House
New Idea - Nkisi, 3-3 Roundabout and Nwafor College Gate Nsugbe.
Pachucs - Nnobi Roundabout, Nkwo Ichida
Civil Crest - DMGS Roundabout
Tamad - Intersection of Zik Avenue and Green Wood
Greyline - Amansea, Cattle Market
Sagez - Ugwu Nwasike, Tarzan Pedestrian Bridge
Cosco - Abba and Ukpor Roundabout
Brecco - Awkuzu Junction
Grand Star - Ihiala-Orlu Road
Benejaf - Nnewi Shopping Mall
Doliz Brown- Trans Nkisi Junction & GRA Junction Onitsha
Estrada - Anaku, Umueje, Omor
Akumast - Nkwo Enugwu-Ukwu/Oye Agu Abagana
CCECC - Owerri Road
Cynovitus - Nkpor Junction
Daniels - Odumodu Junction and Afor Igwe
Amico Constr - Mkpuota
MAc Mourtz - Uga Roundabout
Beecraft - Eke-Awka Roundabout

She wishes ndi Anambra a Merry Christmas and Prosperous New Year. (Pix) St Paul's Theological College Nnewi Anambra State!

CCC
okuzu junction

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:02pm On Dec 07, 2015
Hall Mart plaza before Kwata flyover

8 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:06pm On Dec 07, 2015
Flyover update

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Anambra1stSon(m): 6:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
I captured this from Amawbia flyover.

Amawbia bypass

12 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Dec 07, 2015
liberty300:
my Friend stop this nonsense. Using different monikers to say the same nonsense won't hold water.

It's called "healthy competitions". It started when Sullivan wanted to outshine anambra state. Now enugu is one of the most prestigious states in Nigeria. Anambra now desperate to take over its title is developing really fast? What is wrong with that?

If it wasn't for the competitions between ford car and Toyota, how do you think cars would have been by now? The spirited competitions made Toyota big now ford is struggling to become number one again by making their cars cheaper.

Nothing is wrong with heathy competitions...even Abia state is joining in the mix with ebonyi state. If it wasn't for those competitions, eastern states would still be backward

Visaphone,SmileNetwork,Glo,MTN etc don't attack one another and call it competition. It is even illegal to attack your competitors on radio or adverts. The Network providers even go as far as sharing their facilities. This is how things should be not atacking igbo statesin the name of competition
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:44pm On Dec 07, 2015
First off,I want you guys to read this article and later I will come and highlight the disgusting ignorance,stupidity and shortsightedness inherent in this article and the writer. These detractors think we are gonna build an advanced system and economy with tax payers money from Ochanja market

ANAMBRA STATE FINANCIAL MADNNESS SKY ROCKETS by MAZI ODERA

Anambra Commissioner for Health Dr Joe Akabuike and Gov Obiano
The current mad drive of Anambra state Government to drive to insanity the small and medium businesses in the state into oblivion is paying dividend. The traders ,especially those on the street are gnashing their teeth in painful Government manipulative menstruation .The Government we all voted for hoping for a better state ,has suddenly subjected us to life of “aga akoro onye ?” [Who shall we tell ]

Originally the drive was targeted on Hawkers ,Artisans and less privilege road side vendors ,where the Government are harassing and intimidating them into parting with the bulk of Cash they can manage by folding their business,the government where able to drive fear into the mind of the masses by brandishing some Mumbo Jumbo Documents which they always tell the traders that it is a legal judgement from a Judge empowering them to imprison anybody that defaulted , with the little understanding of the Traders, this Agents of the Government has succeeded in driving many of them out of business after they might have sold all they can to pay the over hyped agencies of devastation from the Government who increased all the previous Local Government charges with over 2000% increment, also has taking the Levy collection out of the hands of the relevant agencies into the hands of particular Town from Anambra North ,by so doing ,they are taking life and livelihood out of the hands of rest of the state to empower a particular Town ,mobilising them against the rest of the state in preparation of aggressive take over of the State . Be reminded that from Drivers to SSA,SA and almost all the workers presently in the Government are predominantly from a Town . Whereas the rest of the state is crying blue atrocities ,a particular town is singing praises of UTOPIAN headways .

Today the State Commissioner for Health Dr Joe Akabuike outside his many side of atrocious manipulations under the protection of the Government has added a brand new twist ,he suddenly started collecting ,sorry the euphemistic way to play it down should be ,he have started mandating with serious intimidation from all the Store ,Shops, Business Centres ,Health institutions what he called FUMIGATION CERTIFICATE ,which he charges minimum of 40,000 NAIRA and he also sent out THUGS who goes out as his enforcers and they are ready to break legs or Jaws to make you part with this ugly extortion .

anambra Gov Fumigaion crap

This is coming at the heel of FIRE EXTINGUISHER CERTIFICATION which the Government through one of his over 500 Surrogates collect the sum of 40,000 Naira per shop .

The rate my state spring levy driving Thugs and unleash them unto the hapless and Harmless public is giving many people cause for serious concern.

The question begging for answer is “obu ukwua ka Nama ga eji je lue Umuahia ?” ,we also must remember that the present Government were bequeathed with a whooping sum of 75 Billion Naira cash and Investment which was long gone and they borrowed 10 Billion Naira [to pay 21 Billion within 10 years ] that is gone as well .

This January they are hoping to say Happy New Year with a Brand New loan of 50 Billion Naira ,hoping to pay back about 104 Billion both interest and Principal .

http://www.thesoutherngong.com/2015/12/anambra-state-the-igr-madness/
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 7:48pm On Dec 07, 2015
^^
Everyone should ignore this foolish propaganda article from peter obi agents...

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 07, 2015
@Liberty300 my dear, you are getting it all wrong. I have seen some sort of unhealthy competition on this thread and it's not okay by me. Anambra is not and should not be in competion with any Igbo state. Instead of competing with one another, we should rather focus on ways to bring out the best in the different states that make up Ala Igbo. We should never allow something instituted by our enemies cause division among us. A win for Anambra is a win for Ndị Igbo. Same goes for Ebonyi, Imo, Anioma, Enugu, Abia.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 7:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
What a 'beauty' this road would have been if the govt or the commissioner of environment plant trees on both sides of this road!. We must learn not only decorating our Streets & Roads on Xmass but throughout the whole year!.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 7:54pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:
What a 'beauty' this road would have been if the govt or the commissioner of environment plant trees on both sides of this road!. We must learn not only decorating our Streets & Roads on Xmass but throughout the whole year!.
This road is very tiny. I think this road should be dualized. I've used this road severally and I know what I'm talking about
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:

Nice but it needs to be marked and traffic lights installed.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OdenigboAroli(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
We can't dualize roads just because people want us to. It has to meet certain criteria,unless if you want to knock peoples houses down. The road need a beat of finishing job,that's all.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 8:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
AtlanticBreeze:

This road is very tiny. I think this road should be dualized. I've used this road severally and I know what I'm talking about

I am having this feeling that the road was worked on and expanded a bit with covered drain/walkway. The last time I passed there to Nise was in 2013. Right now I noticed quite some improvements on it.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Scholes007(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
asha80:
not sure why he is begging them if that line is through..he should take them to court since he did not break any rule
he have done it before during obj regime and nothing significant happened.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2015
AnamCity:

I am having this feeling that the road was worked on and expanded a bit with covered drain/walkway. The last time I passed there to Nise was in 2013. Right now I noticed quite some improvements on it.
Anambra State should at least plant more trees on the roads & streets...... The Pictures below are from Africa's cleaniest & most beautiful City of Kigali Rwanda

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2015
^^^^^ Anambra State Commissioner of Environment Come & See!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 9:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:
^^^^^ Anambra State Commissioner of Environment Come & See!!!!!

Dey definately need to plant trees and where appropriate flowers. It makes the place look beautiful.

Grass should mainly be grown in parks and cut regularly to avoid snakes and other animal infestation.

Grass also looks good in gardens but must be treated and cut regularly.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:18pm On Dec 07, 2015
Awka is fast becoming a choice destination for holiday makers with it's ever growing Hotels & Entertainment centres!..... The number of quality hotel keep on growing that at the last count was over 70. This is Awka that was having only less than 10 hotels just 10 years ago!. If this continues, which I know will,Awka will become the No. '1' entertainment centre East of the Niger!. (Pix) Trig Point Hotel Nibo Awka Anambra State!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2015
Compare these two streets.

The one at the top has alot going under the ground and the Awka one below has alot less underground, yet yu find holes all over the street.

No well placed trees.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
The pavement for the street does not have to be white or light. It is better dark.

These little detail make a big difference. Alot of street pavement in Nigeria are white stone and looks dirty after a while but a brown stone is timeless.

Pavement stone have many colours not just white.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:29pm On Dec 07, 2015
I Believe That Anambra State Commissioner of Environment is reading & looking at these pictures below vvvvvv

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra State should at least plant more trees on the roads & streets...... The Pictures below are from Africa's cleaniest & most beautiful City Rwanda

You are right, similar stuff like that are already happening around like this Park at Agu-Awka. Though we need to keep doing more. I think frankie once posted this pictures.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:42pm On Dec 07, 2015
@Investnow, I noticed the same consisted effort is going on in Onitsha too. We must keep doing more.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
AnamCity:
@Investnow, I noticed consisted effort is going on in Onitsha too. We must keep doing more.

The trees in a park are usually well positioned to beautify the parameter and walk ways with some distance from the actual work ways.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:46pm On Dec 07, 2015
AnamCity:
@Investnow, I noticed consisted effort is going on in Onitsha too. We must keep doing more.
That road from that Zik/Borromeo roundabout to River Niger Bridge should look similar to this pix below vvvvvv

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
It will not take more than two years for Anambra State to do all these if the govt of Obiano is reading all these!..... I still believe that one day Anambra State will surely get there!. Pix taken at a school @ Nnewi Anambra State!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by waternogetemeny: 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2015
Pavement styles from around the world. This will really look good on that flyover, in the street light area.

The little stones on the tree section of number two pavement is glued together to stop people picking them up and washed away in the rain.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:10pm On Dec 07, 2015
The Gate of Tansian University Umunya Oyi Lga of Anambra State is not looking bad at all, but more should be done by the School authorities to beautify the entrance more with trees & flowers!.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Deltagiant: 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2015
investnow2013:
Anambra State should at least plant more trees on the roads & streets...... The Pictures below are from Africa's cleaniest & most beautiful City Rwanda

I believe you meant Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. Anyways, one interesting thing about Rwanda is the red soil it shares with most parts of the South East of Nigeria. More greenery might be one of the ways to lessen the impact of red soil in the environment. Kigali is apparently doing just fine.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (494) (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.