Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (499) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1225262 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cremedelacreme: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2015
investnow2013:
You need to invest in Lands arround Oba near the Stream & not far from Oba International Market!. It goes for 700 to 1 Million a plot!. You can as well buy in Nkwelle in arround Catholic Charismatic's Glorious Estate!. Anambra is a huge market now! (Pix)Merchants of Life School Oba

It wont be so easy getting a land around the Oba International Market. A friend wanted to get a plot just beside Rojenny Stadium and he was told 3M! The whole area has been sold and some smart peeps that bought few years back are now reselling. Guy just try your luck sha.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 8:30pm On Dec 08, 2015
cremedelacreme:

It wont be so easy getting a land around the Oba International Market. A friend wanted to get a plot just beside Rojenny Stadium and he was told 3M! The whole area has been sold and some smart peeps that bought few years back are now reselling. Guy just try your luck sha.
I am very sure what I am saying!..... I am not talking about Rojenny area but after the Oba Market down to the other side of the stream which they are building a bridge!. Anambra di uto!
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by basilo101: 9:04pm On Dec 08, 2015
Is the mall going to miss the Christmas deadline? Its less than 3 weeks ooo
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:13pm On Dec 08, 2015
basilo101:
Is the mall going to miss the Christmas deadline? Its less than 3 weeks ooo

No mind these guys oooh. There is no way those two bridges will be completely ready before Xmas. Maybe motorable but certainly not complete.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:45pm On Dec 08, 2015
Obiano Fulfills another Election promise, Revives Academicals

The Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has fulfilled yet another election promise made as part of his youth development programme with the Flag-off of the 2015 Anambra U-17 Academicals Governor’s Cup Competition.

The Flag-off of the football competition involving seventy girls’ teams and eighty boys teams from different secondary schools across the state was performed by the governor Saturday at the St Charles special college Onitsha playground, with a kick-off in the match between Washington Grammer School, Onitsha and Dennis Memorial Grammer School, (DMGS)Onitsha.

Addressing the people, Governor Obiano said that his administration is reviving the soccer academicals as an annual competition aimed at developing the youths at the secondary school level across the state. He underscored the importance of sports as a vehicle for putting the students in the right frame of mind for their studies, since it is said that “a healthy body is in a healthy mind.”

According to Obiano, “The academicals used to be a grooming ground where most of Nigeria's valuable players were produced in the past. As you can see, I am here with the former Nigerian goal keeper, Mr. Emmanuel Okala who once played for Metropolitan College Onitsha before moving-up to excel at the national and international level. The plan is to ensure that Anambra will continue to be on top in sports in Nigeria and Africa.”

Governor Obiano stated that at the end of the tournament
the overall winning school will go home with a cash price of four million naira.

Earlier, Commissioner for Youths and Sports Ogbuefi Tony Nnacheta said that the academicals was revived in line with the mandate of the governor to make sure the state excel in sports. He explained that the competition is featuring about two hundred football matches from where a school champion and a lot of talented youths in soccer will emerge.

Also speaking, the member representing Onitsha North -1 in the Anambra State House of Assembly, Barrister Chugbo Enwezor appreciated Governor Obiano for his efforts in reviving school sports which he said will go far in gingering the young ones and the people of the state.

The very entertaining football match which saw Washington Grammar School beat the DMGS team by two goals to one was witnessed by many football enthusiast comprising of members of the state Executive Council and secondary students from competing schools.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 9:51pm On Dec 08, 2015
a bid to imbibe the spirit of unity, and also to scout for raw talents, Anambra State Government has initiated the football tournament which would have our U-17 male and female secondary school students compete.

The event which is first of its kind in the State would take place from November, 2015 through January, 2016.

A cross section of the audience during the Draws
A cross section of the audience during the Draws
The fixtures were drawn yesterday, November 22, 2015 at ASUBEB Seminar Hall, Awka with all the secondary schools in Anambra State in attendance.

Speaking to the audience, the stand in chairman of the occasion, Arthur Ebunam urged the students to take this academicals serious. He narrated how he rose to prominence from participating in academicals of this kind while still a student of Christ the King College Onitsha.

He went further to testify that all his education from secondary till Masters Degree was taken care of as a result of his achievements in sports.

Ogbuefi Tony Nnacheta, Commissioner for Youths and Sports Development in his speech, assured the participants that so many of them would benefit from the competition both in cash and in kind; but warned the school authorities not to field ineligible players.

Ogbuefi Tony reiterated that the administration of Governor Willie Obiano does not identify with fraud and therefore would sanction properly any principal that violates the rules and regulations of the academicals.

He also disclosed that the winner of the competition would smile home with about 4 million naira which would include both the prize money and other add-ons.

Also speacking, Emmanuel Okala (MON) who is a product of academicals joined his voice to warn against fielding ineligible players for the competition.

The competition is grouped into six zones which as follows:

Aguata Zone seeding Aguata LGA, Orumba North LGA, Orumba South LGA

Awka Zone seeding Awka South, Awka North, Njikoka, Dunukofia and Anaocha

Ogidi Zone seeding Idemili North, Idemili South and Oyi

Otuocha Zone seeding Anambra east, Ayamelum and Anambra West

Onitsha Zone seeding Onitsha North, Ogbaru and Onitsha South

Nnewi Zone seeding Nnewi North, Nnewi South, Ekwusigo and Ihiala

The screening exercise which would confirm the eligibility of the registered players would commenced today, Monday, November 23, 2015 at the following venues for each local government.

Aguata Ekwulobia Stadium

Orumba North Government Primary School Ajalli

Orumba South Central School Ezira

Awka North Comm Sec Sch Isuaniocha

Awka South Township Stadium Awka

Njikoka Nnamdi Azikiwe Sec Sch Abagana

Dunukofia St Mary’s High Sch Ifitedunu

Anaocha Bubendof Grammar Sch Adazi

Idemili North Boys Sec Sch Ogidi

Idemili South Girls Sec Sch Alor

Oyi Sacred Heart Nteje

Anambra East GTC Umueri

Anambra West Comm Sec Sch Umueze Anam

Ayamelum Comm Sec Sch Omor

Onitsha North Chuba Ikpeazu Stadium Onitsha

Onitsha South Godwin Achebe Stadium Fegge

Ogbaru Comm Sec Sch Atani

Nnewi North Nnewi High School Nnewi

Nnewi South Central School Ukpor

Ihiala Odoata Primary School Ihiala

Ekwusigo St Matthew Ozubulu

Present at the event were many dignitaries in the world of sports: Emmanual Okala (MON), Arthur Ebunam (Former Rangers International player), Paul Obiakor (Former Rangers International Player), Faith Ugonna (Ag Director of sports, Ministry of Youth and Sports Development), Basil Uzoagu (Chief Coach), Bethel Ikennaka (Chairman, Referees Council) and many others.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by OreMI22: 9:53pm On Dec 08, 2015
acecarter:
I am from Anambra, but I don't know whether to love or hate her, in fact I smell the latter being more true.. Who would believe that as an indigene of Anambra & also after passing & both my post UTME & jamb, unizik refused to offer me admission... Even if it's not on merit list, but on supplementary.. I mean who does this... I am in so much pain right now

I still believe God can do it **sobs**
Bro take heart.
This is exactly what Igbos face at every level in Nigeria. DELIBERATE FRUSTRATION BY FG.

UNIZIk is controlled by quota system imposed from Abuja.
At the end of each admissions exercise, they must submit state of origin of all their students which the ministry of Education will review all 36 states and make sure they have their quotas. especially for states using UNIZIk as catchment area. Funny enough, the north never fill their quota both for the schools in their land and elsewhere.

Take heart bro, that is why we ask South east state governments and faith based institutions as the church, philanthropists etc to establish universities in the East. it is not enough to have great secondary schools if the children will not have placement in any university. The tragedy is that the FG through the NUC still frustrates any private organization trying to establish universities in the SE, preferring them to establish in the north, where existing universities don't even have enough students !
Now you see why those youths are asking for biafra and the right of the SE to govern itself.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:40pm On Dec 08, 2015
Housing Onitsha

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mizbaby(f): 11:47pm On Dec 08, 2015
AfricanFinest:

No dey talk rubbish... Who send PDP for here??
Dey your lane oo...
You like as woman dey represent you in the midst of scarce abi
Dey there make pant they wear you...

shocked shocked shocked You are a disgrace. Pls go back into d cave u crawled out from. Caveman. Ur daughters will not pass primary six. Watch and see.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mizbaby(f): 11:59pm On Dec 08, 2015
U don't like that 'mannish' woman may be because u are not a man. Work on your self esteem and accept that women are your equals. Simple. We have someone who is doing a good job but we prefer 'siddon look' people because they have deep pockets. What a brain!

SpaceTour:
I don't know why I don't like that mannish woman called Ekwunife? Ume is not an option, I would have loved to see Ngige there but he is in APC. ANDY Uba is a solid articulated guy but I would like him to remain at the federal politics. Stella is not bad but let her also remain at the federal arena.

We do not need career politicians at the state level but technocrats.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by YesWeCan11: 12:20am On Dec 09, 2015
What size do you call plot please? Because I know it varies depending on locations.
investnow2013:
You need to invest in Lands arround Oba near the Stream & not far from Oba International Market!. It goes for 700 to 1 Million a plot!. You can as well buy in Nkwelle in arround Catholic Charismatic's Glorious Estate!. Anambra is a huge market now! (Pix)Merchants of Life School Oba
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 12:41am On Dec 09, 2015
Mizbaby:

shocked shocked shocked You are a disgrace. Pls go back into d cave u crawled out from. Caveman. Ur daughters will not pass primary six. Watch and see.
are you are feminist? lmao
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 12:57am On Dec 09, 2015
YesWeCan11:
What size do you call plot please? Because I know it varies depending on locations.
Generally in Anambra State a plot of Land is mostly 50 by 100 or 60 by 100!

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nochi247: 1:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Mizbaby:
U don't like that 'mannish' woman may be because u are not a man. Work on your self esteem and accept that women are your equals. Simple. We have someone who is doing a good job but we prefer 'siddon look' people because they have deep pockets. What a brain!

Ma'am, please don't take it too personal. Forgive his chauvinism. I personally like the so called "mannish woman" because she could actually do what some men couldn't do. Those in her constituency when she was in Rep know what I'm saying.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by NRIPRIEST(m): 3:52am On Dec 09, 2015
Mizbaby:

This chic don mad like madam... grin
Funny enough it's her first time commenting here.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 4:06am On Dec 09, 2015
Just heard that Buhari secretly confiscated all assets of capital oil and jailed Ifeanyi Uba.
Please, someone should confirm this for me.
If this is true, why has he left Wale Tinubu and oando, Dangote and all these people milking Nigeria to continue to run wild?

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 09, 2015
Cjrane2:
Just heard that Buhari secretly confiscated all assets of capital oil and jailed Ifeanyi Uba.
Please, someone should confirm this for me.
If this is true, why has he left Wale Tinubu and oando, Dangote and all these people milking Nigeria to continue to run wild?
If this is true it may seem that Nnamdi Kanu is right all along. The witch hunting of Igbos...first Ibeto, now Ifeanyi Uba.....
NRIPRIEST:

This chic don mad like madam... grin
Funny enough it's her first time commenting here.
You should've reprimanded your fellow man for degrading a woman of substance who have made a positive impact on her constituency and the disparaging remarks he ascribed to women in general.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 7:11am On Dec 09, 2015
Entertainment industry is moving towards Awka. Interestingly most of the top Nollywood actors/actresses and top singers/entertainers are all from Anambra. Anambra first!.

Chetanna premiers in Awka on December 18, 2015

Chetanna, the Chigozie Atuanya directed Igbo language movie featuring Queen Nwokoye, Ebube Nwagbo and other top Nigerian actors premiers in Awka on Friday,
December 18, 2015 at Marble Arch Hotel.

Red carpet starts 4pm. All the big Nollywood players will be there. Come out with your friends and family and experience this first of its kind event. Christmas in Anambra is fun again.

http://absradiotv.com/index.php/entertainment/2423-chetanna-premiers-in-awka-on-december-18-2015#.Vmey3qbLM2k.facebook

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by EasternActivist: 7:50am On Dec 09, 2015
LadyFiona:

If this is true it may seem that Nnamdi Kanu is right all along. The witch hunting of Igbos...first Ibeto, now Ifeanyi Uba.....You should've reprimanded your fellow man for degrading a woman of substance who have made a positive impact on her constituency[s] and the disparaging remarks he ascribed to women in general.[/s]

He didn't made such comments, besides he is trying to say that PDP will hardly win. Besides Umeh commands high spirit in his own way and would perform better in the house. And he is vying under APGA given him an upper hand too.

This is his comments.

No dey talk rubbish... Who send PDP for here??
Dey your lane oo...
You like as woman dey represent you in the midst of scarce abi
Dey there make pant they wear you...

Honest truth though. Feminist in the house make una no vex, na Nigeria economy causam... Besides adichie became a feminist the time she left the shores of Nigeria. So no be our fault o, but we will continue to support our women. But promise us of being a good wife.. #winks..
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:37am On Dec 09, 2015
acecarter:
I am from Anambra, but I don't know whether to love or hate her, in fact I smell the latter being more true.. Who would believe that as an indigene of Anambra & also after passing & both my post UTME & jamb, unizik refused to offer me admission... Even if it's not on merit list, but on supplementary.. I mean who does this... I am in so much pain right now

I still believe God can do it **sobs**

I feel your pain, I have written this same thing on previous page on the thread, I stated how angry I was when I noticed that Anambra people are being cheated because of qouta system! when I told my uncle ( a professor) he said that it has always been like that, it's not a new thing, I was so angry, that I had to vent my venom on this page.. this and many other ugly things are my reason for my support for biafra. join the train too!!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by patrick89(m): 8:39am On Dec 09, 2015
AnamCity:
Entertainment industry is moving towards Awka. Interestingly most of the top Nollywood actors/actresses and top singers/entertainers are all from Anambra. Anambra first!.

things like this cannot get the required viewership without a TV station established in the east!!

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 9:11am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

things like this cannot get the required viewership without a TV station established in the east!!

Silverbird TV/Radio has it's SE regional head office in Awka, I think that is their only station in the SE at the moment. Besides that, ABS(Awka & Onitsha) has gone on the satellite(Startimes) and can also be viewed online. Aside all these, there are tens of FM stations across the state to report it. I think it will get publicity.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by RareDiamond: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2015
What is the situation at the Distell Beverage Factory whose construction was flagged off by Mr Peter Obi ? Has it been abandoned ? Is the Ozubulu Industrial Estate still active ?

investnow2013:
Generally in Anambra State a plot of Land is mostly 50 by 100 or 60 by 100!

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:20am On Dec 09, 2015
patrick89:

You cannot underestimate the power of a Viablant Media in the Eastern region.Oh! What a mighty City Onitsha would have been with a powerful Media house!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:42am On Dec 09, 2015
RareDiamond:
What is the situation at the Distell Beverage Factory whose construction was flagged off by Mr Peter Obi ? Has it been abandoned ? Is the Ozubulu Industrial Estate still active ?

Distell is not doing anything there simply because of disagreement with the host community!. The other company called Richbon which originally wanted to site their plant at former Oba Onitsha Airport site,who are into Motor & Carterpillar manufacture are very serious & have moved on site!. The other 3 companies that are suppose to set up their production plant their are still not ready!. (Pix) Richbon Executives, Obi of Ozubulu & Anambra State Investment Chiefs at Obi's Palace @ Ozubulu during the official agreement & start off of the construction work!

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2015
History was made in Onitsha Archdiocese as the New Bishops court was commissioned in Aguleri, the Mass was celebrated,Cardinal Francis Arinze was the Chief Celebrant. The Archbishop of Onitsha His Grace Most Rev. Dr. Val. M. Okeke the metropolitan of the Onitsha ecclesiastical Province thanked all present especially the Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency Willie Obiano Akpokuodike Aguleri and gave him the Papal blessing from the Pope Francis 1.
He later handed over the key of the beautiful edifice to his Auxiliary Bishop Denis Isizoh who will be residing there from henceforth. After blessing the house by the Cardinal and the ribbon was cut by the executive governor of Anambra State. We must recall that Aguleri is the second town missionaries came, lived and established after Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by mentorken05(m): 10:42am On Dec 09, 2015
I think the govt should look into the issue of waste disposal...anambra to me is the most developed state in the east but at the same time one of the dirtiest state(after abia state).i go through some axis in the state and I begin to wonder what the commissioner for environment and the director of ASWAMA is doing.
Actually I think it gives a wrong impression especially to tourists or our people arriving from diaspora

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 11:40am On Dec 09, 2015
mentorken05:
I think the govt should look into the issue of waste disposal...anambra to me is the most developed state in the east but at the same time one of the dirtiest state(after abia state).i go through some axis in the state and I begin to wonder what the commissioner for environment and the director of ASWAMA is doing.
Actually I think it gives a wrong impression especially to tourists or our people arriving from diaspora

I don't know when last you visited but road sweeper and gardeners had been deployed to our roads/streets. Anambra is presently one of the cleanest states in Nigeria. ASWAMA has upped their game.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 12:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
Is anyone in the know about the cost of medicare in this world-class hospital?

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by drakura: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2015
I passed onitsha the other day and I noticed that premier brewery was rebuilt, is it that they want to start work again?
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 3:21pm On Dec 09, 2015
drakura:
I passed onitsha the other day and I noticed that premier brewery was rebuilt, is it that they want to start work again?
Premier Brewery Onitsha To Start Production In 2015 – Chairman

The Chairman, Board of Directors, Premier Breweries Plc, Onitsha, Prince Arthur Eze said on Tuesday that the company would commence full stream production of beer in the first quarter of 2015.

Eze said this while addressing shareholders of the company during the 2014 annual general meeting of the company for the year ended March, 2014, held in Enugu.

He noted that with the assurances of the company’s technical partners and the level of re-engineering so far achieved, the company would resume its leading role in the beer production industry in the country.

“New boilers have been installed and tested while the old ones are being repaired to serve as standby facility. A new Ammonia cooling system has been installed along with new compressor.

“A new glycol cooling system has been installed with stainless pipes while the room cooling system that is now in place is changed from ammonia to Freon to minimise hazardous leaks in the factory,’’ he said.

The chairman said that electricity supply had been stabilised with the installation of a 500KVA generator while water supply was already in place from which the company produces the table water that was already in the market.

Eze explained that with about N1 billion share capital, the company settled a monthly electricity bill of N1 million and a salary bill of N3.4 million.

He assured the shareholders of better days ahead and commended them for their patience and understanding during the turbulence the company experienced.

Some of the shareholders commended the board members for their efforts to revamp the company. (NAN)

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.