Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,741 members, 7,824,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. - Politics (498) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. (1229106 Views)

Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? / Anambra State Light Of The Nation. Economic And Political Powerhouse Of Naija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (524) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 11:57pm On Dec 07, 2015
Deltagiant:

I believe you meant Kigali, the capital of Rwanda. Anyways, one interesting thing about Rwanda is the red soil it shares with most parts of the South East of Nigeria. More greenery might be one of the ways to lessen the impact of red soil in the environment. Kigali is apparently doing just fine.
Yes I mean Kigali their Capital!.We need to start to form the habit of tree planting not just for nice or for good looking Cities, but for our general well being!....... A lot of our children are starting to develop breathing difficulties because of the level of environmental pollution in our major Cities!.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by cjrane: 12:04am On Dec 08, 2015
investnow2013:
I Believe That Anambra State Commissioner of Environment is reading & looking at these pictures below vvvvvv

I hope the commissioner is listening.
We need to plant more trees and flowers to improve aesthetics, air quality, and control erosion. Because government never plants trees and flowers, many of our people have become totally oblivious of that. You will see well constructed houses lacking the serene environment which flowers and trees bequeath .
When our people go abroad, their first awe is how oyibo has planted flowers, trees and grasses everywhere. Making their environment conducive and dust free.

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:10am On Dec 08, 2015
THE NEW FACE OF NNEWI. Nnewi city, one of the commercial hub of Anambra State has every reason to proudly say thank you to HE Governor Wille Obiano for giving her a new face. Among other things, We thank you for the speedy Road project at Enem /Awka Etiti /Azigbo Road which is being handled by Benejaf Int. Construction Company. As you are putting smile on the face of Ndi Nnewi, may God continue to strengthen and improve you for the benefit of Anambrarians. 'Ndi Nnewi kwu gi n'azu, jisie ike! '

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 1:12am On Dec 08, 2015
M

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Cjrane2: 1:29am On Dec 08, 2015
investnow2013:
THE NEW FACE OF NNEWI. Nnewi city, one of the commercial hub of Anambra State has every reason to proudly say thank you to HE Governor Wille Obiano for giving her a new face. Among other things, We thank you for the speedy Road project at Enem /Awka Etiti /Azigbo Road which is being handled by Benejaf Int. Construction Company. As you are putting smile on the face of Ndi Nnewi, may God continue to strengthen and improve you for the benefit of Anambrarians. 'Ndi Nnewi kwu gi n'azu, jisie ike! '

I desperately wish these local companies will do the right thing and do a quality job, so that they can continue to get contracts to do medium cadre jobs. I cringe each time even tarring of streets are given to foreign companies because our so called indigenous companies are so unserious and untrustworthy to accomplish even the smallest job.

These indigenous companies should try and perform so that we can offer them more jobs and therefore create jobs locally by engaging our youths.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 2:09am On Dec 08, 2015
Cjrane2:

I desperately wish these local companies will do the right thing and do a quality job, so that they can continue to get contracts to do medium cadre jobs. I cringe each time even tarring of streets are given to foreign companies because our so called indigenous companies are so unserious and untrustworthy to accomplish even the smallest job.

These indigenous companies should try and perform so that we can offer them more jobs and therefore create jobs locally by engaging our youths.
This company is very good!.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 7:03am On Dec 08, 2015
Ekwunife lost her case at the appeal like I predicted. Andy Uba won and I believe Stella Oduah will win too. I see Victor Umeh winning the rerun. I like Ekwunife, atleast until she started romancing with obi, a political leper cool
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:06am On Dec 08, 2015
I don't know why I don't like that mannish woman called Ekwunife? Ume is not an option, I would have loved to see Ngige there but he is in APC. ANDY Uba is a solid articulated guy but I would like him to remain at the federal politics. Stella is not bad but let her also remain at the federal arena.

We do not need career politicians at the state level but technocrats.

AtlanticBreeze:
Ekwunife lost her case at the appeal like I predicted. Andy Uba won and I believe Stella Oduah will win too. I see Victor Umeh winning the rerun. I like Ekwunife, atleast until he started romancing with obi, political leper cool

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 7:18am On Dec 08, 2015
SpaceTour:
I don't know why I don't like that mannish woman called Ekwunife? Ume is not an option, I would have loved to see Ngige there but he is in APC. ANDY Uba is a solid articulated guy but I would like him to remain at the federal politics.

I think Ngige will not risk contesting so it's between APGA and PDP and Victor Umeh has a lot of factors working for him. I don't think Ekwunife will win the rerun like she did during her time at house of reps. Yes, although he is not doing anything for us sha but Andy holding that seat is strategic.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by funkybully(f): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2015
Anambra obodo oyibo.. can't wait to see arroma fly over and upper iweka Christmas decorated pictures at night.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Yea you got the point. We need solid composed characters like Andy at the federal politics. He has a very deep pocket and huge financial war chest in case Aso Rock race swings in 2019 we have someone strategically located that can easily be positioned. With his immense contacts around the country and relationship with the ex president Obasanjo anything is possible when the time comes.

Ekwunife is a gunner in the next re-run but unfortunately I do not like Ume to be there. He is more or less a local champion.

AtlanticBreeze:

I think Ngige will not risk contesting so it's between APGA and PDP and Victor Umeh has a lot of factors working for him. I don't think Ekwunife will win the rerun like she did during her time at house of reps. Yes, although he is not doing anything for us sha but Andy holding that seat is strategic.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:37am On Dec 08, 2015
SpaceTour:
Yea you got the point. We need solid composed characters like Andy at the federal politics. He has a very deep pocket and huge financial war chest in case Aso Rock race swings in 2019 we have someone strategically located that can easily be positioned. With his immense contacts around the country and relationship with Obj anything is possible when the time comes.

Ekwunife is a gunner in the next re-run but unfortunately I do not like Ume to be there. He is more or less a local champion.

Umeh cannot and will not defeat Ekwunife, he is no threat.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:41am On Dec 08, 2015
I just wish he cannot beat her but this is an APGA state we are talking about here. APGA holds the ace here. There is no more PDP at the center to influence things. Buhari has nothing to lose by making sure the election is free and fair in Anambra Central because APC is not contesting. Ume APGA has greater chances than Ekwunife's PDP presently in Anambra. I am on ground I know this.

sunnyb0b0:

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2015
SpaceTour:
I just wish he cannot beat her but this is an APGA state we are talking about here. APGA holds the ace here. There is no more PDP at the center to influence things. Buhari has nothing to lose by making sure the election was free and fair in Anambra Central because APC is not contesting. Ume APGA has greater chances than Ekwunife's PDP presently in Anambra. I am on ground I know this.

I seriously doubt that coupled with the fact that Willie's popularity is seriously waning especially in that senatorial zone.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 7:55am On Dec 08, 2015
Waning? Guy I live in the heart of Anambra. Obiano's popularity is on a steady rise all around the state. If there is an election today Obiano will win 97% of the casted votes. The guy is a giant.

sunnyb0b0:

I seriously doubt that coupled with the fact that Willie's popularity is seriously waning especially in that senatorial zone.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 8:08am On Dec 08, 2015
SpaceTour:
Waning? Guy I live in the heart of Anambra. Obiano's popularity is on a steady rise all around the state. If there is an election today Obiano will win 97% of the casted votes. The guy is a giant.

You get time to argue with this people.. Ekwunife won because of PDP Federal might and that is no more. Besides obiano has been campaigning with APGA for some months now. Even Ekwunife knows she has lost this election unless a miracle happens which is getting Ngige's support but that is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:31am On Dec 08, 2015
investnow2013:
This company is very good!.

As in very very good.
What they did in agulu is magnificent.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 8:34am On Dec 08, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

No dey talk rubbish... Who send PDP for here??
Dey your lane oo...
You like as woman dey represent you in the midst of scarce abi
Dey there make pant they wear you...
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by sunnyb0b0(m): 8:37am On Dec 08, 2015
SpaceTour:

I do not have anything against Obiano but I'm talking about reality on ground. I do not live in Anambra but was home for 2 weeks and within those 2 weeks, I moved around, interacted with people and sought opinions.

Many people see him as nepotic, they say he is concentrating projects in his zone, some say he is a drunkard (these may not be true but public opinion matters).

While home, I picked a plot of land at the GRA and a few plots in Isuaniocha.
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by SpaceTour: 8:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Nwanne had it been you met me you would have heard a different story LOL

However everyone cannot all sing your praise no matter how good you are. Obiano is a clear example.

Investing in real estate is a lifetime investment and the only way to maintain hedge against inflation. Keep it up..

sunnyb0b0:

I do not have anything against Obiano but I'm talking about reality on ground. I do not live in Anambra but was home for 2 weeks and within those 2 weeks, I moved around, interacted with people and sought opinions.

Many people see him as nepotic, they say he is concentrating projects in his zone, some say he is a drunkard (these may not be true but public opinion matters).

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AtlanticBreeze: 8:46am On Dec 08, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Everybody knows you are a peter obi sycophant so continue deceiving yourself. Perhaps you discussed with your fellow obi agents.. lol
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by tonychristopher: 8:52am On Dec 08, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Of Jesus couldn't please just 12 apostles ..some denied him, some sold him, some doubted him, some abscounded and left him

How can Willie a mere mortal please millions

Oga Willie is on point ..take this from me

4 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 9:06am On Dec 08, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Mr man dont buy all the lands in the state o.

i need to buy another land before next year runs out. grin
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Bishop42: 9:32am On Dec 08, 2015
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 9:48am On Dec 08, 2015
VickJames:

Mr man dont buy all the lands in the state o.

i need to buy another land before next year runs out. grin
You need to invest in Lands arround Oba near the Stream & not far from Oba International Market!. It goes for 700 to 1 Million a plot!. You can as well buy in Nkwelle in arround Catholic Charismatic's Glorious Estate!. Anambra is a huge market now! (Pix)Merchants of Life School Oba

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 10:03am On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=investnow2013 post=40799141]You need to invest in Lands arround Oba near the Stream & not far from Oba International Market!. It goes for 700 to 1 Million a plot!. You can as well buy in Nkwelle in arround Catholic Charismatic Estate!. Anambra is a huge market now! (Pix)Merchants of Life School Oba[/quot

Nwanna, dont say. are you serious or you are pulling my legs.

please I will need to buy land where developmental strides are coming into. I am planning a full-time return back home and do business there.

still saving up some funds tho.

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by investnow2013: 10:57am On Dec 08, 2015
[quote author=VickJames post=40799537][/quote]Yea!..... You also have plenty in Umunya!. It is like 'hot Potatoes' now in Anambra State concerning Land acquisition & Estate development!. (Pix) A House in Awkuzu

2 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by VickJames(m): 11:15am On Dec 08, 2015
investnow2013:
Yea!..... You also have plenty in Umunya!. It is like 'hot Potatoes' now in Anambra State concerning Land acquisition & Estate development!. (Pix) A House in Awkusu!

Good one, I was thinking of places close to the capital and let me be close to the commercial hub.

when the time comes, we will discuss better

1 Like

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by AnamCity: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2015
*Sets Lagos-Ibadan expressway,
*Second Niger bridge as top priority

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has officially unveiled his short term plans to address housing deficits, provide good roads and urgently increase power generation in the country with extra 2, 000 megawatts.
Fashola said, during his maiden press briefing in Abuja that the Lagos-Ibadan expressway which has been under construction and the second Niger Bridge are of great importance to the current administration, thus would get urgent attention.

He said year 2002 was the last time the sum of N200 billion was budgeted for road constructions in the country.

The Minister further disclosed that work would soon commence on all roads that link the 36 States of the federation, adding that major roads which had been suspended due to paucity of funds and are vital to boost social economic activities in the country would be quickly revisited.

It was Fashola’s maiden briefing since his resumption to office.

He spoke on plans to partner with the private sector and fully privatise the power sector in order for the country to witness genuine development like the telecommunication.

Part of his plans is also to immediately restore the jobs of construction workers who were laid off by local and international construction companies in the country.

His words: “The records that have been made available from previous budgets show that the last time Nigeria budgeted over N200 Billion in a year’s budget for roads was in 2002. It seems that as our income from oil prices increased over the last decade, our spending on roads decreased.

“As far as status reports go, the federal government budgeted N18.132Billion in 2015 and the Ministry of Works got N13Billion for all roads and highways in 2015, although it has contracts for 206 roads, covering over 6,000km with contract price of over N2 Trillion.”

‎However, Fashola stated that government’s ability to achieve connectivity of Inter-state roads would largely depend on capital spending in the 2016 budget.

He said it became imperative to pay contractors and get them back to work as soon as possible.

“Our short term strategy will be to start with roads that have made some progress and can be quickly completed to facilitate connectivity. We will prioritize within this strategy by choosing first the roads that connect states together and from that grouping start with those that bear the heaviest traffic.

“As at May 2015, many contractors have stopped work because of payment, and many fathers and wives employed by them have been laid off as a result.

“Some of the numbers from only four companies that were sampled, suggest that at least 5,150 workers have been laid as at March 11, 2015; and if we realize that there are at least 200 contracts pending, on the basis of 1(one) company per contract,” he said.

Analysing the unfortunate situation, Fashola explained that, “If each contractor has only 100 employees at each of the 200 contract sites, it means at least that 20,000 people who lost their jobs can return to work if the right budget is put in place and funded for contractors to get paid.

“The possibility to return those who have just lost their jobs back to work is the kind of change that we expect to see by this short term strategy.”

“In order to make the roads safer, we intend to re-claim the full width and set back of all Federal roads, representing 16% and about 36,000km of Nigeria’s road network by immediately now asking all those who are infringing on our highways, whether by parking, trading, or Attention of any inappropriate structure to immediately remove, relocate or dismantle such things voluntarily. This will be the biggest contribution that citizens can offer our country as proof that we all want things to change for the better,” Fashola added.

Source:http://thenationonlineng.net/fashola-unveils-agenda-for-roads-power-and-housing/

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by acecarter(m): 4:37pm On Dec 08, 2015
I am from Anambra, but I don't know whether to love or hate her, in fact I smell the latter being more true.. Who would believe that as an indigene of Anambra & also after passing & both my post UTME & jamb, unizik refused to offer me admission... Even if it's not on merit list, but on supplementary.. I mean who does this... I am in so much pain right now

I still believe God can do it **sobs**
Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 08, 2015
acecarter:
I am from Anambra, but I don't know whether to love or hate her, in fact I smell the latter being more true.. Who would believe that as an indigene of Anambra & also after passing & both my post UTME & jamb, unizik refused to offer me admission... Even if it's not on merit list, but on supplementary.. I mean who does this... I am in so much pain right now

I still believe God can do it **sobs**

So sorry for your predicament but still should not be the reason to use that word hate for motherland. Am sure thing like that could not have happened in a State University. Sincerely hope things work out for you ok

3 Likes

Re: Anambra light of the nation, eastern economy power house. by Mopolchi: 7:29pm On Dec 08, 2015
Andy Uba is a waste of space and there's nothing strategic in him retaining that seat. Ekwunife should quit politics for any action of hers during Mbadinuju's time. The seat should be given to either Umeh or Ngige. I will like Ngige. He is tried and tested. He is the best man for the job. Onwa I ga-enwu anyu anyu!

(1) (2) (3) ... (495) (496) (497) (498) (499) (500) (501) ... (524) (Reply)

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. / Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.