Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group (6686 Views)

Romance Section Battles 1. / Nairaland Romance Section Saved My Marriage - Thank You All / Romance Section: Interesting Threads Library! ! ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: there's nothing you can do about some issue of rap than to pray and dress decently not to be a victim of rape.
In as much as I agree with the bolded I also want to say that not all rape cases is as a result of indecent dressing, that I know.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by jnrbayano(m): 9:25am On Oct 03, 2014
doublegift:
Nope. Actually the more I talk about them the more I feel relieved.

Surprised!

But won't disbelieve you.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by doublegift: 9:26am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: am not your type......what a bad attitude..
Yeah I know your type. You will soon rape a goat because you think or feel it didn't have a dress on.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: there's nothing you can do about some issue of rap than to pray and[b] dress decently not to be a victim of rape.[/b]

I used to think so too but i found out its not true. First you just answer this question, Do you ra'pe every lady who dresses indecently?

Research has overtime proved the theory that indecent dressing is the not the leading cause of ra'pe.

The majority of the sexual attacks (55-61%) committed by these men were premeditated across their first, middle, and last rapes, while fewer rapists reported their crimes as being impulsive (15-22%) or opportunistic (22-24%). Impulsive ra'pe stems from indecent dressing which from this research pulls a meager 15-22%.
http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0126.htm
More
To make clear, sexual assault is never the victim’s fault. Someone has to act to commit rape. No one forces that choice. If seeing an enticing woman led men to conclude, “I’ve got to rape her,” all men would be rapists. Yet few are.

And plenty of assaulted women are not dressed sexily, including women draped in head-to-toe burqas. Interestingly, veiled women are blamed, too: “He must have seen a bit of her ankle, wrist, hair, neck… Who could resist!?”

Strippers are the most sexually “provocative” of all, yet patrons manage to contain themselves. Yes, bouncers provide security, but they aren’t stationed with blinders blocking their sight. And who’s watching them? Male customers aren’t physically restrained. The men are actually controlling themselves.

Sociologists who have interviewed rapists, read their accounts and looked at the circumstances of their crimes have learned that they have a variety of motives. Here are a few:

Some rape to feel powerful, others gang rape to demonstrate their “manhood” (defined as powerful, dominant, violent, virile, and not gay) to each other and fraternally bond, some become aroused by sadistically bringing sex and violence together, others seek to harm an entire race, community or nation by using sexual assault as a political weapon, still others seek revenge against someone other than the rape victim. And some misread cues.

http://broadblogs.com/2011/09/26/does-provocative-dress-ever-cause-rape/
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2014
teeo:

I used to think so too but i found out its not true. First you just answer this question, Do you ra'pe every lady who dresses indecently?

Research has overtime proved the theory that indecent dressing is the not the leading cause of ra'pe.

The majority of the sexual attacks (55-61%) committed by these men were premeditated across their first, middle, and last rapes, while fewer rapists reported their crimes as being impulsive (15-22%) or opportunistic (22-24%). Impulsive ra'pe stems from indecent dressing which from this research pulls a meager 15-22%.
http://www.holysmoke.org/fem/fem0126.htm
More
To make clear, sexual assault is never the victim’s fault. Someone has to act to commit rape. No one forces that choice. If seeing an enticing woman led men to conclude, “I’ve got to rape her,” all men would be rapists. Yet few are.

And plenty of assaulted women are not dressed sexily, including women draped in head-to-toe burqas. Interestingly, veiled women are blamed, too: “He must have seen a bit of her ankle, wrist, hair, neck… Who could resist!?”

Strippers are the most sexually “provocative” of all, yet patrons manage to contain themselves. Yes, bouncers provide security, but they aren’t stationed with blinders blocking their sight. And who’s watching them? Male customers aren’t physically restrained. The men are actually controlling themselves.

Sociologists who have interviewed rapists, read their accounts and looked at the circumstances of their crimes have learned that they have a variety of motives. Here are a few:

Some rape to feel powerful, others gang rape to demonstrate their “manhood” (defined as powerful, dominant, violent, virile, and not gay) to each other and fraternally bond, some become aroused by sadistically bringing sex and violence together, others seek to harm an entire race, community or nation by using sexual assault as a political weapon, still others seek revenge against someone other than the rape victim. And some misread cues.

http://broadblogs.com/2011/09/26/does-provocative-dress-ever-cause-rape/
Interesting.

I wonder why they blaming the victims sha. undecided
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: there's nothing you can do about some issue of rap than to pray and dress decently not to be a victim of rape.

Kindly leave d dressing out of it sir, u as a man how many indecently dressed women have u seen all ur life probably millions. How many have u raped out of d millions, can't answer dat for u with dis ur comments who knows
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Luckygurl(f): 9:34am On Oct 03, 2014
Rape!! People can be outrightly dangerous.
Reminds me of a so called male friend I had before. It was just an innocent visit that turned into something else. I guess he was having some crazy thoughts in his head all along whilst pretending as a friend. I put up resistance and he had to back off, Na so I carry my bag dey run like Usain Bolt.
Too bad my first kiss didn't turn out the way I wanted it cry, although I got out unscathed..
Some many others do not get out of it unhurt. It's such a pity!!
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 03, 2014
Be Careful ooooo Rozzay...this guy go tear your pant ooooo...with the way him dey talk.. grin grin ;DHope say you nor dey wear g-string?
rozzay:

Kindly leave d dressing out of it sir, u as a man how many indecently dressed women have u seen all ur life probably millions. How many have u raped out of d millions, can't answer dat for who, with dis ur comments who knows
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Kunleskey(m): 9:38am On Oct 03, 2014
doublegift:
Yeah I know your type. You will soon rape a goat because you think or feel it didn't have a dress on.
now i kn the reason why ure behaving dis way....it seems u've experience a lot.....what have said b4 is nt bad..but just a suggestion wat eva ure thinking abt me dat is bad will nt manifest in Jesus name..
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 03, 2014
MzMariah: Interesting.

I wonder why they blaming the victims sha. undecided

No victim should be blamed, when someone tries to blame a lady who has just been Rαped the lady should try to shut him or her up or stop listening to that person. Continues feeling of guilt is been generated and tend to develop into suicidal tendencies, she begins to have a feeling of worthlessness and may resort to bodily harm.

Rαpe victims on what condition should not be judged, the trauma alone is difficult to bear..
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl: Rape!! People can be outrightly dangerous.
Reminds me of a so called male friend I had before. It was just an innocent visit that turned into something else. I guess he was having some crazy thoughts in his head all along whilst pretending as a friend. I put up resistance and he had to back off, Na so I carry my bag dey run like Usain Bolt
Too bad my first kiss didn't turn out the way I wanted it cry, although I got out unscathed..
Lmao.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Dawezz: Be Careful ooooo Rozzay...this guy go tear your pant ooooo...with the way him dey talk.. grin grin ;DHope say you nor dey wear g-string?
Lol naughty boy, u know dis kind f issues we nid to be sensitive abt d kinds of comments we render else d victim starts thinking u r blaming her fo wat happened to her cos dats wat his statement did

1 Like

Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl: Rape!! People can be outrightly dangerous.
Reminds me of a so called male friend I had before. It was just an innocent visit that turned into something else. I guess he was having some crazy thoughts in his head all along whilst pretending as a friend. I put up resistance and he had to back off, Na so I carry my bag dey run like Usain Bolt.

Luckygurl dearest, the problem with issues like this is not defining what you want from a guy. The way the mind of a guy thinks is different from that of a lady, i trust most ladies to be intelligent enough to be able to discern good guys from bad guys (to a large extent) from conversations. When you have a friend you intend to visit, please make sure you drop hints about the lengths you can go. You should make him understand whether you want sex or not, most ladies in the need to fulfil some desires might lead a guy on.

If you had told him prior to visiting him that you wont have sex with him, i believe you might have known what he wants and how much he wants it.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by doublegift: 9:45am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: now i kn the reason why ure behaving dis way....it seems u've experience a lot.....what have said b4 is nt bad..but just a suggestion wat eva ure thinking abt me dat is bad will nt manifest in Jesus name..
Hehehe
I am sorry.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Luckygurl(f): 9:49am On Oct 03, 2014
MzMariah: Lmao.
You can imagine...
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 03, 2014
grin grin
rozzay:
Lol naughty boy, u know dis kind f issues we nid to be sensitive abt d kinds of comments we render else d victim starts thinking u r blaming her fo wat happened to her cos dats wat his statement did
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Luckygurl(f): 9:51am On Oct 03, 2014
teeo:

Luckygurl dearest, the problem with issues like this is not defining what you want from a guy. The way the mind of a guy thinks is different from that of a lady, i trust most ladies to be intelligent enough to be able to discern good guys from bad guys (to a large extent) from conversations. When you have a friend you intend to visit, please make sure you drop hints about the lengths you can go. You should make him understand whether you want sex or not, most ladies in the need to fulfil some desires might lead a guy on.

If you had told him prior to visiting him that you wont have sex with him, i believe you might have known what he wants and how much he wants it.

I should have known better..
I think I'm wiser now in that aspect..
Nice concept U've got here too.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 03, 2014
teeo:

No victim should be blamed, when someone tries to blame a lady who has just been Rαped the lady should try to shut him or her up or stop listening to that person. Continues feeling of guilt is been generated and tend to develop into suicidal tendencies, she begins to have a feeling of worthlessness and may resort to bodily harm.

Rαpe victims on what condition should not be judged, the trauma alone is difficult to bear..
The trauma is killing. Do you know how it feels like to have gone through rape? Its worst than killing a person with a gun. Its like the world has come to an end when you think of how it all happened, pictures flashing through your head and it will be like oh let the ground open and swallow you, do you know how it feels to remember how you suffered during after the rape and still suffering till today because to you it will always seem like it happened yesterday? People go mad, people even die because of the after effect of molest and somebody will come blaming the victim? Mtchew, there is God o for those who lost their conscience long ago.

I pity rape victims sha. The after effect of rape can kill if one is not strong enough to hold it.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl:
You can imagine...
My dear I can imagine o. grin
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Kunleskey(m): 9:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Chai some pple they vex o am sorry if i av offend you with any of my word....,ok what are the possible solution to the problem @op
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by woky: 9:58am On Oct 03, 2014
teeo:

Not for guys that think with their peni.s
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Luckygurl(f): 9:58am On Oct 03, 2014
Please no one should lay the blame on the victim, the trauma is more than enough already.
Imagine having someone hurt you and you can't do anything to help yourself.. You just lie there without any help forthcoming whilst the deed is done..
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl: Please no one should lay the blame on the victim, the trauma is more than enough already.
Imagine having someone hurt you and you can't do anything to help yourself.. You just lie there without any help forthcoming whilst the deed is done..
That one no be if na one person molest the babe? undecided imagine say them pass one some people go still dey blame the victims. Some people sha. undecided
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl: Please no one should lay the blame on the victim, the trauma is more than enough already.
And mostly dey don't wear condoms den d victims get pregnant or gets a disease nd dey go thru d trauma of abortion of having a rap ist child. Abeg make I comot for dis thread b4 I vex for rap ists mata
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Kunleskey(m): 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
MzMariah: The trauma is killing. Do you know how it feels like to have gone through rape? Its worst than killing a person with a gun. Its like the world has come to an end when you think of how it all happened, pictures flashing through your head and it will be like oh let the ground open and swallow you, do you know how it feels to remember how you suffered during after the rape and still suffering till today because to you it will always seem like it happened yesterday? People go mad, people even die because of the after effect of molest and somebody will come blaming the victim? Mtchew, there is God o for those who lost their conscience long ago.

I pity rape victims sha. The after effect of rape can kill if one is not strong enough to hold it.
it's an unforgetable and unforgivable tragedy may God help us not to be a victim of molest...
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 03, 2014
Kunleskey: it's an unforgetable and unforgivable tragedy may God help us not to be a victim of molest...
Amen.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Luckygurl(f): 10:10am On Oct 03, 2014
MzMariah: That one no be if na one person molest the babe? undecided imagine say them pass one some people go still dey blame the victims. Some people sha. undecided
I do wonder atimes the possibility of a single person raping another. Is it that the victim doesn't put up resistance or what.
Take for instance a situation where the lady is the victim. A single karate or blow to the dic.k would send the raper sprawling on the floor whilst the victim seeks a way out. Abi it's not as easy as it sounds
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 03, 2014
rozzay:
And mostly dey don't wear condoms den d victims get pregnant or gets a disease nd dey go thru d trauma of abortion of having a rap ist child. Abeg make I comot for dis thread b4 I vex for rap ists mata
Rozzay you just touched that tail. embarassed you see why I fear this kind of threads? embarassed....God will punish them molesters, for every life they I've destroyed with their useless act of rape.....abeg make I follow you comot before I spoil my weekend thinking about nonsense. undecided
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:14am On Oct 03, 2014
What is the purpose of this thread?
Will supporting ra'pe victims online prevent others from being rap.ed?
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 03, 2014
Luckygurl:
I do wonder atimes the possibility of a single person raping another. Is it that the victim doesn't put up resistance or what.
Take for instance a situation where the lady is the victim. A single karate or blow to the dic.k would send the raper sprawling on the floor whilst the victim seeks a way out. Abi it's not as easy as it sounds
Its not as easy as it sound o, you know guys are stronger than ladies, a lady can put up a fight but for how long can you hold on to the fight? If for instance a lady is the victim and the molester beats the lady till she becomes strength less then have his way nko?

My sister I don't know what to think again, this thread is about to spoil my weekend so its better I unfollow.
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 03, 2014
MzMariah: Rozzay you just touched that tail. embarassed you see why I fear this kind of threads? embarassed....God will punish them molesters, for every life they I've destroyed with their useless act of rape.....abeg make I follow you comot before I spoil my weekend thinking about nonsense. undecided

My sis no be small thin o, I just rem a movie I watched ystaday b4 I made d comment were she was raped nd had d baby den she made his life a living hell, d poor boy died later on as a result of his mum s maltreatment cos she said he reminded her f d rap e
Re: Romance Section Rαpe Victims Support Group by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 03, 2014
Sad story...

Nigerian husband of six ‘rap.ed to death’ by wives demanding his attention

A well known man married to six women in a small Nigerian town has allegedly been “raped to death” by his wives.

Uroko Onoja, a businessman living in Ogbadibo, returned from a local bar at 3 a.m. and headed to his youngest wife’s room. At that time, the other wives - who are said to have planned their attack while Onoja was away - entered the young woman’s room “with knives and sticks, demanding that their husband have sex with all of them at once,” Nigeria’s Daily Post reports.

Onoja allegedly stopped breathing when the fifth wife was en route to his bed.

Okpe Odoh, the village head, confirmed the incident had been reported to police, according to the Post. He told the paper that police are currently conducting an investigation to locate the wives, who allegedly ran into the forest after Onoja’s death.

The man’s body has been placed in a nearby mortuary, according to the paper.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/nigerian-husband-raped-death-wives-demanding-attention-article-1.1121792

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What's Your Biggest Highschool Regret? / Should I Bleep Her? / How Relatives Sees Ladies Above 25yrs That Have Not Married!(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.