Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,987 members, 7,835,306 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65446 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Pauljonnes(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2014
YOU CAN NOT. THE BIBLE WARNING ABOUT IT. Hebrews 13:9-10 KJV
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Eating Ileya meat is not profitable to the christian. it rather help us portray our self as an Esau. Don't forget they are our brother chased away. if u eat with them ,you became like them, a slave. Eating with them is spiritual don't sell yourself cheaply with a piece or bulk of meat . I do eat it before when I was in school but I am informed I can never make the mistake.
[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:40am On Oct 05, 2014
Pauljonnes:
YOU CAN NOT. THE BIBLE WARNING ABOUT IT. Hebrews 13:9-10 KJV
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. Eating Ileya meat is not profitable to the christian. it rather help us portray our self as an Esau. Don't forget they are our brother chased away. if u eat with them ,you became like them, a slave. Eating with them is spiritual don't sell yourself cheaply with a piece or bulk of meat . I do eat it before when I was in school but I am informed I can never make the mistake.
1st Corinthians 8 vs 1-13 says you can eat it, though not advisable.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 11:46am On Oct 05, 2014
If a god doesn't a sacrifice...
Who will?!

Pls, I'm not taking any further questions, I'm busy.

Where is my toothpicks.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:53am On Oct 05, 2014
pendy79:
Al-hamdullilah I've seen the light of Al-Islam and will never depart from it. So many ignorant folks calling themselves christians here. We should be forgiving and enlighten as I was fooled for years too.

Their god who send down RUMOUR is the only true god. If their god in his absoluteness could send down RUMOUR from heaven then why do you think their godlike pastors can't teach them more rumour. (Obadiah 1.1 and Jeremiah 49.14) arguing with some of them is like pouring water in basket and expecting it to be full.

Did Jesus (prophet Isah) preach or proclaim any religion or new way of life when alive or didn't he say he came to only fulfil the scriptures.

Abraham had a first child from his wife's maid Hagar called Ishmael and he was asked to sacrifice "his only begotten child" (Heb. 11.17, Gen. 22.2) if isaac were born then won't the bible say his legitimate son. The test on Abraham was done long before Isaac was born and is even well stated that he was asked to sacrificed his only son not sarah's only son. Ishmael was 14years older than Isaac. Yet some dull ignorant bigots who are spoonfed lies and fables swallow hook and sinker. I guess their god didn't know the meaning of the word "only begotten son" or he forgot Abraham has another child 14years older.

If Paul is the rallying point of early christians then all christians should be catholics since he was the first pope and he authored many books in the new testaments. Not even disciples of Jesus match the reverence Paul had.

One igronant stereotype bigot is comparing eid adha with christmas. Go read about what christmas is all about and even easter then you know your pastors and reverends have been making you worship roman gods since ages and ponder why jehovah witnesses don't celebrate both.

Islam is never about human beings writing their biography and autobiography it is the complete. Way of life God wants human to live. The ways of the Prophet is recorded separate from the quran so as not to mix up God divine Will from the way the Prophet a messenger, a creation like all prophets before him lived
Al-hamdullilah I'm a Muslim now
If any wont eat the sallah meat it is better to politely reject than go throw it away that itself is a sin. When I was younger we did so and it never affected the relationship with our neighbours. It is height of wickedness to go throw away something someone used his hardearned money to procure and present to you on a platform. Of good neighbourliness
"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 16 vs 25 .

Jesus wept cry . John 11 vs 35. How hast a single man decieve many?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:57am On Oct 05, 2014
Shyna112:

Our Ileyah meat does not have any incantation recited on it, it is just same as any normal meat you'll find at the market or else where
Ileya meat is for god of moon(ållah), his wife(sun) and his three daughters http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Islamic%20Muslim/allah_is_a_fraud.htm
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
The wicked, selfish and self-centred moderator is hiding the truth. Seun, why is it that your moderators are being sentimental with posts. None of my posts were abuse, all were on point and objective . I tripple-dog dare the moderator to tell me why I have no right to say Islam is fake and blood sucking. Who the hell is he angry . Nonsense!!!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by INJESUSNAME: 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:

Your ignorance no get part 2.

If you were told this, go slap whoever did. If you assumed it yourself, slap yourself.

Before any Muslim kills any meat, he/she says a little prayer. Sallah or no Sallah. Maybe you need to stop eating meat from the local abattoir then cos they are prayed on
Method of Sacrifice
The animal for slaughter should be laid on
its left side facing Kaabah and its throat
cut open with a sharp knife, and its blood
allowed to drain. In the case of a camel, it
should be allowed to remain standing
after its left fore leg has been stringed. A
sharp spear should then be thrust in its
bosom and on both sides of its neck, and
the blood allowed to drain.
Dua for Sacrifice
Bismillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar [Allaahumma
minka wa laka] Allaahumma taqabbal
minnee.
Translation: In the Name of Allah, Allah is
the Greatest! [Oh Allah, from You and to
You.] Oh Allah, accept it from me. [Muslim]
http://www.islamawareness.net/Eid/
azha.html#qur
wot s d meaning of this?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Begin your reading from 1st Corinthians Chapter 8 vs 3-13 . You can eat if you like, but you are adviced not to. If you've gotten it, kindly reply wink
u have successfully succeeded in misinterpreting the verses...it never said u should eat meat dedicated to god of the moon as earlier said by u....@just my opinion #
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by san316(m): 12:14pm On Oct 05, 2014
It is haraam to eat ileya meat. Thank God, i won't have to bother taking it to my colleagues at work. #ChopAlone
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by experimentist: 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
Na every year one mumu pesin go ask dis kain idiotic question post am and another mumumod go shift come fp.. Mumunis!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Datsme: 12:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?

With ds verses u v quoted, it wil b sincere of u if u can point out d idol dt ileya s associated with.
Pls answer wt facts

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Chubhie: 12:24pm On Oct 05, 2014
Tolexander:
monday/tuesday?
You aren't even sure!
Money don show now, you dey form boss cheesy
Don't worry, our own money will soon come! grin
No be so bro! Only Tryin to tidy up some moves so that I can afford all the time I want to discuss on a more deeper level with AZ. You know I always fear your prayers after you prayed that stuffs will be alright when things went south then. Remember? That job prayer? Coming to ife is more personal to me cos tis d traditional place it all began! There's no forming cos tis a privilege I make no light off. I'm always loyal bro.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Emmaomotob(m): 12:28pm On Oct 05, 2014
Dear Seun,
It is so sad that you allow moderators like maclatunji(or whatever his name is ) to exist on Nairaland. This sentimental moderator, that thinks he is doing the will of his god just banned one of my nairaland accounts.
Its so sad that when websites gain prominence, they begin to treat users with utter disdain. No one has the right to hide any post if the post has OBJECTIVE backing, just the way atheists attack God, because they can back their posts.
With due respect, considering the fact that you employed 'this' moderator, I hereby plead with you, as a law abiding Nairalander, that Misogynist2014, should be unblocked. I sincerely and eagerly wait for your much needed response. lipsrsealed
Yours Sincerely,
Emmaomotob.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 12:30pm On Oct 05, 2014
michaelwestern:
Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat. Some people will call it food offered to idols, but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat. So is it okay to eat ileya meat?
the Bible permit us to eat any kind of meat be it dog,cat,snake,cow,chicken e.t.c....but remember the "ileya meat " Is for a purpose....the purpose is what will make u eat it or not...
now my question is can a Christian eat dog meat sacrificed to ogun during ogun festival since the Bible permits us to eat any kind of meat....??....let's be careful in our ways as Christians and try to mitigate controversy on simple and straight forward issues....it's only an half baked Muslim that will eat your Christmas food or meat...I know about the religion very very well. ..@just my opinion #

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Datsme:

With ds verses u v quoted, it wil b sincere of u if u can point out d idol dt ileya s associated with.
Pls answer wt facts
I'm not saying ileya meat is sanctified to idol but the the precepts(the way the animal is killed,the process of killing it) and reasons for the celebration are baseless thereby making it look like an idol.... who are u honouring for killing ram or camel or goat cos God provided it for Abraham to replace his son...are u Abraham?... apart from that the mount u stand on in saudi to become a alhaji are alhaja is baseless......but everyone is entitled to his or her believe sha... no offence please... #just my opinion #

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 12:40pm On Oct 05, 2014
Emmaomotob:
Dear Seun,
It is so sad that you allow moderators like maclatunji(or whatever his name is ) to exist on Nairaland. This sentimental moderator, that thinks he is doing the will of his god just banned one of my nairaland accounts.
Its so sad that when websites gain prominence, they begin to treat users with utter disdain. No one has the right to hide any post if the post has OBJECTIVE backing, just the way atheists attack God, because they can back their posts.
With due respect, considering the fact that you employed 'this' moderator, I hereby plead with you, as a law abiding Nairalander, that Misogynist2014, should be unblocked. I sincerely and eagerly wait for your much needed response. lipsrsealed
Yours Sincerely,
Emmaomotob.
Thank you, Seun. Nigeria needs people like you. wink
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Emessy(m): 12:41pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

the Bible permit us to eat any kind of meat be it dog,cat,snake,cow,chicken e.t.c....but remember the "ileya meat " Is for a purpose....the purpose is what will make u eat it or not...
now my question is can a Christian eat dog meat sacrificed to ogun during ogun festival since the Bible permits us to eat any kind of meat....??....let's be careful in our ways as Christians and try to mitigate controversy on simple and straight forward issues....it's only an half baked Muslim that will eat your Christmas food or meat...I know about the religion very very well. ..@just my opinion #
Ypu know nothing about Islam woman , And christmas has nothing to do with Christ , so Get smarter
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by MsBella: 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
Later some people would be like - "alfa cut 1000 naira suya for me."

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ovacoma: 12:46pm On Oct 05, 2014
INJESUSNAME:
Method of Sacrifice
The animal for slaughter should be laid on
its left side facing Kaabah and its throat
cut open with a sharp knife, and its blood
allowed to drain. In the case of a camel, it
should be allowed to remain standing
after its left fore leg has been stringed. A
sharp spear should then be thrust in its
bosom and on both sides of its neck, and
the blood allowed to drain.
Dua for Sacrifice
Bismillaahi wallaahu ‘Akbar [Allaahumma
minka wa laka] Allaahumma taqabbal
minnee.
Translation: In the Name of Allah, Allah is
the Greatest! [Oh Allah, from You and to
You.] Oh Allah, accept it from me. [Muslim]
http://www.islamawareness.net/Eid/
azha.html#qur
wot s d meaning of this?
the animal faces the black stone in kaaba? Haba, and dey say it is not a sacrifice to ...., followed by 'allah accept it from me'? It is just d same thing idolaters of other idols say!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Oklander: 12:47pm On Oct 05, 2014
kamo2930yahoo:
But how do you want the muslims in this thread to feel with this your question? Huh? Am a Christian, but this question aint supposed to be asked here.
Thank you for asking... Actually, as little as the happenings "here"(in this website and this country as a whole) may seems, they are actually the kind of things that some used to justify their terrorism, Oppression. This is a classic example of oppression that Muslims do talk about, in this case a "mental oppression", how? Let me explain.

1. On a Muslims day of celebration, a thread that potentially ridicule Islamic believe is promoted to the front page.

2. A thread where your fellow Christian 'commentors' termed Islamic rights an act of Idolatry is left on the front page on the day of sallah celebration, same thread that is.

The oppression comes in because this would never happen were this to be the other way round. Seun and his Mods would most probably hardly move a topic asking of "Muslims" views on "Christians" acts during a celebration on the "Christians" day of the same celebration. XMass is coming and I do hope they would prove me wrong, of which I doubt. Except if its about terrorism, moving a topic concerning Muslim n Islam to the front page is hell, even Fridays while not less than 3-5 xtains topics makes FP every Sundays. Double standards against Islam n Muslims in diff ways.

You asked how we feel... Well, I believe generally, its very bad and it really hurts and quite annoying but...personally(me of present days), it doesn't hurt a little, infact I care less because I hv come across many brainless ignoramuses and I have met n read many peoples bigotry about my religion of which I am now used to but then, what about the millions out there who would be badly hurt with such? Simple...some of them are easily recruited to fight this menace in the name of the religion. Shalom...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by mikron(m): 12:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
If u ask me na who I go ask.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 12:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
Emessy:
Ypu know nothing about Islam woman , And christmas has nothing to do with Christ , so Get smarter
lolzz.... I can give u history about both the controversial Christmas and all the celebrations and rites in islam.... but no tym to do that... my advice to u is to know everything about something and something about everything... simple...#just my opinion #
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Datsme: 12:53pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

I'm not saying ileya meat is sanctified to idol but the the precepts(the way the animal is killed,the process of killing it) and reasons for the celebration are baseless thereby making it look like an idol.... who are u honouring for killing ram or camel or goat cos God provided it for Abraham to replace his son...are u Abraham?... apart from that the mount u stand on in saudi to become a alhaji are alhaja is baseless......but everyone is entitled to his or her believe sha... no offence please... #just my opinion #

Thank u for putting ds as opinion. Moreover, u cannot say the celebration is baseless cos it s an annual mandatory religious obligation for those who r capable.
#4UrInfo
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Emessy(m): 12:56pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

lolzz.... I can give u history about both the controversial Christmas and all the celebrations and rites in islam.... but no tym to do that... my advice to u is to know everything about something and something about everything... simple...#just my opinion #
Well I did expect you to run away , and My advice to you is when studying someone or something do it with an open heart not because you want to find faults in them , and if you really do know about Islam then deeply in you, you know that comparing the eid festival with ogun festival is not fair and for christmas is you still believe its a xtianic celebration ,then you should study your christianity before approaching Islam ,
BYE
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Mintayo(m): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
As long as it is blessed and sanctified with the blood of Jesus,nothing will happen!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by melotech(m): 12:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
best answer
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Mintayo(m): 1:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
xwolverine:

The problem is not the meat in itself, it's the ideology behind the whole exercise, which aims to desecrate the holy bible by giving legitimacy to an illegitimate event. The Bible instructed Abraham to sacrifice Isaac not Ishmael as the Muslims would have us believe, this singular context makes it wrong for a christian to eat Ileya meat, because by so doing you are unknowingly accepting the lie aimed at corrupting the lineage of Christ, which was through Isaac.

For those trying to blackmail Christians with Halal meat, by saying if you've eaten meat in the southwest, that you've eaten ileya meat. I will say this, they are two unrelated contexts, one is generic while the other is aimed at corrupting the origins of Christ, please do not be deceived and be ignorant.

This is the singular reason why all the Islamic expeditions of the Ottoman empire was aimed at identifying the burial grounds of all the prophets in the Bible, and once identified, mosques were built on them. The main reason is to give legitimacy to an illegitimate belief.

Shalom
Wow,this is eye-opening!
Plus most ppl here has not attended their yidi before,there is some sort of pronouncement they make while killing the ram,i doubt if ppl knw what it means!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 1:03pm On Oct 05, 2014
Emessy:
Well I did expect you to run away , and My advice to you is when studying someone or something do it with an open heart not because you want to find faults in them , and if you really do know about Islam then deeply in you, you know that comparing the eid festival with ogun festival is not fair and for christmas is you still believe its a xtianic celebration ,then you should study your christianity before approaching Islam ,
BYE
first... ogun.,Islam,Christianity are all religion so comparing them is no mistake
second....I said controversial Christmas...I know y I made that statement... simple..
third.... I study not to find faults but to gain knowledge... mind u the Christians have their own too
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 1:05pm On Oct 05, 2014
Datsme:

Thank u for putting ds as opinion. Moreover, u cannot say the celebration is baseless cos it s an annual mandatory religious obligation for those who r capable.
#4UrInfo
still baseless...
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Oklander: 1:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

To answer you: God told us to sacrifice. We honour God command to sacrifice, we celebrate
in commemoration of Ibraham's sacrifice. The animal is faced in one direction by all Muslims in the world, same direction Muslims face when they pray and God has told us that facing any direction at all doesn't signify righteousness, it is killed by saying in the name of God, what is idolatry all this? Your ignorance! No?

Pretty sure I have answered you, without listing out the idolatry acts of you xtians of which I have no interest, I believe you alrdy know them. And of course, "everyone to his believe", even the Quran says that.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by pendy79: 1:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
"There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death." Proverbs 16 vs 25 .

Jesus wept cry . John 11 vs 35. How hast a single man decieve many?

Don't quote me in your foolish mention if you're gonna make stupid statements. You still quoted the s ame

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

Free Shopping At Apostle Suleman's Church In Lagos, Omega Fire Ministry / Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.