Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,755 members, 7,813,503 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:04 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65245 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Gloria3389(f): 10:49am On Oct 05, 2014
McWhillion:
Shout out to all the blind Christians who are doling out their own self righteousness. You people take the mundane things of this world too seriously. I will have you all know that I am a Christian and I ate Ileya meat like say tomorrow no dey and it doesn't make me less of a Christian. I imagine the kind of misery and tortuous logic you guys rope yourselves into by lending false religious interpretations to everything.
My advice, go and discover God.
don't judge pple by your own personal decision...
I listen to Muslim program very well and I know a lot about the religion.... ileya meat is a sacrifice.... but if u eat it's not a sin for u...and if others don't eat it...it's never a sin for them....but mind u,if u. really know what u believe u won't bother to eat it not because it's a sin but cos of controversy.... At least what u eat does not last more than a day...#just my opinion #

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Danja: 10:51am On Oct 05, 2014
zizytd:
I am a christian. Bt I think most of Nigeria Christians practice religion instead of Christianity. They always act perfect, always behaving they r better than one person. Do u know if these so called Christians were born moslems, them go still carry Islam for head. Let me ask them which idol do they offer the ram to? Secondly what we offer to God during our Thanksgivings I.e goats cows, food items no be person they eat am? sometimes put religion aside and be realistic.

U re a true christian
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Pedroscope(m): 10:52am On Oct 05, 2014
Out of context.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Yerwa: 10:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Guys try to get your facts straight, I can see some people ascribing the eid to idol worship, very wrong.
The practice is symbolic of prophet Abraham when he dreamt that he was to sacrifice his son Ishmael and when he was going to do it God provided a ram, which he then sacrificed, that has been the practice since then.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by popobaba(m): 11:00am On Oct 05, 2014
Janetozi:
I will never eat any meat slaughtered upon the pronouncement of the name "Allah" or the name of any other gods or demon.

No way

Are you are vegetarian?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Tolexander: 11:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Chubhie:
@ Tolexander where's my meat?
e still dey with my uncle. Go and grab yours from AZ! gringrin
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2014
Hero10001:
"Rejoice with those who rejoice" Rom12;15

"When you drink poison, it won't hurt you" Mark 16:18

If you won't eat with enemies/sinners, how can you love em?! Will they ever loved you?! You dont spread hatred with your stupid ideology.

The Holy book said, Love, Pray and Bless your enemies. (the golden rule)

FYI, I'm a Yoruba, Christian and a bible scholar, i ate about 20pounds of meat yesterday, 25p more still abounds, i wont miss Ojude-Oba on monday in my home town too.
I love Muslims e.g Donroxy etc. My gf is a muslim though.

Tis crazy to see how some Christians behave, they'v go not attitude and taken the Bible outta context.
Ignorance has eaten deep in their brains!

"JESUS calls Levi and eat with the sinners" Mk 2, 13-17

"JESUS loves sinners, even the vilest of offenders" Luke 19;10, Rom 5;8.
Only from Hero !!!
Maximum Respect bro !!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by stephengee(m): 11:05am On Oct 05, 2014
stephengee:
hello even if its of 30000000 types. my point is we are Christians. Christian are followers of Christ. Jesus Christ. Do u read of jesus in the old testament. old testament is just a view of how things are before christ. If u are matured enough you should get my point.
moreover, I sense you are a Muslim, its good. its just the sallah thing am not with
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Chubhie: 11:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Tolexander:
e still dey with my uncle. Go and grab yours from AZ! gringrin
I go burst am on monday|tuesday. Lol @ uncle!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ericsdm55(m): 11:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Rom14:14,20- I know and am persuaded by the Lord Jesus, that there is nothing unclean of itsef: but to him that esteemeth anything to be unclean, to him it is unclean. For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence. With these scriptures, it is clear as to either eat such meat or not.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kennie17(m): 11:10am On Oct 05, 2014
In my own perspective the bible says we are the light of the world,be not equally yoke it unbelieve,we can't serve two master at a time,if you one to be an soldier of christ good,no lukewarmness is allowed,you can't seat on the fence,one has to choose who you are serving
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by prodiG(m): 11:12am On Oct 05, 2014
Its not wrong.Remember st peter's vision in cornelius(the roman centurion) house where God taught him that no meat is unclean
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by maclatunji: 11:14am On Oct 05, 2014
thewarrior72:
Christians is not even supposed to touch an ileya meat with ten feet pole. Very disgusting set of savages, thesame way the slutter humans is thesame way the slaughter ram....spits on Islam & muslims

By their English we shall know them.

What is the theological basis for eating or not eating Sallah ram is the question? Not your personal biases that you are so eager to display.

Would Jesus (AS) eat sallah ram?

Apparently, we need to help you identify the key questions that need answering here.

Let us see Christian theology work here. Not "personally", "I feel" or "I think" responses.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Gloria3389:

Sorry please.... give me the Bible verse that said so so I can read It
Begin your reading from 1st Corinthians Chapter 8 vs 3-13 . You can eat if you like, but you are adviced not to. If you've gotten it, kindly reply wink
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by chibwike(m): 11:15am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
Lol, mynd
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ovacoma: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
omoshelwa:

Believe it or not Mister, you are the stupid'est creature in the universe
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ovacoma: 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
omoshelwa:

Believe it or not Mister, you are the stupid'est creature in the universe
Truth hurts huh!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Tolexander: 11:22am On Oct 05, 2014
Chubhie:
I go burst am on monday|tuesday. Lol @ uncle!
monday/tuesday?
You aren't even sure!
Money don show now, you dey form boss cheesy
Don't worry, our own money will soon come! grin
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by pendy79: 11:24am On Oct 05, 2014
Al-hamdullilah I've seen the light of Al-Islam and will never depart from it. So many ignorant folks calling themselves christians here. We should be forgiving and enlighten as I was fooled for years too.

Their god who send down RUMOUR is the only true god. If their god in his absoluteness could send down RUMOUR from heaven then why do you think their godlike pastors can't teach them more rumour. (Obadiah 1.1 and Jeremiah 49.14) arguing with some of them is like pouring water in basket and expecting it to be full.

Did Jesus (prophet Isah) preach or proclaim any religion or new way of life when alive or didn't he say he came to only fulfil the scriptures.

Abraham had a first child from his wife's maid Hagar called Ishmael and he was asked to sacrifice "his only begotten child" (Heb. 11.17, Gen. 22.2) if isaac were born then won't the bible say his legitimate son. The test on Abraham was done long before Isaac was born and is even well stated that he was asked to sacrificed his only son not sarah's only son. Ishmael was 14years older than Isaac. Yet some dull ignorant bigots who are spoonfed lies and fables swallow hook and sinker. I guess their god didn't know the meaning of the word "only begotten son" or he forgot Abraham has another child 14years older.

If Paul is the rallying point of early christians then all christians should be catholics since he was the first pope and he authored many books in the new testaments. Not even disciples of Jesus match the reverence Paul had.

One igronant stereotype bigot is comparing eid adha with christmas. Go read about what christmas is all about and even easter then you know your pastors and reverends have been making you worship roman gods since ages and ponder why jehovah witnesses don't celebrate both.

Islam is never about human beings writing their biography and autobiography it is the complete. Way of life God wants human to live. The ways of the Prophet is recorded separate from the quran so as not to mix up God divine Will from the way the Prophet a messenger, a creation like all prophets before him lived
Al-hamdullilah I'm a Muslim now
If any wont eat the sallah meat it is better to politely reject than go throw it away that itself is a sin. When I was younger we did so and it never affected the relationship with our neighbours. It is height of wickedness to go throw away something someone used his hardearned money to procure and present to you on a platform. Of good neighbourliness

6 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kamo2930yahoo(f): 11:27am On Oct 05, 2014
But how do you want the muslims in this thread to feel with this your question? Huh? Am a Christian, but this question aint supposed to be asked here.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by xtervaganza(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2014
I Don de chop ileya meat since. ..

I Don chop today sef

And I go still chop tomorrow
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Pauljonnes(m): 11:36am On Oct 05, 2014
YOU CAN NOT. THE BIBLE WARNING ABOUT IT. Hebrews 13:9-10 KJV
Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein. Eating Ileya meat is not profitable to the christian. it rather help us portray our self as an Esau. Don't forget they are our brother chased away. if u eat with them ,you became like them, a slave. Eating with them is spiritual don't sell yourself cheaply with a piece or bulk of meat . I do eat it before when I was in school but I am informed I can never make the mistake.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Misogynist2014(m): 11:37am On Oct 05, 2014
Yerwa:
Guys try to get your facts straight, I can see some people ascribing the eid to idol worship, very wrong.
The practice is symbolic of prophet Abraham when he dreamt that he was to sacrifice his son Ishmael and when he was going to do it God provided a ram, which he then sacrificed, that has been the practice since then.
I tripple-dog dare you to connect Ismael to Islam like Matthew 1 vs 1-16 Connected Jesus to Isaac Oh God! Why hast thine allowed a single man(Muhammad) to bring the name of his god, equal to yours? cry

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

'Pastor' Caught Burying Charm In Abia Ahead Of Crusade (Photos) / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.