Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,945 members, 7,835,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65444 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by fammoboy(m): 9:41am On Oct 05, 2014
anselm791:
Well Jesus ate with tax collectors and sinners, who am I not to eat ileya meat?

was it not Jesus dat says wot a man ate cannot defy him but wotsoeva comes out of him... Besides, apostle paul also told d colosians (col 2:16) dat dey should nt allow any1 2 judge em about wot dy eat nd wot dy drink or in respect of certain holy day or god.....

So to me its a matter of conscience, if ur conscience z judging u dnt eat it nd vice versa. So i dnt see any big deal in eatn it in as much as i wil bless nd sanctify it b4 eatn it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ebubest(m): 9:42am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
Yes can you imagine calling ileya idolatory like seriously yOu guys are not cristns because the origin is right there in the old tesmnt of the bible
no vex were e dey 4 Bible?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you

Our Ileyah meat does not have any incantation recited on it, it is just same as any normal meat you'll find at the market or else where
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by fammoboy(m): 9:50am On Oct 05, 2014
missterious:

Yeah. I'll make sure I tell her a random person on nl disapproves of her action
Dis response u gave shows d fact dat ur indeed a gwd christian.
I tot ur gonna get mad at im in d 1st place. Thumb up
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Mynd44: 9:50am On Oct 05, 2014
maclatunji:

I am not the one that said God has a son which is a very well known attribute of the created. It is you that claim the divine has attributes of the created and are having a hard time reconciling the inherent contradiction.

I say God is above all human attributes and Ivdo not have any contradictions to reconcile. :-P :-P :-P

Do you know why creatures have offspring? To ensure the continuation of their kind or they would be as dead as the Dodo.

The divine has no such problems, trying to imply He has offspring is quite stupid by all means.

A good number of Christians throw it away as well because it makes no sense. You cannot make sense out of nonsense, only the inept try such.
Can you and xwolverine please keep to topic?

So, any leftover meat dey?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Ovacoma: 9:51am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
1 corinthians 10:20 But i say that the things which the gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and i would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
Ileya meat is not just ordinary meat, special prayer is offered bfor killing it; it is a sacrifice muslims must offer to their god yearly.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by aremed(m): 9:52am On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
song of solomon
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 9:53am On Oct 05, 2014
Please read your bible very well all u christains on nairaland, the reason we slauther ram during ileyah is written in the bible. if u guys will not eat our ileyah meat again den we muslim will stop to take the christains food as well, please if u are a christain and u wont take our meat, let us no rite 4rm ur door step, so dat we can take it back
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by despeakableme: 9:57am On Oct 05, 2014
michaelwestern:
Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat. Some people will call it food offered to idols, but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat. So is it okay to eat ileya meat?

I totally disagree with you. What goes into someone's mouth does not defile
them, but what comes out of their mouth, that is
what defiles them."

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by aremed(m): 9:58am On Oct 05, 2014
i think Abraham was a xtian,d ram he killed instead of his son;was it eaten or disposed?
Xtians ar so gullible
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Mynd44: 9:58am On Oct 05, 2014
Ovacoma:

1 corinthians 10:20 But i say that the things which the gentiles sacrifice, they sacrifice to devils, and not to God: and i would not that ye should have fellowship with devils. 21 Ye cannot drink the cup of the Lord, and the cup of devils: ye cannot be partakers of the Lord's table, and of the table of devils.
Ileya meat is not just ordinary meat, special prayer is offered bfor killing it; it is a sacrifice muslims must offer to their god yearly.
Your ignorance no get part 2.

If you were told this, go slap whoever did. If you assumed it yourself, slap yourself.

Before any Muslim kills any meat, he/she says a little prayer. Sallah or no Sallah. Maybe you need to stop eating meat from the local abattoir then cos they are prayed on

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Rujiano(m): 10:04am On Oct 05, 2014
Let me clear out the misconception. Ileya meat is not a sacrifice to any idol rather is a sacrifice to Allah(GOD) We do it in line of the messenger of God Abraham when a ram was used in replacement of his son Ishmail (suratul swafat) to make sacrifice for Allah(GOD) so please illaya is not a sacrifice to idol, and before the ram is slaughtered we say, IN THE NAME OF ALLAH(GOD) THE GREATEST, then it is safe for eating and if the prayer is not said, then the meat is unlawful (dat is u can't eat it or give it out)

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Guruenny(m): 10:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Ovacoma:

ur ignorance is affectn ur iq,even u dnt understnd d book u re readn gan if u refer to us as idol worshipers den I guess we re nt dat differ cos d xmas fowl u pple kill also rep ur offer as a sacrifice stupid fool dis is aw u pple start inter religion conflict u re calln us idol worshiper wen we both serve d same almighty allah tell me wat is differ in all dis.abraham is ibrahim in quran,moses is musa,joseph is yusuf,jesus is isa,d same salam allaykun we do say to ourselves is d same as shalom dat u pple do say u re jst readn d scriptures u dnt understnd it at all u need to grow up man
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Pedroscope(m): 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Here is what the bible says about it: if your conscience does not condemn you and it does not make another Christian faith shake, then go ahead and eat, even the ones offered to idols, else don't. The bible's New Testament position is that what we eat does not make unclean. It's what comes out of us that makes us unclean.

For me, I dey chop am, no shaking!

1 Corinthians 8
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 05, 2014
Ovacoma:

Believe it or not Mister, you are the stupid'est creature in the universe
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 05, 2014
The solution to this question is simple as ABC.

Whenever you are celebrating Sallah, invite friend, neighbor etc. to your house for the feast; anybody that shows up have no problem with sallah/ileya meat. In other word, don't offer meat, offer invitations.

Hence, nobody is offended (both the "giver" and the "givee" ) and no meat is wasted.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by haibe(m): 10:36am On Oct 05, 2014
Ovacoma:

Exactly the passage I was looking for..
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by 1Dray(m): 10:37am On Oct 05, 2014
idu1:
i just want to b luking at them. Most of this christain guys doesn't know anything abt d bible. The history of ileya come from Abraham. And am sure is in the bible. Did Abraham offer his animal to an idol? Most on u christian r jst idiot that need to be ignored.

Mallam, God do not need your animal any more, Jesus Christ has already paid the price, by allowing Himself to be sacrificed and used as the sacrificial Lamb for the atonement of the sin of mankind.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by yungchop: 10:37am On Oct 05, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
yungchop, where is the meat mbok?

(Una just wan find trouble today undecided)
good morning dear, I've sent it through dhl. I've been trying to upload pics yesterday but its not working you would have seen the "goodies" I sent to you and the whole slaughtering, burning, cutting, frying etc of the meat in pictures. I don't think I need any food till further notice again cheesy too much of everything is bad indeed. Since 12noon yesterday, my mouth has been working on anything eatable. The Rams self; I ate the raw, boiled and fried embarassed by 5pm again I started munching rice that's meant for 3 people. But when gbege gas around 11pm ehn, I started seeing double and I was feeling like a pregnant woman during labor. As in I just wasn't myself anymore. I started vomiting and poo pooing grin but sha I spent 2 good hours in the toilet, am a bit relived now grin . . . . . . @chibwike I sent yours too, you'll soon receive it bro cheesy
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by opeyemidy: 10:39am On Oct 05, 2014
michaelwestern:
Am not really sure if its okay for christians to eat ileya meat. Some people will call it food offered to idols, but the bible permits us to eat any kind of meat. So is it okay to eat ileya meat?
Hey bro, no need to be sentimental about this, this topic is very wide, but I will just say the little I can. Yes, It is a sacrifice but is every sacrifice a sin? It’s true we slaughter the animals but do we perform any strange rites or do we put these animals at shrines or at mosques for God to eat? We only slaughter some specified animal as stated in our holy book just like how animals are slaughtered when people are celebrating ceremonies, we eat and even share the meat with our neighbours and friends who can’t afford to buy one. Are other sacrifices you have witnessed or heard of done this way? What is wrong if Allah set out a special day to celebrate and remember an occasion that that is even in the Bible (remember story of Abraham and his son) and for you to really know you are being sentimental, judging from what you wrote, you definitely want it compared with that of the idol worshippers whereas you can clearly note the difference. And please before you write or post anything brother, you should have a clear and deep understanding and not a vague idea about probably from what you have heard people say. You may eat the meat or may not, it’s your choice. May God continue to enlighten us?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by chibwike(m): 10:41am On Oct 05, 2014
yungchop:
good morning dear, I've sent it through dhl. I've been trying to upload pics yesterday but its not working you would have seen the "goodies" I sent to you and the whole slaughtering, burning, cutting, frying etc of the meat in pictures. I don't think I need any food till further notice again cheesy too much of everything is bad indeed. Since 12noon yesterday, my mouth has been working on anything eatable. The Rams self; I ate the raw, boiled and fried embarassed by 5pm again I started munching rice that's meant for 3 people. But when gbege gas around 11pm ehn, I started seeing double and I was feeling like a pregnant woman during labor. As in I just wasn't myself anymore. I started vomiting and poo pooing grin but sha I spent 2 good hours in the toilet, am a bit relived now grin . . . . . . @chibwike I sent yours too, you'll soon receive it bro cheesy
Lol, i sincerely hope to...yesterday was boring for me, i had no muslim frnd
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by stephengee(m): 10:42am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
these are old testament teaching for the new testament all these things are condemned since Jesus Christ came to die for the sins of mankind.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by aremed(m): 10:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Danja:

u re only expressing ur subjective mind but if Allah is not God why references are made in d quran abt jesus, moses, david, ibraham, noer and d stories abt them re similar to those in d bible.

prof. Na wer u copy dis write up?
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Pedroscope(m): 10:47am On Oct 05, 2014
Read the whole of 1 Corinthians 10 and you will see that it is talking about idol worship. 1 Corinthians 8 talks about meat! Don't quote the bible out of context please!!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 10:47am On Oct 05, 2014
All you have to do is bless it before u eat it, and you are good to go cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (20) (Reply)

Free Shopping At Apostle Suleman's Church In Lagos, Omega Fire Ministry / Mike Bamiloye Reacts To Tope Alabi’s Apology To Adeyinka Alaseyori / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.