Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,640 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65306 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Blaqsmith(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
As a FREEthinking Christian,I eat any meat eatable to my own wish.

My own religion is not in my head,it is in my heart!

Barka De Sallah to my brothers from another wombs.next year ram go pass this oooo grin

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
1st of all

Is it ok to have a muslim girlfriend?

Is it ok to marry a muslim husband?

Is it ok to take iphone 6 from a christian boyfriend?

Na when meat matter come reach ground una dey remember wetin bible talk.

That meat no dey escape go anywhere. Na chop we go chop am 2GETHER

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kaka22(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
It can be looked at from two perspectives:
1. Worldly perspective
2. Spiritual/sciptural perspective

Worldly perspective
There is nothing wrong about christians eating ileya meat or muslims eating christmas chicken as this promotes religious harmony. Religious tolerance can be promoted by celebrating the festive periods together.

Spiritual perspective
It is very wrong for a christian to eat ileya meats as eating it means the acceptance of the authority and existence of another God than the one christian worships. The same analysis applies to the muslims.

Last bomb: I've been eating ileya meats for a while now. I even ate it today grin... I am not in any way justifying any position... Maybe i will stop it one day by God's grace...

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Heyliesha(m): 11:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Me wan chop...buh dat fear wey ma pman don put 4 ma mind no b small
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kingopta(m): 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
As for me...I do eat it...Don't knw if its right or not

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
Meat is meat!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Alexander01(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Dnt see anitin that's wrong with it

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by nickz(m): 11:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
see jamb question oh

after they eat my christmas goat finish make i come siddon dey look dem abi

10 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by olamide1100(m): 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
..That was in d old testament man
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ShakurM(m): 11:53pm On Oct 04, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
thats how inter religious war starts oo..with your reference to 'idol'. Careful mister

13 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by hensben(m): 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
like say ileya get meat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 04, 2014
Idi very ok.

Back then, I chop am sotay e dey commot from my nose.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by DONADAMS(m): 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
lol..dis crackd me up!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by darmochy1(m): 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
I don't care whether na ileya or orunya meat, all na chop for me. Even if Op turn to ileya meat, I go chop am join. I don chop tire today already and I go still continue tmrw by God's grace
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tigonana: 11:57pm On Oct 04, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ShakurM(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
People comment what they feel, mostly unreasonable . You don't have to insult nor slander others religion koz u are a vegetarian or some shit like that.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by hensben(m): 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
khadysaggs:
To be honest you guys are not cristns your Just doing your own thing,check the history of prophet abraham that was asked by God to give his only child as scrfce then wen he ws about doing that God send an angel with a ram,so do u mean u don't belv in that history,you guys need help
christian=living christ-like.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by sleinadczar: 11:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Its a thing of the mind, it depends on one's state of mind.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by adsonstone: 11:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
It is okay to eat it.

Btw, why should I reject good food?

Not less than 80% of all I ate today was ileya meat.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 05, 2014
idu1:
i just want to b luking at them. Most of this christain guys doesn't know anything abt d bible. The history of ileya come from Abraham. And am sure is in the bible. Did Abraham offer his animal to an idol? Most on u christian r jst idiot that need to be ignored.

With this ur gbaguan I can tell u are using one hand to type and the other to chop sallah meat...baddt guy grin

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by femmy2010(m): 12:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Nothing is certainly wrong with it.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 05, 2014
SirHouloo:
1 cor 8 vs 4
4 Therefore concerning the eating of things offered to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God but one. 5 For even if there are so-called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live. 7 However, there is not in everyone that knowledge; for some, with consciousness of the idol, until now eat it as a thing offered to an idol; and their conscience, being weak, is defiled. 8 But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse. 9 But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 10 For if anyone sees you who have knowledge eating in an idol’s temple, will not the conscience of him who is weak be emboldened to eat those things offered to idols? 11 And because of your knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
thank you,God increase your wisdom,this i what i have been looking for
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ShakurM(m): 12:02am On Oct 05, 2014
Blaqsmith:
As a FREEthinking Christian,I eat any meat eatable to my own wish.

My own religion is not in my head,it is in my heart!

Barka De Sallah to my brothers from another wombs.next year ram go pass this oooo grin
bless u mister! Let's embrace peace

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Jayuba(m): 12:04am On Oct 05, 2014
You can eat it if you are the son/daughter of an idol.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by IYANGBALI: 12:04am On Oct 05, 2014
After you don go latrine tire today na now you remember to dey ask dis your yeeye question

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by ZUBY77(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Bunch of confused blockheads.
It's not even right to see or speak with a Muslim.

Keep living in denial.
We will keep running in cicles around here in Africa.
Until a disease shows up and we fight it together, then we return to "My God is better than your God".

I still wonder how I found myself in this part of the World.

41 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Toks2008(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Sanchez01:

Lolz, you sure made light of the thread.

Back to the topic, OP, it is not right. As a matter of fact, sharing from the meat is the same as alluding to their deity and object of worship.

An example is seen in Daniel and the three Hebrew boys who refused to pollute themselves with the 'king's meat'. It is wrong to eat of the meat.

Na wa o

Which diety please?

Im a born again spirit filled tongue blating chrstian and im going to eat one tomorrow.

Islam as well as christianity are religion and they are both man made.

In the kingdom of GOD religion does not exist and in the book of life there wil be no names of christians ir muslims but the redeemed by the blood of Jesus.

Muslims pray to Jehovah called ALLAH in arabic so which diety are we talking about other than the same Jehovah.

The only miss for the muslim is not believing that Jesus died for them too which is saddening.

You can practise islam all your life and stil make paradise if you accept Jesus as your lord and saviour.

God is not concerened whether you die as a christian or muslim but only cobcerened with you accepting Jesus and confessing that he is your savuour.

John 3:16 sums it up that WHOSOEVER BELIEVES .

Please note that muslims even worship Jehovah better than some chriatians.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by deboraha(f): 12:06am On Oct 05, 2014
Thought this was going to be a serious thread. Na laugh I just dey laugh. The posts on this thread though. Hehehe.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by synergycom19: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2014
Muslims don't eat Christmas food/meat served to them by Christians, so it's also advisable that christains don't eat ILEYA meat
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2014
I eat every...even if it's straight from 'soponna' shrine grin
I eat it outta love for my muslim friends way back - If I don't like the giver : I won't eat it, no matter how appetising it looks.

...yungchop, where is the meat mbok?

(Una just wan find trouble today undecided)
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by TayoT: 12:07am On Oct 05, 2014
As a christian, i kill ileya ram.
Happy Sallah to all muslim nairalanders

10 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by theripper3: 12:08am On Oct 05, 2014
Too many sanctimonious intolerant christians here.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? / How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.