Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,362 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? (65301 Views)

Is It Okay For A Lady To Wear This To Church? (photos) / Christians Engaging In Premarital Sexual Relations Before Marriage, Is It Okay? / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Dayjhihannon01(m): 8:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Mynd44:
As Christians, it is not right to eat it. Don't even touch it. Just send it to my house and I will dispose of it for you
hehehehhehe... Disposing one @ d moment... grin
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tbaba1234: 8:23am On Oct 05, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Truth! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_Moon-god

Nonsense, I could give you a history lesson but i'd rather take the short route

"And from among His Signs are the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. Do not bow down (prostrate) to the sun nor to the moon, but only bow down (prostrate) to "Allah" Who created them, if you (really) worship Him." [Quran 41:37]

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Midastorch(m): 8:25am On Oct 05, 2014
missterious:
Lol. This reminds me of my mum. Anytime my neighbour brings sallah meat, she'll collect it & say "thank you" so happily. My siblings & I would be busy salivating over the food. Before you know it, my mum will carry the food & put in the waste bin. She'll even throw away the malt & coke. Chai!

Im sorry to say this, thats very Ungodly of your mum.As christians (followers of christ) we should always ask ourselves this question, if Jesus is in this situation what will he do? That food she threw away some people wish they had.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Hafyz23(m): 8:29am On Oct 05, 2014
What irked me most is some xtians calling Muslims idol worshippers,but what can I do abt that.God is watching...........Jesus(peace upon Him) wud even be pitying some of u.
God forgives us all

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by tee4naija(m): 8:31am On Oct 05, 2014
Xtian of yesterday?
Kentox:

wrong interpretation! Your long throat go kill you one day. Remember the story of Daniel in the bible. My brother, even if you have to eat the meat because of hunger, make sure you sanctity it before eating. Christians of nowadays!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kayusbrown(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Two things I hate about religion: Bigotry and Hypocrisy!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by capsogiga(m): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2014
[size=8pt]1 Corinthians 10:27

If an unbeliever invites you to a meal and you want to go, eat whatever is put before you without raising questions of conscience.
[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by honeric01(m): 8:44am On Oct 05, 2014
Thank God for the grace he gave me and for opening my eyes to separating religion from relationship.

Jesus, bless be to your name.

back to ileya meat, my landlady only gave me one big + small meat with one turkey which I don eat tire before then. I wasn't happy with her even though they killed 2 rams, I know this is due to the fact that I challenged them about paying to buy a new pumping machine which I believe should be the sole responsibility of the house owner.

Having said that, I will take this year's own in good faith and God willing wait for a better treatment next year.

As for those living a religious life thereby missing out from the meat, continue in your folly, it clearly shows your faith is weak and you also do not believe in the God you serve, nor have any strong ideas about the history of what you follow.

1st Corinthians 8:4 is there to learn from.
Even if you think the ram is a sacrifice to a god, are you then saying your God is afraid of idols? then you are serving the wrong God

If una still get better sallah meat, I don't mind getting some sent my way o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by clemzo101(m): 8:46am On Oct 05, 2014
Pls contact me to arrange to take all the meat to the gods. grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by AdekunleBalogun: 8:48am On Oct 05, 2014
To all the christian in house please I beg you in the name of God not to associate Islam with idol. The Ram is not for idol but a sacrifice dated many years back.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by missterious(f): 8:50am On Oct 05, 2014
Midastorch:

Im sorry to say this, thats very Ungodly of your mum.As christians (followers of christ) we should always ask ourselves this question, if Jesus is in this situation what will he do? That food she threw away some people wish they had.

Yeah. I'll make sure I tell her a random person on nl disapproves of her action
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Hero10001: 8:53am On Oct 05, 2014
"Rejoice with those who rejoice" Rom12;15

"When you drink poison, it won't hurt you" Mark 16:18

If you won't eat with enemies/sinners, how can you love em?! Will they ever loved you?! You dont spread hatred with your stupid ideology.

The Holy book said, Love, Pray and Bless your enemies. (the golden rule)

FYI, I'm a Yoruba, Christian and a bible scholar, i ate about 20pounds of meat yesterday, 25p more still abounds, i wont miss Ojude-Oba on monday in my home town too.
I love Muslims e.g Donroxy etc. My gf is a muslim though.

Tis crazy to see how some Christians behave, they'v go not attitude and taken the Bible outta context.
Ignorance has eaten deep in their brains!

"JESUS calls Levi and eat with the sinners" Mk 2, 13-17

"JESUS loves sinners, even the vilest of offenders" Luke 19;10, Rom 5;8.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by rman: 8:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Alcatraz001:
I think the problem of intolerance started having an heavy toll on Nigerians when the Muslims started killing for the god and never considered the sensibilities oof other religions...both christianity and traditional religion,for christ sakes,Nigeria is a secular country!

Now to the issue of ileya meat,I don't think I would willingly eat sallah meat anymore because I fear and despise muslims because of their propensity to kill and be very violent about their beliefs.

I used to eat ileya meat a lot in the past but I don't think I would want to eat it any longer because that would be tantamount to hypocrisy,I mean just look at the problems muslims are causing all over the world! Scripturally though,I don't think there is any injunction not to eat sallah meat.Its just that any sane christian would be dead to conscience to eat such sallah meat considering how the islamic adherents are killing mankind all over the World.Peace.

So how many of your muslim friends have threatened to kill you?

Are you saying you do not have any kind of interaction with any muslim at all?

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Biggestguy(m): 8:59am On Oct 05, 2014
1st of all ileya meat is not offered to idols, the ram was exchanged for Abraham's son when God ask him to sacrifice his son as part of the promise Abraham made to God. God tested his faith and he passed, this can also be traced to the bible.
So plz go check ur bible and get ur fact straight.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by xenaxena(f): 9:00am On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
abegi....muslims eat xmas chicken...nd diarz nuffin wronq wiv eating ileya meat,nd muslims do not worship deities............I hate talking religion cos ion fink itzz necessary cos some pipu will alwyz be ignorant.I can't shawt jawe *yawns
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by VoteOutPDPJona: 9:01am On Oct 05, 2014
According to the Master, what defileth a man is what comes out of him, not what goes in. But of the truth I tell you, if you no strong in the Holy Spirit, no touch am ooooo!
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by holluwai(m): 9:02am On Oct 05, 2014
I've been eating this ileya meat since I was a child when our Muslim neighbors and friends bring food to our house so I won't stop eating it now for no reason, abegi!

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by xenaxena(f): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2014
rman:

So how many of your muslim friends have threatened to kill you?

Are you saying you do not have any kind of interaction with any muslim at all?
nigerians are so intolerant wen it comes to reliqion nd tribe....muslims are nt terrorists...pls ion like talking reliqion cos I get too passionate.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by kunlesehan(m): 9:05am On Oct 05, 2014
ZUBY77:
Bunch of confused blockheads.
It's not even right to see or speak with a Muslim.

Keep living in denial.
We will keep running in cicles around here in Africa.
Until a disease shows up and we fight it together, then we return to "My God is better than your God".

I still wonder how I found myself in this part of the World.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by adeoladrg(m): 9:12am On Oct 05, 2014
I've never eaten Ileya meat right from my childhood. I still think it's wrong and won't eat it.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by adeoladrg(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2014
missterious:
Lol. This reminds me of my mum. Anytime my neighbour brings sallah meat, she'll collect it & say "thank you" so happily. My siblings & I would be busy salivating over the food. Before you know it, my mum will carry the food & put in the waste bin. She'll even throw away the malt & coke. Chai!

That's it. My mom also does the same. Or she'll preserve it and give it to her staffs if possible.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by biggmusty(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2014
khadysaggs:
You guys are just lost and no matter wat I say u wil nvr cum to light its a waste of my good tym....
sister pls ignore them, its hard to convince ppl who dnt even understand dia own book. #WaSallam

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by biggmusty(m): 9:18am On Oct 05, 2014
Biggestguy:
1st of all ileya meat is not offered to idols, the ram was exchanged for Abraham's son when God ask him to sacrifice his son as part of the promise Abraham made to God. God tested his faith and he passed, this can also be traced to the bible.
So plz go check ur bible and get ur fact straight.
thanks boss bt ar to lazy to read dey prefer saying tyns dey dnt av fact on
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by maclatunji: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2014
cole265:

It is hard and almost invisible to engage some1 like you on this issue bc you are already lost in the concept right from the start.

But mind you. The concept of sonship or fatherhood transcends human basic understanding of biological mating. ...

You are lacking in the ability to understand this and accept these simple facts, so it is pointless starting to debate it with you.

Be open minded first.

Hahahahaha...

Let me help you with definition since you have confused yourselves.

A son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to his parents. The female counterpart is a daughter.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son

You see that I am not defining these concepts by myself or making declarations without backing them up.

You guys are just making empty declarations and when totally disproved, you crawl into pseudo-mysticism.

There is nothing mystical about scoring zero. It simply shows you know nothing. So, there is no authentic Bible, God cannot share divinity no matter how you try to paint it and you have no theological foundation as this thread has proven beyond doubt with everyone of you answering the question based on your whims.

:-P :-P :-P
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by xwolverine: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2014
adeoladrg:
I've never eaten Ileya meat right from my childhood. I still think it's wrong and won't eat it.

The problem is not the meat in itself, it's the ideology behind the whole exercise, which aims to desecrate the holy bible by giving legitimacy to an illegitimate event. The Bible instructed Abraham to sacrifice Isaac not Ishmael as the Muslims would have us believe, this singular context makes it wrong for a christian to eat Ileya meat, because by so doing you are unknowingly accepting the lie aimed at corrupting the lineage of Christ, which was through Isaac.

For those trying to blackmail Christians with Halal meat, by saying if you've eaten meat in the southwest, that you've eaten ileya meat. I will say this, they are two unrelated contexts, one is generic while the other is aimed at corrupting the origins of Christ, please do not be deceived and be ignorant.

This is the singular reason why all the Islamic expeditions of the Ottoman empire was aimed at identifying the burial grounds of all the prophets in the Bible, and once identified, mosques were built on them. The main reason is to give legitimacy to an illegitimate belief.

Shalom

4 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Danja: 9:24am On Oct 05, 2014
searay:
I think the blood of Jesus cancel the blood of those animals.

in religion there is no such thing as "i think". U shld always be guided by d scriptures not ur personal conviction.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 05, 2014
debraleey:
There is nothing like sallah in d Bible. Animals were sacrificed but not for sallah! Anyway i used to eat d meat but cos of location now i can't.....to me it is d same meat we buy from market naa.....just as u pray on ur food b4 eating u can pray on d meat if u feel somehow. For d time being i'd say stick with ur convictions...

Some people need to open thier small minds instead of their big mouths. If you don't have a clear understanding about something, you can keep your trap shut or curiously ask those who know.

1. We eat this animals we slaughter, I thought SACRIFICES were not meant to be eaten or can you give me an example of a SACRIFICE you have heard of that the animals are eaten and shared with friends and neigbours who can't afford one?

2. Are you a vegetarian? If you are not, what is the difference between the meat you eat and the one we are talking about?

3. Do we perform impure rites on the ram that made it unhealthy for consumption?
4. It is so obvious, you only want this to be compared with the Idol worshipers
5. I am very sure you know where it is written in the bible for prophet Abraham.

Well, if you are still against it, I have to conclude you are against the bible too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:30am On Oct 05, 2014
Religion sha... Some people indirectly calling us Idol worshippers.. Its funny when we try to show some love by sharing, you guys still don't wanna be loved by us. Its not fair at all... For instance, I send you ileya meat and some of you say you will throw it away.. But why??.. You think its poisoned?.. Some of you again are justifying with scriptures from the bible.. Making all these seem like a big deal. Well, I trust my brothers in the Lord in my area.. I big ram leg always reserved for them.. Be there and be deceiving yourselfs..

5 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by xwolverine: 9:30am On Oct 05, 2014
maclatunji:

Hahahahaha...

Let me help you with definition since you have confused yourselves.

A son is a male offspring; a boy or man in relation to his parents. The female counterpart is a daughter.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Son

You see that I am not defining these concepts by myself or making declarations without backing them up.

You guys are just making empty declarations and when totally disproved, you crawl into pseudo-mysticism.

There is nothing mystical about scoring zero. It simply shows you know nothing. So, there is no authentic Bible, God cannot share divinity no matter how you try to paint it and you have no theological foundation as this thread has proven beyond doubt with everyone of you answering the question based on your whims.

:-P :-P :-P

It is simply ignorance and contradictory if you try to define the divinity of God and limit him with human limitations, hence the folly of your logical inference.

The main reason why Jesus was needed is based on the premise that man sinned and required redemption. The only way of atonement is for a sinless life to be sacrificed to atone for man's sin.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by lomprico(m): 9:31am On Oct 05, 2014
ifaoni:
u cant serve God wt devil, do muslims eat ur xmas chicken? Gluton, onijekuje.
Sidon there
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 05, 2014
Thou shall not be equally yoked with unbelievers.
Re: Is It Okay For A Christian To Eat Ileya Meat? by Abduletudaye(m): 9:35am On Oct 05, 2014
adeoladrg:

If I slip in ileya meat in your food, am quite sure you won't know tongue .. But seriously, there's nothing in it.. All part of enjoyment.. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

How Pastors Deceive Their Congregation #photo. / Stephanie Otobo: Going To Prison Was My Punishment For Having Sex With Pastor / Jesus-like Image Appears In Markudi Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.