Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:36 AM

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? (18538 Views)

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by chidoozmega(m): 3:50am On Oct 04, 2014
passing by...
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by lonelydora: 3:51am On Oct 04, 2014
I think animal protein is better as explained above, bBT as far as I am concerned Protein na protein whether from animal or plant.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by successking401(m): 4:03am On Oct 04, 2014
Plant source of protein is better for u as an adult
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by youngds: 4:28am On Oct 04, 2014
fish oil, from lean liver reduce the level of cholesterol in body, improve sight and has about 17 to 20% of protein with all the E. amino acids ... but meat and milk has high cholesterol , plant protein such as soya beans is high quality protein about 46% higher than most animal protein, but will go for animal protein cuz it takes less enzymatic synthesis before its absorbed by the body
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by 19naia(m): 5:09am On Oct 04, 2014
people who rely on only plant protien must endure vitamin B 12 deficiency but they can supplement with raw vegetables and yeast cultures for human consumption... The yeast actually has an Umame flavor normally associated with meat and thats also a clue to a class of nutrition... Every flavor is a class of nutrition..... Animal protien is differnet than plants but one can survive on plant alone if they know what to eat for full balanced diet.... Above all, Non meat eaters mostly have weaker strength and output in physical burst of performance, they tend to be slower and more sluggish but they do have a good range of endurance and longevity..... It's a matter of priorities such as being kind to animals to not kill them for food or other reasons besides self defense.... Some would rather be slower and weaker and have longevity and endurance at low levels of output.... I must say though that i know of more than a few meat eaters who lived over 102 healthy years old... A persons body type including blood type will affect their ability to thrive with or without meat.. Many vegetarians account their sluggishness and passivity as an enhancement of kindness and lowering of agression while they accuse meat eaters higher energy of being enhanced agression rather than the simple extra energy and strength it is.. There is a lot of bias in the competition for moral supremacy

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by delpharm(m): 5:24am On Oct 04, 2014
MOST Animal Proteins are First class proteins which are high biological proteins containing all essential amino acids required in humans while SOME plant proteins e.g soya beans also contains all essential amino acids..

In case of Second class proteins which hv little biological value compared to First class proteins
lack some essential proteins and are MOSTLY comprises of plant proteins with LITTLE animal proteins

Last bullet: Plant proteins & Animal proteins are good for the body but shld be consumed moderatly coz of the Liver smiley
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by ObiOkpor(m): 5:26am On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14: Let me help u out. Ur girl lied to u, animal protein is 100% better than plant proteins. Here are my scientific based reasons of which everyone who knows about nutrients would attest to, (1)proteins from animal origin contains essential amino acids such as methionine and lysine which are lacking in plant proteins. (2)plant proteins contains antinutrients haemagglutinins and lectins which have ability of agglutinating red blood cells in a fashion similar to antibodies and thus poisonous to humans (3)every plant contains hydrogen cyanide or prussic acid which could cause anoxia of central nervous system,it is only methionine from meat that can detoxify cyanide through a pathway known as cyanide thiocyanate sulphur transferase rhodenase. If not in children poor growth will occur and sperm formation will be poor in adults. Methionine helps ur liver and bone as well(4)every food from plant contains what is called tannin:this tannins binds protein and impairs it availabilities,it only lysine supplied through the consumption of meat that can help ur system destroy d polyphenols such as chlorogenic caffeic and make proteins available for ur brain and subsequent distribution of serotonine in ur system.(5)plant protein sources such as beans,soya bean and ground apparent digestible crude protein of 45%,42% and 41% respectively whereas meat contains about 110-150% crude protein.(6) milk and egg are the only complete food in nature because they contain all the nutrients/classes of food in their right proportions,guess what,they are both from animal. I will stop here,please tell ur girl friend that she was wrong. Animal protein is better than plant protein. NB: cooking or boiling also detoxifies the antinutrients I mentioned above but not completely.

are you a food scientist or nutritionist?I like it..
@op,In other words,we have first class and second class protein..
Animals are first class while plants,second class..
With what Funke said,hope you've learnt...
@funke,you will help out..
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by ObiOkpor(m): 5:29am On Oct 04, 2014
lepasharon: plant protein is healthier
Reason(s)?
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by englishmart(m): 5:45am On Oct 04, 2014
konjakonja: Seun seun please Sir, move this to homepage,I really want to learn.
I only moved it to homepage because it's deserving of homepage, not because you requested.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by englishmart(m): 5:49am On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14: Let me help u out. Ur girl lied to u, animal protein is 100% better than plant proteins. Here are my scientific based reasons of which everyone who knows about nutrients would attest to, (1)proteins from animal origin contains essential amino acids such as methionine and lysine which are lacking in plant proteins. (2)plant proteins contains antinutrients haemagglutinins and lectins which have ability of agglutinating red blood cells in a fashion similar to antibodies and thus poisonous to humans (3)every plant contains hydrogen cyanide or prussic acid which could cause anoxia of central nervous system,it is only methionine from meat that can detoxify cyanide through a pathway known as cyanide thiocyanate sulphur transferase rhodenase. If not in children poor growth will occur and sperm formation will be poor in adults. Methionine helps ur liver and bone as well(4)every food from plant contains what is called tannin:this tannins binds protein and impairs it availabilities,it only lysine supplied through the consumption of meat that can help ur system destroy d polyphenols such as chlorogenic caffeic and make proteins available for ur brain and subsequent distribution of serotonine in ur system.(5)plant protein sources such as beans,soya bean and ground apparent digestible crude protein of 45%,42% and 41% respectively whereas meat contains about 110-150% crude protein.(6) milk and egg are the only complete food in nature because they contain all the nutrients/classes of food in their right proportions,guess what,they are both from animal. I will stop here,please tell ur girl friend that she was wrong. Animal protein is better than plant protein. NB: cooking or boiling also detoxifies the antinutrients I mentioned above but not completely.
very succinctly said. You've said it all.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Penboy: 6:13am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal proteins are called first class proteins while plant's are called second class protein. I hope that helps.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 6:23am On Oct 04, 2014
englishmart: I only moved it to homepage because it's deserving of homepage, not because you requested.
Oh thanks alot
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by mentorandfriend(m): 6:36am On Oct 04, 2014
No need for using jargons here. We want everybody to understand this. When we invite dieticians to take over the management of a patient with proteinuria (passing of albumin proteins in urine) as a result of nephrotic or nephritic syndrome, or any other idiopathic cause, we expect dieticians to use little protein of high biologic value. What is that? White meat and full cream milk. You see that both are from animals. Children subsist on plant protein like soyabeans due to their high content of essential amino acids that aid brain development. Once they pass the age of about 6 yrs, introduce animal protein. When you talk of body cell building that promotes growth at a fast rate, animal protein is chief.

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by konjakonja(m): 6:51am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: today its my birthday guys...patrickdarlins.....am so happy....+ sala day alltogeda....and even coupled with fp tinx...ok...its a good sign....many likes on my head pleassssseeeeeee......
HBD...sending 20bags of beans to you now
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by temzybabe(f): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2014
patrickdarlins: today its my birthday guys...patrickdarlins.....am so happy....+ sala day alltogeda....and even coupled with fp tinx...ok...its a good sign....many likes on my head pleassssseeeeeee......
happy birthday dear!!
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Tayomi37(m): 7:04am On Oct 04, 2014
both
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by pat077: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is first class while that of plant is second class protein.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14: I disagree with u on d adult protein intake part.. I'm a lover of beans but u can't campare animal protein with plant protein#fact
Don't disagree with d truth .... Study more about it..
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by nijanigga: 7:22am On Oct 04, 2014
Anybody eating too much American beef, is playing with Alzheimer,later in life.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by kentochi(m): 7:24am On Oct 04, 2014
mentorandfriend: No need for using jargons here. We want everybody to understand this. When we invite dieticians to take over the management of a patient with proteinuria (passing of albumin proteins in urine) as a result of nephrotic or nephritic syndrome, or any other idiopathic cause, we expect dieticians to use little protein of high biologic value. What is that? White meat and full cream milk. You see that both are from animals. Children subsist on plant protein like soyabeans due to their high content of essential amino acids that aid brain development. Once they pass the age of about 6 yrs, introduce animal protein. When you talk of body cell building that promotes growth at a fast rate, animal protein is chief.
thanks alot am learning fast here.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 04, 2014
Even doctors always advice to avoid nutrients from animal source and consume plant nutrients instead.

Soya milk is a very good source of protein.

Vegetarians always live longer and healthier than animal consumers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is better than plant protein base on so many biochemical explanations i wudnt want to bore u with. Then again, age plays a vital role in determining ur level of protein intake. If you're close to 40yrs and above,u shd reduce ur protein intake and take more of fibre. Also,u shd consider the cholesterol content of both animal and plant products u take.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by homesteady(m): 7:39am On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein is 1st class protein because it contains all essential amino acids
While plant protein is 2nd class
- SS 1 Food and Nutrition
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Ajibam: 7:44am On Oct 04, 2014
Plant protein are just supplements, animal protein contains all essential amino acid,
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Ajibam: 7:46am On Oct 04, 2014
pussyaddict: Even doctors always advice to avoid nutrients from animal source and consume plant nutrients instead.

Soya milk is a very good source of protein.

Vegetarians always live longer and healthier than animal consumers
Guess you don't know about egg?
Egg supplies you the triple of any protein that vegetables will give you!
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 7:53am On Oct 04, 2014
ObiOkpor:
are you a food scientist or nutritionist?I like it..
@op,In other words,we have first class and second class protein..
Animals are first class while plants,second class..
With what Funke said,hope you've learnt...
@funke,you will help out..
Biochemist, but I kinda love nutritional biochem

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 7:55am On Oct 04, 2014
Ajibam:
Exactly,thumbs up
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2014
Ajibam:

An egg yolk contains 186mg cholesterol. Why do you think doctors would say only 1 egg should be consumed daily and never consumed by heart-related disease patients.

You can consume vegetable as many times as possible in a day and have nothing to loose

Its not that animal nutrient source is bad but it comes with lots of calories and anti-ion productions in the body

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2014
If you want to live a healthier lifestyle, stick to plant protein.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 8:01am On Oct 04, 2014
sexyexcalibur:
Don't disagree with d truth .... Study more about it..
I'm going to consult diff textbooks on that. I read an article published in one parkistainian journal some months ago about it.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Ajibam: 8:07am On Oct 04, 2014
pussyaddict:

An egg yolk contains 186mg cholesterol. Why do you think doctors would say only 1 egg should be consumed daily and never consumed by heart-related disease patients.

You can consume vegetable as many times as possible in a day and have nothing to loose

Its not that animal nutrient source is bad but it comes with lots of calories and anti-ion productions in the body
I know quote a lot about the cholesterol, but that doesn't stop it from releasing the nutrients our body needs for development.
Am not even talking about rate of consumption here, all am after is for you to know that in aspect of protein supplication, vegetables don't stand the chance, even blood meal gives more protein than vegetables talk less of milk, even simple goat milk!
You may eat vegetables hundred of times, though you have nothing to lose, you still stand to gain very little.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics) / For How Long Can I Preserve Pap (ogi) ? / What Did You Cook Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.