Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,487 members, 7,816,150 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:43 AM

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? (18535 Views)

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by timilynx(m): 4:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
Animal protein
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by IDERAWOLE(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Knowledge can be great to a man who wishes to learn. Great discuss here. I learnt from an expert about the fact that plant protein is not just better, but strongly recommended.

I'm surely returning for more details on this issue.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
All these "nutritionists" shouting animal protein is good...Yes,animals have more protein content than plants but PLANTS ARE HEALTHIER than animals. In the consumption of animals, you take in bad cholesterol as against what you get in animals. Animal protein is best consumed by growing children as protein is more utilized by them and less as one grows older..For adults plant proteins is best.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by festwiz(m): 6:35pm On Oct 04, 2014
soonest:
I thought plant protein is healthier. Well let me goggle it
"it is called google" and not goggle
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by kennymeritus: 6:48pm On Oct 04, 2014
eliment:
Animal protein is good in a growing body that has insulin to control the level of cholesterol growth within the body while plant protein is better for old people because the level of insulin in their body is deficient.

Bros which uni or college u go becaue my lecturer never told me that insulin controls cholesterol level. I know insulin converts excess glucose in the blood to glycogen and stores it in the liver Hope you are not misleading d publc
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14:
Let me help u out. Ur girl lied to u, animal protein is 100% better than plant proteins. Here are my scientific based reasons of which everyone who knows about nutrients would attest to, (1)proteins from animal origin contains essential amino acids such as methionine and lysine which are lacking in plant proteins. (2)plant proteins contains antinutrients haemagglutinins and lectins which have ability of agglutinating red blood cells in a fashion similar to antibodies and thus poisonous to humans (3)every plant contains hydrogen cyanide or prussic acid which could cause anoxia of central nervous system,it is only methionine from meat that can detoxify cyanide through a pathway known as cyanide thiocyanate sulphur transferase rhodenase. If not in children poor growth will occur and sperm formation will be poor in adults. Methionine helps ur liver and bone as well(4)every food from plant contains what is called tannin:this tannins binds protein and impairs it availabilities,it only lysine supplied through the consumption of meat that can help ur system destroy d polyphenols such as chlorogenic caffeic and make proteins available for ur brain and subsequent distribution of serotonine in ur system.(5)plant protein sources such as beans,soya bean and ground apparent digestible crude protein of 45%,42% and 41% respectively whereas meat contains about 110-150% crude protein.(6) milk and egg are the only complete food in nature because they contain all the nutrients/classes of food in their right proportions,guess what,they are both from animal. I will stop here,please tell ur girl friend that she was wrong. Animal protein is better than plant protein. NB: cooking or boiling also detoxifies the antinutrients I mentioned above but not completely.

This could be misleading...
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by timowale: 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
lets take as a case study of carnivores like lion,dogs cats etc which feed chiefly on animals protein sources mostly meats.their life span is shorter than herbivores whose sources of food is plants.for a healthier living,its advised to eat more of plant sources of and less of animal proteins
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by bigangel4u(m): 7:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
For those claiming that animal protein is better than plant protein, read this: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-2433/5-Reasons-Why-You-Should-Eat-PlantBased-Protein.html
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
ohleaveyah:

babe,I'm all ears ,could u pls back up ur assertion with solid scientific facts?
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2014
timowale:
lets take as a case study of carnivores like lion,dogs cats etc which feed chiefly on animals protein sources mostly meats.their life span is shorter than herbivores whose sources of food is plants.for a healthier living,its advised to eat more of plant sources of and less of animal proteins
This ur analogy get as e be, if am to borrow ur chronology, goats lives longer than dog and lion?
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by jbaby265(f): 8:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14:
Let me help u out. Ur girl lied to u, animal protein is 100% better than plant proteins. Here are my scientific based reasons of which everyone who knows about nutrients would attest to, (1)proteins from animal origin contains essential amino acids such as methionine and lysine which are lacking in plant proteins. (2)plant proteins contains antinutrients haemagglutinins and lectins which have ability of agglutinating red blood cells in a fashion similar to antibodies and thus poisonous to humans (3)every plant contains hydrogen cyanide or prussic acid which could cause anoxia of central nervous system,it is only methionine from meat that can detoxify cyanide through a pathway known as cyanide thiocyanate sulphur transferase rhodenase. If not in children poor growth will occur and sperm formation will be poor in adults. Methionine helps ur liver and bone as well(4)every food from plant contains what is called tannin:this tannins binds protein and impairs it availabilities,it only lysine supplied through the consumption of meat that can help ur system destroy d polyphenols such as chlorogenic caffeic and make proteins available for ur brain and subsequent distribution of serotonine in ur system.(5)plant protein sources such as beans,soya bean and ground apparent digestible crude protein of 45%,42% and 41% respectively whereas meat contains about 110-150% crude protein.(6) milk and egg are the only complete food in nature because they contain all the nutrients/classes of food in their right proportions,guess what,they are both from animal. I will stop here,please tell ur girl friend that she was wrong. Animal protein is better than plant protein. NB: cooking or boiling also detoxifies the antinutrients I mentioned above but not completely.

yesss dats me...i support u coz am an FST student n.i studied it well.animal protein all d way..example of it is..egg..egg was proven scientifically to be d complete protein bcoz it has d NPV..and its better consumed boiled dan fried (fried egg does not have any nutritonal value)

hmmm let me stop here..
kudos bro
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 04, 2014
jbaby265:

yesss dats me...i support u coz am an FST student n.i studied it well.animal protein all d way..example of it is..egg..egg was proven scientifically to be d complete protein bcoz it has d NPV..and its better consumed boiled dan fried (fried egg does not have any nutritonal value)

hmmm let me stop here..
kudos bro

Pls don't be a disgrace to your school and lecturers...visit Google for more info. you can also sign up on Wileyfoods,it would help you a lot
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14:
babe,I'm all ears ,could u pls back up ur assertion with solid scientific facts?

hmmm...I don't have the time now to type my plenty story o..
do yourself some good and read elaborately on Google.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by boxymccoy(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14:

U̶̲̥̅̊ must be a biochemist......great metabolites

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by mightyleks(m): 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
owolabifunke14:

did you study MCB or Food related field
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Etetejake(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2014
konjakonja:
Good day beautiful women of the kitchen,good day fellow gentlemen that consume what the special ladies cook.

Please I need your help or contributions on this argument I had with my pretty Judith yesterday. We met 5 months ago in a friends birthday party and exchanged phone numbers. To cut long story short,she came to my house yesterday and insists she wants to cook white rice and beans I said to her Nne! You know I don't eat beans please, just prepare rice and stew,her response was " hell no, you can't meet your protein requirement if you don't eat beans" I said but there is meat and fish which I know contains protein,why do we need any other thing in the name of meeting your so called protein requirement? She answers by saying that it has been proven scientifically that protein from plant origin is better than that of animal. Since I am not a science inclined person,I had to settle for her beans that night but something in me tells me she used my brain to drink garri that moment by bringing science into it. Please those of you with good knowledge of food science should help me out please..

Thank you,
Bro Konjakonja

Bro konjakonja,lol.
reading your post makes me desire to haVe a taste of that your brain mix with egusi soup. Who knows, that may be even sweeter than drinking it with garri.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by nwaobitex: 6:49pm On Oct 05, 2014
plant
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
ohleaveyah:

No you're the one misleading people

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
ohleaveyah:

hmmm...I don't have the time now to type my plenty story o..
do yourself some good and read elaborately on Google.

Internet argumentators , that is your trademark.
Do you know the B.V ( biological value ) of the various animal and plant proteins ? do you even know what biological value is ?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 05, 2014
https://gokaleo.com/2013/12/06/animal-vs-plant-protein-which-is-better/

You think you can just pull out anything from the internet and claim victory
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 05, 2014
bigangel4u:
For those claiming that animal protein is better than plant protein, read this: http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-2433/5-Reasons-Why-You-Should-Eat-PlantBased-Protein.html

https://gokaleo.com/2013/12/06/animal-vs-plant-protein-which-is-better/

You think you can just pull out anything from the internet and claim victory. For those of us who know what we're saying we don't need to consult Google for affirmation , you obviously know nothing about nutrition

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 05, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Do you know the B.V ( biological value ) of the various animal and plant proteins ? do you even know what biological value is ?

Lwkmd...I've noticed you dear...

I'm sure this is the first time you are using the term BIOLOGICAL VALUE...I used it for 5yrs and still counting..n hell yea! I know wat the f*** it is!

Gosh!!! I'm I actually replying you
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 05, 2014
ohleaveyah:

I'm I actually reply you

You're a disgrace to whatever school awarded you any certification ( that's even if you truly went to one ).
"I used it for five years" , don't make me laugh , better don't expose your folly further.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 12:24am On Oct 06, 2014
neoapocalypse:

Ok. I get your point-Animal proteins have higher BV than plant proteins...thus, healthier for an adult to consume..

Honestly,you are the dumbest thing I've met my whole life..
Stop claiming nutritionist biko!!!! you can't be 1!!

...and thanks for the corrections on the previous post..
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 06, 2014
ohleaveyah:

Ok. I get your point-Animal proteins have higher BV than plant proteins...thus, healthier for an adult to consume..

Honestly,you are the dumbest thing I've met my whole life..
Stop claiming nutritionist biko!!!! you can't be 1!!

...and thanks for the corrections on the previous post..

You have shiite for brains , that space in your cranium is filled with nothing but shiite. You don't even get the argument , chai!! what is the basic composition of AA's ? and for the record I am not a nutritionist but an animal scientist and I did at least eight courses on animal nutrition ( monogastric and ruminant ) over a period of five years , excluding the various biochemistry courses I did. Oya furnish us with why plant protein is better than animal protein and don't pull stuff over the net dummb biitch.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 6:38am On Oct 06, 2014
This girl you don't know anything o , go to any university around you and ask a professor in nutrition , biochemistry or animal science this question and get educated.
This is the problem we have in Nigeria , once there is a popular saying people start propagating it as law and internet argumentators like this Olivia will argue with people in that field because they have one or two sources from various untrustworthy blogs. Get an education and stop sitting in your fathers house claiming Einstein.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by soonest(f): 7:18am On Oct 06, 2014
festwiz:
"it is called google" and not goggle
Tnx for d correction. It was a typing error
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 06, 2014
ohleaveyah:

I'm I actually replying you
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 06, 2014
ohleaveyah:

I'm I actually replying you

Na English be this , after pointing out your error you can't even correct yourself properly , SMMFH ( shaking my motherfucking head ). I won't even reply back if you post a response to this , you're obviously unequipped for a battle of wits
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 10:08am On Oct 06, 2014
neoapocalypse:

The truth is that some of them are mixing science up with hearsay practices of our society. Let's even assume that BV of beans is higher than that of animal,what really happens during metabolism or utilization of the nutrients from the plants, Are they all available for our body system the way the animal's own are? Sorry to say this,by interacting with some medical students in my school I found out that most medical doctors do not have strong knowledge of biochemistry. one told me that citrus fruits are acid forming simply because he was told that they contain citric acid and pottasium citric and he forgot that the citric acid is oxidized completely in the body leaving only pottasium.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by owolabifunke14(f): 10:15am On Oct 06, 2014
neoapocalypse:

You have shiite for brains , that space in your cranium is filled with nothing but shiite. You don't even get the argument , chai!! what is the basic composition of AA's ? and for the record I am not a nutritionist but an animal scientist and I did at least eight courses on animal nutrition ( monogastric and ruminant ) over a period of five years , excluding the various biochemistry courses I did. Oya furnish us with why plant protein is better than animal protein and don't pull stuff over the net dummb biitch.
Hey! Don't call her names please, it is very wrong of you to call someone shitt brain when we are having intellectual discussion.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 06, 2014
owolabifunke14:
Hey! Don't call her names please, it is very wrong of you to call someone shitt brain when we are having intellectual discussion.
I was very vexed and for this I'm truly sorry to her. People just start saying things they don't know cos one or two people have said it or they read it on one blog or another.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics) / For How Long Can I Preserve Pap (ogi) ? / What Did You Cook Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.