Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,503 members, 7,816,196 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? (18536 Views)

Is This Animal Edible, Just Killed It In My Lodge / 17 Health Benefits Of Egg Plant (garden Egg) / Bush Meat Eaters: Do You Know The Kind Of Animal Behind The Bush Meat You Eat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 06, 2014
neoapocalypse:

You have shiite for brains , that space in your cranium is filled with nothing but shiite. You don't even get the argument , chai!! what is the basic composition of AA's ? and for the record I am not a nutritionist but an animal scientist and I did at least eight courses on animal nutrition ( monogastric and ruminant ) over a period of five years , excluding the various biochemistry courses I did. Oya furnish us with why plant protein is better than animal protein and don't pull stuff over the net dummb biitch.

Lol...I now understand your frustration.

Its one thing for Animal protein to be higher.. its another,to be healthy..In summary:

1) Animal proteins is not easily broken down by the human body..we put our bodies through a whole lot of unnecessary stress to get animal proteins digested and ingested.

2) Unlike CHO and Fats/Oils,excess protein(as usually present in animals) is not stored in the body. That's why I earlier pointed out,animal protein is better consumed by growing children since their bodies would readily use up proteins unlike the adult human body

3) In addition to proteins, animals also offer fat usually high in cholesterol as against their plant counterparts.

4) The likes of neoapocalypse would selfishly feed their innocent animals with all manners of growth and production hormones which in turn presents the animal products more toxic to the body..

As long as I'm concerned, for adults, its plant proteins over animals'
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by ArtanK(m): 3:52pm On Oct 06, 2014
Just a suggestion...

You should try Spirulina, it is like 65% protein. I usually mix Spirulina powder with homemade smoothies and cod liver oil.
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by fightforchange1(f): 8:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Fish...I dig dig dig....Tilapia!!!
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Bukkiminat(f): 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
delpharm:
MOST Animal Proteins are First class proteins which are high biological proteins containing all essential amino acids required in humans while SOME plant proteins e.g soya beans also contains all essential amino acids..

In case of Second class proteins which hv little biological value compared to First class proteins
lack some essential proteins and are MOSTLY comprises of plant proteins with LITTLE animal proteins

Last bullet: Plant proteins & Animal proteins are good for the body but shld be consumed moderatly coz of the Liver smiley

COS OF THE LIVER.....sire can u pls xpantiate on dt
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by delpharm(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2014
Bukkiminat:

the liver synthesize and degrades proteins generally ..Imagine Excess protein being synthesized by the liver.It will surely lead to liver malfunction cool
Bukkiminat:

the liver synthesize and degrades proteins generally ..Imagine Excess protein being synthesized by the liver.It will surely lead to liver malfunction
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by Bukkiminat(f): 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
delpharm:
the liver synthesize and degrades proteins generally ..Imagine Excess protein being synthesized by the liver.It will surely lead to liver malfunction cool the liver synthesize and degrades proteins generally ..Imagine Excess protein being synthesized by the liver.It will surely lead to liver malfunction

ok,tnx boss
Re: Which Is The Best Source Of Protein,animal Protein Or Plant Protein? by timowale: 5:09am On Nov 09, 2014
owolabifunke14:
This ur analogy get as e be, if am to borrow ur chronology, goats lives longer than dog and lion?
my analogy might not sound so literarily,but the point I am trying to make is animal proteins carries along with health risks.its been proven of most of them increase cholesterol level which is not good for the heart and quite a host of other reasons I shall post very soon

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Was Your Childhood Food Fantasy? (Pics) / For How Long Can I Preserve Pap (ogi) ? / What Did You Cook Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.