Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (44035 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:
@Eke thank you for joining this thread. I really don't know how an igbo man describes other Igbo dialects as bushy and unclassy. The right word i believe should be different and exotic.
Pls if you find any other prejudiced opinion here,do point it out.

Lol. Running behind his back to thank him for being objective whereas he did not support any views of yours at all. The same Abia man professed his love for Onicha-Enugu Igbo first and probably interjected somewhere in between his lines 'Owerri dialect' so as to not hurt an already insecure you. Then you rushed by his side to thank him as if he spoke in your favour. Nwa'akiri nwogbede. grin
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Now,don't feel like the smart ass down here.
When we say Igbo Izugbe, i mean the standard Igbo used as a literary medium in schools etc. This is the recognized Igbo dialect in Waec etc. We can say it was derived from Southern Igbo viz: Abia and Imo.
When we say NCI actors....i mean those actors from Northern axis. It is only right if these actors come into nollywood and adopt the dialect that is close to them.
When we say SCI actors.....i mean actors from the Southern axis. These actors are more inclined to use the Igbo dialect spoken in Southern Igbo urban areas.
How is this difficult to understand?
If you watch a movie like Princess Ekeoma done in English and Igbo. This movie had 99% of Southern actors. Mr Ibu was the only NI.
The rest of them flowed in SCI.
An Igbo movie on Africa magic now: NDI OGWU.
Actors: Charles Awurum(ST), Victor Osuagwu(ST), Queen Nwokoye(NT), Francis Odega(Anioma).
Apart from Francis, the rest of them used what is obtained in the South, while Queen used NI and Izugbe.
I don't know who legalized your dialect as default in nollywood. SMH! Your point has been countered, proven to be null,void and invalid.
That is what i have been explaining to you....NCI stick with whatever Northern dialect.
While SCI sticks to what is obtained in the South.
This is to show you that no actor in nollywood is forced/pushed/flogged/obligated/compelled to pick Your dialect or Mine or NCI or SCI. You speak what is familiar to you...as far as it falls into NCI or SCI.
Do you have a problem with those terms above?

You just mentioned one movie and suddenly it becomes the norm?

How about I flood this page with scores of movies purely in NCI? How would that make you feel?

When does 2 vs 50 suddenly invalidate the influence of the 50?

Nna eh...umuazhi nde e! cheesy
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Lol. Running behind his back to thank him for being objective whereas he did not support any views of yours at all. The same Abia man professed his love for Onicha-Enugu Igbo first and probably interjected somewhere in between his lines 'Owerri dialect' so as to not hurt an already insecure you. Then you rushed by his side to thank him as if he spoke in your favour. Nwa'akiri nwogbede. grin
You are so childish,you know.
He just made his contributions. Did i force him to write the dialects he loved?
Stop being pathetic and just let people air their opinions. You are the insecured one on this thread. Two opinion poll results have messed up your assertions, go and take several seats!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
Moreover Ndi Ogwu might be a dialect-specific movie representing a section of Igboland just like Ada Mbano or Nwa Abakaliki. I don't expect them to use any other dialect.

Asides dialect-specific movies, just as we also have in the Yoruba movie industries, general movies are done in NCI by default.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You just mentioned one movie and suddenly it becomes the norm?

How about I flood this page with scores of movies purely in NCI? How would that make you feel?

When does 2 vs 50 suddenly invalidate the influence of the 50?

Nna eh...umuazhi nde e! cheesy
i brought my example cos of your default nonesence. Those two examples are valid on this thread. Just accept it,your dialect is also over rated in nollywood.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Moreover Ndi Ogwu might be a dialect-specific movie representing a section of Igboland just like Ada Mbano or Nwa Abakaliki. I don't expect them to use any other dialect.

Asides dialect-specific movies, just as we also have in the Yoruba movie industries, general movies are done in NCI by default.
It is not a dialect specific movie my friend. You find it hard to believe that Southern actors don't use your dialect. There were other minor actors- NCI on the same movie but i already listed the principal cast and the dialect they spoke.
General Igbo movies don't use your default dialect,sorry. No body is willing to listen to that trash here!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Maybe you don't understand. Let me tell you.
This thread is soley based on the idea that Anambra is better and more special than other Igbos. Initially he listed random lies but he is sticking to two.
1. People pick up his dialect and it becomes special. It becomes the classiest and posh igbo dialect. The rest are bushy dialects. This is his reason:
''andnot be regarded as ajepako unlike compared to some concentrated Igbo dialects which when spoken Igbos around you will immediately regard you as 'bush person', i.e 'onye ime obodo''.
What exactly is the meaning of that nonesense? Is this not an unfavourable opinion formed before hand without thought and reason. Who in Igboland does not think highly of his dialect?
2. Nri makes him feel more royal than others.
If this is not delusion on the highest scale,then i don't know what it is.

This thread is about the question about why Anambra people feel special and not better than other Igbo.

@bold...I'm very well sure I referred to 'some' Igbo dialects and not all. I'm glad you quoted a portion of my post which buttresses my point. When has some suddenly become all?

Look at this boy. By the way, did you even grow up in Igboland at all to hear Igbo people refer to certain dialects as 'ime obodo'? Igbo people refer to dialects that are concentrated and not easily understood as 'ime obodo'. Don't you hear that at all? Maybe you didn't grow up in Igboland.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Radoillo's point of argument here was the Nri lordship which Odenigbo wielded. Read my introductory page I mentioned a second statement saying that mentioned some Igbo people originated from elsewhere.

@strikethrough...who cares where your mom is from? I don't even care. One thing is quite certain - you're not from Anambra. Radoillo and some other Anambra people might not want to join in the debate so as to not appear 'superior' or 'more special' to insecure people.

I'm still wondering what points you've even made on this thread other than running behind Ihuoma's back and liking his posts like a scared little girl. Since you said you're done with me I don't expect another banal reply from you. Of course you would, with some other irrelevant things totally extraneous to this topic of discussion.

lwkmd. hahaha.
I liked his post only once, 6th speculation!
Wish nl had the click on likes button, you will understand the futility of that point.
Yes u are right, I just can't help not replying how hilarious your assumptions always are.
keep them coming boy
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

i brought my example cos of your default nonesence. Those two examples are valid on this thread. Just accept it,your dialect is also over rated used in nollywood.

@bold. Corrected. smiley
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

lwkmd. hahaha.
I liked his post only once, 6th speculation!
Wish nl had the click on likes button, you will understand the futility of that point.
Yes u are right, I just can't help not replying how hilarious your assumptions always are.
keep them coming boy

LOL! Then run behind Ihuoma's back and watch from afar if you can no longer use your brain to contribute to this discussion! Ciao!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

This thread is about the question about why Anambra people feel special and not better than other Igbo.

@bold...I'm very well sure I referred to 'some' Igbo dialects and not all. I'm glad you quoted a portion of my post which buttresses my point. When has some suddenly become all?

Look at this boy. By the way, did you even grow up in Igboland at all to hear Igbo people refer to certain dialects as 'ime obodo'? Igbo people refer to dialects that are concentrated and not easily understood as 'ime obodo'. Don't you hear that at all? Maybe you didn't grow up in Igboland.
You are only twisting your foolishness. You generalize too much! You answer to Tokunbo was ridiculous in the first place. In your generalization , non anambra dialect is ime obodo dialect.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold. Corrected. smiley
Over rated. I taught you that southerners don't use it. You should say thank you. I saved you from messing up yourself in future.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

LOL! Then run behind Ihuoma's back and watch from afar if you can no longer use your brain to contribute to this discussion! Ciao!
how can you run behind somebody's back again?
you can only run behind sb or run at his back . Not behind his back.
Lol. funny francis
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 5:54pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Lol. funny francis
Lol....educated indeed!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

It is not a dialect specific movie by friend. You find it hard to believe that Southern actors don't use your dialect. There were other minor actors- NCI on the same movie but i already listed the principal cast and the dialect they spoke.
General Igbo movies don't use your default dialect,sorry. No body is willing to listen to that trash here!

The Ada Mbano movie was supposed to tell a story about a village and uncouth girl who left the village to visit the city, right? And on reaching the city she met and made friends who spoke a 'classier' and non-bushy dialect right? I'm sure you very well know that before movies are acted, stories are first written, and cast chosen. As part of deliberations, producers had to choose a dialect that best fits for a village girl and a dialect that best fits for the village girl's city friends. The movie producers could have easily picked any Anambra dialect to best fit Nwokoye's village girl role but they did not. Not to also think of the fact that after Ada Mbano, Ada Abakaliki, Nkoli Nwa Nsukka - movies with all similar storyline of a village girl going to the city, have all been acted yet none like Ada Nnewi or Ada Onicha.

If you watched Ada Mbano, you'd see that part where, on getting to the city and after being introduced to her roommates, one of Queen's roommates referred to Queen as 'onye ime obodo'/'okuko Igbo' and asked where she was brought out from.

Bro, it's not my making. That's what it is. The movie is a subtle example of what occurs in Igboland. Saving your face and trying to hide reality on a faceless forum is baseless.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 5:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Lol. funny francis

That was reiteration!

Now I repeat again, run behind his back!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol....educated indeed!
I kinda like the dude, poor boy
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The Ada Mbano movie was supposed to tell a story about a village and uncouth girl who left the village to visit the city, right? And on reaching the city she met and made friends who spoke a 'classier' and non-bushy dialect right? I'm sure you very well know that before movies are acted, stories are first written, and cast chosen. As part of deliberations, producers had to choose a dialect that best fits for a village girl and a dialect that best fits for the village girl's city friends. The movie producers could have easily picked any Anambra dialect to best fit Nwokoye's village girl role but they did not. Not to also think of the fact that after Ada Mbano, Ada Abakaliki, Nkoli Nwa Nsukka - movies with all similar storyline of a village girl going to the city, have all been acted yet none like Ada Nnewi or Ada Onicha.

If you watched Ada Mbano, you'd see that part where, on getting to the city and after being introduced to her roommates, one of Queen's roommates referred to Queen as 'onye ime obodo'/'okuko Igbo' and asked where she was brought out from.

Bro, it's not my making. That's what it is. The movie is a subtle example of what occurs in Igboland. Saving your face and trying to hide reality on a faceless forum is baseless.
Lol,so Ada mbano or perhaps Mbano dialect in your perception refers to ime obodo,bushy, unclassy? Lol,this is crazy.
Ada mbano was supposed to be a COMEDY movie. Any dialect would fit into the movie but they choose mbano. Film producers shoot movies for different reasons, which might be to promote their village or dialect.
You are the only one who watches Ada mbano and automatically thinks that mbano is bushy.
That is still your ndi ime obodo mentality. Ada Mbano or Ada Ngwa does not mean unclouth to a reasonable man. The character was unclassy not the dialect.
You can't accept the fact that this is a dialect specific movie. Mbano dialect does not suddenly acquire an ndi ime obodo status, except in your mind.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
Simple and short, anambra dialect alone cant sell a movie. anambra dialect might be easily discernible but not spectacular.
Mr Speculator should deal with that Lol.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,so Ada mbano or perhaps Mbano dialect in your perception refers to ime obodo,bushy, unclassy? Lol,this is crazy.
Ada mbano was supposed to be a COMEDY movie. Any dialect would fit into the movie but they choose mbano. Film producers shoot movies for different reasons.

Comedy yea but using any Anambra dialect would not have sufficed for Queen's role, right? wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Simple and short, anambra dialect alone cant sell a movie. anambra dialect might be easily discernible but not spectacular.
Mr Speculator should deal with that Lol.

Tryna use your brain finally right? grin
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Ada mbano was supposed to be a COMEDY movie. Any dialect would fit into the movie but they choose mbano. Film producers shoot movies for different reasons, which might be to promote their village or dialect.
You are the only one who watches Ada mbano and automatically thinks that mbano is bushy.
That is still your ndi ime obodo mentality. Ada Mbano or Ada Ngwa does not mean unclouth to a reasonable man. The character was unclassy not the dialect.

On facebook I had some Mbano indigenes voice complaints over the usage of Mbano dialect and how it portrays Mbano girls as bushy, callous, and uncouth (usage of otu ocha).
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Awww...that's so sweet! cheesy

But shhh...you're gonna get Ihuoma jealous and angry. shocked
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Comedy yea but using any Anambra dialect would not have sufficed for Queen's role, right? wink
You are only running around,displaying your stupidity.
I will ask you to wait for Ada Onitsha or Ada Njikoka to come out. Each of these ada movies are principally shoot as a comedy movie.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Tryna use your brain finally right? grin

how? what have I said differently?
Everybody in nollywood speaks what they learn while growing up.
and really, no movie was sold based on an anambra dialect, sorry.
drop that dialect nonsense, anambra dialect is too ordinary to wow anybody.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

I will ask you to wait for Ada Onitsha or Ada Njikoka to come out. Each of these ada movies are principally shoot as a comedy movie.

even of the setting of the ada Onitsha is in London, the storyline better be strong .
if not, njikoka or Onitsha dialect cant sell movie

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

On facebook I had some Mbano indigenes voice complaints over the usage of Mbano dialect and how it portrays Mbano girls as bushy, callous, and uncouth (usage of otu ocha).
And that makes it ndi obodo dialect and makes yours more special and better than mbano. Lol,this is pathetic.
You are yet to achieve a thing on this thread other than your dialect is up there and others are bushy.
Personal opinions vary. There are people that don't like your dialect. The polls speaks for itself.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

even of the setting of the ada Onitsha is in London, the storyline better be strong .
if not, njikoka or Onitsha dialect cant sell movie
Lol,pls say something other than this. I have destroyed your myopic insults to none anambras and Mbano is now your next topic.
Try something better....this is for that Myopic uneducated guy!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Mentally and psychologicaly poor!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol,pls say something other than this. I have destroyed your myopic insults to none anambras and Mbano is now your next topic.
Try something better.

I caught him earlier saying mbano is uncivilized but he denied it. check earlier pages. the guy ......
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 6:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I caught him earlier saying mbano is uncivilized but he denied it. check earlier pages. the guy ......
The post is there for all to see. Every other non anambra dialect is uncivilized in his crazed mind.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

I will ask you to wait for Ada Onitsha or Ada Njikoka to come out. Each of these ada movies are principally shoot shot as a comedy movie.

@bold...corrected. Ndi jelu akwuwo na-amaro basic present tense na past tense. grin

InyinyaAgbaOku as usual will play blind to that blatant error, in his partiality and fear of his elder sister, Ihuoma.

Ada Onitsha or Njikoka might be out later but not definitely in the storyline of an uncouth village person going to the city but in another story line.

Here's Ada Owerri for example which was acted and NCI mainly used and had totally nothing to do with Owerri.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8lERKr3L24

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (21) (Reply)

Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.