Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43750 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Lol. From Dialect to English, keep jumping around. Now,i know you are tired and exhausted your points. Stick to the topic or continue making noise. Onye Apari.

Of course i'm sticking to the topic as I've done before:

Anambra Igbo still remains the easiest to understand, critical in Nollywood, default used in Nollywood Igbo movies, easily spoken by southerners etc. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Please don't talk about Anambra people. It would only make some people here feel more threatened. I'm glad you acknowledge their role and importance in Igboland.
You have finaly admitted you have a comprehension problem. No one has stated or denied the role of Anambras...people are only interested in what you feel make them more superior and special than others?
You are still begging the question.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Of course i'm sticking to the topic as I've done before:

Anambra Igbo still remains the easiest to understand, critical in Nollywood, default used in Nollywood Igbo movies, easily spoken by southerners etc. wink

lol,how many times will i trash your dialect default nonesense. You have suddenly gone back to dialect. Lol, i was not expecting something different though.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eke40seven:
Please, let us stop our personal attack and project the thread positively in an intellectual manner. I conceive you guys as the scholarly type. Why not bring it to bear in promoting our uniqueness.
Here is what I would have done if I felt someone was extolling the specialness of their clan at the expense of my people or others, I will come up with a more intellectually and irrefutably valid point of my own, paint a better picture of my own far above what the other could ever muster to pen down.
At the end of the day, maliciously tainting the image of any Igbo tribe only reduces the respect for the whole.
When an outsider hears Clifford Orji, IGBO comes first and region bears no consequence in shaping their opinion, so also is the situation when they hear Chukwuemeka Soludo.
This thread is becoming boring as the attacks are becoming so routine. My intention to give my account of Anambarans have been defeated by the greater need to resolve this ongoing online mêlée.

Your points and contributions to this thread have been positive and helpful. Your contributions have been scholarly.
For the benefits of this thread, I enjoin you to keep your posts coming, reflective of your experiences in Igboland.

At the end of the day, anyi ncha bu ofu! wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eke40seven:
Please, let us stop our personal attack and project the thread positively in an intellectual manner. I conceive you guys as the scholarly type. Why not bring it to bear in promoting our uniqueness.
Here is what I would have done if I felt someone was extolling the specialness of their clan at the expense of my people or others, I will come up with a more intellectually and irrefutably valid point of my own, paint a better picture of my own far above what the other could ever muster to pen down.
At the end of the day, maliciously tainting the image of any Igbo tribe only reduces the respect for the whole.
When an outsider hears Clifford Orji, IGBO comes first and region bears no consequence in shaping their opinion, so also is the situation when they hear Chukwuemeka Soludo.
This thread is becoming boring as the attacks are becoming so routine. My intention to give my account of Anambarans have been defeated by the greater need to resolve this ongoing online mêlée.
At least,you agree that he started wrongly and ended up making a fool of himself. In his perception,every other igbo state is below Anambra because of a few irrational points he managed to throw up.
I don't think am against people extolling their respective states,but to lord it over others and feel you have more reasons to feel superior is myopic and unintellctual.
I believe that whatever stuff you are going to share with us ,will only give credence to the fact that Anambra has contributed its own bit to Igbo land not forgetting that Imo has equally done the same. I don't expect any intellctual or modern igbo man to interprete contributions/ achievements/uniqueness as more prestigious, deserving more respect, and more superior than others.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

At least,you agree that he started wrongly and ended up making a fool of himself. In his perception,every other igbo state is below Anambra because of a few irrational points he managed to throw up.
I don't think am against people extolling their respective states,but to lord it over others and feel you have more reasons to feel superior is myopic and unintellctual.

How have I lorded my state over you? Physically? Spiritually? How did I do it such that it affects your living? If not why the backbiting? If you're not against people extolling their own state why did you just not ignore my post but rather found it important to engage my attention?

I've asked you before, am I not entitled to my opinions? You had the option of ignoring my post and moving on yet you chose to wander on in an argument. Why?

Don't be a hypocrite. Claiming you don't have a problem with people extolling their states when you actually do and feel enormously threatened by someone's opinion.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Do you even know what lording oneself over another even means, to begin with?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Are you starting this argument all over again? Are you playing ignorant to the fact that Nollywood wouldn't be where it is today if not for early-time Igbo movies in NCI that brought Nollywood to limelight before the switch to English was made? I realize you barely know the history of Nollywood to know that Nollywood today started off as an Igbo movie industry, shooting early-time movies like Ahanna, Rattlesnake, Nneka the pretty serpent, blood money etc all in NCI until the straw that broke the camel's back - Living in bondage, acted in NCI and shot on location in Onicha that sold massively beyond Igboland and all over Nigeria. This film started gathering the attention of the country to Igbo movies and in order to meet up with the new-found demand, movie producers decided to switch to English to accommodate everyone, including non-Igbo actors and movie viewers alike and, most importantly, to capture a wider viewing audience for their movies. This is why the English-speaing section of Nollywood is described as Igbo-dominated because it was started initally and run by Igbo actors who initally spoke Igbo but now speak English mostly. This will hurt but I have to say it, 'Anambra people and dialect was very critical in the beginnings and success of Nollywood and till today'.

Many Igbo movies made in NCI sold in 2012 and 2013. Movies such as Ajum Ikwa Iko, Onye Eze, Nnem Onye Olu, Emeka Orimili Atata, and what have you. That you're grossly ignorant of the existence of these movies doesn't mean they are there. They indeed sold numbers.

those movies were not popular due to NCI dialect but storylines.
mbok!

onye eze had oauofia as lead actor, he doesn't speak anambra
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

those movies were not popular due to NCI dialect but storylines.
mbok!

onye eze had oauofia as lead actor, he doesn't speak anambra

That's your opinion. You're entitled to it.

Osuofia is from Enugu state (Ezeagu or so) but he spoke fluent NCI in the movie.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

How have I lorded my state over you? Physically? Spiritually? How did I do it such that it affects your living? If not why the backbiting? If you're not against people extolling their own state why did you just not ignore my post but rather found it important to engage my attention?

I've asked you before, am I not entitled to my opinions? You had the option of ignoring my post and moving on yet you chose to wander on in an argument. Why?

Don't be a hypocrite. Claiming you don't have a problem with people extolling their states when you actually do and feel enormously threatened by someone's opinion.
I was not talking to you. You have no chill. If my dialect is more superior, Nri bu isi igbo, or ndi ozo bu ndi ime obodo and people are in awe of me does not mean Anambra is better and classier than others,then you have no reason to actually respond with that. You felt you were extolling your state,but you ended up mocking others. You bruised ego wouldn't let you see the truth.
You just wanted people to notice it...and i noticed the foolisheness and egotism in it.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

I was not talking to you. You have no chill. If my dialect is more superior, Nri bu isi igbo, or ndi ozo bu ndi ime obodo and people are in awe of me does not mean Anambra is better and classier than others,then you have no reason to actually respond with that. You felt you were extolling your state,but you ended up mocking others. You bruised ego wouldn't let you see the truth.
You just wanted people to notice it...and i noticed the foolisheness and egotism in it.

This does not still answer my question. You're only beating around the bush and dodged answering my question.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Osuofia is from Enugu state (Ezeagu) or so but he spoke fluent NCI in the movie.

osuofia is from UDI.
but u are making it look like its anambra dialect, u even emboldened it in your post.
And once again, dialects didn't sell them .
Anytime, ada mbano is mentioned, people start:
lekwa ya, otu ocha, etc .
No NCI film has that effect. Am from NCI stock by the way
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Osuofia is from Enugu state (Ezeagu or so) but he spoke fluent NCI in the movie.
What is my business with someone from Enugu state.
I submitted the facts and showed you examples from Southern actors. I trashed your belief that your dialect is the default dialect.
Just give up,this one is too old.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

osuofia is from UDI.
but u are making it look like its anambra dialect, u even emboldened it in your post.
And once again, dialects didn't sell them .
Anytime, ada mbano is mentioned, people start:
lekwa ya, otu ocha, etc .
No NCI film has that effect. Am from NCI stock by the way

Udi dialect is quite different from mainstream Anambra(Onitsha). My mom's from Enugu state, close to Udi, and I know how their dialects sound.

Anytime Nneka the Pretty Serpent is mentioned, people start: 'Tony nee m anya na mkpulu anya'.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

This does not still answer my question. You're only beating around the bush and dodged answering my question.
Every one has pointed it out to you that your initial post tried to emphasize the superiority of your people. Even other Anambras confirmed how ridiculous it was.
Which other moronic and ignorant question do you want answered?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

What is my business with someone from Enugu state.
I submitted the facts and showed you examples from Southern actors. I trashed your belief that your dialect is the default dialect.
Just give up,this one is too old.

You just stated your opinion but like I told you I am still entitled to mine. You mentioned barely 2 films of SCI and I gave you over 10 of NCI which backs my statement. And you're praising yourself claiming unnecessary self-appriasal.

Moreover I wasn't replying you by the way.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Udi dialect is quite different from mainstream Anambra(Onitsha). My mom's from Enugu state, close to Udi, and I know how their dialects sound.

Anytime Nneka the Pretty Serpent is mentioned, people start: 'Tony nee m anya na mkpulu anya'.
I have trashed this. Ndidi Obi is an 'NCI actor, i thought had better points.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:36pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

that sentence has meaning. its not about its dialect, it couldn't have wowed people more than Lee mu anya na mkpuru anya .
but when meaningless words as lekwa ya start making waves with the intonation in addition, then you will see its the dialect.
Francis, stop arguing this thing nah, every Igbo person liked imo dialects
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Every one has pointed it out to you that your initial post tried to emphasize the superiority of your people. Even other Anambras confirmed how ridiculous it was.

Which other Anambrarians? Radoillo simply corrected Odenigbo's Nri lordship which I never wielded by the way and left. Chinenye is from Abia state. Who else is the Anambra state person?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:38pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You just stated your opinion but like I told you I am still entitled to mine. You mentioned barely 2 films of SCI and I gave you over 10 of NCI which backs my statement. And you're praising yourself claiming unnecessary self-appriasal.

Moreover I wasn't replying you by the way.
Your socalled NCI movies are acted with majority of NCI people. This is an old trashed topic, am not surprised you can't think of something better. You can't take corrections neither can you take criticisms. Uburu okuko.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

that sentence has meaning. its not about its dialect, it couldn't have wowed people more than Lee mu anya na mkpuru anya .
but when meaningless words as lekwa ya start making waves with the intonation in addition, then you will see its the dialect.
Francis, stop arguing this thing nah, every Igbo person liked imo dialects

The same storyline you claimed that sold early time Igbo movies but yet denied that storyline sold Ada Mbano, Ada Abakaliki, Baby Oku in America, Osuofia in London etc. You must be living in self-denial to constantly change stances each time it doesn't suit you.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Your socalled NCI movies are acted with majority of NCI people. This is an old trashed topic, am not surprised you can't think of something better. You can't take corrections neither can you take criticisms. Uburu okuko.

How many SCI movies do you have compared to NCI?

At the end of the day which is greater in number? NCI? What does that tell you? LOL
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Which other Anambrarians? Radoillo simply corrected Odenigbo's Nri lordship which I never wielded by the way and left. Chinenye is from Abia state. Who else is the Anambra state person?

Radillo and Chinenye trashed your socalled Nri superiority. Eke pointed that you had swallow points. The other non Anambra are on the front page,am not surprised you did not notice it cos everyone that refutes your opinion is a hater and must come from the South.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

How many SCI movies do you have compared to NCI?

At the end of the day which is greater in number? NCI? What does that tell you? LOL
That NCI use what is avaliable to them,and SCI featuring in any movie use what is obtainable in the South.
Let this be the last time i will trash your dialectal superiority nonesense on this thread. You just can't reason at all and that is a problem.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Radillo and Chinenye trashed your socalled Nri superiority. Eke pointed that you had swallow points. The other non Anambra are on the front page,am not surprised you did not notice it cos everyone that refutes your opinion is a hater and must come from the South.

Like I told you I never claimed Nri superiority. Read my first post. Odenigbo did. Quit attributing that to me. Radoillo or Chinenye never called me out specifically on that, all their quotes were Odenigbo's. Are you too blind to see that?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The same storyline you claimed that sold early time Igbo movies but yet denied that storyline sold Ada Mbano, Ada Abakaliki, Baby Oku in America, Osuofia in London etc. You must be living in self-denial to constantly change stances each time it doesn't suit you.

so, if they leave you, osuofia in London sold on anambra dialect? baby oku and osuofia in london are English movies nah. baby oku doesn't have a good storyline sef, mj is just a good actress. trashy film , stop mentioning it.
Believe it or not, ada mbano n abakiliki had poorer storylines than the legendary movies you kept mentioning.
Anambra dialect is even too ordinary .it can't sell anything whether a village movie or a movie set in chicago
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

That NCI use what is avaliable to them,and SCI featuring in any movie use what is obtainable in the South.
Let this be the last time i will trash your dialectal superiority nonesense on this thread. You just can't reason at all and that is a problem.

SCI movies wouldn't sell as much as NCI movies. Even the so-called Ada Mbano movie had only Queen Okoye and her family members speaking non-NCI. Her friends in the movie, the general Igbo spoken was NCI. Basic fact still untrashed.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Like I told you I never claimed Nri superiority. Read my first post. Odenigbo did. Quit attributing that to me. Radoillo or Chinenye never called me out specifically on that, all their quotes were Odenigbo's. Are you too blind to see that?

Nri was your second reason immediately after dialect. Why are you running away from it? Other people hear Anambra/Nri and begin to tremble before you.
I repeat who send Nri? Lol

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

so, if they leave you, osuofia in London sold on anambra dialect? baby oku and osuofia in london are English movies nah. baby oku doesn't have a good storyline sef, mj is just a good actress. trashy film , stop mentioning it.
Believe it or not, ada mbano n abakiliki had poorer storylines than the legendary movies you kept mentioning.
Anambra dialect is even too ordinary .it can't sell anything whether a village movie or a movie set in chicago

Yea...That's your opinion. You're entitled to it anyway. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 10:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I thought anybody that opposes any point on anambra hates the state? does radiollo now hate anambra?
anambra is an artificial creation thus:
pazienza said sth of note in a thread :
.......... I disagree with you. Anambra is but an
artificial creation,not long ago,izzi and
ezza people were anambrarians too.
The difference between idemili dialect and
ekwulobia dialect is as big as that
between idemili and other igbo tribes.
When most people say anambra
language,they mean those dialects spoken
in idenmili, njikoka,anaocha,dunukofia
plus onitsha, and not those dialects
spoken in anambra south that sounds
quite harsh,nasal and closer to what is
obtainable in imo and abia.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Nri was your second reason immediately after dialect. Why are you running away from it? Other people hear Anambra/Nri and begin to tremble before you.
I repeat who send Nri? Lol

Tokunbo gave you a similar example with why people from Ife feel special because Ife's the cradle of Yoruba race not exactly because they are superior to anyone in Yoruba land. Exactly the same thing going on here. So what then is your problem?

I feel special, not superior, because I'm from Nri. So what? Why should it affect you how I feel?

The Tokunbo person you're fighting so hard to convince left her closing remarks and has long left.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.