Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,763 members, 7,831,451 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43999 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
It is indeed pathetic when insecure people roaming this forum decide to overstretch an argument needlessly because they feel hurt by someone's opinion when they could have simply looked the other way round. Below is a post made by an objective southerner who did not take offence at a post meant to be didacting,

cheruv:

I agree with you...Anambra is meant to be the light of the Igbo nation. anything that brings succour to Igbos most likely has to be from there.
am an abian who has an imolite mum and also I live in owerri so am quite familiar with her claims. the only part I disagree is the superiority part and as per royalty, the only royal Igbos are those from the house of Eri..hope to marry someone from there too wink

I'm glad the argument is over and the losers have acknowledged their humiliating defeat. In win-loss situations like this, the winner goes home with his beliefs still intact and the loser with a massively bruised ego.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 8:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

All my points still hold water. Anamba remains the most preferred dialect my non-Igbo, no doubt. My experience taught me so. It's more used in Nollywood Igbo movies than any other dialect. The dialect was critical in propelling Nollywood to where it is now (Living in bondage shot in NCI and in Onicha town) before the switch to English was made. Non-Anambra Igbo girls desire to marry Anambra men though many don't end up doing so. The dialect is rarely represented in movies as lacking class or of 'interior'. Nri in Anambra state is the progenitor of some Igbo clans. I mean which Igbo person doesn't know all these.

I'm still very much surprised you didn't counter the part that says most high-profile Igbo indigenes tend to come from Anambra, or tell me you didn't 'see' that part of my post? wink

Listen son, you seem to be deluded. Imo/Abia are in no way in awe of you people. Many of us have been told quite categorically NEVER to marry someone from Anambra because they do not make good wives/husbands. We may speak a similar language but believe you me most Imo/Abia people do not feel any kinship with Anambra people. We are just not the same people! You guys flow better with Delta and Benin people because you share cultural and blood relationship with them. We just don't feel you people.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 8:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:
It is indeed pathetic when insecure people roaming this forum decide to overstretch an argument needlessly because they feel hurt by someone's opinion when they could have simply looked the other way round. Below is a post made by an objective southerner who did not take offence at a post meant to be didacting,

I'm glad the argument is over and the losers have acknowledged their humiliating defeat. In win-loss situations like this, the winner goes home with his beliefs still intact and the loser with a massively bruised ego.
Bruised ego,loser and insecure actually describes you and your defeated opinion. You are the only anambra person going on and on about your socalled dialect. You roamed around and pasted a random poll which was did not favour you in the first place. It is either about Nri or dialect...how does it make you more special. You still can't supply a reasonable answer. You intentionaly moved to English skills to make fun of others.
At the end of the day, you were obviously humiliated by reasonable results and opinion. You are a sore loser.
If you were reasonable enough,you could have read Eke's post objectively but you felt he was not supporting your nasty opinion,so you totally ignored it.
You have not made any reasonable contribution,neither can you give a good account of your specialness.
P.s You were the first to roam and post a link. Fool.
That your copy and paste stuff is not more relevant than mine. I posted mine to show you that Anambras don't really behave and think like you. You must be a fake irrational anambra.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Lol. Was I talking to you? I wasn't referring to anybody and you hijacked my post. O dikwa egwu! wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
adusim:

Listen son, you seem to be deluded. Imo/Abia are in no way in awe of you people. Many of us have been told quite categorically NEVER to marry someone from Anambra because they do not make good wives/husbands. We may speak a similar language but believe you me most Imo/Abia people do not feel any kinship with Anambra people. We are just not the same people! You guys flow better with Delta and Benin people because you share cultural and blood relationship with them. We just don't feel you people.

Like I said, do not generalize for anybody. The current VC of IMSU's son (Imo) recently married from Anambra state. That's love reigning in place of hate. wink

This is what your fellow also had to say:

cheruv:

I agree with you...Anambra is meant to be the light of the Igbo nation. anything that brings succour to Igbos most likely has to be from there.
am an abian who has an imolite mum and also I live in owerri so am quite familiar with her claims. the only part I disagree is the superiority part and as per royalty, the only royal Igbos are those from the house of Eri..hope to marry someone from there too wink

Definitely, you're the one who's hating. Don't drag every southerner to your lowly low-state of mentality and reasoning. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Eke40seven(m): 8:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
I think we all should respect and embrace the diversity inherent in our language, and learn one or two things from it. I remember, during my NYSC days in Delta, we had quite a number of Igbos in my LGA all from different tribes. Then, an Anambaran who grew up in Onitsha will moan about his wishes to speak in the ‘scholarly and ‘central’ smoothness of one Umuahian who was raised in Aba, while I admirably try to master some of his own words and Anambaran flows. Invariably, three of us will try to mimic the structures of the Owerri dialect of two female corpers in our midst in order to woo and impress them in our jovial manner. However, they generally marvel at the exoticness of mine when I jam mine together with all the dialects and will further be amused and held aback when I speak with a family member on the phone. Most times, I had to compromise and tone down my dialect when speaking with them because mine is a bit more exotic but that doesn’t make mine more “bushy’, as matter of fact, I have never stayed in a ‘village’ for more than 2 weeks at a stretch and the frequencies are very far in between.

All major languages of the world has dialects and the degree to which a particular dialect diverges from the ‘standard ‘ or popularly used language does not in any way proves the inferiority, superiority or even the pureness of the language in terms of origin, although it may be in terms of modern standardization. I will use some points and valid examples to buttress my points. I must admit that some of the points have been erroneously raised or used in the wrong context.

For instance, someone raised the issue of Germany in drawing parallel to the Igbo situation and am going to use that and more to raise further points. Germany is an ethnic group like the Igbos too but with different tribes and regional dialects. Germany as a country is not equal to German in the true sense of the word. The German ethnic group has clans and had been divided into kingdoms for centuries. Ethnic Germans comprises those in Germany, Austrians, Switzerland (Over 55%), Liechtenstein, and some parts of Luxembourg with other minorities in other countries. The dialects differ from place to place. Although in each of these countries the standard German may differ.

Let me face Germany alone to make my explanation clearer. Just like in the old kingdoms, Germans recognize themselves by regions, e.g, Bavarian, Hamburger, Berliner etc. they pride themselves in their competitiveness and so is their regional accent, which differs and sometimes hardly intelligible. Now, the standard German spoken is the unifying factor and one expected of everyone. However, the written version quite differs from the colloquial version because of accent. Now, this is where my point will come in.
Bavarian is regarded as the hardest and weirdest accent and some people will laugh at their heavy tones, while Hannover is where they speak the clearest, most ‘accentless’ and ‘purest’ form of Standard German. In order words, if you are looking for a ‘posh’ German taught in school and spoken by the educated Hannover is where it is spoken. If you are a broadcaster on TV or you are speaking to an audience, Hannover is the accent to use. This doesn’t mean however that the origin of the real German language came from Hannover, in fact, far from it. However, when it comes to the perception of who is more German, that is another case. In fact, Bavaria is one of the most wealthiest and economic vibrant state in Germany and traditionally they look down on other German as less German and generally poorer and less industrial. In the eyes of the world, Bavaria is Germany both in terms of their culture and the wealth which they possess and others will actually frown at this ‘false’ external perception. Despite the use of standard German, you can always be pointed out as different from your accent. Now, who would you regard as more German?

In the case of Italy, you would associate the ‘’greatest’ people historically in the country as Romans, from Rome, however, the spoken standard Italian language is from Florence, Tuscany and that is where you will get the clearest Italian accent. Theirs was adopted because it was the home of Italian Renaissance and literature. Now, the fact that someone has to learn Florentine in order to sound educated and posh in a country full of accent and dialects doesn’t mean that people from Florence are more educated or better than people from Milan and Turin or even Rome and it doesn’t make them less Italian and vice versa.
However, the influence of standard Igbo may not be far reaching as it is in this two countries I mentioned because they already have an official language which is more widely used and promoted in media and government and education as against what is obtainable here where your regional accents is already competing with English before even considering how the standard Igbo sounds or look like but we can draw some parallels in order to get a better insight into the debate on this thread.

I would rather we dispense our energy analyzing and extoling our diversities and strength while also pointed out our areas of weakness in a reflective manner in order to improve and make the Igbo Nation stronger.

Since the subject of debate here is the ‘superiority’ of the Anambarans, a term which is NEVER appropriate in any sense when referring to a people from same or similar stock especially not from someone who visited the four walls of a school. We should rather project their strengths while also drawing the parallels with our own origin. The comments and opinion will be more matured and objective that way.
P.s. Forgive me if my write up fails to flow in a literal style, as I have been typing with a phone. My next series of comments will be on the strengths of Anambarans as a people based on my interactions with the ones I know and what I feel my kinsmen can learn from them and also areas I feel they should improve upon.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

trust me, without the dialect, the movie would have been a goner.
Mention one movie anambra dialect sold?
baby oku and osuofia in London were even English spoken, no Igbo said in those movies is anambrarian. we are talking igbo spoken movies .
your dialect is too ordinary
And to think you are placing the acceptability of baby oku side by side with that of ada mbano .....
laughable. the only thing that sold the movie to people that bothered is Mercy's wonderful role interpretation. dialect kwa?

Are you starting this argument all over again? Are you playing ignorant to the fact that Nollywood wouldn't be where it is today if not for early-time Igbo movies in NCI that brought Nollywood to limelight before the switch to English was made? I realize you barely know the history of Nollywood to know that Nollywood today started off as an Igbo movie industry, shooting early-time movies like Ahanna, Rattlesnake, Nneka the pretty serpent, blood money etc all in NCI until the straw that broke the camel's back - Living in bondage, acted in NCI and shot on location in Onicha that sold massively beyond Igboland and all over Nigeria. This film started gathering the attention of the country to Igbo movies and in order to meet up with the new-found demand, movie producers decided to switch to English to accommodate everyone, including non-Igbo actors and movie viewers alike and, most importantly, to capture a wider viewing audience for their movies. This is why the English-speaing section of Nollywood is described as Igbo-dominated because it was started initally and run by Igbo actors who initally spoke Igbo but now speak English mostly. This will hurt but I have to say it, 'Anambra people and dialect were very critical in the beginnings and success of Nollywood and till today'.

Many Igbo movies made in NCI sold in 2012 and 2013. Movies such as Ajum Ikwa Iko, Onye Eze, Nnem Onye Olu, Emeka Orimili Atata, and what have you. That you're grossly ignorant of the existence of these movies doesn't mean they are not there. They indeed sold numbers.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 8:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:
Lol. Was I talking to you? I wasn't referring to anybody and you hijacked my post. O dikwa egwu! wink

You know what I have come to realise about you people (Anambra): you are all very immature, childish and jealous. All this stupid nonsense about Nri is a joke. For instance, my people from Awo Omamma are from Awo Idemili and have no connection whatsoever with Nri, Aguleri or any other Anambra town. We are very much different people from you guys. But we are all Nigerians! wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:39pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eke40seven:
I think we all should respect and embrace the diversity inherent in our language, and learn one or two things from it. I remember, during my NYSC days in Delta, we had quite a number of Igbos in my LGA all from different tribes. Then, an Anambaran who grew up in Onitsha will moan about his wishes to speak in the ‘scholarly and ‘central’ smoothness of one Umuahian who was raised in Aba, while I admirably try to master some of his own words and Anambaran flows. Invariably, three of us will try to mimic the structures of the Owerri dialect of two female corpers in our midst in order to woo and impress them in our jovial manner. However, they generally marvel at the exoticness of mine when I jam mine together with all the dialects and will further be amused and held aback when I speak with a family member on the phone. Most times, I had to compromise and tone down my dialect when speaking with them because mine is a bit more exotic but that doesn’t make mine more “bushy’, as matter of fact, I have never stayed in a ‘village’ for more than 2 weeks at a stretch and the frequencies are very far in between.
All major languages of the world has dialects and the degree to which a particular dialect diverges from the ‘standard ‘ or popularly used language does not in any way proves the inferiority, superiority or even the pureness of the language in terms of origin, although it may be in terms of modern standardization. I will use some points and valid examples to buttress my points. I must admit that some of the points have been erroneously raised or used in the wrong context.
For instance, someone raised the issue of Germany in drawing parallel to the Igbo situation and am going to use that and more to raise further points. Germany is an ethnic group like the Igbos too but with different tribes and regional dialects. Germany as a country is not equal to German in the true sense of the word. The German ethnic group has clans and had been divided into kingdoms for centuries. Ethnic Germans comprises those in Germany, Austrians, Switzerland (Over 55%), Liechtenstein, and some parts of Luxembourg with other minorities in other countries. The dialects differ from place to place. Although in each of these countries the standard German may differ.
Let me face Germany alone to make my explanation clearer. Just like in the old kingdoms, Germans recognize themselves by regions, e.g, Bavarian, Hamburger, Berliner etc. they pride themselves in their competitiveness and so is their regional accent, which differs and sometimes hardly intelligible. Now, the standard German spoken is the unifying factor and one expected of everyone. However, the written version quite differs from the colloquial version because of accent. Now, this is where my point will come in.
Bavarian is regarded as the hardest and weirdest accent and some people will laugh at their heavy tones, while Hannover is where they speak the clearest, most ‘accentless’ and ‘purest’ form of Standard German. In order words, if you are looking for a ‘posh’ German taught in school and spoken by the educated Hannover is where it is spoken. If you are a broadcaster on TV or you are speaking to an audience, Hannover is the accent to use. This doesn’t mean however that the origin of the real German language came from Hannover, in fact, far from it. However, when it comes to the perception of who is more German, that is another case. In fact, Bavaria is one of the most wealthiest and economic vibrant state in Germany and traditionally they look down on other German as less German and generally poorer and less industrial. In the eyes of the world, Bavaria is Germany both in terms of their culture and the wealth which they possess and others will actually frown at this ‘false’ external perception. Despite the use of standard German, you can always be pointed out as different from your accent. Now, who would you regard as more German?
In the case of Italy, you would associate the ‘’greatest’ people historically in the country as Romans, from Rome, however, the spoken standard Italian language is from Florence, Tuscany and that is where you will get the clearest Italian accent. Theirs was adopted because it was the home of Italian Reinsurance and literature. Now, the fact that someone has to learn Florentine in order to sound educated and posh in a country full of accent and dialects doesn’t mean that people from Florence are more educated or better than people from Milan and Turin or even Rome and it doesn’t make them less Italian and vice versa.
However, the influence of standard Igbo may not be far reaching as it is in this two countries I mentioned because they already have an official language which is more widely used and promoted in media and government and education as against what is obtainable here where your regional accents is already competing with English before even considering how the standard Igbo sounds or look like but we can draw some parallels in order to get a better insight into the debate on this thread.
I would rather we dispense our energy analyzing and extoling our diversities and strength while also pointed out our areas of weakness in a reflective manner in order to improve and make the Igbo Nation stronger.
Since the subject of debate here is the ‘superiority’ of the Anambarans, a term which is never appropriate in any sense when referring to a people from same or similar stock, we should rather project their strengths while also drawing the parallels with our own origin. The comments and opinion will be more matured and objective that way.
P.s. Forgive me if my write up fails to flow in a literal style, as I have been typing with a phone. My next series of comments will be on the strengths of Anambarans as a people based on my interactions with the ones I know and what I feel my kinsmen can learn from them and also areas I feel they should improve upon.

Thank you for your post. You know the 'ime obodo' thing is rampant in Igboland and not of my own making you know. I gave an example using the Ada Mbano movie when Queen's city girlfriends referred to her as 'onye ime obodo' or 'okuko igbo' simply because of her ways and the heavy dialect that she spoke. Anybody who grew up in the village is referred to as 'onye ime obodo' in Igboland. It is surprising when somebody who claims to be Igbo knows this but chooses to attack me for repeating something that's well common in Igboland. It's pathetic.

@bold...i'd be glad to have you write that out. That will help to set some facts here straight. Some people will rather choose to rather be delusional and in a state of denial than accept the truth out of ego.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
adusim:

You know what I have come to realise about you people (Anambra): you are all very immature, childish and jealous. All this stupid nonsense about Nri is a joke. For instance, my people from Awo Omamma are from Awo Idemili and have no connection whatsoever with Nri, Aguleri or any other Anambra town. We are very much different people from you guys. But we are all Nigerians! wink

Jealous of what? LOL!

You people are from Anambra. Nri begat some Igbo clans around her that might have begotten Awo Idemili. You never can know. wink

@bold...yes. That's true. And I don't doubt that. Especially in mannersims, behaviour and outlook on life.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Jealous of what? LOL!

You people are from Anambra. Nri begat some Igbo clans around her that might have begotten Awo Idemili. You never can know. wink

@bold...yes. That's true. And I don't doubt that. Especially in mannersims, behaviour and outlook on life.

My friend stop lying. We are from Imo State and have nothing to do with Anambra. Where do you get that from?!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 8:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Eke, thank you for addressing the myopic one on this thread.
I saw how silly and ridiculous this thread was and i strongly condemned it. What was the meaning of that response to Tokunbo. If he had stated their strenght without strongly making fun of others by using Bushy dialects, nri bu isi igbo or people showing him better attention, then it would have been more understandable. But he casually went out of his way to state that other Igbos were in awe of him cos of some subjective reasons.
As diversed as Igbo land is, i take an exception to the use of unclassy for non anambra igbo dialect. The funny thing is that he insists they are ime obodo cos it doesn't sound right to him....
I have always stressed that All Igbo states have their peculiarites and flaws. But he insists he comes from a special state and the other states are obviously below his.
That is sad...for a modern Igbo man indeed!
The main reason for dragging this thread as a result of his inability to see that he started off on the wrong foot. The only thing he can do is just to drag this thread, quote people, make fun of others cos he can't accept corrections and defeats not even from your point of view. All egocentric idiots can't take humiliation well.
If you are going to open up his eyes to see Anambra's unique strenghts,which he can't figure out. Then that will actually make him a fool.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Bruised ego,loser and insecure actually describes you and your defeated opinion. You are the only anambra person going on and on about your socalled dialect. You roamed around and pasted a random poll which was did not favour you in the first place. It is either about Nri or dialect...how does it make you more special. You still can't supply a reasonable answer. You intentionaly moved to English skills to make fun of others.
At the end of the day, you were obviously humiliated by reasonable results and opinion. You are a sore loser.
If you were reasonable enough,you could have read Eke's post objectively but you felt he was not supporting your nasty opinion,so you totally ignored it.
You have not made any reasonable contribution,neither can you give a good account of your specialness specialty.
P.s You were the first to roam and post a link. Fool.
That your copy and paste stuff is not more relevant than mine. I posted mine to show you that Anambras don't really behave and think like you. You must be a fake irrational anambra fake irrational anambrarian.

@bold1...corrected.

@bold2...corrected. Thank me later. wink

I have to correct every single post of yours to have your points made. Corrections coming from a so-called uneducated Anambra trader.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 8:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
adusim:

My friend stop lying. We are from Imo State and have nothing to do with Anambra. Where do you get that from?!

Awo Idemili, not Idemmiri. The last time I checked, mili is used in Anambra to refer to 'water' and I'm sure no where in Imo land uses that.

That should ring a bell to you. wink

#I'm quite sure you wouldn't see the sarcasm in my post.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold1...corrected.

I have to correct every single post of yours to have your points made. Coming from a so-called uneducated Anambra trader.
You are a loser. Look for the person that called you an omata trader on this thread. I don't actually expect any valid or reasonable comment/post from you.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
I guess someone is really going home with some cherished and proper English lessons!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold1...corrected.

I have to correct every single post of yours to have your points made. Corrections coming from a so-called uneducated Anambra trader.
Besides,this is not a term paper,there no set English/Igbo term for any post. There is no default term or writing style on this thread. So one does not need to stick to any convention or even yours for that matter.
People actually take corrections for a rational being not one that overexaggerates his worth. So you can cut out the English scrap!

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Besides,this is not a term paper,there no set English/Igbo term for any post. There is no default term or writing style on this thread. So one does not need to stick to any convention or even yours for that matter.
People actually take corrections for a rational being not one that overexaggerates his worth. So you can cut out the English scrap!

If I overexaggerate my worth, how does it affect you, this boy? Even if I praise my state and people, how does it affect you in your own house? Or you're actually going to sit behind your computer and dictate to me how I should talk about my own people?

O dikwa egwu!

Your poor use of English is ostentatiously depressing and abysmally irredemable beyond recovery.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

You are a loser. Look for the person that called you an omata trader on this thread. I don't actually expect any valid or reasonable comment/post from you.

If my posts aren't valid or reasonable to you, then why are you stuck on replay replying my every invalid post since morning? Yea I know. Your ego wouldn't just let you walk from this argument.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

If I overexaggerate my worth, how does it affect you, this boy? Even if I praise my state and people, how does it affect you in your own house? Or you're actually going to sit behind your computer and dictate to me how I should talk about my own people?

O dikwa egwu!

Your poor use of English is ostentatiously depressing and abysmally irredemable beyond recovery.
No extent of mockery will make you feel better on this thread. You have made a fool of yourself and people have pointed that out.
English is now your next point of call? Lol,i thought it was about dialect? Lol. Over exaggeration in this context means that your foolishness has been taken too far. You refuse to embrace criticisms,corrections even from people on a neutral stand. Onye Apari. You see how you are fighting and jumping all over this thread?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

If my posts aren't valid or reasonable to you, then why are you stuck on replay replying my every invalid post since morning? Yea I know. Your ego wouldn't just let you walk from this argument.

Your irrational points had to be corrected,period. It was purely egocentric.
You know your ego is keeping and sustaining you on this thread. The arguements ended a long time ago. I don't expect any other thing from you apart from noisemaking and mockery.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
@Eke, i believe we are waiting for your writeup. My premise has always been that all Igbo states have advanced the Igbo race. No state is more important than the other. Biafra stood for three years not because of the sole efforts of Anambras but because all igbo people joined hands to make it work. None is better or more superior than others. Unfortunately,some of us don't see it that way. They prefer to wallow in obnoxious reasoning. Am sorry for some igbos!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

No extent of mockery will make you feel better on this thread. You have made a fool of yourself and people have pointed that out.
English is now your next point of call? Lol,i thought it was about dialect? Lol. Over exaggeration in this context means that your foolishness has been taken too far. You refuse to embrace criticisms,corrections even from people on a neutral stand. Onye Apari. You see how you are fighting and jumping all over this thread?

Lol. Resorting to name calling is a typical characteristic of a bruised ego. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Your irrational points had to be corrected,period. It was purely egocentric.
You know your ego is keeping and sustaining you on this thread. The arguements ended a long time ago. I don't expect any other thing from you apart from noisemaking and mockery.

Yes it's all about English because you can't write or communicate any better in Igbo. Worse to think that you claimed you went to the university and yet you can barely make use of present and past tenses.

And you think you corrected any point? The last time I checked nothing was corrected and my beliefs are still in tact. You're the one with a bruised ego displaying it by calling of names. Remember I told you, you should approach Rayven to teach you how to call names better. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Lol. Resorting to name calling is a typical characteristic of a bruised ego. wink
Lol,i don't expect any other stuff from you....
If you like quote me from today till next year,you are only making up for your foolishness. Let me borrow your words, you are a ''bitter, deluded and insecure loser''
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
And yes, it's all about English because we're communicating in English therefore you should speak it properly. Otherwise, go into Igbo if you think you can write it properly which I'm sure you can't. Don't go into a debate with half-baked set of English skills when you can't even speak it properly(indicative of a born and bred village boy) and expect your opponent to keep correcting every single statement of yours heavily-laden with basic errors primary 1 students don't even make.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:48pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yes it's all about English because you can't write or communicate any better in Igbo. Worse to think that you claimed you went to the university and yet you can barely make use of present and past tenses.

And you think you corrected any point? The last time I checked nothing was corrected and my beliefs are still in tact. You're the one with a bruised ego displaying it by calling of names. Remember I told you, you should approach Rayven to teach you how to call names better. wink

Your ego will not let you leave this thread. At least everyone has seen your childishness. Lol.
No amount of mockery will make up for your goofs.
3hours ago,you could n't let dialect go, now you have to pick on English.
Lol, sore egocentric loser.
I did not just correct you, i trashed you. Even a neutal forumite exposed your flaws and foolishness.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

That resists rational reasoning/influence. That is it.
It is no longer dialect,it is now all about English skills. Lol, that's what self-praise does to irrational 'intellectuals'.

@bold...still doesn't make sense.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Eke40seven(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Please, let us stop our personal attack and project the thread positively in an intellectual manner. I conceive you guys as the scholarly type. Why not bring it to bear in promoting our uniqueness.
Here is what I would have done if I felt someone was extolling the specialness of their clan at the expense of my people or others, I will come up with a more intellectually and irrefutably valid point of my own, paint a better picture of my own far above what the other could ever muster to pen down.
At the end of the day, maliciously tainting the image of any Igbo tribe only reduces the respect for the whole.
When an outsider hears Clifford Orji, IGBO comes first and region bears no consequence in shaping their opinion, so also is the situation when they hear Chukwuemeka Soludo.
This thread is becoming boring as the attacks are becoming so routine. My intention to give my account of Anambarans have been defeated by the greater need to resolve this ongoing online mêlée.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:
And yes, it's all about English because we're communicating in English therefore you should speak it properly. Otherwise, go into Igbo if you think you can write it properly which I'm sure you can't. Don't go into a debate with half-baked set of English skills when you can't even speak it properly(indicative of a born and bred village boy) and expect your opponent to keep correcting every single statement of yours heavily-laden with basic errors primary 1 students don't even make.
Lol. From Dialect to English, keep jumping around. Now,i know you are tired and exhausted your points. Stick to the topic or continue making noise. Onye Apari.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Eke40seven:
Please, let us stop our personal attack and project the thread positively in an intellectual manner. I conceive you guys as the scholarly type. Why not bring it to bear in promoting our uniqueness.
Here is what I would have done if I felt someone was extolling the specialness of their clan at the expense of my people or others, I will come up with a more intellectually and irrefutably valid point of my own, paint a better picture of my own far above what the other could ever muster to pen down.
At the end of the day, maliciously tainting the image of any Igbo tribe only reduces the respect of the whole.
When an outsider hears Clifford Orji, IGBO comes first and region bears no consequence in shaping their opinion, so also is the situation when they hear Chukwuemeka Soludo.
This thread is becoming boring as the attacks are becoming so routine. My intention to give my account of Anambarans have been defeated by the greater need to resolve this ongoing online mêlée.

Please don't talk about Anambra people. It would only make some people here feel more threatened. I'm glad you acknowledge their role and importance in Igboland.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 9:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

@bold...still doesn't make sense.
You can't find any other point apart from English? Lol
You ego has been totally destroyed and bruised. You are only indulging in personal attacks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (21) (Reply)

Proverbs From The Streets Of Warri / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge / Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Princess Adeola Ogunwusi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.