Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... - Culture (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... (43751 Views)

Your Intelligence Is Needed Here / Utter Ridiculous.. There Is Education And Then There Is Enlightenment / Your Votes Are Needed Here: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

SCI movies wouldn't sell as much as NCI movies. Even the so-called Ada Mbano movie had only Queen Okoye and her family members speaking non-NCI. Her friends in the movie, the general Igbo spoken was NCI. Basic fact still untrashed.
Haha, and only NCI sells. For your information, Ada Mbano was sold out, people in Lagos and Abuja were literarily begging the producers for more copies. You over rate your dialect,it is not special. The poll speaks for itself again. If you can't accept that,then you can keep ranting and dragging this thread.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
He has gone back to dialect again,lol. I taught you picked something from Eke's contributions.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I thought anybody that opposes any point on anambra hates the state? does radiollo now hate anambra?
anambra is an artificial creation thus:
pazienza said sth of note in a thread :
.......... I disagree with you. Anambra is but an
artificial creation,not long ago,izzi and
ezza people were anambrarians too.
The difference between idemili dialect and
ekwulobia dialect is as big as that
between idemili and other igbo tribes.
When most people say anambra
language,they mean those dialects spoken
in idenmili, njikoka,anaocha,dunukofia
plus onitsha, and not those dialects
spoken in anambra south that sounds
quite harsh,nasal and closer to what is
obtainable in imo and abia.

Current Anambra state was created basically out of similar dialects. Enugu the same thing, same with Ebonyi. Maybe if I had made my comment then when Izzi etc were part of Anambra state maybe I would have restricted my comment to 'some Anambra dialects'.

You mentioned you're of NI stock. I'm not surprised anyway. I always ascribed Ebonyi state to you. Ebonyi is part of NI.

Father from Ebonyi, mother from Anambra (Nnewi). I think I know you well enough by now.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:58pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Haha, and only NCI sells. For your information, Ada Mbano was sold out, people in Lagos and Abuja were literarily begging the producers for more copies. You over rate your dialect,it is not special. The poll speaks for itself again. If you can't accept that,then you can keep ranting and dragging this thread.

Yea, thanks to Queen's friends and others in the movie for their NCI who helped to complement the movie linguistically else it wouldn't have been complete based entirely on SCI. smiley

Now that hurts! wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Tokunbo gave you a similar example with why people from Ife feel special because Ife's the cradle of Yoruba race not exactly because they are superior to anyone in Yoruba land. Exactly the same thing going on here. So what then is your problem?

I feel special, not superior, because I'm from Nri. So what? Why should it affect you how I feel?

The Tokunbo person you're fighting so hard to convince left her closing remarks and has long left.
You aptly stated why you feel more special than others and why others feel awed by you. Yoruba culture is quite different from ours. As far as i know, no one is more royal in Igboland. Eze Nri will not leave Nri and enter Eze Arochukwu's place to make noise. Yorubas have a more centralized kingship/royalty, so your reference to Tokunbo is irrelevant.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

SCI movies wouldn't sell as much as NCI movies. Even the so-called Ada Mbano movie had only Queen Okoye and her family members speaking non-NCI. Her friends in the movie, the general Igbo spoken was NCI. Basic fact still untrashed.

the general Igbo spoken in that film never intrigued anyone, think about it.
whenever the other gals assemble without queen, attention shifts from the dialect to content.
And please, there is nothing like sci and NCI, Igbo film is Igbo film, as few as Igbo movies are, you are gonna divide them! huh? haba.
No recent Igbo film sold better than ada ure or mbano, all the ones you kept mentioning are old movies made at the nick of time when Igbo movies were the only ones in mainstream nolly before English was added
Why won't they sell then, giving the period and the storylines?
Just imagine Queen came to town and dropped mnano dialect to start anambra or your so called NCI , that film won't pass part one.
Abakiliki is under NCI and it sold, so its about how interesting the dialect of the clan is and not a whole sci or NCI!
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

You aptly stated why you feel more special than others. Yoruba culture is quite different from ours. As far as i know, no one is more royal in Igboland. Eze Nri will not leave Nri and enter Eze Arochukwu's place to make noise. Yorubas have a more centralized kingship/royalty, so your reference to Tokunbo is irrelevant.

It is not left to you to decide which example is relevant or not because you're simply not a researcher neither do you have a PhD in research. Not to also think of your incredibility due to your blatant lies early in the thread. With your constant interjection of lies here and there in your statements you are simply not credible enough to be in that position. Sorry.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Yea, thanks to Queen's friends and others in the movie for their NCI who helped to complement the movie linguistically else it wouldn't have been complete based entirely on SCI. smiley

Now that hurts! wink
The special focus was on Mbano dialect. People were not listening or interested in any other dialect apart from Mbano. Your dialect is over rated by you,of course.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

the general Igbo spoken in that film never intrigued anyone, think about it.
whenever the other gals assemble without queen, attention shifts from the dialect to content.
And please, there is nothing like sci and NCI, Igbo film is Igbo film, as few as Igbo movies are, you are gonna divide them! huh? haba.
No recent Igbo film sold better than ada ure or mbano, all the ones you kept mentioning are old movies made at the nick of time when Igbo movies were the only ones in mainstream nolly before English was added
Why won't they sell then, giving the period and the storylines?
Just imagine Queen came to town and dropped mnano dialect to start anambra or your so called NCI , that film won't pass part one.
Abakiliki is under NCI and it sold, so its about how interesting the dialect of the clan is and not a whole sci or NCI!

Ada Abakaliki and Nkoli Nwa Nsukka are movies with similar storylines (village girl going to the city) which are selling in same fervor as well. By the way Nsukka and Abakaliki are of NI stock. What then is your argument?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Current Anambra state was created basically out of similar dialects. Enugu the same thing, same with Ebonyi. Maybe if I had made my comment then when Izzi etc were part of Anambra state maybe I would have restricted my comment to 'some Anambra dialects'.

You mentioned you're of NI stock. I'm not surprised anyway. I always ascribed Ebonyi state to you. Ebonyi is part of NI.

Father from Ebonyi, mother from Anambra (Nnewi). I think I know you well enough by now.

Lolz. am not from ebonyi but Enugu.
Maternal and paternal, udi, with maternal having anambra links too.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

It is not left to you to decide which example is relevant or not because you're simply not a researcher neither do you have a PhD in research. Not to also think of your incredibility due to your blatant lies early in the thread. With your constant interjection of lies here and there in your statements you are simply not credible enough to be in that position. Sorry.

You are yet to tell us what makes you more special than others. Dragging your dialect here and there does not mean anything. You came out with myopic reasoning and it was trashed severally. Lol
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Lol,every contrary opinion is from a southerner in his twisted sense. Taa.

1 Like

Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

The special focus was on Mbano dialect. People were not listening or interested in any other dialect apart from Mbano. Your dialect is over rated used by you,of course.

The special focus was on storyline - same storyline that sold in english movies (Osuofia in London, Baby Oku in America) and Igbo movies as well (Ada Abakaliki, Nkoli Nwa Nsukka). Ada Mbano isn't exclusive. Other movies with similar storyline had sold in the English movie section. It isn't unprecedented in that sense. Not to think of the fact that NCI was the generally spoken dialect in the movie.

@bold...corrected again. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Ada Abakaliki and Nkoli Nwa Nsukka are movies with similar storylines (village girl going to the city) which are selling in same fervor as well. By the way Nsukka and Abakaliki are of NI stock. What then is your argument?

that they sold on dialects which were not the anambra you were referring to.
Any nwa njikoka film without a wonderful story line is on its own
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

LOL! I've finally forced your origins out! I thought you were hiding it? Now it's left for Ihuoma. Let her him keep hiding it. Clearly not proud of where he comes from.

Wow! You're my brother menn. Mama m bu onye achi n'Oji river. Ndi achi na ndi Udi na-eme nwanne rinne. I wee na-agba nwanne gi tackle kemgbe? Lol.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

The special focus was on storyline - same storyline that sold in english movies (Osuofia in London, Baby Oku in America) and Igbo movies as well (Ada Abakaliki, Nkoli Nwa Nsukka). Ada Mbano isn't exclusive. Other movies with similar storyline had sold in the English movie section. It isn't unprecedented in that sense. Not to think of the fact that NCI was the generally spoken dialect in the movie.

@bold...corrected again. wink
This is a stale topic!
We have had many jenifer like movies and non became as popular as Ada Mbano.
Very stale and old.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

This is a stale topic!
We have had many jenifer like movies and non became as popular as Ada Mbano.
Very stale and old.

Please list them. Thank you.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

LOL! Your final origins are out! I thought you were hiding it?

Wow! You're my brother menn. Mama m bu onye achi n'Oji river. Ndi achi na ndi Udi na-eme nwanne rinne. I wee na-agba nwanne gi tackle kemgbe? Lol.
Every one does not reason like you. This guy is a confirmation of that. You are a sore egocentric loser....so hard to swallow. Don't patronize him,jare.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Please list them. Thank you.
Are you not the self proclaimed nollywood movie watcher,you should know them already!
Go and roam the net like you have always done.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

that they sold on dialects which were not the anambra you were referring to.
Any nwa njikoka film without a wonderful story line is on its own

Yea like I told you bro, any Nwa Onicha or Ada Njikoka film wouldn't be based on a villager going to the city but it would based on something else which has to be unique to the Onicha people. Yea, maybe a movie about an Onicha villager going to the city to speak 'I learry rove you' or 'I rike your led dless' or something in that line would sell. You get the drift?

Moreover, NCI being the default used for so many decades now, it makes sense that an entirely different dialect picked for roles like Ada Mbano or Ada Abakaliki would do well in the market - consumers want something new to hear. Using an Anambra dialect which is already the norm used in most Igbo movies wouldn't have sold.

But when it comes to storylines featuring based on say, an Igwe and his family and what goes on in their lives or more general-purpose Igbo movies NCI would usually be adopted.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Every one does not reason like you. This guy is a confirmation of that. You are a sore egocentric loser....so hard to swallow. Don't patronize him,jare.

Clearly he's not from Anambra state so I understand when he doesn't feel included. wink
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

LOL! Your final origins are out! I thought you were hiding it?

Ehee nah.
I meghi ofuma na your first post. o buru na I ji otu ahiriokwu si na olu mba gi di special, o kaara iditu better.
Mana I dejuru akwukwo, mu were juo onwe mu si, gini ka this guy na ako di ihe a?
o bu olu anambra mu ma ka o bu nke mu amaro? A gara m akwukwo na awka, ya na nnewi.
O nweghi ihe m furu puru iche compared to etu isi dee ya, asusu na atokari ndi ulo akwuakwo anyi uto bu asusu ndi imo.
ka o si na di, Udo di.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Clearly he's not from Anambra state so I understand when he doesn't feel included. wink

He is from your Northern axis with links in Anambra. You felt he was going to support your foolishness. Am yet to see who will support it apart from your fellow supremacist that made reference to Dog and Lion.
Ihere mme gi.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Are you not the self proclaimed nollywood movie watcher,you should know them already!
Go and roam the net like you have always done.

Back up your incredible statements by proof, boy. Your statements are already lacking credibility. Else they are just another pack of lies coming from one known for propagating lies.

You wouldn't know how strong it is to lack credibility until you found yourself beyond the shores of Nigeria.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

He is from your Northern axis with links in Anambra. You felt he was going to support your foolishness. Am yet to see who will support it apart from your fellow supremacist that made reference to Dog and Lion.
Ihere mme gi.

I don't even expect him to support me. I'm only surprised at the coincidence in his origin and my mom's. I never knew all these while where he's from. And I don't expect him to support me now neither. I don't play emotional games like that. Neither do I need numbers to support me.

So balk.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Back up your incredible statements by proof, boy. Your statements are already lacking credibility. Else they are just another pack of lies coming from one known for propagating lies.

You wouldn't know how strong it is to lack credibility until you found yourself beyond the shores of Nigeria.
Lol, travel indeed! Is that another topic? Lol. You find yourself outside Nigeria and you feel others are don't travel. Lol.
The problem is not even from Anambra but from your inclination to view yourself to be more special than others.
You have been trashed a long time ago, cry cry baby.
Keep whinning like a broken record.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

I don't even expect him to support me. I'm only surprised at the coincidence in his origin and my mom's. I never knew all these while where he's from. And I don't expect him to support me now neither. I don't play emotional games like that. Neither do I need numbers to support me.

So balk.

Loser! No one should even support you in the first place. Your comments were negative and moronic.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Ehee nah.
I meghi ofuma na your first post. o buru na I ji otu ahiriokwu si na olu mba gi di special, o kaara iditu better.
Mana I dejuru akwukwo, mu were juo onwe mu si, gini ka this guy na ako di ihe a?
o bu olu anambra mu ma ka o bu nke mu amaro? A gara m akwukwo na awka, ya na nnewi.
O nweghi ihe m furu puru iche compared to etu isi dee ya, asusu na atokari ndi ulo akwuakwo anyi uto bu asusu ndi imo.
ka o si na di, Udo di.

Munwa delu ife munwa gabigalu n'ani imo state. E wepuro m ntukpo, e tinyerokwalu m nya. Ka m si fu nya bu ka m si dee nya.

O bulu na munwa e toro n'ani Igbo, o ya-adi iche maka na a gaghi m enwe ife obuna m ga-ekwunwu mana ife m kwulu bu ife melu eme.

Nya, ife ndi a niine na nkoto nwoke m a na-akotoyali bugodi mmacha ka o na-amacha. Rapugodi nwatakili a ka o na-amacha. O burokwa onye nke yi. I kwuo ife echi niine na-aburo ife o cholu inu, o ya-akotokwa gi. Ka m gwakwa gi nya n'oge ka I malu amalu.

Mana, ya dibakeneli.

Udo dikwa nwanne. O no full bar kita.

Kee ebe nginwa no kita?
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2014
Ihuomadinihu:

Loser! No one should even support you in the first place. Your comments were negative and moronic.

But a lot of people did, Anambra and non-Anambra alike.

See, you just lied again.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by Ihuomadinihu: 11:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
bigfrancis21:

But a lot of people did, Anambra and non-Anambra alike.

See, you just lied again.
As far as this thread is concerned you are a noise maker....am still waiting for a better opinion.
No, you will go back to dialect soon.
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by adusim: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Of course i'm sticking to the topic as I've done before:

Anambra Igbo still remains the easiest to understand, critical in Nollywood, default used in Nollywood Igbo movies, easily spoken by southerners etc. wink

You are a child! Get it through your head: We do not like you people, never have never will. We just happen to speak similar a language but that is where it stops. We are different people and we should respect that. After all, we don't intermarry or socialise with each other so what is your point?! grin
Re: Igbos Attention Needed Here For Enlightenment .... by bigfrancis21: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2014
adusim:

You are a child! Get it through your head: We do not like you people, never have never will. We just happen to speak similar a language but that is where it stops. We are different people and we should respect that. After all, we don't intermarry or socialise with each other so what is your point?! grin

Awo Idemili - Imo state

Idemili - Anambra state.

wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

Happy Easter 2015 Wishes, Messages, Quotes / Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / 10 Things You Didn't Know About 'ORON' In Akwa-ibom State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.