Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,420 members, 7,826,623 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much (81550 Views)

If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Why Are Nigerians So Pessimistic About Nigeria? / This Is Why I Hate Nigerians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
hifaif:

I am not joking.

I shall use the most prestigious awards in each category as yardstick. You are free to argue it.

In Sports, South Africa participates in all sports known to man: Cricket, Rugby, Basketball, Hockey, Swimming, Canoeing, Mixed Martial arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Motor races, table tennis, soccer, golf etc. Nigeria participates in only a few sports.

Nigeria is only excellent in youth and women football and short distances races but South Africa is Africa's number 1 in Cricket, Rugby (World champions in 1995 and 2007), Swimming, Canoeing, Motor race, golf and many other sports that are hardly played in Africa.

Here is a simple statistics;

OLYMPICS RECORDS: SA. 76 medals vs. NGR: 23 medals

NOBEL PRIZE (LITERATURE): SA. 2 vs NGR. 1

NOBEL PRIZE (PEACE): SA. 4 vs NGR. 0

NOBEL PRIZE (CHEMISTRY): SA. 2 vs NGR. 0

NOBEL PRIZE (MEDICINE): SA. 3 vs NGR. 0

In all, South Africa has won 11 Nobel prizes against Nigeria's one.

GRAMMY AWARDS: SA. 15+ vs. NGR. 0

South Africa has over 20 Grammy awards nominations while Nigeria has just four and didn't win any.

In Education, the top 3 universities in Africa are South African universities.

The South African movie industry enjoys a lot of foreign investments unlike Nollywood. Over 90% of Nollywood is in the hands of mediocre film makers.

I love you, but you forgot to mention our OSCAR AWARD for the film Tsotsi grin
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
Blessed nation, South Africa grin

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by ISpiksDaTroof: 8:51pm On Oct 06, 2014
EroZA:
I never heard of a south African asylum seeker in Nigeria

Nelson Mandela?

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

I love you too. I actually knew about the Oscar but I was keeping it for further argument. Just that the guy I was having this argument with didn't show up again.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
hifaif:

I love you too. I actually knew about the Oscar but I was keeping it for further argument. Just that the guy I was having this argument with didn't show up again.

Oops lol.

You are doing a great job stating the facts, thank you smiley
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Oops lol.

You are doing a great job stating the facts, thank you smiley

I am humbled. Thanks. And you are welcome any time smiley

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2014
hifaif:

I am humbled. Thanks. And you are welcome any time smiley

smiley
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
Lol...

ISpiksDaTroof:
Nelson Mandela?
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Rikidony(m): 11:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

BABE CUTE PIX U GAT THERE WONDER WHY U WERE HIDING SUCH BEAUTY undecided
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

smiley

I triple love you. Sweet dreams.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 12:50am On Oct 07, 2014

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 5:16am On Oct 07, 2014
Rikidony:

BABE CUTE PIX U GAT THERE WONDER WHY U WERE HIDING SUCH BEAUTY undecided

*squints*

whaaaaa?
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Rikidony(m): 6:07am On Oct 07, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

*squints*

whaaaaa?
cool
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 1:16pm On Oct 07, 2014
Eroza, you're beginning to irk me with your dumbness and pretense. This issue has been thrashed by me, Zdee and some other southern Bantus.

Mandela was a refugee in Nigeria.

EroZA:
Lol...

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

[s]I am not joking.
I shall use the most prestigious awards in each category as yardstick. You are free to argue it.
In Sports, South Africa participates in all sports known to man: Cricket, Rugby, Basketball, Hockey, Swimming, Canoeing, Mixed Martial arts, Judo, Karate, Boxing, Motor races, table tennis, soccer, golf etc. Nigeria participates in only a few sports.
Nigeria is only excellent in youth and women football and short distances races but South Africa is Africa's number 1 in Cricket, Rugby (World champions in 1995 and 2007), Swimming, Canoeing, Motor race, golf and many other sports that are hardly played in Africa.
Here is a simple statistics;
OLYMPICS RECORDS: SA. 76 medals vs. NGR: 23 medals
NOBEL PRIZE (LITERATURE): SA. 2 vs NGR. 1
NOBEL PRIZE (PEACE): SA. 4 vs NGR. 0
NOBEL PRIZE (CHEMISTRY): SA. 2 vs NGR. 0
NOBEL PRIZE (MEDICINE): SA. 3 vs NGR. 0
In all, South Africa has won 11 Nobel prizes against Nigeria's one.
GRAMMY AWARDS: SA. 15+ vs. NGR. 0
South Africa has over 20 Grammy awards nominations while Nigeria has just four and didn't win any.
In Education, the top 3 universities in Africa are South African universities.
The South African movie industry enjoys a lot of foreign investments unlike Nollywood. Over 90% of Nollywood is in the hands of mediocre film makers.[/s]

You're an addled m_oron!

What nonsense is this?

Do you need some clarification?
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 1:31pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

In every other sector except being 2nd to Nigeria in terms of the size of economy.

They have greater achievements in sports, music, medicine, movies, literature, education, etc.

You keep rambling about education. Zimbabwe with crappy schools has more school applicants than south Africa. grin grin

Its fact that blek south Africans prefer drinking and molesting themselves to going to school.

Sport - you must be kidding me. grin grin
The same nation that broke the record of hosting the world cup and crashing out from the group stage?

Tell us any African author that's more successful than Chinua Achebe, not forgetting the mother of African literature, Flora Nwapa.

He even mentioned music and education. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:

You keep rambling about education. Zimbabwe with crappy schools has more school applicants than south Africa. grin grin

Its fact that blek south Africans prefer drinking and molesting themselves to going to school.

Sport - you must be kidding me. grin grin
The same nation that broke the record of hosting the world cup and crashing out from the group stage?

Tell us any African author that's more successful than Chinua Achebe, not forgetting the mother of African literature, Flora Nwapa.

He even mentioned music and education. grin grin grin

Please, if you are basing greatness on one achievement, then don't mention me again. I collated and compared achievements. You can't base a country's greatness in sport on the strength of one sport. There are over 20 sports. You can't be using football alone as a yardstick. Maybe Kenya should claim to be greater than Nigeria in sport because Nigeria is not good at Marathon.

Achebe is successful, fine, but his outputs were meagre. Naghuib Mafhouz (Egypt) published over 10 novels and so too did Nadine Gordimer (South Africa). Achebe had only five. As a novelist who lived till 80 years, that is really small. Moreover, success is relative. He is famous, but not the most successful.

As for Flora Nwapa, how does the fact that she published just one great novel make Nigeria greater than South Africa in Literature. And stop embarrassing yourself, she is the first published Nigerian woman writer. How does that make her mother of African literature?

When you are ready to argue with variables, mention me.

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 2:09pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:

You're an addled m_oron!

What nonsense is this?

Do you need some clarification?

Yes, I need clarification instead of insult. I want you to correct each figure I gave.

1 Like

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2014
lol...read Mandela biography ,from Tanzania ,Zambia,Uganda,Russia etc etc..no mentioning of Nigeria...people who stood side by side with the African people of south Africa were given platform to speak during Mandela memorial service at the fnb stadium..the Cubans,Tanzanians,Zambians en so forth...i never heard people of those nations making noise about their active role however their contribution is acknowledged,we thank them...nigeria was very afraid of the then apartheid regime of SA that's why their minimal role was only played via UN...

[q saduote author=iconize post=26939560]Eroza, you're beginning to irk me with your dumbness and pretense. This issue has been thrashed by me, Zdee and some other southern Bantus.

[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 2:37pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

[s]Please, if you are basing greatness on one achievement, then don't mention me again. I collated and compared achievements. You can't base a country's greatness in sport on the strength of one sport. There are over 20 sports. You can't be using football alone as a yardstick. Maybe Kenya should claim to be greater than Nigeria in sport because Nigeria is not good at Marathon.
Achebe is successful, fine, but his outputs were meagre. Naghuib Mafhouz (Egypt) published over 10 novels and so too did Nadine Gordimer (South Africa). Achebe had only five. As a novelist who lived till 80 years, that is really small. Moreover, success is relative. He is famous, but not the most successful.
As for Flora Nwapa, how does the fact that she published just one great novel make Nigeria greater than South Africa in Literature. And stop embarrassing yourself, she is the first published Nigerian woman writer. How does that make her mother of African literature?
When you are ready to argue with variables, mention me.[/s]

Crap!

This is what makes Nwapa the mother of "modern" African literature;

Nwapa, born in Oguta, was the
forerunner to a generation of African
women writers. While never considering
herself a feminist, she is best known for
recreating life and traditions from a woman's
viewpoint. In 1966 her book Efuru became Africa's
first internationally published female novel
in the English language
(Heinemann Educational Books).
She has been called the mother
of modern African literature.
Later she went on to become the
first African woman publisher of novels
when she founded Tata Press.

Achebe wrote five novels, where did you get that from?grin

Mention any African author whom you think is(was) more successful than Achebe, so we can place them side by side for comparison.

Get your facts right before you come here talking trash.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 2:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
EroZA:

[s]lol...read Mandela biography ,from Tanzania ,Zambia,Uganda,Russia etc etc..no mentioning of Nigeria...people who stood side by side with the African people of south Africa were given platform to speak during Mandela memorial service at the fnb stadium..the Cubans,Tanzanians,Zambians en so forth...i never heard people of those nations making noise about their active role however their contribution is acknowledged,we thank them...nigeria was very afraid of the then apartheid regime of SA that's why their minimal role was only played via UN...[/s]

[q saduote author=iconize post=26939560]Eroza, you're beginning to irk me with your dumbness and pretense. This issue has been thrashed by me, Zdee and some other southern Bantus.

Arrant crap!

Read; from Amaechi Mbazulike, first minister of aviation in Nigeria

I was still a Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Information when Mandela came to take refuge in Nigeria. Dr. Azikiwe was then the Governor General, because we were not a republic then. And he said, ‘Who is the nationalist of Mandela’s ilk to whom he would send Mandela?’ And then he sent him to me. So, Mandela lived with me in my house at No. 5 Okotie-Eboh St., Ikoyi Lagos for five months and some weeks before he returned to South Africa.

There was similarity of thought; there was the fundamental belief in certain issues about Africa and nationalism between Mandela and us. And so while he was taking refuge in my house and was moving freely because I was already a junior minister; the South African intelligence service and the British intelligence service were frantically looking for him. When they knew he was in my house, there was nothing they could do. They could not arrest him. I used to go to dances with him. We used to attend clubs, we used to go to places. But at home, we would eat and always discuss the situation in Africa; discuss the situation in South Africa; discuss the situation in Rhodesia; Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia, Tanzania, Uganda, and so forth; South West Africa; the situation in Africa entirely. After about four, five months, his talks started changing. “This my exile in Nigeria, what dividend will it give to my people? I think I better go home. Two things will happen if I go home; they will either kill me or they will send me to prison. And whichever they do will give new impetus to the ANC to continue the struggle.”

And based on that faith and conviction, he left. So he virtually walked home from my house to prison because less than three or four months after he arrived in South Africa, he was arrested; he was tried and sentenced to life imprisonment. There is a difference between Mandela and other nationalists, particularly those who make pretences to nationalism here. In prison, he wrote me a letter dated 28th February, 1964, where he was asking me to provide protection for one Dr. Barange, whose father was a lawyer, but he was a geologist. His father was defending Mandela and other freedom fighters. And because of that, the government of South Africa was threatening to arrest the son and send him to prison. So, he wrote to me again to help find him a job in Nigeria. He was a geologist and he wanted me to help him get a job at the University of Ife at that time.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 2:43pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

Yes, I need clarification instead of insult. I want you to correct each figure I gave.

Clarify me as reference to your claim that Nigeria can't be compared with south Africa in terms of Literature.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 2:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
Hiafai, provide me with facts and literal works that makes south Africa bigger than Nigeria in terms of literature.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:

Crap!

This is what makes Nwapa the mother of "modern" African literature;

Nwapa, born in Oguta, was the
forerunner to a generation of African
women writers. While never considering
herself a feminist, she is best known for
recreating life and traditions from a woman's
viewpoint. In 1966 her book Efuru became Africa's
first internationally published female novel
in the English language
(Heinemann Educational Books).
She has been called the mother
of modern African literature.
Later she went on to become the
first African woman publisher of novels
when she founded Tata Press.

Achebe wrote five novels, where did you get that from?grin

Mention any African author whom you think is(was) more successful than Achebe, so we can place them side by side for comparison.

Get your facts right before you come here talking trash.

If you think Achebe wrote more than five novels, prove it then. Is it that hard to do?

Flora Nwapa was called. That simple fact does not make her mother of African literature. Even Achebe refused to be called father of African literature. Cyprian Ekwensi published before him.

You want to argue? Alright, I pick Wole Soyinka. How is Achebe more successful than Soyinka?

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:
Hiafai, provide me with facts and literal works that makes south Africa bigger than Nigeria in terms of literature.

I gave you facts using the Nobel prize as a yardstick. You cancelled out my post without providing any reasonable countering post. Is that how to argue?

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 3:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

If you think Achebe wrote more than five novels, prove it then. Is it that hard to do?

Flora Nwapa was called. That simple fact does not make her mother of literature. Even Achebe refused to be called father of literature. Cyprian Ekwensi published before him.

You want to argue? Alright, I pick Wole Soyinka. How is Achebe more successful than Soyinka?

I can visualize how you're trembling right now grin

Where and when did I call Achebe the father of African literature? These are list of novels by Achebe http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Novels_by_Chinua_Achebe

If you say Nwapa is not the mother of modern African literature even when she's seen as such, why not disprove it with facts?

By the way, the prime subject of our discourse is that you said south Africa is bigger than Nigeria in terms of literature, which I've debunked.

So why are you picking Soyinka? Is Soyinka a Nigerian or south African? grin grin
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 3:05pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

I gave you facts using the Nobel prize as a yardstick. You cancelled out my post without providing any reasonable countering post. Is that how to argue?

grin grin grin

So winning the Nobel prize translates to full success? Soyinka, a Nigerian also won the Nobel prize.

Those south Africans that won the Nobel prize what are the rate of output and how successful are they?
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:

grin grin grin

So winning the Nobel prize translates to success? Soyinka, a Nigerian also won the Nobel prize.

Those south Africans that won the Nobel prize what are the rate of output and how successful are they?

What are your own yardsticks? You can't just refuse to accept mine. You have to state yours.

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 07, 2014
iconize:

I can visualize how you're trembling right now grin

Where and when did I call Achebe the father of African literature? These are list of novels by Achebe http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Novels_by_Chinua_Achebe

If you say Nwapa is not the mother of modern African literature even when she's seen as such, why not disprove it with facts?

By the way, the prime subject of our discourse is that you said south Africa is bigger than Nigeria in terms of literature, which I've debunked.

So why are you picking Soyinka? Is Soyinka a Nigerian or south African? grin grin

So Chike and The River is now a novel? A book that is not even up to 70 pages. You must be ignorant about Literature.

You said I should mention an AFRICAN writer. Why are you confused? Is Soyinka no longer an African writer?

2 Likes

Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 07, 2014
My man that fabrication has been dismissed ,that man is one of those who use Mandela name to build their own image,if this man lies were true,why should Nigeria as country take the credit because it sounds to me that this was just a personal comradeship between the two....every step that Mandela took before retiring from politics is written in his biography, claims by that minister are not there...you people are masters of fabrications and lies...president Kenneth kaunda and julias nyerere are the heroes of our struggle...finish n klaar

iconize:

Arrant crap!

Read; from Amaechi Mbazulike, first minister of aviation in Nigeria

I was still a Parliamentary Secretary in the Ministry of Information when Mandela came to take refuge in Nigeria. Dr. Azikiwe was then the Governor General, because we were not a republic then. And he said, ‘Who is the nationalist of Mandela’s ilk to whom he would send Mandela?’ And then he sent him to me. So, Mandela lived with me in my house at No. 5 Okotie-Eboh St., Ikoyi Lagos for five months and some weeks before he returned to South Africa.

There was similarity of thought; there was the fundamental belief in certain issues about Africa and nationalism between Mandela and us. And so while he was taking refuge in my house and was moving freely because I was already a junior minister; the South African intelligence service and the British intelligence service were frantically looking for him. When they knew he was in my house, there was nothing they could do. They could not arrest him. I used to go to dances with him. We used to attend clubs, we used to go to places. But at home, we would eat and always discuss the situation in Africa; discuss the situation in South Africa; discuss the situation in Rhodesia; Northern Rhodesia, Southern Rhodesia, Tanzania, Uganda, and so forth; South West Africa; the situation in Africa entirely. After about four, five months, his talks started changing. “This my exile in Nigeria, what dividend will it give to my people? I think I better go home. Two things will happen if I go home; they will either kill me or they will send me to prison. And whichever they do will give new impetus to the ANC to continue the struggle.”

And based on that faith and conviction, he left. So he virtually walked home from my house to prison because less than three or four months after he arrived in South Africa, he was arrested; he was tried and sentenced to life imprisonment. There is a difference between Mandela and other nationalists, particularly those who make pretences to nationalism here. In prison, he wrote me a letter dated 28th February, 1964, where he was asking me to provide protection for one Dr. Barange, whose father was a lawyer, but he was a geologist. His father was defending Mandela and other freedom fighters. And because of that, the government of South Africa was threatening to arrest the son and send him to prison. So, he wrote to me again to help find him a job in Nigeria. He was a geologist and he wanted me to help him get a job at the University of Ife at that time.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 3:15pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

So Chike and The River is now a novel? A book that is not even up to 70 pages. You must be ignorant about Literature.

So narrative length is now the only determinant of a novel? You're the ignoramus here.

Define a novel for us.

The link says "novels by Chinua Achebe.
Re: Why Africans Hate Nigerians So Much by iconize(m): 3:19pm On Oct 07, 2014
hifaif:

You said I should mention an AFRICAN writer. Why are you confused? Is Soyinka no longer an African writer?

You're saying crap!

Let's go back to the basis of our discourse, which is; your claim that south Africa is bigger than Nigeria in terms of literature.

When you said that were you considering to offer Soyinka a south African citizenship?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

COVID-19: Abiola Ajimobi Is Dead - Sulaiman Aledeh Says / Remi Tinubu Refusing To Shake Saraki (See Real Photo) / Which Of These Critics Will Make A Good President If Allowed To Govern?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.