Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,164 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) (37270 Views)

Pregnant Woman Rejected By Cameronian Hospital,Operated By Her Niece In Open Air / First Nigerian Ebola Survivor Not Treated With "Nano Silver" - Health Minister / Nano-silver Nigerian Ebola Drug Is A Pesticide- US (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Sylverbox(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Emmafrancis:
The topic at first glance is a bit misleading ooo. But all in all the reporter should understand that its not possible for everybody to be accepted. He holds Bsc microbiology while so many others have degree in public health and so many medical doctors with years of experience.

Finally the reporter have no reason to make a mountain out of an ant hill.
Bros its Volunteer work, ur qualification doesn't come first. In times of war all able bodied men become soldiers! If they wanted professionals then they should state it point blank!!

2 Likes

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by emeka94(m): 8:43am On Oct 06, 2014
Emmafrancis:
The topic at first glance is a bit misleading ooo. But all in all the reporter should understand that its not possible for everybody to be accepted. He holds Bsc microbiology while so many others have degree in public health and so many medical doctors with years of experience.

Did u actually read the article? Commissioner for health asked for volunteer and he wasn't specific about the speciality or course of study of the volunteer.
However, the call was misleading. It sounded so urgent like a clarion call to patriotism yet it was all for nothing. The next time something like dis happens (God 4bid) do u think anybody will volunteer?

1 Like

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Sylverbox(m): 8:56am On Oct 06, 2014
Emmafrancis:
The topic at first glance is a bit misleading ooo. But all in all the
reporter should understand that its not possible for everybody to be accepted. He holds Bsc microbiology while so many others have degree in public health and so many medical doctors with years of experience.

Bros its Volunteer work, ur qualification doesn't come first. In times of war all able bodied men become soldiers! If they wanted professionals then they should state it point blank!!

1 Like

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by finfol007(m): 9:07am On Oct 06, 2014
i there,fellow nurses...how was your day?
,there is a new nursing channel here on blackberry....some of you might have joined,some of you might not have...its ok....here is the channel pin. C00241581 ...(if you are not sure on what blackberry channels is all about, just click on the pin C00241581.then click join,aftrrwards check your bbm feeds/updates...u wont regeret it) this channel was created to share information about nursing and nurses which includes....regular nursing news,nursing jobs in Nigeria and abroad,nursing research,new nursing trends...e.t.c..lets together form a unified body here on bbm....
cheers({})

if the pin aint going through,try this link.... http://www.bbm.com/bbm/en/add-channel.html?bbmInviteId=C00241581

Afterward,click on open in bbm.......mm
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Amya(f): 9:08am On Oct 06, 2014
Sylverbox:

So what you mean to say is they should gladly take anyone that comes forward even when they are basically not needed. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that there might been a particular amount of volunteers needed considering the fact the we just had a few cases of ebola in the country. If so many volunteers are taken more than is needed, what will they be doing?
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Amya(f): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2014
emeka94:

Did u actually read the article? Commissioner for health asked for volunteer and he wasn't specific about the speciality or course of study of the volunteer.
However, the call was misleading. It sounded so urgent like a clarion call to patriotism yet it was all for nothing. The next time something like dis happens (God 4bid) do u think anybody will volunteer?

Calls like that were made to have people on ground if ebola had became out of hand. All these people who dropped off application would then have been called. Fortunately,it was curbed quickly and effectively so they didn't warrant a call back.

30k for a 4 hour shift isn't a bad deal so is the life insurance and protective gears. I'm sure thousands of people will try to apply, but they can only take the ones they need and the earliest volunteers.
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Henryceey(m): 9:15am On Oct 06, 2014
They are hide something from the public
(1) How they contained ebola ,only well know person in our society are being taken care and discharged while the poor ones are being leave to die or even injected to die
(2)Those volunteer names are being file as work while their salary are being pocket in one man and (eyes way see)
I want them to be probe and interview

1 Like

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by emmanuelcrawler(m): 9:57am On Oct 06, 2014
1one:
Why are most people saying summarize

Is it laziness to read or just plain disinterest.

I found it delightfully interesting even though the circumstances that led to the write up was quite unfortunate. But still, I enjoyed reading it particularly because I was visualizing the whole write up in my head scene by scene.

Anyways, I think it's rather unfortunate to think that corruption has sipped into every system in this country, the health system inclusive, because if not for monetary reasons I see no reason why the writer and possibly other volunteers were not contacted... Maybe there was one top brass somewhere that was seating on the money the FG/Foreign aid made available to volunteer anti-ebola personnel or maybe the writer's network was bad during the whole time and that's why he didn't get their calls or emails.. (I find this to be highly unlikely)

Whichever the case, We can not be too thankful to God enough that the scourge of Ebola is a thing of the past

God bless Nigeria.
l no even bother to read dis ya own cos im 2 long pax d post sef
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Johnnoo(m): 10:27am On Oct 06, 2014
@DonaldGenes; God will bless you because of your efforts & willingness. Its very pathetic to note that the Ebola Crisis in Nigeria was used by some people in the authority to enrich themselves.
Victims of Ebola Virus were left in the quarantine to die without care. The quarantine services were like a dungeon.

1 Like

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by dude(m): 10:55am On Oct 06, 2014
Amya:

It really a shame how many people like you cannot comprehend a very simple article. Now to break this down for you to really understand I'll have to itemize this.

1. The writer of the article is a journalist.

2. The writer was looking to write the greatest piece of the year. He was looking for a story not to help per se.

3. He was pressured by his boss to write said piece.

4. He probably didn't study microbiology but lied as he knew that would be the only way to get close to the action. He was a journalist after all.

5. He passed the first hurdle by getting numbers and was even directed to where he could be selected or not.

6. He went there and lied again.

7. He was told at some point that they had met the capacity of volunteers needed (since the index case had been weeks before it was understandable that they had gotten the amount of volunteers needed) and he would be contacted when there was need for more volunteers.

8. He waited and waited and still no call came.

Now for those lacking comprehension, the entire people that were infected with ebola disease in Nigeria were less than 20. The simple fact that remuneration for volunteers is good means more and more people will volunteer. This means that it'll get to a point whereby you may volunteer and not be taken. If hypothetical 10,000 people volunteer for ebola for just 20 infected, most wouldn't have anything to really do and be paid such large sums per day. Will it make sense to you?

Please pray tell, how is this corruption!
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by propertylisting: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
THE TRUE STORY ABOUT THE $9.3m!!!! Christians BE WISE!!! http://kingdomnewsng.com/news/117-is-nsa-sambo-dasuki-the-mastermind-of-9-3m-scandal
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Fulaman198(m): 4:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
INSTINCTS:
summary pls no time to check time.

Inferiority complex
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Sylverbox(m): 5:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
Amya:

So what you mean to say is they should gladly take anyone that comes forward even when they are basically not needed. Why is it so hard for you to comprehend that there might been a particular amount of volunteers needed considering the fact the we just had a few cases of ebola in the country. If so many volunteers are taken more than is needed, what will they be doing?
not disputing that fact. The minister of health should have stopped appealing for more aid workers then. You should know how things go when money is involved in your country na!
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by Ifyjemila(f): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
delishpot:
Ha ha. I trust our naija ogas ontop. Believe you me, they have collected salary for 1 million ghost volunteers already and will be planning on how to cash in the life insurance of 2 million more. They do not need physical volunteers cos it will mean reduced egunje.
MY friend fear who no fear Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by lastpage: 12:59am On Oct 07, 2014
A:Summarise, its too long!

B: Can somebody read and summarise for me?

C: I cant read all these, My ba3 is low

D: Cant they condense it into just two lines?

E: Why word for word, its too long to read!..

And so on and so forth.

I just get amazed when l read posts like the above, which litter most thread that are longer than five lines, like the current one.

"Some white-man once said that: "If you want to keep a secret from the Black Race, PUT IT INTO WRITING...WRITE IT DOWN BECAUSE BLACK PEOPLE CANT READ.... MOST JUST HATE TO READ"!

Well, l have a secret for all you planks that cant read: No one is gonna summarise nothing for you!
You cant read it, then forget about it. its your loss... Go and Read about Davido and Tontoh Dike, that is what tickles your fancy! grin grin

No wonder most youths nowadays are as dumb as it gets. Most have never even read a singlel Novel in their life! shocked shocked

Learn to read voraciously, it would change your life and do you a world of good.
Trust me on that.

Lastpage!
Re: The Rejected Nigerian Ebola Soldier (A Premium Times Investigative Report) by deedoc: 8:57pm On Oct 07, 2014
Emmafrancis:

but courtesy demands that a response is given to his application, either positive or negative.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Guys, How Often Do You Change Your Boxer Shorts? / Acid Attack Survivor, Naomi Oni, In Beautiful New Photos / The Components Of Crystal Meth AKA meth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.