Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight (1481 Views)

TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by r231(m): 10:31am On Oct 06, 2014
It’s that time of the year again when we call all you well-meaning NLers to rise up and help support our worthy causes. We opened a thread https://www.nairaland.com/1893571/please-shape-tehns-2014-end a few weeks back to engage you guys on this year’s theme of us focusing on our elderly ones. We didn’t have as much input as we would have liked but we’ve managed to come up with some tentative plans to take forward.

1) We shall try and recruit regional volunteer coordinators that can help visit hospitals where we can find elderly folks that may need some sort of help during these period. They are to help identify their needs and then report back so we can make executive decisions on how we plan to use donated money to meet some of these needs.

2) We will leave the option of NLers making recommendations of elderly folks that they know and might need help for a month so we can investigate and accept as we go along.

3) We shall work with the NLers that suggested 2 dedicated care homes for the elderly to investigate and in turn include into our planning if they are deemed fit for purpose.

4) We have a pending case of a struggling young man that doesn’t necessarily fall under this year’s theme that we’ve decided to act upon if we have any excess after the first 3 plan has been executed

As always, we continue to thank you for all your support throughout the years in helping us achieve our goals. We plead that you give generously as we are of the belief that givers never lack.

PS: Please indicate interest on this thread if you wish to support us so we can provide you with our account details or send us an email - nairalandcharity@gmail.com

Regards!!

6 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by tempest01(m): 9:16am On Oct 07, 2014
It is commendable what tehn is doing....this time around I hope to contribute my widows mite.

Let's rise up and make a difference people....Let's show our leaders that even with the small resources we have, we can pull great stunts. Let's show then how it's done!

Unrelated : check out my signature
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by TeamclicksAir: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by Oskilala: 9:17am On Oct 07, 2014
Interesting....
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by chibwike(m): 9:18am On Oct 07, 2014
donation tinz
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by Mynd44: 9:19am On Oct 07, 2014
chibwike:
donation tinz
More like help out to show care. You shoupd read the OP
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by chibwike(m): 9:28am On Oct 07, 2014
Mynd44:

More like help out to show care. You shoupd read the OP
Ok ok, let someone open the floor, then we'd follow up
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by chibwike(m): 9:31am On Oct 07, 2014
Mynd44, why was the thread removed from fp
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by Busybody2(f): 5:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
It is October, why is this thread not yet on the front page?

Who has been sleeping on duty
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 9:45am On Oct 15, 2014
bump
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 12:45pm On Oct 15, 2014
Is this the thread for the Donations?!

If Yes...

Whats the plan of action for this year?! I know its the Elderly theme, but whats the plan of action? I would like to know things like;

1. Homes to be visited and where they are located
2. Requirements of the individual homes (after a recce and interaction with the admins of the homes and the care givers)
3. Our target per home (including market survey)

Im sorry to be placing demands on you guys o!! I wish I could be a little more involved than this.. So please indulge me now.

More Engine Oil to your Elbows..

God Bless TeHN..

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 1:20pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:

Is this the thread for the Donations?!
Yes Sir

MadCow1:

Homes to be visited and where they are located
1) Our plan is to visit 2 - 4 hospitals, identify elderly patients that may need some sort of help, ask for their respective needs then see how we can meet them depending on donation received. We have 2 volunteer Nlers on standby as well as our dedicated field officers
2) We are leaving the option of NLers making recommendations of elderly folks that they know might need help for a month so we can investigate and accept as we go along.
3) We have a pending case of a struggling young man that doesn’t necessarily fall under this year’s theme that we’ve decided to act upon if we have any excess after the first 2 plan has been executed

MadCow1:

Requirements of the individual homes (after a recce and interaction with the admins of the homes and the care givers)
We sort of need to receive more donations before we can start mobilising the team to that effect. Total donation received as of this morning is 10K. We need more help Sir

MadCow1:

Our target per home (including market survey)
It’s slightly difficult to budget for each home as we don’t know how many patients or individuals we had be able to identify. Our plan is to only provide goods/items that can help improve the quality of their health/life

MadCow1:

Im sorry to be placing demands on you guys o!! I wish I could be a little more involved than this.. So please indulge me now.

More Engine Oil to your Elbows..

God Bless TeHN..

Thanks for your continuous support bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by MadCow1: 2:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
jaybee3:

Yes Sir

1) Our plan is to visit 2 - 4 hospitals, identify elderly patients that may need some sort of help, ask for their respective needs then see how we can meet them depending on donation received. We have 2 volunteer Nlers on standby as well as our dedicated field officers
2) We are leaving the option of NLers making recommendations of elderly folks that they know might need help for a month so we can investigate and accept as we go along.
3) We have a pending case of a struggling young man that doesn’t necessarily fall under this year’s theme that we’ve decided to act upon if we have any excess after the first 2 plan has been executed

We sort of need to receive more donations before we can start mobilising the team to that effect. Total donation received as of this morning is 10K. We need more help Sir

It’s slightly difficult to budget for each home as we don’t know how many patients or individuals we had be able to identify. Our plan is to only provide goods/items that can help improve the quality of their health/life

Thanks for your continuous support bro

[b]Hi Jaybee..

Thanks for the response..

Hmm.. This is quite diffenrent from the standard 'Charity Flight' Modus Operandi or listing out homes, their needs and our target.

Okay.. So this is my biggest concern with your response;

1) Our plan is to visit 2 - 4 hospitals, identify elderly patients that may need some sort of help, ask for their respective needs then see how we can meet them depending on donation received. We have 2 volunteer Nlers on standby as well as our dedicated field officers.

What this means to me is;

1. We have no real identified cause[s]
2. We would just get the donations in before identifying a cause that we would be applying the funds to.
3. '2 Volunteers plus field officers' sounds to me like; '1 Hospital or 1 state'..

**Concerns**

The Concerns I have with this type of 'flight' is primarily the lack of a cause.. Dont get me wrong, I dont distrust you guys.. Thats not the point I am driving at. From an inspirational point of view, the one reason for the success of TeHN has remained 'THE CAUSE'. Example: Trying to gather funds to help relocate a family from under a bridge.. Or .. Helping Late Fola treat a massive Goitre and set up a business.. Or like with last years flight, Identify motherless homes and the likes, find out their immediate needs and try to reach them whilst giving them a little Christmas cheer..
With what you have described above, it feels like the plan is to stroll into a Hospital with cash in pocket and look for an elderly person with a dire case to help.. Not bad in and of itself, but would be hard to sell...

Coverage seems like its going to be smaller than last years..

Maybe you could elaborate on the whole plot of this for me to better understand it.

#Thanks.. [/b]
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by jaybee3(m): 4:13pm On Oct 15, 2014
MadCow1:

[b]Hi Jaybee..

Thanks for the response..

Hmm.. This is quite diffenrent from the standard 'Charity Flight' Modus Operandi or listing out homes, their needs and our target.

Okay.. So this is my biggest concern with your response;

1) Our plan is to visit 2 - 4 hospitals, identify elderly patients that may need some sort of help, ask for their respective needs then see how we can meet them depending on donation received. We have 2 volunteer Nlers on standby as well as our dedicated field officers.

What this means to me is;

1. We have no real identified cause[s]
2. We would just get the donations in before identifying a cause that we would be applying the funds to.
3. '2 Volunteers plus field officers' sounds to me like; '1 Hospital or 1 state'..

**Concerns**

The Concerns I have with this type of 'flight' is primarily the lack of a cause.. Dont get me wrong, I dont distrust you guys.. Thats not the point I am driving at. From an inspirational point of view, the one reason for the success of TeHN has remained 'THE CAUSE'. Example: Trying to gather funds to help relocate a family from under a bridge.. Or .. Helping Late Fola treat a massive Goitre and set up a business.. Or like with last years flight, Identify motherless homes and the likes, find out their immediate needs and try to reach them whilst giving them a little Christmas cheer..
With what you have described above, it feels like the plan is to stroll into a Hospital with cash in pocket and look for an elderly person with a dire case to help.. Not bad in and of itself, but would be hard to sell...

Coverage seems like its going to be smaller than last years..

Maybe you could elaborate on the whole plot of this for me to better understand it.

#Thanks.. [/b]

Thanks for your questions bro.. Much appreciated

The challenge though justified but not to be used as a deterrent for this year’s flight is the theme. Some of the feedbacks we received in the past was to extend our charitable arm towards the elderly which is equally one of the vulnerable groups in any given demographics. We knew this was going to be difficult as it was never going to be easy to identify care homes dedicated for the elderlies as most Nigerian’s regardless of their financial standing would prefer to sit and take care of their aged until the succumb to the mighty event called death.

Considering the point above, we took the cautious decision to identify our cohorts in a more systematic way by:
1) Visiting hospitals first
2) Identifying their needs
3) Decide on what we going to provide
4) Publish the plan
5) Procure then disburse

The order changed because of the following reasons:
1) it’s quite easy to guesstimate needs of children but no so easy for elderly folks.
2) Our previous plans were always tentative and though we agree that it’s always easy for potential donors to see how donations will be used even though the plan has always been dynamic
3) We wanted to get the thread out on time so we can increase our chances of receiving enough donation to actualize our plans

Lastly, just to stress a little bit further. We always planned to publish plans as we go along. We were never going to disburse funds before formalizing/publishing our plans. We have already started engaging with our volunteers to do the ground work but we've also got the current issue of low patronage to deal with.

Happy to discuss further if you feel your questions haven’t been answered

Regards
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by dagreen14: 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
Please your attention is needed ... we need to raise money for this kid ASAP

https://www.nairaland.com/1974277/omonighos-head-eaten-2-dogs
Re: Tehn Is Calling All Givers To Hlp Support This Year’s End Of Year Charity Flight by DJDOLA(m): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2014
Pls TEHN I need help here..www.nairaland.com/1963635/need

(1) (Reply)

What Will You Do If You Meet This Guy? / 15 Of The Bloodiest Military Campaigns And Battles In History / Your Birthday Has A Magic Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.