Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! (11406 Views)

Please Help Shape Tehn’s 2014 End Of Year Charity Flight / TeHN's 2nd Annual End Of Year Charity Flight / The E-Helpers Network (TeHN) - Official Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by r231(m): 8:17pm On Nov 08, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

First we will like to appreciate all of you and our Stakeholders who have been supporting our numerous calls to help those in need, we are ever grateful and pray that the good Lord will always raise help for you in your time of need. Funny how time flies, a year ago we started this little cause in order to help our brothers and sisters in need. We started as Nairaland Charity but later changed the name to The E-Helpers Network(TeHN). Full information is available on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/802184/nairaland-charity-organisation-e-helpers-network

The group is solely financed and managed by nairalanders.for every project we undertake,we strive to investigate,be transparent and open to constructive criticisms, ideas and suggestions especially from our stakeholders and donors.

RECAP ON OUR PAST CASES:

1. Mr and Mrs Obuh some of us would recall a thread started late last year on a man called Mr Monday Obuh and his family who were reported by PM news to be living under the bridge at Cele Bus Stop, Lagos, due to their inability to afford personal accommodation. To God be the glory, the Obuhs now live in an apartment Nairalanders contributed to rent for them and are proud owners of a small business today. Full information is available on this thread - (https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-801338.1344.html). The story was also published by ThisDay newspaper and several online blogs.

2. Late Nlder Perx Early this year, We sought for your contributions on behalf of a Nairalander called Perx who had been battling with a rare medical condition known as CRPS/RSD, affecting her legs and leaving her in severe cramps, pains and unable to walk unassisted. She had a surgery after Nairalanders raised funds for her but unfortunately she died few days after from complications from the surgery. God rest her soul, Amen. Details can be found on this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/855820/please-help-nairalander-perx-she

3.Little Ayomide: We were called to duty by a Nairalander (Queenafic) who bumped into a little abandoned girl named Ayomide.we again sought your help and contributions in other to help 10 years old Ayomide who was found wandering on the highway of abeokuta road.Ayomide looks like a 3-4yrs old child due to malnourishment. Her mother abandoned her as an infant while the father is struggling for survival somewhere in Lagos. Ayomide was abandoned and currently lives with her old grandmother. The grandmother peels cassava for a living and was unable to feed or take care of her from the N100 she makes from cassava peeling. To God's glory, Ayomide is improving. We are still working on Ayomide as we have to monitor and follow through expecially in terms of finding a home for her and making sure she gets the right education.we have been able to enroll her in a mainstream school, open a mini stall for her grannie and still working on getting her a place in a home for "special children" Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/926775/please-ayomide-abandoned-child

4.Mr Obong: we got a call from another Nairalander (WAvixen) who informed us about a Nigerian in pains, Mr Obong. Ubong was diagnosed with CANCER OF THE NASAL CAVITY at THE EKO HOSPITALS, Ikeja, Lagos State. This was the culmination of months of illness and running around to different hospitals, which began in September last year when he caught a cold. He thought that it was just the usual attack of common cold but then it lasted for over two weeks. On visiting a doctor by September, he was told he had cancer of the nasal cavity.nairalanders once again rallied round and today, obong is on the pathway of recovery. He had 1 chemotherapy session, therapies with an oncologist and is currently undergoing radiotherapy which will end on 16th of this month, all treatments fully paid by nlders. Full details here: https://www.nairaland.com/1017692/nairalanders-please-ubong-totally-recover

We want to use this opportunity to thank you all, especially those who supported us in cash and kind. Again we pray that God will continue to bless you and yours.

We have also in the course of duty, met and being helped by great Nigerians who are non nairalanders.
Our special thanks to: Dr Orji (ikeja lagoon hospital)

Dr Susie(reddington hospital VI)

Dr Ayilara(egba medical centre, isabo. Abeokuta)

Dr fadeyi(sacred heart hospital, lantoro. Abeokuta)

Matron and staff of Ewekoro health centre.

Matron and staff of wasimi health centre

Finally, we are looking to help out some of the flood victims in some states. At the moment we are still deliberating and details will be out shortly.

Personally, I want to thank TeHN members because it is not easy and I am very prould to be a part of this great team.

Thank you nairalanders for giving us the opportunity to reach out, lift up and serve others!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO TEHN!!!.

Regards,
R231 on behalf of TeHN

PS. You can follow us on twitter @E-Helpers Network and also on facebook: https://www./tehnc

23 Likes

Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Roland17(m): 8:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
Awesome job guys...
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Snowwy: 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
Congrats r231,
God be praised for the enablement and priviledge to help. May the Lord help us channel our resources for mankind.
Weldone.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 08, 2012
God Bless Nairaland/Nairalanders!!!
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by AZeD1(m): 8:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
Congrats!!!!
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by SisiKill1: 8:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
Whoa! It has been a year already??! How time flies!!

You guys well done oh! More Grease to your collective elbows!!

There couldn't have been a better set of people to take on this great task!! Kudos!!

2 Likes

Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 08, 2012
Nice One Ogbeni Osewa. Olohun a ma ran e lowo.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by omiobo: 8:45pm On Nov 08, 2012
I wanna leave my footprints on the sand of time
Know there was something that,and something that I left behind
When I leave this world,I'll leave no regrets
Leave something to remember,so they won't forget

I was here
I lived,I loved
I was here
I did,I've done,everything that I wanted
And it was more than I thought it would be
I will leave my mark so everyone will know
I was here

I want to say I lived each day until I died
I know that I had something in,somebody's life
The hearts I have touched will be the proof that I leave
That I made difference,and this world will see

I was here
I lived,I loved
I was here
I was here

I was here
I lived,I loved
I was here
I was here

I just want them to know that I gave my all,did my best
Brought someone to happiness
Left this world a little better just because.......

I was here
I lived,I loved
I was here
I was here
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by iamswizz(m): 8:51pm On Nov 08, 2012
Ginormous or Immense work of humanity.. Congrats
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by lurkee(f): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
Such a wonderful idea. Thank you to all the people involved with their money and especially time.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 9:04pm On Nov 08, 2012
OBUH
1 Charcover 10,000.00
2 9ijaman 10,000.00
3 Phemmy 10,000.00
4 Militia Dewdrop 15,000.00
5 Firearm 3,000.00
6 Anonymous 5,000.00
7 Joagbaje 100,000.00
8 RonkeBp 10,000.00
9 Sheriffman 3,000.00
10 H&L Brokers 10,000.00
11 FTmom 10,000.00
12 Vicjustice 10,000.00
13 Gabng 10,000.00
14 Initials 10,000.00
15 Web Extreme 2,000.00
16 Initials AGT 5,000.00
17 Initials FOS 5,000.00
18 Initials AH 5,000.00
19 Initials OACT 20,000.00
20 Initial EMN 3,000.00
21 Igbonla 25,000.00
22 Initials 10,000.00
23 Bernard 5,000.00
24 Oyinmama 10,000.00
25 Initials 10,000.00
26 Joy2theworld 2,500.00
27 Unidentified(ATM/POS TRANSFER) 1,000.00
28 OAM4J($100) 16,000.00
29 bfire 10,000.00
30 A-zed 1,000.00
31 Jamace 10,000.00
32 Anonymous 10,000.00
33 Docjuli 1,000.00
34 InitialsKSS(Temp 10,000.00
35 Initials UA 2,000.00
36 Initials AO 5,000.00
37 Nagoma 12,000.00
38 Queen 2,000.00
39 Initials NMO 2,000.00
40 Freiburger(50Euro)10,400.00
41 Menek 2,000.00
42 Barong 5,000.00
Setting up of the Obuhs (374,000.00)
Balance 43,900.00
Buffer xmas stock for Obuhs shop(15,000.00)
Balance c/f 28,900.00
Mbulela(Redemption of pledge) 3,000.00
Transfer from Paypal 97,000.00
Bal c/f 128,900.00
NB: The foreign donations are embedded in the paypal transfer of 97,000(Naira equaivalent). R231 will report breakdown later.

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Freiburger(m): 9:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
Great, wishing everyone associated with Tehn more Grease to their elbows. Keep on the good work.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by CrazyMan(m): 9:34pm On Nov 08, 2012
Today...the seed which was sowed in faith has blossomed

Today I offer a heart only full of pure thanksgiving & gratitude of the great love and commitment each and everyone on TEHN has given.

I would also advise that you never give in to complaints nor fear....cos God's guidance is upon you.

As your eyes are focused on your goals, you'll definitely achieve it.

No matter the circumstances, no matter the challenges, you shall not be shaken...cos this great seed of charity which you have sown shall continue to blossom.

Happy birth day...and more grease to your elbows.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by biolabee(m): 9:35pm On Nov 08, 2012
good job guys.. nice one jarus too on the statement of affairs
i still remember dear perx.. will have loved to meet her

does anyone have any info on her daughter..i read she had one
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
Am short of words,I can jst imagine nigerians I mean real nigerians hav come together 2bring real life & real time succour to fellow humans in this country irrespective of tribe,religion,&other affiliations, this actions melt my heart, these r the bonds that unite us as firstly humans then people as nigerians, a people that hear, feel & see the sufferings & share in the pains of its fellow brethen.
Even though we hav a set of leaders dat r disconnected from realities of our present day &times our zeal shall not be broken, our resolve to do good even in d midst of daunting challenges.
Today am proud to be a nairalander! N this network shall grow from strength to strength, may God continue to bless d organisers wit this initiatives& all who contributed, in 1 way or d other, & hope this singular act of goodwill spur many more of us to do & get ourselves involved in this efforts to better our lots, the lots of our people to build a better 2mrw for our selves.
God bless

2 Likes

Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Iaz93: 9:38pm On Nov 08, 2012
PRAAAISE THE LOOORD
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by damoskiy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 08, 2012
i think we need to start preparing for our next task ahead.it should not be late so as to attend to situations as soon as we do our findings and are sure its not a scam.just my opinion...
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Asemo11(m): 9:47pm On Nov 08, 2012
U people have really don a great job, if 2 say na so we day help each other (loving our naibours) nigeria 4 no day where we day 2day. I say may God continue to help and strentin u people.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by ifyalways(f): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2012
biolabee: good job guys.. nice one jarus too on the statement of affairs
i still remember dear perx.. will have loved to meet her

does anyone have any info on her daughter..i read she had one
from what she told me,her daughter is staying with her dad somewhere safe .
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by toluxa1(m): 9:50pm On Nov 08, 2012
Wonderful! cheesy The LORD bless you all for your support.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by jaymdee(m): 10:01pm On Nov 08, 2012
God bless your efforts and replenish your purse in a billion folds. Amen. I'll be on the lookout for the next call for help. Great initiative my fellow NLanders.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lovely gestures
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by 4ee: 10:21pm On Nov 08, 2012
God bless everyone who contributed in cash and kind.

Please someone should tell me what 'first/second /third(whatever number) to comment' on various threads mean or what it signifies angry
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Nobody: 10:43pm On Nov 08, 2012
Well done guys.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by freecocoa(f): 11:26pm On Nov 08, 2012
Wow!
A year gone already?
Time indeed does fly.
Special thanks to everyone who has in one way
or the other contributed to the progress
of this cause.
R231
Ifyalways
OAM4cocoa
Chelseabmw
Jarus
And all other names too numerous to
mention, God will continue to bless your efforts and all you do shall be prosperous.
To all Nairalanders, I say may the good lord
bless you as you continue to support this body.
Happy anniversary TEHN.

1 Like

Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by maclatunji: 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2012
Happy birthday to TeHN and I say well done to all parties involved in its activities.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by chucky234(m): 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
Great idea put together and coordinated by great minds,we are proud of you guys and pray the good Lord/Allah gives you the strength to continue the good work.
Happy anniversary
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by Gboliwe: 2:35am On Nov 09, 2012
Hurray!
God bless TeHN, God bless every one who has offered support in anyway. Amen.
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by jasmine21(f): 6:03am On Nov 09, 2012
Wow! Great job! May God continue to bless you guys mightyly.
Please how can I join your group TeHN? And how do I make financial contributions when you need help?
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by r231(m): 6:12am On Nov 09, 2012
jasmine21: Wow! Great job! May God continue to bless you guys mightyly.
Please how can I join your group TeHN? And how do I make financial contributions when you need help?

Email - nairalandcharity@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: Tehn Is One Year Old - Hooray!!! by biolabee(m): 6:13am On Nov 09, 2012
ifyalways:
from what she told me,her daughter is staying with her dad somewhere safe .

Thanks Ify

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Street Is The Longest Street In Lagos State / Top Five Most Humble Nairalanders / Photo: See Shocking Pictures Of Trees Having Sexual Posture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.