Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,687 members, 7,820,393 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

Battling Shyness - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Battling Shyness (4392 Views)

Shyness Killing Me Slowly / How To Kill Your Shyness,(learn From My Experience). / Vertedness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 06, 2014
agrovick:

oya come and tish me how to be daring grin
eiyahes, search guuglu grin
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
SkinnyDude:

how? please elaborate.
for instance, their default nervousness makes most of them assume that their listeners are instantly disgusted or unimpressed by how they speak rather than showing a genuine interest in the substance of what they're saying. others go out of their ways to be psychical and interprete their listener's body language as being patronisingly sympathetic, which injures their ego or self esteem and have them become passive aggressive or reclusive or resort to blatant temper tantrums

if it's how to use the tool of humour u were asking, then you should learn to take a joke at face value. don't assume any ulterior or hidden meanings to funny comments when u hear them, cos at least the joker wasn't bold enough to come straight. u can then own them from there and pretend your didn't catch the hidden drift of their suggestive remarks. use distractions while maintaining your composure and attention to topic. smile. laugh heartily if occasioned to.
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
missberrypop5:
eiyahes, search guuglu grin
guuglu said 'ask Millie'
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
agrovick:

guuglu said 'ask Millie'
ok. www.askmillie.com tongue
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 10:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
missberrypop5:
ok. www.askmillie.com tongue
cyrus or berrypop5? Dis ur name be sounding like someone wants to throw a salute
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
agrovick:

cyrus or berrypop5? Dis ur name be sounding like someone wants to throw a salute
yup. Unique. No be duplicate.
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 10:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
missberrypop5:
yup. Unique. No be duplicate.
taaaaa! make i hear word. Av u noticed something?
Re: Battling Shyness by Damlesky(m): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
If i seeing a gurl that is very beutifuing, I shall shy to talked to ha o because i was very bold like bold 5.
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
agrovick:

taaaaa! make i hear word. Av u noticed something?
no, what?
Re: Battling Shyness by SkinnyDude(m): 10:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
spotit:
for instance, their default nervousness makes most of them assume that their listeners are instantly disgusted or unimpressed by how they speak rather than showing a genuine interest in the substance of what they're saying. others go out of their ways to be psychical and interprete their listener's body language as being patronisingly sympathetic, which injures their ego or self esteem and have them become passive aggressive or reclusive or resort to blatant temper tantrums

if it's how to use the tool of humour u were asking, then you should learn to take a joke at face value. don't assume any ulterior or hidden meanings to funny comments when u hear them, cos at least the joker wasn't bold enough to come straight. u can then own them from there and pretend your didn't catch the hidden drift of their suggestive remarks. use distractions while maintaining your composure and attention to topic. smile. laugh heartily if occasioned to.
seems like you are a Psychologist, cos' you just explained everything. i assume my listeners are disgusted with the way i speak, and i feel bad and ashamed. but am not aggresive.
after speaking with my new female friend this evening, i paused and asked myself "i no know wetin this babe go dey think of me now, i hope say i no dey disgust her with my 'Hard starting'".
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 10:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
missberrypop5:
no, what?
we have a knack for derailing treads grin
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
agrovick:

we have a knack for derailing treads grin
lol, it's good na. Na you deh cause am. Good night jare. I'm off.
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 11:14pm On Oct 06, 2014
SkinnyDude:

seems like you are a Psychologist, cos' you just explained everything. i assume my listeners are disgusted with the way i speak, and i feel bad and ashamed. but am not aggresive.
after speaking with my new female friend this evening, i paused and asked myself "i no know wetin this babe go dey think of me now, i hope say i no dey disgust her with my 'Hard starting'".
lol...hard starting... no, ur not a piece of machinery that needs a new choke/plug/ballast.

i didn't say ur aggressive, look up 'passive aggressive' on googł.. it means something along the lines of being quiet in a dangerous way...using indifference and nonco-operation to make a strong statement..

1 Like

Re: Battling Shyness by hizson(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Have read and read many write ups on shyness but it seems am getting worse daily..just wondering how u would defend my project... cry cry cry cry
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
missberrypop5:
hmmm, i used to be shy. Still have little traces.
#following.
Lol. Is that why you won't return my call? wink
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 12:00am On Oct 07, 2014
@post, I overcame my shyness mostly by being seen with the finest girls in class. It does something for your ego.
That also helped me see that the prettiest girls are always the nicest. Just walk up, smile and say 'Hi, I like you'. Easy-peasy
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2014
missberrypop5:
lol, it's good na. Na you deh cause am. Good night jare. I'm off.
one of these days, somebody will break our heads. Welcome to a brand new day
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 07, 2014
agrovick:

one of these days, somebody will break our heads. Welcome to a brand new day
lol, i go use you do helmet. Thanks. You too.
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
missberrypop5:
lol, i go use you do helmet. Thanks. You too.
i don dey know my enemies, that your eyes wey be like my own grin
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 07, 2014
agrovick:

i don dey know my enemies, that your eyes wey be like my own grin
lol, my eyes big pass ya own jawe. But na true o. You sure say our eyes no be twins? You don deh derail this thread again o grin
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 9:40am On Oct 07, 2014
missberrypop5:
lol, my eyes big pass ya own jawe. But na true o. You sure say our eyes no be twins? You don deh derail this thread again o grin
tah! So u xef like beta tin, see as she dey famz my eyes. I go begin station bouncers for any thread wey i feel say u go like... Whats for breakfast, my tummy is spitting rap lyrics
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 07, 2014
agrovick:

tah! So u xef like beta tin, see as she dey famz my eyes. I go begin station bouncers for any thread wey i feel say u go like... Whats for breakfast, my tummy is spitting rap lyrics
your tummy can be wizkalifah. I no go give you my food tongue
Re: Battling Shyness by agrovick(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2014
missberrypop5:
your tummy can be wizkalifah. I no go give you my food tongue
me xef no go shop wetin go make me shit. I dey go read, come dey blow me breeze
Re: Battling Shyness by codedmax(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
op kudos

Gut one ques: could being an introvert lead to shyness or the other way around.??

Thou i wnt say im shy, i dnt just really like been around peeps m nt comfortable wit i tend to be choosy wit d kind of peep i roll around wid.
Re: Battling Shyness by lepasharon(f): 12:21am On Oct 16, 2014
follows
Re: Battling Shyness by Heebucun(f): 7:47am On Oct 16, 2014
codedmax:
op kudos

Gut one ques: could being an introvert lead to shyness or the other way around.??

Thou i wnt say im shy, i dnt just really like been around peeps m nt comfortable wit i tend to be choosy wit d kind of peep i roll around wid.
An introvert isn't a shy person but being shy can lead to being an introvert.a shy person can still be an extrovert @heart but after just overcomin shyness
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 16, 2014
Hahaha!! Odiegwu! See badt guys dey form shyness cheesy
I feel apprehensive talking to girls because my blockos always charges no matter who she is (so far we're not related) or where we are (even church). This is a big deal (pun intended) because I have a huge *cough* banana plantain. grin
It's so embarrassing, the last episode was when I was talking to pastor's wife! She just kept gaping at my crotch in horror. embarassed
So how do I overCUM (I crack myself up) this hard issue? tongue

1 Like

Re: Battling Shyness by Heebucun(f): 3:44pm On Oct 17, 2014
BlackStallion:
Hahaha!! Odiegwu! See badt guys dey form shyness cheesy
I feel apprehensive talking to girls because my blockos always charges no matter who she is (so far we're not related) or where we are (even church). This is a big deal (pun intended) because I have a huge *cough* banana plantain. grin
It's so embarrassing, the last episode was when I was talking to pastor's wife! She just kept gaping at my crotch in horror. embarassed
So how do I overCUM (I crack myself up) this hard issue? tongue
Damlesky:
If i seeing a gurl that is very beutifuing, I shall shy to talked to ha o because i was very bold like bold 5.
TROLLS
Re: Battling Shyness by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
Heebucun:

TROLLS
Lol. I guess that makes you Fiona (an ogress) grin
Don't segue pls, what's the solution?? wink
Re: Battling Shyness by Heebucun(f): 4:49pm On Oct 17, 2014
Am not shy but the reason am concerned with syhness is there is this male friend of mine.the only gf he had was tru a joke on bbm and even after that the girl took him so much for granted all in the name of SHYNESS.he spends for her and he couldn't even complain if the girl was doin wrong.
Above all she took him for a fool all because he was shy.I know shy guys are not stupid so that's y am against being shy tho being shy can somtimes be cool but not STUPID

3 Likes

Re: Battling Shyness by frez14: 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2014
nice.
Re: Battling Shyness by Shantyken(m): 3:57pm On May 25, 2017
I LOVE U op

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ladies And Guys: How do you respond to this and have your ever said this?? / My Friend Needs A Good BF. / Hot Baboon Rapes Female Teachers And Runs Away With Their Pants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.